Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:02 pm

A mother has shamed commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she fed her 15-month-old baby in a corridor.
Bryony Esther, 32, shared a photograph of her attempting to breastfeed her child while surrounded by men taking up all nearby seats.
The mother-of-three revealed no one offered to give up their spot for her and one man just chose to gawp at her instead.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4706238/Mother-forced-stand-packed-train-breastfeed-baby.html?param_usr=1¶m_targetUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-4706238%2FMother-forced-stand-packed-train-breastfeed-baby.html¶m_geolocation=gb¶m__host=secured.dailymail.co.uk¶m_hideMasthead=¶m_hideFooter=&base_fe_url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailymail.co.uk%2F&validation_fe_uri=%2Fregistration%2Fp%2Fapi%2Ffield%2Fvalidation%2F&check_user_fe_uri=registration%2Fp%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Fuser_check%2F&isMobile=false
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Firstly, she has a toddler in her arms not a baby. The child is nearly a year and a half old. Secondly, I'm presuming that the journey was long, and therefore people had tickets for a seat. A child of that age isn't going to be feeding every hour, unless she doesn't have it on solids yet which at that age is a disgrace. Thirdly, having children is a life choice, not a disability. If someone gets up and gives you their seat, that's very nice. But if they don't...that's their choice too, just as it's your choice to keep a child with teeth on the tit.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Well firstly I'd never leave a woman carrying a young child to stand or even let a young child stand on a bus or a train.
Secondly, it's really up to her whether she breast feeds the child at a year and a half old - I don't personally consider it necessary and neither would I still do it - but it's her right.

The people were downright ignorant to be completely honest and had I been that woman, I'd have said something very loudly and very sarcastically.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32221
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by magica on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:19 pm

That child is far too old to be breast feeding.

Did she really have to get her boob out, the child must be on solids so something else would've sufficed.

She's one of these mums who do this to make a point. She and the rest like her get on my nerves.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:27 pm

eddie wrote:Well firstly I'd never leave a woman carrying a young child to stand or even let a young child stand on a bus or a train.
Secondly, it's really up to her whether she breast feeds the child at a year and a half old - I don't personally consider it necessary and neither would I still do it - but it's her right.

The people were downright ignorant to be completely honest and had I been that woman, I'd have said something very loudly and very sarcastically.

Whether it be a woman or a man on a train or bus carrying a child. People should give up their seat.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Yes, my post should've said woman or man.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32221
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 pm

eddie wrote:Well firstly I'd never leave a woman carrying a young child to stand or even let a young child stand on a bus or a train.
Secondly, it's really up to her whether she breast feeds the child at a year and a half old - I don't personally consider it necessary and neither would I still do it - but it's her right.

The people were downright ignorant to be completely honest and had I been that woman, I'd have said something very loudly and very sarcastically.

Young children are perfectly capable of standing - more capable than someone who might have been on their feet all day at work. She can do what she wants, but those with seats can also do what they want - ie, keep sitting down.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:53 pm

One woman wrote: 'This is bloody terrible hun, poor you. You must have super strong arms feeding and standing up. Some men don't know how to show respect.

'I have always given my seat up on public transport to the elderly and expecting mothers that I've seen struggling.'

She can't have been struggling that much because she managed to take a selfie whilst holding the kid with one arm.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Well firstly I'd never leave a woman carrying a young child to stand or even let a young child stand on a bus or a train.
Secondly, it's really up to her whether she breast feeds the child at a year and a half old - I don't personally consider it necessary and neither would I still do it - but it's her right.

The people were downright ignorant to be completely honest and had I been that woman, I'd have said something very loudly and very sarcastically.

Young children are perfectly capable of standing - more capable than someone who might have been on their feet all day at work. She can do what she wants, but those with seats can also do what they want - ie, keep

sitting down.


Of course that is why we encourage children to stand up in cars and not be seated then?#

WTF

Its basic common sense. Its harder to steady yourself when carrying someone. Of which a one and half year old is not going to be steady on their feet let alone strong enough to hold on properly when the train brakes. Hence why you should give up your seat, otherwise is down right selfish

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Green from me HT.

And i agree with Raggs too.


The child was perfectly capable of walking and standing otherwise the mother would have had a push chair for kid which it could have sat in...


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19210
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Green from me HT.

And i agree with Raggs too.


The child was perfectly capable of walking and standing otherwise the mother would have had a push chair for kid which it could have sat in...



Really based on what?
You think a one and half year old can hang on when train or bus is braking or the later going around courners?

On what planet where they born? Kypton?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:13 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Young children are perfectly capable of standing - more capable than someone who might have been on their feet all day at work. She can do what she wants, but those with seats can also do what they want - ie, keep

sitting down.


Of course that is why we encourage children to stand up in cars and not be seated then?#

WTF

Its basic common sense. Its harder to steady yourself when carrying someone. Of which a one and half year old is not going to be steady on their feet let alone strong enough to hold on properly when the train brakes. Hence why you should give up your seat, otherwise is down right selfish

Don't be silly - a car is a different matter entirely. She managed to "steady" herself enough to take a selfie. It's just more attention seeking. The kid wouldn't need feeding at that exact moment anyway. It doesn't say how long she was actually on the train.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Green from me HT.

And i agree with Raggs too.


The child was perfectly capable of walking and standing otherwise the mother would have had a push chair for kid which it could have sat in...


That's right Tommy.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 pm

eddie wrote:Well firstly I'd never leave a woman carrying a young child to stand or even let a young child stand on a bus or a train.
Secondly, it's really up to her whether she breast feeds the child at a year and a half old - I don't personally consider it necessary and neither would I still do it - but it's her right.

The people were downright ignorant to be completely honest and had I been that woman, I'd have said something very loudly and very sarcastically.

Just because she has a child, doesn't give her an entitlement to someone else's seat, nor does it give her the right to film them in an attempt to shame them.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Of course that is why we encourage children to stand up in cars and not be seated then?#

WTF

Its basic common sense. Its harder to steady yourself when carrying someone. Of which a one and half year old is not going to be steady on their feet let alone strong enough to hold on properly when the train brakes. Hence why you should give up your seat, otherwise is down right selfish

Don't be silly - a car is a different matter entirely. She managed to "steady" herself enough to take a selfie. It's just more attention seeking. The kid wouldn't need feeding at that exact moment anyway. It doesn't say how long she was actually on the train.



You think its different?

Really?

She may have taken the selfie whilst stationary.

Or does not common sense work for you?

I not talking about the feeding.

I am talking about a person holding onto a child on a bus or train whilst standing is going to be less steady on their feet.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:17 pm

Put the kid in a pushchair then. It's not rocket science.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Put the kid in a pushchair then. It's not rocket science.


What if they do not have a pushchair?

Again why are some people so selfish here that they argue against giving up their seat for people who need it more than they do.

The reason why, because we have become a nation of self centered lazy bastards.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Green from me HT.

And i agree with Raggs too.


The child was perfectly capable of walking and standing otherwise the mother would have had a push chair for kid which it could have sat in...


I used to use a buggy on trains and buses. And you can also get those strap on harnesses for kids. She had enough balance to film herself and others and then post it on Facebook.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Green from me HT.

And i agree with Raggs too.


The child was perfectly capable of walking and standing otherwise the mother would have had a push chair for kid which it could have sat in...



Really based on what?
You think a one and half year old can hang on when train or bus is braking or the later going around courners?

On what planet where they born? Kypton?

If its holding its mother's hand, yes. How do you suppose women coped years ago? I used to take my child on the bus all the time and we often had to stand. We were fine. And before you say, back in the day most people would have stood up and given her a seat...back in the day there's no way she'd have flopped out a breast and fed a child of that age or any other age on public transport. She'd have been arrested.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:23 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Green from me HT.

And i agree with Raggs too.


The child was perfectly capable of walking and standing otherwise the mother would have had a push chair for kid which it could have sat in...


I used to use a buggy on trains and buses.  And you can also get those strap on harnesses for kids.   She had enough balance to film herself and others and then  post it on Facebook.    

The arguments get worse by the minute.
Not everyone wants to treat their children like animals and place them in harnesses.
Not everyone takes a pushchair.
You can use your other arm whilst the train or bus has stopped to do many things
The point again being missed and is wrong here is there is no reason why people should not give up their seats to people with young children.
Again those with children are going to be less stable when standing holding a baby or young child.
An adult on their own is not going to have this same problem.
So those arguing to not get up for them are doing so based off selfish reasons.
There is no excuse not to give up your seat.

A few decades ago people would so without question


Last edited by Thorin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:24 pm

She probably had an air of "entitlement" about her, like a lot of attention seekers.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Really based on what?
You think a one and half year old can hang on when train or bus is braking or the later going around courners?

On what planet where they born? Kypton?

If its holding its mother's hand, yes.  How do you suppose women coped years ago?   I used to take my child on the bus all the time and we often had to stand.   We were fine.   And before you say, back in the day most people would have stood up and given her a seat...back in the day there's no way she'd have flopped out a breast and fed a child of that age or any other age on public transport.  She'd have been arrested.


Good for you, I am sure I will put you forward for this years Mary Poppins award.
The fact you seem to think everyone else should do as you do is not how things work
Well thank goodness today people are become less and less prudish wallies over an exposed breast feeding a child.
What you have failed to argue is why people should not be giving up their seats to a parent with a young child

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Put the kid in a pushchair then. It's not rocket science.


What if they do not have a pushchair?

Again why are some people so selfish here that they argue against giving up their seat for people who need it more than they do.

The reason why, because we have become a nation of self centered lazy bastards.

It's not about the giving up of the seat...it's more about her whining about it and then filming it for social media. Sure, it would be nice if someone gave her a seat...but they didn't. I've given my seat many a time to the elderly etc, but if I chose not to, why the fuck should I be pilloried for it and filmed and put on social media.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:


What if they do not have a pushchair?

Again why are some people so selfish here that they argue against giving up their seat for people who need it more than they do.

The reason why, because we have become a nation of self centered lazy bastards.

It's not about the giving up of the seat...it's more about her whining about it and then filming it for social media.    Sure, it would be nice if someone gave her a seat...but they didn't.    I've given my seat many a time to the elderly etc, but if I chose not to, why the fuck should I be pilloried for it and filmed and put on social media.  


Really, is that why people have been arguing that the child should be able to stand okay on a train and bus then?

Behave horatio.

If your issue is about her making it public, then that should be what you want to argue about, not anything else.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Put the kid in a pushchair then. It's not rocket science.


What if they do not have a pushchair?

Again why are some people so selfish here that they argue against giving up their seat for people who need it more than they do.

The reason why, because we have become a nation of self centered lazy bastards.

Well then clearly the kid can walk perfectly well and shouldn't need breastfeeding on a train. If she carried the kid all the way, that was her choice.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

If its holding its mother's hand, yes.  How do you suppose women coped years ago?   I used to take my child on the bus all the time and we often had to stand.   We were fine.   And before you say, back in the day most people would have stood up and given her a seat...back in the day there's no way she'd have flopped out a breast and fed a child of that age or any other age on public transport.  She'd have been arrested.


Good for you, I am sure I will put you forward for this years Mary Poppins award.
The fact you seem to think everyone else should do as you do is not how things work
Well thank goodness today people are become less and less prudish wallies over an exposed breast feeding a child.
What you have failed to argue is why people should not be giving up their seats to a parent with a young child

Argue. Yes, that's what you do. I don't argue, I debate. Whether people choose to stand up or not for a woman breast feeding a toddler is up to them. So, lets use your own words here. Why should everyone do as this woman wants them to do? It's not how things work.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


What if they do not have a pushchair?

Again why are some people so selfish here that they argue against giving up their seat for people who need it more than they do.

The reason why, because we have become a nation of self centered lazy bastards.

Well then clearly the kid can walk perfectly well and shouldn't need breastfeeding on a train. If she carried the kid all the way, that was her choice.


Really, based on what?

The mother or father carrying this child?

A woman can breastfeed where she wants to, its not for you to decide.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Good for you, I am sure I will put you forward for this years Mary Poppins award.
The fact you seem to think everyone else should do as you do is not how things work
Well thank goodness today people are become less and less prudish wallies over an exposed breast feeding a child.
What you have failed to argue is why people should not be giving up their seats to a parent with a young child

Argue.   Yes, that's what you do.   I don't argue, I debate.    Whether people choose to stand up or not for a woman breast feeding a toddler is up to them.    So, lets use your own words here.   Why should everyone do as this woman wants them to do?   It's not how things work.  

lol, when you points lose any credibility, its always good to try to steer it onto me.
PMSL
By the above you were arguing not debating.
It is up to people and its clear they are lazy, as there is no reason for them not to give up their seats, unless they have a medical condition like arthritis for example or a bad back.


Last edited by Thorin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well then clearly the kid can walk perfectly well and shouldn't need breastfeeding on a train. If she carried the kid all the way, that was her choice.


Really, based on what?

The mother or father carrying this child?

A woman can breastfeed where she wants to, its not for you to decide.

I didn't say she couldn't, but others aren't obliged to give up their seat just because she was attention seeking.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 pm

A child of eighteen months old has only been walking for a matter of months. No they are not steady enough on their feet to stand on moving transport!!
Fucking hell. There are some hard-hearted selfish people on this thread.

I'll also add, if I was with a guy who don't give his seat up for a woman or a child or a women with a child (man with child), then I'd seriously question whether he and I had an actual future!
I like a gentleman.


Last edited by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32221
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Really, based on what?

The mother or father carrying this child?

A woman can breastfeed where she wants to, its not for you to decide.

I didn't say she couldn't, but others aren't obliged to give up their seat just because she was attention seeking.


How was she attention seeking by wanting to be able to sit down with her child?

That is not attention seeking.

Maybe you can tell me why people should not give up their seat to people who need them more than they do?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 pm

eddie wrote:A child of eighteen months old has only been waking for a matter of months. No they are not steady enough on their feet to stand on moving transport!!
Fucking hell. There are some hard-hearted selfish people on this thread.

+1
Exactly my point.
People have taken to task the mother not for the reasons given in the article, but because they have taken a dislike to her, because she made it public.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:A child of eighteen months old has only been waking for a matter of months. No they are not steady enough on their feet to stand on moving transport!!
Fucking hell. There are some hard-hearted selfish people on this thread.

+1
Exactly my point.
People have taken to task the mother not for the reasons given in the article, but because they have taken a dislike to her, because she made it public.

I also added some more to my post. Perhaps it will be seen as sexist but I dont care.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32221
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:41 pm

eddie wrote:A child of eighteen months old has only been walking for a matter of months. No they are not steady enough on their feet to stand on moving transport!!
Fucking hell. There are some hard-hearted selfish people on this thread.

I'll also add, if I was with a guy who don't give his seat up for a woman or a child or a women with a child (man with child), then I'd seriously question whether he and I had an actual future!
I like a gentleman.

I just don't like attention seekers, and I don't like people who use social media to try to "shame" people. She should have had a pushchair, or held the kid's hand or something - or planned her journey when the trains were less busy.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I didn't say she couldn't, but others aren't obliged to give up their seat just because she was attention seeking.


How was she attention seeking by wanting to be able to sit down with her child?

That is not attention seeking.

Maybe you can tell me why people should not give up their seat to people who need them more than they do?

Breast feeding a kid of that age as if she really needed to, and putting it all on Facebook is attention seeking. She has an attitude of being "entitled", and I don't like that.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I used to use a buggy on trains and buses.  And you can also get those strap on harnesses for kids.   She had enough balance to film herself and others and then  post it on Facebook.    

The arguments get worse by the minute.
Not everyone wants to treat their children like animals and place them in harnesses.
Not everyone takes a pushchair.
You can use your other arm whilst the train or bus has stopped to do many things
The point again being missed and is wrong here is there is no reason why people should not give up their seats to people with young children.
Again those with children are going to be less stable when standing holding a baby or young child.
An adult on their own is not going to have this same problem.
So those arguing to not get up for them are doing so based off selfish reasons.
There is no excuse not to give up your seat.

A few decades ago people would so without question

If you have a very young child, you have a responsibility to keep that child safe. So, you do this by wearing a papoose harness, or reins, or you put it in the buggy...or you carry it. This is the sole responsibility of the parent, nobody else. Do you imagine that woman carried a child of that size all the way to the station? Would she be expecting it to walk when they got off? If you take a young child on a journey, you better be prepared to ensure it's safe and catered for. If you look carefully at the photo of her, there is a buggy beside her. So it seems she had one.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:A child of eighteen months old has only been walking for a matter of months. No they are not steady enough on their feet to stand on moving transport!!
Fucking hell. There are some hard-hearted selfish people on this thread.

I'll also add, if I was with a guy who don't give his seat up for a woman or a child or a women with a child (man with child), then I'd seriously question whether he and I had an actual future!
I like a gentleman.

I just don't like attention seekers, and I don't like people who use social media to try to "shame" people. She should have had a pushchair, or held the kid's hand or something - or planned her journey when the trains were less busy.


There you go, just as I stated and because of this view. Then people argue against what is the right thing to do.
Give up the seat.
If people want to blame a mother for speaking out on an actual wrong, what is the world coming to. That people cannot express their day to people on social media. Which then garners more attention to a wrong. To then support why it was wrong not to give up a seat for people who need it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I just don't like attention seekers, and I don't like people who use social media to try to "shame" people. She should have had a pushchair, or held the kid's hand or something - or planned her journey when the trains were less busy.


There you go, just as I stated and because of this view. Then people argue against what is the right thing to do.
Give up the seat.
If people want to blame a mother for speaking out on an actual wrong, what is the world coming to. That people cannot express their day to people on social media. Which then garners more attention to a wrong. To then support why it was wrong not to give up a seat for people who need it.

The only seat she was near was the disabled seat, and she's not disabled. Another photo of her shows plenty of empty seats actually. She was just whining because she thinks she's more important than anyone else.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Green from me HT.

And i agree with Raggs too.


The child was perfectly capable of walking and standing otherwise the mother would have had a push chair for kid which it could have sat in...



Really based on what?
You think a one and half year old can hang on when train or bus is braking or the later going around courners?

On what planet where they born? Kypton?

Did you fall over and bang your head as a child didge...?

And is that the reason for your poor spelling now...?

lol!


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19210
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:47 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

The arguments get worse by the minute.
Not everyone wants to treat their children like animals and place them in harnesses.
Not everyone takes a pushchair.
You can use your other arm whilst the train or bus has stopped to do many things
The point again being missed and is wrong here is there is no reason why people should not give up their seats to people with young children.
Again those with children are going to be less stable when standing holding a baby or young child.
An adult on their own is not going to have this same problem.
So those arguing to not get up for them are doing so based off selfish reasons.
There is no excuse not to give up your seat.

A few decades ago people would so without question

If you have a very young child, you have a responsibility to keep that child safe.   So, you do this by wearing a papoose harness, or reins, or you put it in the buggy...or you carry it.   This is the sole responsibility of the parent, nobody else.   Do you imagine that woman carried a child of that size all the way to the station?  Would she be expecting it to walk when they got off?   If you take a young child on a journey, you better be prepared to ensure it's safe and catered for.   If you look carefully at the photo of her, there is a buggy beside her.  So it seems she had one.


No you do not need what is in all intents and purposes a leash for a child. Its wrong on every level. You either carry the child, hold their hand or have them in a pushchair..
Yes I can imagine she could do as many people can do. 
Even in a leash for a child, they are not going to be steady whilst within a moving train bus.
Again you miss the whole point here.
This is not about what you would do, as the worlds mothers are not based on Horatio.
This is about whether people should give up their seats to those who need them more.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:A child of eighteen months old has only been walking for a matter of months. No they are not steady enough on their feet to stand on moving transport!!
Fucking hell. There are some hard-hearted selfish people on this thread.

I'll also add, if I was with a guy who don't give his seat up for a woman or a child or a women with a child (man with child), then I'd seriously question whether he and I had an actual future!
I like a gentleman.

I just don't like attention seekers, and I don't like people who use social media to try to "shame" people. She should have had a pushchair, or held the kid's hand or something - or planned her journey when the trains were less busy.

Perhaps she was attention-seeking. My focus isn't on that aspect, I'm far more concerned at the level of don't-give-a-shit by the general public.
It's saddening.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32221
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


There you go, just as I stated and because of this view. Then people argue against what is the right thing to do.
Give up the seat.
If people want to blame a mother for speaking out on an actual wrong, what is the world coming to. That people cannot express their day to people on social media. Which then garners more attention to a wrong. To then support why it was wrong not to give up a seat for people who need it.

The only seat she was near was the disabled seat, and she's not disabled. Another photo of her shows plenty of empty seats actually. She was just whining because she thinks she's more important than anyone else.

So only the disabled should be given seats to you then?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I just don't like attention seekers, and I don't like people who use social media to try to "shame" people. She should have had a pushchair, or held the kid's hand or something - or planned her journey when the trains were less busy.

Perhaps she was attention-seeking. My focus isn't on that aspect, I'm far more concerned at the level of don't-give-a-shit by the general public.
It's saddening.

I wonder if she'd give a shit if she had a seat and a disabled person needed to sit down. I get the impression she wouldn't. I think people are tired of giving a shit actually.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Perhaps she was attention-seeking. My focus isn't on that aspect, I'm far more concerned at the level of don't-give-a-shit by the general public.
It's saddening.

I wonder if she'd give a shit if she had a seat and a disabled person needed to sit down. I get the impression she wouldn't. I think people are tired of giving a shit actually.


You thus mean tired of caring then?

What a sad reality that people are less caring and thus clearly very selfish

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:51 pm

There seem to be a few arguments here, the breastfeeding of a child of 18 months, the fact she was taking a selfie and the fact no one gave her a seat.

The most important one to me is the ignorance of the passengers. I have to wonder about that. I've never not given my seat to someone more deserving, pensioners, children, people with children, people with crutches, people with massive bags!

Fucking hell. Shouldn't even be up for debate.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32221
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I just don't like attention seekers, and I don't like people who use social media to try to "shame" people. She should have had a pushchair, or held the kid's hand or something - or planned her journey when the trains were less busy.

Perhaps she was attention-seeking. My focus isn't on that aspect, I'm far more concerned at the level of don't-give-a-shit by the general public.
It's saddening.

I wonder if she'd give a shit if she had a seat and a disabled person needed to sit down. I get the impression she wouldn't. I think people are tired of giving a shit actually.

Clearly. How sad.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32221
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Perhaps she was attention-seeking. My focus isn't on that aspect, I'm far more concerned at the level of don't-give-a-shit by the general public.
It's saddening.

I wonder if she'd give a shit if she had a seat and a disabled person needed to sit down. I get the impression she wouldn't. I think people are tired of giving a shit actually.

That's a good point. Perhaps the disabled seats should always remain vacant for the disabled...just as with parking bays.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6883
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:53 pm

eddie wrote:There seem to be a few arguments here, the breastfeeding of a child of 18 months, the fact she was taking a selfie and the fact no one gave her a seat.

The most important one to me is the ignorance of the passengers.  I have to wonder about that. I've never not given my seat to someone more deserving, pensioners, children, people with children, people with crutches, people with massive bags!

Fucking hell. Shouldn't even be up for debate.

It doesn't say what time it was, but if it was a commuter train, people generally don't give up their seats. It's bad enough they have to travel to London to work without pandering to someone who chose to breastfeed her kid on a busy train.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I wonder if she'd give a shit if she had a seat and a disabled person needed to sit down. I get the impression she wouldn't. I think people are tired of giving a shit actually.

That's a good point.   Perhaps the disabled seats should always remain vacant for the disabled...just as with parking bays.  

Nah. What if no disabled person got on the train? Parking bays are different because they have to have a blue badge or whatever.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29349
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:There seem to be a few arguments here, the breastfeeding of a child of 18 months, the fact she was taking a selfie and the fact no one gave her a seat.

The most important one to me is the ignorance of the passengers.  I have to wonder about that. I've never not given my seat to someone more deserving, pensioners, children, people with children, people with crutches, people with massive bags!

Fucking hell. Shouldn't even be up for debate.

It doesn't say what time it was, but if it was a commuter train, people generally don't give up their seats. It's bad enough they have to travel to London to work without pandering to someone who chose to breastfeed her kid on a busy train.

Okay you keep banging on about her having a tit out but my point is, again, why didnt anyone give their seat to a woman with a small toddler?
Wouldn't you?

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32221
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum