Al Gore On Trump Presidency

Go down

Al Gore On Trump Presidency

Post by Lurker on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm

http://www.today.com/news/al-gore-trump-presidency-our-country-s-going-through-challenging-t113922

“We’ve never had a president who's deliberately made decisions, the effect of which is to tear down America’s standing in the world, starting with his withdrawal from the Paris agreement,” Gore said on TODAY. “The climate crisis is by far the most serious challenge we face, but he’s also undermined our alliances, such as NATO and hurt our standing in the world in many ways.”

Trump earlier this year withdrew the United States from the Paris international agreement on reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The move prompted widespread censure nationally and across the European Union.

Gore said when he spoke with Trump about climate change shortly after he won the November general election, “I had hoped he would come to his senses on the Paris agreement, but I was wrong.” He said he hasn't spoken with Trump since that time.

The former vice president, who won a Nobel Peace Prize for his climate change work and an Oscar for his documentary on the issue, “An Inconvenient Truth,” is now promoting "An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power." But he expressed concerns over the way Trump has handled his presidency beyond climate change.

“Our country's going through a challenging time, for sure,” he said.

Referring to the ongoing crisis the president’s administration has been battling because of its potential role in Russia’s interference with the 2016 presidential election, Gore said "the months ahead will be a test for the American people. We’ve got to get through this."

Gore expressed complete confidence in Bob Mueller, the former FBI chief who now serves as the special counsel investigating Russian interference.

“It’s great that our country has a man like him that everybody can rely on,” Gore said. “Whatever they find out, I think people will have confidence in them.”

Gore is only one of two living presidential candidates who won the popular vote but lost the presidential election because he lost the electoral college. The other person to do so in recent history was Trump’s Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

Gore said he spoke with Clinton following the election.

“I suspect she’ll be fine, but our country, as I’ve said earlier, is going to face some challenging months ahead," he said.

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Al Gore On Trump Presidency

Post by Lurker on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Gore is an articulate voice of reason, truth, intelligence, knowledge, hope and vision. Trump has no idea what any of those words mean. Trump is a two-year-old child with serious learning disabilities.

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:20 am

the benefit of trump withdrawing (since it didn't create a domino effect) is that the agreement is likely to be followed and even exceeded as one of the main reasons for the weakness of the Paris agreement was getting the USA on board.

http://time.com/4810846/china-energy-climate-change-paris-agreement/

Just a week after President Trump announced his decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement, China has already wrestled the mantle of leadership on climate change from the United States.

In a high-level meeting of energy ministers in Beijing this week, China played the convening role in bringing together countries from across the globe for a discussion on how to deploy clean energy. The meeting had been scheduled long before Trump's decision on the Paris Agreement, but the timing sent a clear message about who will lead the fight to address climate change in the coming years. During the four-day meeting, China launched a number of initiatives to advance clean energy and announced partnerships with other governments around the globe to fight climate change.

"I didn’t come to Washington, I came to Beijing," said California Governor Jerry Brown after announcing a joint clean energy effort with Chinese leadership, according to a New York Times report. "Well, someday I’m going to go to Washington, but not this week.”

even California is getting its climate leadership from Beijing now

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down