Why has Didge been banned?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :



?

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20845
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Thorin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
nicko wrote:"i'v have banned him because he has his own forum"  

Explain please.


Ben as explicitly said i am not allowed too ban devil, despite my better judgement that he is a trouble maker and little else Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes



And Thorin Listen to Jules Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
for god sake do i have to but you in time out for longer next time
You are but a poster not a missionary here to preach the 'thoughts of thorin' as gospel


Well as seen I have placed a complaint against you over the fact I broke no rules and will await Bens decision on the matter. So I suggest you await bens decision also and stop continuing to make threats at me, that have no bases other than your dislike of me.

I have done the decent thing to take it off the forum, i suggest you do the same

No it is your treating this forum like a Blog for you opinion ( i suggest if you want to pontificate like you do to start a blog of your own)
YOU are not accepting other opinions are equally allowed to be expressed. You Do not get the last word, every question is NOT directed at you and you are not the focus of everyone's debate... Feed wants to debate Quill, Jules wants to Debate Syl, not everyone wants there debates interrupted by the same poster posting the same monolithic opinion all day every day in every thread.

You previous prem-a-ban was lifted based on You promising NOT to act like you are

And how many times have you whined to ben and how many times has he okay'd my actions?
I am a moderator for PRECISELY this reason, i am wiling to be the pointy end of the moderator team
I will act as i see best for this forum and always for this forum.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Syl on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:32 pm

I don't think Thor is a deliberate trouble maker, he is passionate, and he sometimes lets his passion for a subject overwhelm him.

I would rather interact with a poster like that than one who deliberately tries to provoke by throwing in snide personal insults and lies in order to get a reaction.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16402
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Syl wrote:I don't think Thor is a deliberate trouble maker, he is passionate, and he sometimes lets his passion for a subject overwhelm him.

I would rather interact with a poster like that than one who deliberately tries to provoke by throwing in snide personal insults and lies in order to get a reaction.



Thanks Syl

I am not trying to preach any gospel either, even though nobody says religious people cannot. Where I would never deny religious people to preach their views, as i believe in free speech.

This is just some poor attempt to deny me the ability to air my views, because they do not like them.

What they should do is counter them if they think I am wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
nicko wrote:"i'v have banned him because he has his own forum"  

Explain please.


Ben as explicitly said i am not allowed too ban devil, despite my better judgement that he is a trouble maker and little else Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes




Do you mean because he does not agree with you?

That's a serious observation, by the way. For a moderator with disciplinary powers on a forum which is clearly biassed towards adversarial political debate, you might at least try to balance your overly, as well as overtly, judgemental attitude a tad.

No, because he doesn't want a forum war. I say genocide the Flappers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I have not banned tommy or nicko not matter how vibrantly we disagree, because they merely add colour to the forum not try and paint it all one colour as SOME people do.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Syl on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Thor, your views are as valid as anyone elses, I do sometimes think you should agree to disagree, even if its just for the sake of a debate not being completely taken over.

But the bottom line is we all have our likes and dislikes on a forum, and wouldn't forums be boring if there were no clashes of opinion?


Last edited by Syl on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16402
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:40 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Well as seen I have placed a complaint against you over the fact I broke no rules and will await Bens decision on the matter. So I suggest you await bens decision also and stop continuing to make threats at me, that have no bases other than your dislike of me.

I have done the decent thing to take it off the forum, i suggest you do the same

No it is your treating this forum like a Blog for you opinion ( i suggest if you want to pontificate like you do to start a blog of your own)
YOU are not accepting other opinions are equally allowed to be expressed. You Do not get the last word, every question is NOT directed at you and you are not the focus of everyone's debate... Feed wants to debate Quill, Jules wants to Debate Syl, not everyone wants there debates interrupted by the same poster posting the same monolithic opinion all day every day in every thread.

You previous prem-a-ban was lifted based on You promising NOT to act like you are

And how many times have you whined to ben and how many times has he okay'd my actions?
I am a moderator for PRECISELY this reason, i am wiling to be the pointy end of the moderator team
I will act as i see best for this forum and always for this forum.


Its not up to you yo say who I can or cannot debate. Nor can you do so with any other posters. To say i cannot is protecting them from opposing views and goes right against free speech.

Seriously I know for a fact the other mods thought you were out of order banning me

I am doing nothing nothing wrong and your admittance to say you would ban head given half the chance shows you are incapable of being impartial.

I have every faith in Ben to see my side here and why you were out of order.

You need to get over your bitter hate for people, as that is what is ruining the forum.

On that, I said i will keep this off the forum and allow Ben to decide.

I have said my peace on the matter

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Syl wrote:Your views are as valid as anyone elses, I do sometimes think you should agree to disagree, even if its just for the sake of a debate not being completely taken over.

But the bottom line is we all have our likes and dislikes on a forum, and wouldn't forums be boring if there were no clashes of opinion?


I do sometimes agree to disagree and have done so with you Syl. True when I am more passionate about something that happens less. Its something I try to work on in debate.

It seems head and I are both being targeted for our views.

The thing to point out is why has no other Mod including Ben pulled either of us up on what is being claimed by Veya?

That shows and proves this is personal from Veya

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Syl wrote:I don't think Thor is a deliberate trouble maker, he is passionate, and he sometimes lets his passion for a subject overwhelm him.

I would rather interact with a poster like that than one who deliberately tries to provoke by throwing in snide personal insults and lies in order to get a reaction.

He is not, which is why he got a 2 day ban, I could just have easily deleted his account.

But if he feels the need to flood every thread with his passion (cause it is just about every single thread) never accepting that others want to discuss a different aspect than the his tiny spectrum on which he has based his opinion on THAT becomes a major problem. If he wants a Blog he can start a blog but this is not the Thorin show. he needs to respect that he doesn't have the exclusive Right to lead the directions of discussions

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Jules wrote:The best bit is that you proved a point I once made, Thorin.  
Remember when I said you mention the left all the time and you denied it?
Yet your very first post after you're back contains a disparaging mention of  "the left" .....TWICE!


QED my friend!

QED!!!

I am truly amazed that mentioning the Left in discussions on such an overtly politically partisan forum can be regarded as being derogatory.


+1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:


Ben as explicitly said i am not allowed too ban devil, despite my better judgement that he is a trouble maker and little else Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes




Do you mean because he does not agree with you?

That's a serious observation, by the way. For a moderator with disciplinary powers on a forum which is clearly biassed towards adversarial political debate, you might at least try to balance your overly, as well as overtly, judgemental attitude a tad.


+1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Thorin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Well as seen I have placed a complaint against you over the fact I broke no rules and will await Bens decision on the matter. So I suggest you await bens decision also and stop continuing to make threats at me, that have no bases other than your dislike of me.

I have done the decent thing to take it off the forum, i suggest you do the same

No it is your treating this forum like a Blog for you opinion ( i suggest if you want to pontificate like you do to start a blog of your own)
YOU are not accepting other opinions are equally allowed to be expressed. You Do not get the last word, every question is NOT directed at you and you are not the focus of everyone's debate... Feed wants to debate Quill, Jules wants to Debate Syl, not everyone wants there debates interrupted by the same poster posting the same monolithic opinion all day every day in every thread.

You previous prem-a-ban was lifted based on You promising NOT to act like you are

And how many times have you whined to ben and how many times has he okay'd my actions?
I am a moderator for PRECISELY this reason, i am wiling to be the pointy end of the moderator team
I will act as i see best for this forum and always for this forum.


Its not up to you yo say who I can or cannot debate. Nor can you do so with any other posters. To say i cannot is protecting them from opposing views and goes right against free speech.

Seriously I know for a fact the other mods thought you were out of order banning me

I am doing nothing nothing wrong and your admittance to say you would ban head given half the chance shows you are incapable of being impartial.

I have every faith in Ben to see my side here and why you were out of order.

You need to get over your bitter hate for people, as that is what is ruining the forum.

On that, I said i will keep this off the forum and allow Ben to decide.

I have said my peace on the matter

Actually it is My role

The role of the moderators

All moderators are trusted by the site founder (Ben Reilly) to fairly enforce the rules, independent of oversight.

Members who repeatedly question the judgment of moderators may be deemed disruptive and subjected to basementing.

Members who feel they have been unfairly punished have the right to appeal their punishment to the site founder, either by e-mailing newsfixmod@gmail.com or a private message to the site founder.

Objectionable content should always be reported to one or more moderators. Moderators don't see all content at the moment it was posted. The presence of objectionable content should NOT be construed as tacit moderator approval of said content.

Moderators are in no way obliged to inform or explain to the rest of the community any member's punishment.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19184-rules-2-0-skip-at-your-own-peril

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:50 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Its not up to you yo say who I can or cannot debate. Nor can you do so with any other posters. To say i cannot is protecting them from opposing views and goes right against free speech.

Seriously I know for a fact the other mods thought you were out of order banning me

I am doing nothing nothing wrong and your admittance to say you would ban head given half the chance shows you are incapable of being impartial.

I have every faith in Ben to see my side here and why you were out of order.

You need to get over your bitter hate for people, as that is what is ruining the forum.

On that, I said i will keep this off the forum and allow Ben to decide.

I have said my peace on the matter

Actually it is My role

The role of the moderators

All moderators are trusted by the site founder (Ben Reilly) to fairly enforce the rules, independent of oversight.

Members who repeatedly question the judgment of moderators may be deemed disruptive and subjected to basementing.

Members who feel they have been unfairly punished have the right to appeal their punishment to the site founder, either by e-mailing newsfixmod@gmail.com or a private message to the site founder.

Objectionable content should always be reported to one or more moderators. Moderators don't see all content at the moment it was posted. The presence of objectionable content should NOT be construed as tacit moderator approval of said content.

Moderators are in no way obliged to inform or explain to the rest of the community any member's punishment.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19184-rules-2-0-skip-at-your-own-peril
Members who feel they have been unfairly punished have the right to appeal their punishment to the site founder, either by e-mailing newsfixmod@gmail.com or a private message to the site founder.


And if the team see that you have abused your role, maybe Ben should demote you.


Would that not be fair, as I will take Ben's decision either way on the matter.


How about you?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:51 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Do you mean because he does not agree with you?

That's a serious observation, by the way. For a moderator with disciplinary powers on a forum which is clearly biassed towards adversarial political debate, you might at least try to balance your overly, as well as overtly, judgemental attitude a tad.

No, because he doesn't want a forum war. I say genocide the Flappers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I have not banned tommy or nicko not matter how vibrantly we disagree, because they merely add colour to the forum not try and paint it all one colour as SOME people do.

I recall someone else saying that of the Jews. It wasn't funny then and it isn't funny now.

Perhaps if all those loathed "Flappers", myself included, deleted our accounts you would be more content.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 1995
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

No, because he doesn't want a forum war. I say genocide the Flappers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I have not banned tommy or nicko not matter how vibrantly we disagree, because they merely add colour to the forum not try and paint it all one colour as SOME people do.

I recall someone else saying that of the Jews. It wasn't funny then and it isn't funny now.

Perhaps if all those loathed "Flappers", myself included, deleted our accounts you would be more content.


It would be a great loss to see yourself and others leave the forum, even though we have fought.

Have a good day, as have work to do

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Of course but I have been friends with him for 13 odd years he knew me for a long time before asking me to join the moderators and I am the 3rd or 4th member of this forum Wink again Joining at his request.

2 day ban is more than fair, ben (knowing me) will realize How restrained i was in you punishment which as pointed out was to remind you that YOU ARE JUST A MEMBER not the adjudicator of the forum and not the one to give it direction.

this thread is waste of time since you have returned, no longer banned so I will lock it

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Syl on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:57 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:I don't think Thor is a deliberate trouble maker, he is passionate, and he sometimes lets his passion for a subject overwhelm him.

I would rather interact with a poster like that than one who deliberately tries to provoke by throwing in snide personal insults and lies in order to get a reaction.

He is not, which is why he got a 2 day ban, I could just have easily deleted his account.

But if he feels the need to flood every thread with his passion (cause it is just about every single thread) never accepting that others want to discuss a different aspect than the his tiny spectrum on which he has based his opinion on THAT becomes a major problem. If he wants a Blog he can start a blog but this is not the Thorin show. he needs to respect that he doesn't have the exclusive Right to lead the directions of discussions  

The thing is, if people don't want to debate with another poster they can just ignore them.

If Thor isn't being ignored it must mean people either want to debate with him or they want to encourage him to argue.

It was funny a while ago when he was confined to the basement....the basement was never busier. Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16402
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Do you mean because he does not agree with you?

That's a serious observation, by the way. For a moderator with disciplinary powers on a forum which is clearly biassed towards adversarial political debate, you might at least try to balance your overly, as well as overtly, judgemental attitude a tad.

No, because he doesn't want a forum war. I say genocide the Flappers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I have not banned tommy or nicko not matter how vibrantly we disagree, because they merely add colour to the forum not try and paint it all one colour as SOME people do.

I recall someone else saying that of the Jews. It wasn't funny then and it isn't funny now.

Perhaps if all those loathed "Flappers", myself included, deleted our accounts you would be more content.


we were happy Before too you know? we were funnier before, no one would Whine about Lurkers memes. Sure we had significantly less British news but more than enough for international debating forum we used to be.
Even when some of the old Shortnewers joined they were chased off in their welcome threads by 'brits' with their previous forum rivalries Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Syl wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:I don't think Thor is a deliberate trouble maker, he is passionate, and he sometimes lets his passion for a subject overwhelm him.

I would rather interact with a poster like that than one who deliberately tries to provoke by throwing in snide personal insults and lies in order to get a reaction.

He is not, which is why he got a 2 day ban, I could just have easily deleted his account.

But if he feels the need to flood every thread with his passion (cause it is just about every single thread) never accepting that others want to discuss a different aspect than the his tiny spectrum on which he has based his opinion on THAT becomes a major problem. If he wants a Blog he can start a blog but this is not the Thorin show. he needs to respect that he doesn't have the exclusive Right to lead the directions of discussions  

The thing is, if people don't want to debate with another poster they can just ignore them.

If Thor isn't being ignored it must mean people either want to debate with him or they want to encourage him to argue.

It was funny a while ago when he was confined to the basement....the basement was never busier. Laughing

the basement thing is testament to why he was banned and not basemented, he doesn't respect the rules even when basemented he keep posting stories rather than just taking a break (as was the intention of the basement) , and people do ignore him but he answer their every post anyway and derails and debate there was previously.

read back through many threads you see 2 other people talking and then their is a reem of posts from Thorin answer each of their posts as if they were to him.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Syl on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:15 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:

The thing is, if people don't want to debate with another poster they can just ignore them.

If Thor isn't being ignored it must mean people either want to debate with him or they want to encourage him to argue.

It was funny a while ago when he was confined to the basement....the basement was never busier. Laughing

the basement thing is testament to why he was banned and not basemented, he doesn't respect the rules even when basemented he keep posting stories rather than just taking a break (as was the intention of the basement) , and people do ignore him but he answer their every post anyway and derails and debate there was previously.

read back through many threads you see 2 other people talking and then their is a reem of posts from Thorin answer each of their posts as if they were to him.



He does do that, and where it may bother some people I don't think it bothers others.

I never mind if I am having a one to one and someone else joins in to give a different perspective, I can see that others would consider it an intrusion, but nothing is really private on a forum anyway....so unless someone barges in to cause trouble I don't see the harm.

Though when BD used to do this it really got on my nerves, but he rarely made sense anyway, so it was different.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16402
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:23 pm

who is BD? is it blacky that was Permanently banned for such?

Didge gets given plenty of rope, I wish he would learn to pull his head in on occasion and stop hanging himself with it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by nicko on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Veya, why would you want ban me? Is it because i'm English? I know you hate us, Would you please give one reason why you are always posting derogatory remarks about the British,and please don't go on about what our ancesters did, it's got fuck all to do with me, [or my Father]
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10036
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Jules on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I am truly amazed that mentioning the Left in discussions on such an overtly politically partisan forum can be regarded as being derogatory.

I pointed out to him that he mentions ''left'' a lot, in an almost compulsively repetitive, CRITICISING way. I have even seen him make a list of lefties with my name on it, which amused me    cos I don't post that much on politics, and the few times I do, it's usually about Trump, hardly about UK politics.

FM, don't EVER try to portray me as an unreasonable person, cos it won't wash. The people who know me know that I am most reasonable, in that I always consider both sides of an argument before I speak.  PLUS I think before I speak.

I might also add that I was extremely polite to him when this dialogue started, which was in another thread. I made my point to him in a tactful and diplomatic way.
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2551
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Syl on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:05 pm

veya_victaous wrote:who is BD? is it blacky that was Permanently banned for such?

Didge gets given plenty of rope, I wish he would learn to pull his head in on occasion and stop hanging himself with it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yeah, BD, Black Dahlia or Blackie.
I have known him for years on forums, he isn't here now though, as you say he was banned for spamming.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16402
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Jules on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I am truly amazed that mentioning the Left in discussions on such an overtly politically partisan forum can be regarded as being derogatory.


If you are truly the unbiased person you always insist you are,  ........then maybe you could also address the fact that when I replied to Quill's harmless JOKE about adoption Thorin went all bunny-boiler psycho on us. All hell broke loose over absolutely NOTHING.

Such an extreme OTT reaction towards two people bantering harmlessly, was a disgrace!


Last edited by Jules on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2551
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Syl wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

He is not, which is why he got a 2 day ban, I could just have easily deleted his account.

But if he feels the need to flood every thread with his passion (cause it is just about every single thread) never accepting that others want to discuss a different aspect than the his tiny spectrum on which he has based his opinion on THAT becomes a major problem. If he wants a Blog he can start a blog but this is not the Thorin show. he needs to respect that he doesn't have the exclusive Right to lead the directions of discussions  

The thing is, if people don't want to debate with another poster they can just ignore them.

If Thor isn't being ignored it must mean people either want to debate with him or they want to encourage him to argue.

It was funny a while ago when he was confined to the basement....the basement was never busier. Laughing

That is because he is inventing specific rules to me and no other posters, because again he is against my right to speak.

I know none of the other mods will approve and neither will Ben.

As I say he wont apply this rule to anyone else, so its clearly engineered to try and control me, which is comical.

As i say he is looking very silly over this and people can see that he is.

I see he is happy for people to leave so he can turn this into a yes site. with no care how others feel, which is selfish.

Well he maybe a moderator, but that does not mean he can introduce new rules specifically to poster. In they are not site rules, then I do not have to take any notice of his threats and have every confidence Ben will tell him no such rules apply

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:27 pm

Jules wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I am truly amazed that mentioning the Left in discussions on such an overtly politically partisan forum can be regarded as being derogatory.

I pointed out to him that he mentions ''left'' a lot, in an almost compulsively repetitive, CRITICISING way. I have even seen him make a list of lefties with my name on it, which amused me    cos I don't post that much on politics, and the few times I do, it's usually about Trump, hardly about UK politics.

FM, don't EVER try to portray me as an unreasonable person, cos it won't wash. The people who know me know that I am most reasonable, in that I always consider both sides of an argument before I speak.  PLUS I think before I speak.

I might also add that I was extremely polite to him when this dialogue started, which was in another thread. I made my point to him in a tactful and diplomatic way.

Clearly not, as you lied Jules on this very thread.

Would you like some soap? Smile

No you lied and still have not admitted that you did.

You then later made out other things I had not said.

Have you been to surgery yet to remove that chip Jules?

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Syl wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

the basement thing is testament to why he was banned and not basemented, he doesn't respect the rules even when basemented he keep posting stories rather than just taking a break (as was the intention of the basement) , and people do ignore him but he answer their every post anyway and derails and debate there was previously.

read back through many threads you see 2 other people talking and then their is a reem of posts from Thorin answer each of their posts as if they were to him.



He does do that, and where it may bother some people I don't think it bothers others.

I never mind if I am having a one to one and someone else joins in to give a different perspective, I can see that others would consider it an intrusion, but nothing is really private on a forum anyway....so unless someone barges in to cause trouble I don't see the harm.

Though when BD used to do this it really got on my nerves, but he rarely made sense anyway, so it was different.

What is the point of a debate, if others cannot join in with their views?

Everybody does this including Veya, so he is showing the worst hypocrisy and thus should moderate himself.

I mean come on Syl, this is ridiculous

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Jules on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:28 pm

You have horrible bunny boiler tendencies Thorin. I tread on eggshells around you, because of it. People make a lot of allowances for you. Plus you get really angry and abusively bitchy towards people like me who refuse point blank to indulge your desire to argue everything to the death.

_________________
life can only be understood backwards
but it must be lived forwards → →
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2551
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Jules wrote:You have horrible bunny boiler tendencies Thorin. I tread on eggshells around you, because of it. People make a lot of allowances for you. Plus you get really angry and abusively bitchy towards people like me who refuse point blank to indulge your desire to argue everything to the death.

Bunny boiler, so degrading to other women now we can add to the list of your many faults

I am not angry and nor annoyed, I am simple pulling you up for lying and the point is, you simply cannot take criticism. I never reacted to your views on my passions, did I, yet you react when i pull you up on a false claim you made, which you then even worse tried to backtrack on.

At least I admit my faults

So go and have a sulk for all i care, all can see you did lie and even worse acted immature on another thread where I simply gave a point of view

Take some advice, learn to have broad shoulders and grow up

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:47 pm

Syl wrote:I don't think Thor is a deliberate trouble maker, he is passionate, and he sometimes lets his passion for a subject overwhelm him.

I would rather interact with a poster like that than one who deliberately tries to provoke by throwing in snide personal insults and lies in order to get a reaction.

He definitely can't help himself that's for sure.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8066
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Jules wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I am truly amazed that mentioning the Left in discussions on such an overtly politically partisan forum can be regarded as being derogatory.


If you are truly the unbiased person you always insist you are,  ........then maybe you could also address the fact that when I replied to Quill's harmless JOKE about adoption Thorin went all bunny-boiler psycho on us. All hell broke loose over absolutely NOTHING.

Such an extreme OTT reaction towards two people bantering harmlessly, was a disgrace!

So pulling someone up for something you decide is banter, though if said about others, would have caused also people to speak out. Makes you think that its psycho and now some poor stereotype of women.

My you really are showing your true colours Jules dred

Words are harmless at the end of the day, so why are you over reacting to being pulled up?

The point being made was on double standards by regressives like you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Jules on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:50 pm

You get abusively petulant when someone refuses to play ball with you. In my time on forums I have learned how to navigate my way past people with horrible OCD issues.

Be assured that where YOU are concerned, I will be applying those well honed skills, in future. Wink

_________________
life can only be understood backwards
but it must be lived forwards → →
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2551
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Jules wrote:You get abusively petulant when someone refuses to play ball with you. In my time on forums I have learned how to  navigate my way past people with  horrible OCD  issues.

Be assured that where YOU are concerned, I will be applying those well honed skills, in future.   Wink

So again you see, you cannot take advise or criticism, after asking me to listen to you.

Hilarious double standard.

So you also now charge people with mental health problems like OCD

You really have a poor outlook on people, when they show you up Laughing

Do as you please Jules dred, you clearly have the mentality of a two year old toddler, who things his nose has just been stolen

Now if you cannot take criticism, then don;t give it out

Hopefully, you will learn from that

Have a lovely day grumpy Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:02 pm

Jules wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I am truly amazed that mentioning the Left in discussions on such an overtly politically partisan forum can be regarded as being derogatory.

I pointed out to him that he mentions ''left'' a lot, in an almost compulsively repetitive, CRITICISING way. I have even seen him make a list of lefties with my name on it, which amused me    cos I don't post that much on politics, and the few times I do, it's usually about Trump, hardly about UK politics.

FM, don't EVER try to portray me as an unreasonable person, cos it won't wash. The people who know me know that I am most reasonable, in that I always consider both sides of an argument before I speak.  PLUS I think before I speak.

I might also add that I was extremely polite to him when this dialogue started, which was in another thread. I made my point to him in a tactful and diplomatic way.

Eh?
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 1995
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Jules wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I am truly amazed that mentioning the Left in discussions on such an overtly politically partisan forum can be regarded as being derogatory.


If you are truly the unbiased person you always insist you are,  ........then maybe you could also address the fact that when I replied to Quill's harmless JOKE about adoption Thorin went all bunny-boiler psycho on us. All hell broke loose over absolutely NOTHING.

Such an extreme OTT reaction towards two people bantering harmlessly, was a disgrace!

Wouldn't that point best be addressed to Thorin? I'm not his keeper; in fact I don't see any of his posts out of choice.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 1995
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Original Quill on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Jules wrote:


If you are truly the unbiased person you always insist you are,  ........then maybe you could also address the fact that when I replied to Quill's harmless JOKE about adoption Thorin went all bunny-boiler psycho on us. All hell broke loose over absolutely NOTHING.

Such an extreme OTT reaction towards two people bantering harmlessly, was a disgrace!

Wouldn't that point best be addressed to Thorin? I'm not his keeper; in fact I don't see any of his posts out of choice.

I believe it was, hence the subject of this thread.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25014
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Wouldn't that point best be addressed to Thorin? I'm not his keeper; in fact I don't see any of his posts out of choice.

I believe it was, hence the subject of this thread.

That is not the subject of the thread.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Wouldn't that point best be addressed to Thorin? I'm not his keeper; in fact I don't see any of his posts out of choice.

I believe it was, hence the subject of this thread.

Also apparently its against the rules to join people in conversation now with your own views Quill lol Even though none are written.


Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Syl on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I believe it was, hence the subject of this thread.

Also apparently its against the rules to join people in conversation now with your own views Quill lol Even though none are written.


Laughing

I don't think that was meant Thor....it may have been the clumsy way I rephrased it. What a Face

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16402
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Also apparently its against the rules to join people in conversation now with your own views Quill lol Even though none are written.


Laughing

I don't think that was meant Thor....it may have been the clumsy way I rephrased it. What a Face


Not you Syl, that is what veya is saying i cannot do. I was being sarcastic to Quill on this, that only I have been singled out to say I cannot join a debate where two people have been debating.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:44 am

nicko wrote:Veya, why would you want ban me?   Is it because i'm English?   I know you hate us, Would you please give one reason why you are always posting derogatory remarks about the British,and please don't go on about what our ancesters did, it's got fuck all to do with me,  [or my Father]


I don't want to ban you
but if I was banning people that disagreed with me then well you'd obviously be gone Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And because you insult non-brits all the time. so I give it back to you Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:50 am

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Also apparently its against the rules to join people in conversation now with your own views Quill lol Even though none are written.


Laughing

I don't think that was meant Thor....it may have been the clumsy way I rephrased it. What a Face


Not you Syl, that is what veya is saying i cannot do. I was being sarcastic to Quill on this, that only I have been singled out to say I cannot join a debate where two people have been debating.

there is a difference between adding a post to a debate, and responding to every post in a debate Wink

when you come in a post 6 in a row going through all the previous posts it completely destroys the flow of a thread.
you can post your view without trying to suffocate everyone else's views


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by nicko on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 am

"I insult none Brits all the time" pathetic reply from someone who can't think of a valid answer !!!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10036
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:08 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Not you Syl, that is what veya is saying i cannot do. I was being sarcastic to Quill on this, that only I have been singled out to say I cannot join a debate where two people have been debating.

there is a difference between adding a post to a debate, and responding to every post in a debate Wink

when you come in a post 6 in a row going through all the previous posts it completely destroys the flow of a thread.
you can post your view without trying to suffocate everyone else's views


What a load of gibberish, all can see are just inventing rules to single out me. You can moderate off the rules, not invent new ones and why you have to confer with Ben and the others on having new rules.

I will post my views without you trying to  censer me because you simple cannot counter them.

That is the issue here, so what i suggest you do, is get better at debating. Its not my fault you are not up to the task

So let me put this to you straight.

I am not here to preach a gospel

I am not here to stifle views, people either engage me or they don't and have received no complaints on this from posters or other mods. Its impossible to stifle any views, unless you censer them or ban them as you constantly do.

So unless Ben backs your new proposed rules and you apply them evenly. Otherwise then its clear you are just singling me out, because I constantly show up your poor counters.

People jump into debates all the time, including yourself

Simple learn to debate better.

You might surprise yourself

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:09 am

nicko wrote:"I insult none Brits all the time"  pathetic reply from someone who can't think of a valid answer !!!


yep you do at least I am aware enough to realize I insult you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

what did you post in the thread abut the German that dragged his wife? insulted a billion odd people cause of a few Suspect Suspect

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:11 am

veya_victaous wrote:
nicko wrote:"I insult none Brits all the time"  pathetic reply from someone who can't think of a valid answer !!!


yep you do at least I am aware enough to realize I insult you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

what did you post in the thread abut the German that dragged his wife? insulted a billion odd people cause of a few Suspect Suspect


How did he insult a billion people?

Seriously I do wonder at the workings of your mind, because it seems you are the only one that comes up with this absurd claims

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:12 am

Thorin wrote:
Jules wrote:You have horrible bunny boiler tendencies Thorin. I tread on eggshells around you, because of it. People make a lot of allowances for you. Plus you get really angry and abusively bitchy towards people like me who refuse point blank to indulge your desire to argue everything to the death.

Bunny boiler, so degrading to other women now we can add to the list of your many faults

I am not angry and nor annoyed, I am simple pulling you up for lying and the point is, you simply cannot take criticism. I never reacted to your views on my passions, did I, yet you react when i pull you up on a false claim you made, which you then even worse tried to backtrack on.

At least I admit my faults

So go and have a sulk for all i care, all can see you did lie and even worse acted immature on another thread where I simply gave a point of view

Take some advice, learn to have broad shoulders and grow up

You did in this thread. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Grow up, stop insulting people that call out your bullshit. accept that many people do not agree with your 'logic' at all.


and stop boiling bunnies that is lord fouls thing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:16 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Bunny boiler, so degrading to other women now we can add to the list of your many faults

I am not angry and nor annoyed, I am simple pulling you up for lying and the point is, you simply cannot take criticism. I never reacted to your views on my passions, did I, yet you react when i pull you up on a false claim you made, which you then even worse tried to backtrack on.

At least I admit my faults

So go and have a sulk for all i care, all can see you did lie and even worse acted immature on another thread where I simply gave a point of view

Take some advice, learn to have broad shoulders and grow up

You did in this thread. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Grow up, stop insulting people that call out your bullshit. accept that many people do not agree with your 'logic' at all.


and stop boiling bunnies that is lord fouls thing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


Stop insulting people?

When you practice what you preach on that, then I am sure people will  listen to you.

I was not abusive on this thread.

I exposed posters for double standards

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Jules on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Thorin wrote:
Bunny boiler, so degrading to other women now we can add to the list of your many faults

I am not angry and nor annoyed, I am simple pulling you up for lying and the point is, you simply cannot take criticism. I never reacted to your views on my passions, did I, yet you react when i pull you up on a false claim you made, which you then even worse tried to backtrack on.

At least I admit my faults

So go and have a  sulk for all i care, all can see you did lie and even worse acted immature on another thread where I simply gave a point of view

Take some advice, learn to have broad shoulders and grow up




SULK???? Shocked


   


 


   
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2551
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Jules on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Thank you Thorin, I needed a damn good laugh!
Over & out!

_________________
life can only be understood backwards
but it must be lived forwards → →
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2551
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Didge been banned?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum