Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

EMBATTLED White House press secretary Sean Spicer has resigned over the hiring of a new communications director.

Mr Spicer reportedly “vehemently disagreed” with US Fake President Trump offering New York financier Anthony Scaramucci the role of communications director.

He told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that the White House’s commuincations department had “too many cooks in the kitchen”.

I just thought it was in the best interest of our communications department, of our press organisation, to not have too many cooks in the kitchen,” Spicer told Fox News’ Sean Hannity in an interview hours after he resigned from the White House.

More at http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/sean-spicer-resigns-as-white-house-press-secretary/news-story/0b4037460d1a4a23b3b179236eddb2b1

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16193
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:09 am

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

PMSL you really are embarrassing yourself now

I know, right?  He doesn't even know that Trump lost the popular vote.  But, tommy is tommy.  I'm much more surprised that Raggs is not caught up on this.

It's expected that Brits stay more in tune with British politics, but what with all the craziness going on in Washington in the past 6-months, you'd think they might hear something now and then.  We've had several threads on the electoral college, and how it usurps democracy in the US.  Evil or Very Mad

I know that Trump lost the popular vote overall and still won the election, but that's because of the way your system is set up. You specifically claimed that the electoral college voted against the majority vote in three areas, and that's just not true. You need to read posts properly and understand what people are saying.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I know, right?  He doesn't even know that Trump lost the popular vote.  But, tommy is tommy.  I'm much more surprised that Raggs is not caught up on this.

It's expected that Brits stay more in tune with British politics, but what with all the craziness going on in Washington in the past 6-months, you'd think they might hear something now and then.  We've had several threads on the electoral college, and how it usurps democracy in the US.  Evil or Very Mad

I know that Trump lost the popular vote overall and still won the election, but that's because of the way your system is set up. You specifically claimed that the electoral college voted against the majority vote in three areas, and that's just not true. You need to read posts properly and understand what people are saying.

If the electoral college didn't vote against the will of the people, how did Trump win despite losing by 3-million votes to Clinton?

You claim of the areas I chose, it's "not true". Are you suggested that I chose the wrong states--Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania--wherein the shenanigans took place?    That's what the expert say, not me.  Personally...I haven't been to Wisconsin or Michigan for years, and while I've been in Pennsylvania several times, never in a computer room where they were counting votes. I doubt you have been there either.  I have to rely on the experts, and so do you.  What evidence do you have to contradict the experts?

I think you use gibberish and nonsense ("... read posts properly and understand what people are saying.") to weasel out of the pekills you get yourself into.  You are just plain wrong, and your ego can't admit it.  Rolling Eyes

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19982
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I know that Trump lost the popular vote overall and still won the election, but that's because of the way your system is set up. You specifically claimed that the electoral college voted against the majority vote in three areas, and that's just not true. You need to read posts properly and understand what people are saying.

If the electoral college didn't vote against the will of the people, how did Trump win despite losing by 3-million votes to Clinton?

You claim of the areas I chose, it's "not true".  Are you suggested that I chose the wrong states--Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania--wherein the shenanigans took place?    That's what the expert say, not me.  Personally...I haven't been to Wisconsin or Michigan for years, and while I've been in Pennsylvania several times, never in a computer room where they were counting votes.  I doubt you have been there either.  I have to rely on the experts, and so do you.  What evidence do you have to contradict the experts?

I think you use gibberish and nonsense ("... read posts properly and understand what people are saying.") to weasel out of the pekills you get yourself into.  You are just plain wrong, and your ego can't admit it.  Rolling Eyes

The figures you posted yourself speak for themselves. Trump won the popular vote in those areas, so the electoral college did not vote contrary to the popular vote. You're the one talking gibberish because you specifically said that the electoral college did vote against the popular vote in those areas. Why don't you just admit you got it wrong instead of abusing me?

You need to do some research as to how it happened, but it wasn't because of the electoral college. It's not that difficult to understand.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If the electoral college didn't vote against the will of the people, how did Trump win despite losing by 3-million votes to Clinton?

You claim of the areas I chose, it's "not true".  Are you suggested that I chose the wrong states--Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania--wherein the shenanigans took place?    That's what the expert say, not me.  Personally...I haven't been to Wisconsin or Michigan for years, and while I've been in Pennsylvania several times, never in a computer room where they were counting votes.  I doubt you have been there either.  I have to rely on the experts, and so do you.  What evidence do you have to contradict the experts?

I think you use gibberish and nonsense ("... read posts properly and understand what people are saying.") to weasel out of the pekills you get yourself into.  You are just plain wrong, and your ego can't admit it.  Rolling Eyes

The figures you posted yourself speak for themselves. Trump won the popular vote in those areas, so the electoral college did not vote contrary to the popular vote. You're the one talking gibberish because you specifically said that the electoral college did vote against the popular vote in those areas. Why don't you just admit you got it wrong instead of abusing me?

You need to do some research as to how it happened, but it wasn't because of the electoral college. It's not that difficult to understand.

Soz...you just don't understand American politics, nor do you know the history and effect of the electoral college. Trump was outvoted by Clinton by nearly 3-million votes, 10-million if you count all opposition votes, Bernie Sanders included.

Thus, the original point: the US is not a democracy.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19982
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The figures you posted yourself speak for themselves. Trump won the popular vote in those areas, so the electoral college did not vote contrary to the popular vote. You're the one talking gibberish because you specifically said that the electoral college did vote against the popular vote in those areas. Why don't you just admit you got it wrong instead of abusing me?

You need to do some research as to how it happened, but it wasn't because of the electoral college. It's not that difficult to understand.

Soz...you just don't understand American politics, nor do you know the history and effect of the electoral college.  Trump was outvoted by Clinton by nearly 3-million votes, 10-million if you count all opposition votes, Bernie Sanders included.

Thus, the original point: the US is not a democracy.

No Quill, I understand it better than you do. You claimed that the electoral college voted against the majority in at least three states, and then you later claimed that must have happened because otherwise Trump would have won the popular vote.

Here's a small, simple, example of how someone can win an election and lose the popular vote.

Imagine a country with only three states, each containing 100 people. There are two candidates for election. Candidate A wins 51 votes from the first two states, but only 20 votes from the third one. He has won the election because he won in two states out of three, but he didn't win the total popular vote. OK?


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Candidate A wins 51 votes from the first two states, but only 20 votes from the third one. He has won the election because he won in two states out of three, but he didn't win the total popular vote. OK?

That's arithmetic politics.  But that is not the way the electoral college works.  NPR uses the 2000 election to illustrate:

NPR wrote:The most egregious fault in the system is the prospect of a nationwide popular vote winner actually losing in the Electoral College. It has happened [multiple] times, most recently in 2000 [and has happened again in the 2016 election] when Al Gore got 48.4 percent of the popular vote to 47.9 percent for George W. Bush (a margin of about 500,000 votes). After a struggle over the count in one state (Florida) that went all the way to the Supreme Court, Bush was declared the winner with 271 votes in the Electoral College — one more than the minimum for a majority.

It must also be said that the system of 50 separate elections encourages candidates to concentrate their campaign time and resources on a handful of so-called battleground states. These are generally medium to large states where neither party has an overwhelming advantage. That means some mega-states (California, Texas, New York, Illinois) are largely neglected, while a few others (Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio and North Carolina) see more of the candidates and their surrogates than the rest of the country combined. Small states, those with electoral votes in single digits, are often left off the campaign itinerary altogether. This, despite the fact that each citizen's vote is supposed to be worth as much as any other's.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/06/500660424/how-the-electoral-college-works-and-why-you-don-t-want-to-think-about-it

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19982
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Candidate A wins 51 votes from the first two states, but only 20 votes from the third one. He has won the election because he won in two states out of three, but he didn't win the total popular vote. OK?

That's arithmetic politics.  But that is not the way the electoral college works.  NPR uses the 2000 election to illustrate:

NPR wrote:The most egregious fault in the system is the prospect of a nationwide popular vote winner actually losing in the Electoral College. It has happened [multiple] times, most recently in 2000 when Al Gore got 48.4 percent of the popular vote to 47.9 percent for George W. Bush (a margin of about 500,000 votes). After a struggle over the count in one state (Florida) that went all the way to the Supreme Court, Bush was declared the winner with 271 votes in the Electoral College — one more than the minimum for a majority.

It must also be said that the system of 50 separate elections encourages candidates to concentrate their campaign time and resources on a handful of so-called battleground states. These are generally medium to large states where neither party has an overwhelming advantage. That means some mega-states (California, Texas, New York, Illinois) are largely neglected, while a few others (Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio and North Carolina) see more of the candidates and their surrogates than the rest of the country combined. Small states, those with electoral votes in single digits, are often left off the campaign itinerary altogether. This, despite the fact that each citizen's vote is supposed to be worth as much as any other's.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/06/500660424/how-the-electoral-college-works-and-why-you-don-t-want-to-think-about-it

It is the way it works.

When each state certifies a winner of its overall popular vote, that winner is entitled to send all his or her electors to that state's Capitol, where they will officially record their votes for their candidate.

In these proceedings in the states, the winner of the statewide popular vote generally takes all the Electoral College votes, a rule stretching back to 1824.

Generally speaking, the winner of the popular vote in a state gets all the electoral college votes for that state.

It's similar here. In each constituency the winner of the most votes gets the seat. They don't have to have an overall majority in each constituency, and all the votes for other parties count for nothing. For example, in a particular constituency the Tory candidate could get 1,001 votes, and the Labour candidate could get 1,000 votes, but those 1,000 votes count for nothing in the end.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:22 am

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

PMSL you really are embarrassing yourself now

I know, right?  He doesn't even know that Trump lost the popular vote.  But, tommy is tommy.  I'm much more surprised that Raggs is not caught up on this.

It's expected that Brits stay more in tune with British politics, but what with all the craziness going on in Washington in the past 6-months, you'd think they might hear something now and then.  We've had several threads on the electoral college, and how it usurps democracy in the US.  Evil or Very Mad


I know that your pres elections isnt about who got most overall votes... it is about who won the vote in the most regions...!!!


Trump won in far more regions than anyone else... so Trump got elected!!!


The general elecs here in uk is very much the same in that respect... there are 650 regions (constitutes)... each regional winner adds plus one to the overall scorecard for their political party... then the party with the most at the end, wins...!!!


If Trump had ended up with more overall votes but clinton had won more regions... then you wouldnt be complaining!!!


So shut up!!!


Plus... you were caught lying!!!




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19031
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum