Bride Asks 92-Year-Old WWII Veteran To Be Her 'Something Blue'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bride Asks 92-Year-Old WWII Veteran To Be Her 'Something Blue'

Post by Guest on Sat 27 May - 20:34

Bride Alison Ferrell had a very special "something blue" at her wedding — her 92-year-old uncle!
Bill Lee Eblen, a WWII and Korean War veteran, came down the aisle carrying a sign that read, "I'm her something blue."

IMAGECLAIRITY

"It meant everything to me that he was there as my something blue," Ferrell told PEOPLE. "I come from a family where we have great respect and admiration for those in the armed services, so having him there in his blues was perfect."
"It was so special to me!" said Eblen.

"I knew I wanted to honor him in a special way," Ferrell explained. "We are a large, close-knit family and he has always been at every special moment in my life. So of course my wedding was no different."
"It made me happy to see him happy."

IMAGECLAIRITY

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/2230/Bride-Asks-92-Year-Old-WWII-Veteran-To-Be-Her-Something-Blue-#bWJskLoTBIWJ4po1.99

Back to top Go down

Re: Bride Asks 92-Year-Old WWII Veteran To Be Her 'Something Blue'

Post by eddie on Sun 28 May - 11:06

Ah what a lovely honour for both him and the bride. Bet he was really chuffed. Look at his lovely smile!

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun 28 May - 17:22

Very pretty bride...and she looks like her handsome uncle, no? Same symmetrical face, strong jaw line and pleasing smile.

Also, desert boots were always a favorite of mine.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun 28 May - 19:40

When my son returned from AFGHAN, he brought home 3 pairs of Desert Boots, [American ones} the British ones were crap. He burnt them in our garden with due ceremony. Don't think he killed any Babies, but he did take a Bullet in his leg and lost 1 mate dead !
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon 29 May - 5:39

nicko wrote:When my son returned from AFGHAN, he brought home 3 pairs of Desert Boots, [American ones} the British ones were crap.  He burnt them in our garden with due ceremony.  Don't think he killed any Babies, but he did take a Bullet in his leg and lost 1 mate dead !

The best are made by Clark's shoes. I've worn them all my life. They are as American as Levis, and go with them pretty well.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum