The Queen’s Staff Called To Buckingham Palace For ‘Emergency Meeting’

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Queen’s Staff Called To Buckingham Palace For ‘Emergency Meeting’

Post by Guest on Thu May 04, 2017 7:55 am

The Queen’s entire household has reportedly been called to Buckingham Palace in a “highly unusual” move, prompting a frenzy of media activity outside the Royal residence. Senior royal officer Lord Chamberlain, the Queen’s private secretary Sir Christopher Geidt, is said to be making an announcement at 8AM, the Daily Mail reports. There is intense speculation as to what the meeting is about and a huge media presence has already assembled at the palace.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/queen-buckingham-palace_uk_590ac644e4b0bb2d08753264?ou&utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen’s Staff Called To Buckingham Palace For ‘Emergency Meeting’

Post by Angry Andy on Thu May 04, 2017 10:11 am

Prince Phillip is retiring from public duty. 95 years old. He deserves a decent retirement. The boy done good.

Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Thu May 04, 2017 1:33 pm

What an anti climax
on the other hand thank god Charles still isn't king
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Thu May 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Prince Phillip is retiring from public duty. 95 years old. He deserves a decent retirement. The boy done good.
at least we agree on something

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Thu May 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Thought he may have died so I m glad that's not the case. Anyway the family would've been called before anyone else's.

Enjoy your rest Phil, you deserve it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Thu May 04, 2017 9:36 pm

The palace suddenly called a meeting - what were people supposed to think??? Everyone feared the worst. Journalists quickly gathered outside the palace. One newspaper even briefly had the news of his 'death' before realising their error and having to hastily take it down - but by that time the fake news had spread around the globe like wildfire. Oooops!  Embarassed  Embarassed
Jules

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm

A recap of the story so far:

Once upon a time, over two centuries ago a jobless, penniless immigrant who could hardly speak the lingo arrived in Britain to wed his cousin in an arranged marriage.  Idea They were given massive taxpayer-funded council houses and set about breeding enthusiastically. This couple was Prince Albert and Queen Victoria.

The current day Phil & Liz story isn't that much different from their common ancestors' Bertie  & Vic. Phil was born in Greece and smuggled out of there as a war refugee, narrowly escaping death. His desperate  family took refuge in France for some years, just like the refugees in Calais, then they came to Britain.  Shocked

--------------------------------
Prince Philip  has been a devoted and loving partner to the queen throughout their wonderful marriage and he played his role as monarch's consort with great aplomb.  Have a pleasant retirement, Phil.  cheers
Jules

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top