Alcohol vs Marijuana

Post by Lurker on Fri May 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Last edited by Lurker on Thu May 11, 2017 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alcohol vs Marijuana

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri May 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Not entirely beneficent though. It can induce paranoia with unstable people.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jul/16/cannabis-paranoia-psychoactive-thc-mood

HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 pm

I think these people have that in them anyway so should stay away from all intoxicating substances.

Having said that, I have met and known thousands of weed smokers and never have I met one who has said that it induced paranoia and never have I heard a tale of someone who has.

But sticking to the OP....it's certainly true.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Mon May 08, 2017 11:00 pm

dont drink and drive...smoke a spliff and fly

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue May 09, 2017 6:26 am

+1 Laughing
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue May 09, 2017 10:07 am

eddie wrote:I think these people have that in them anyway so should stay away from all intoxicating substances.

Having said that, I have met and known thousands of weed smokers and never have I met one who has said that it induced paranoia and never have I heard a tale of someone who has.

But sticking to the OP....it's certainly true.

Any drug will exacerbate mental illness or instability.    What weed does is give you terminal lethargy if you hammer it.    I've known a few friends like this and a close family member who would be caned morning noon and night and did nothing with their lives for years until they kicked the habit.   It's one thing using it to chill out and another letting it ride you like a bitch.

HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue May 09, 2017 10:48 am

Twenty years ago my Daughter had a boyfriend who introduced her to weed, from that she graduated to Heroin. She lived miles from me so I knew nothing about it until a Family member told me. I drove 109 miles to her House, pulled her boyfriend out of the house, severely "chastised" him and brought her home together with my Grandson.With the help of my Doctor, after 12 months she was clean.Lots more to the story but that's enough now.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue May 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Lurker wrote:
Rolling Eyes

The "deaths" due to weed, and the "symptoms" listed there,  are both pure and utter bullshit...

Only a dope-addled fool would want to believe the lies in that propaganda..      

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue May 09, 2017 6:16 pm

nicko wrote: Twenty years ago my Daughter had a boyfriend who introduced her to weed,  from that she graduated to Heroin. She lived miles from me so I knew nothing about it until a Family member told me.  I drove 109 miles to her House, pulled her boyfriend out of the house, severely "chastised" him and brought her home together with my Grandson.With the help of my Doctor, after 12 months she was clean.Lots more to the story but that's enough now.

Wow that's quite a story. Glad she is now healthy and well.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top