weird phobias

Go down

weird phobias

Post by gelico on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:24 pm

my son's girlfriend has a phobia of things in arch shapes and colours together

for example, if she saw a dude in town holding a large bunch of multi coloured balloons she wold run.

she can't stand rainbows which i think are awesome.  she said when she was young she came home from school but didn't have her key.  she noticed a rainbow and hid under a bush in the back garden till her mum came home

also knew a woman who had a little boy who was petrified of buttons.  fine with zips and press studs and velcro but went berserk if there was a button on his clothes

gelico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: weird phobias

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Fancy being scared of rainbows. Shocked

I had a friend who was petrified of clowns or anyone made up in an odd way....we were on holiday a few years ago and one of those people who paint themselves white and stand still like a statue was always stood near our hotel...we would have to walk the opposite way to avoid him, walking about a mile extra every night to get where we wanted to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Syl wrote:Fancy being scared of rainbows. Shocked

I had a friend who was petrified of clowns or anyone made up in an odd way....we were on holiday a few years ago and one of those people who paint themselves white and stand still like a statue was always stood near our hotel...we would have to walk the opposite way to avoid him, walking about a mile extra every night to get where we wanted to be.

I don't like bridges with water beneath. Particularly suspension ones.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm

whilst i understand people can suffer, sometimes severely from phobias.....I have never understood them, beyond a few obvious ones ...like for instance heights....I mean falling from a height is irredeemable and usually fatal....
but buttons? rainbows?

spiders??????

nah...dont "get it"

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:25 pm

I have a phobia about spiders and injections. I'm a total nut when seeing a spider. If I have to have injections,if possible I decline them. I'm a total wuss.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Falling is ok, it's when you stop that problems arise .
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:23 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Fancy being scared of rainbows. Shocked

I don't like bridges with water beneath.  Particularly suspension ones.

I have a weird phobia about heights and bridges too.  It's veeeery difficult to get me to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, although I have done it.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Think some might gain a phobia from pictures after this..  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down