Portuguese detective who led the search for Madeleine McCann vows to 'clean out' her parents as he sues them for damaging his reputation

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portuguese detective who led the search for Madeleine McCann vows to 'clean out' her parents as he sues them for damaging his reputation

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Portuguese detective who led the search for Madeleine McCann has promised to 'clean out' her grief-stricken parents by suing them for damaging his reputation.
Goncalo Amaral, 57, claimed in a book that Madeleine died at the McCann's holiday house in Praia da Luz and Kate and Gerry covered it up.
The McCanns won a libel case against Amaral in 2015, but this was overturned on appeal and that decision upheld in another court.
This means Amaral is now able to sue the McCanns for damages potentially totalling tens of thousands of pounds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4415928/Detective-led-Madeleine-McCann-search-sue-parents.html
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese detective who led the search for Madeleine McCann vows to 'clean out' her parents as he sues them for damaging his reputation

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:05 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:

She stated that it 'was covered in sunscreen'  so she washed it - the day after?
Yeah, I'd be doing that after my daughter was "taken by them" Rolling Eyes

No parent would.    We know that because we're parents.

And the sniffer dog still detected death on it...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Portuguese detective who led the search for Madeleine McCann vows to 'clean out' her parents as he sues them for damaging his reputation

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

No parent would.    We know that because we're parents.

And the sniffer dog still detected death on it...

Dogs have more than 220 million olfactory receptors in their nose, whereas humans only have 20 million. These dogs have succeeded time and again with locating bodies. Sure they make mistakes, but not very often.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-csi-death-dogs-sniffing-out-the-truth-behind-the-crime-scene-canines-835047.html
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 pm

As a matter of interest there are dogs trained that can smell bodies under 20ft of water. Saw this demonstrated on TV some years ago.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:13 pm

What about the dogs smelling death on Kate's clothes. She said she had seen patients who died before going on holiday. What she never washed her clothes? So how often do GP's visit dead people. Unless they die at home, so did she pick their bodies up? Her statement was rubbish.

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
magica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Didge you're totally waffling. She washed her "missing" daughters toy - the one she slept with from birth, the last thing she touched - and you're waffling on about probability and maths.

We all know it's an odd thing to do. If you don't think so then...not much more to discuss really.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:33 pm

I just think that if they had done something to her, they wouldn't be drawing all this attention to themselves. Wouldn't the younger children have woken up if Maddie had died there and there had been a clean up?

If they didn't do anything, and some bloke writes a book pointing the finger at them, of course they're going to object. He tried to ruin their reputation.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I just think that if they had done something to her, they wouldn't be drawing all this attention to themselves. Wouldn't the younger children have woken up if Maddie had died there and there had been a clean up?

If they didn't do anything, and some bloke writes a book pointing the finger at them, of course they're going to object. He tried to ruin their reputation.

One of the causes for concern was the very fact that the twins never woke up - during the "abduction" nor the police and many people going in and out afterwards.

There is something about all that in the PJ Files.

TBH I am not getting dragged back into this debate. It caused me no end of trouble. I had my email account hacked and a whole internet "plot" brought against me (ask miffs and harvesmom). It went on for months and I got threatening emails telling me to stop talking about it. All very weird at the time.
There was a whole bunch of people around at the time saying they worked for the mccanns and were sent to shut down debate. I'm telling you, in all my years on forums and in debates - I have never ever seen the level of weirdness and ugliness that I have seen surrounding this case.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I just think that if they had done something to her, they wouldn't be drawing all this attention to themselves. Wouldn't the younger children have woken up if Maddie had died there and there had been a clean up?

He did not! He was not some bloke, he was the lead investigator. Don't forget either, the cop from London who said he had arrested people on less evidence than they had against the McCanns.

The McCanns ruined their own reputation by lying and refusing to cooperate with an investigation
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:43 pm

eddie wrote:

One of the causes for concern was the very fact that the twins never woke up - during the "abduction" nor the police and many people going in and out afterwards.

TBH I am not getting dragged back into this debate. It caused me no end of trouble. I had my email account hacked and a whole internet "plot" brought against me (ask miffs and harvesmom). It went on for months and I got threatening emails telling me to stop talking about it.  All very weird at the time.
There was a whole bunch of people around at the time saying they worked for the mccanns and were sent to shut down debate.  I'm telling you, in all my years on forums and in debates - I have never ever seen the level of weirdness and ugliness that I have seen surrounding this case.

And still, to this day, you can hear, from a distant corner of Blackpool, the plaintive cry of "Madeleine, the little girl left to cry in the dark."
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Miffs2 wrote:

He did not! He was not some bloke, he was the lead investigator. Don't forget either, the cop from London who said he had arrested people on less evidence than they had against the McCanns.

The McCanns ruined their own reputation by lying and refusing to cooperate with an investigation

He was removed from the case was he not? If he accused them of covering up their daughter's death, and they didn't do that, why should they just shrug it off?

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
eddie wrote:

TBH I am not getting dragged back into this debate. It caused me no end of trouble. I had my email account hacked and a whole internet "plot" brought against me (ask miffs and harvesmom). It went on for months and I got threatening emails telling me to stop talking about it.  All very weird at the time.
There was a whole bunch of people around at the time saying they worked for the mccanns and were sent to shut down debate.  I'm telling you, in all my years on forums and in debates - I have never ever seen the level of weirdness and ugliness that I have seen surrounding this case.

And still, to this day, you can hear, from a distant corner of Blackpool, the plaintive cry of "Madeleine, the little girl left to cry in the dark."

Ah Jueh, yes I remember her.

Whole thing surrounding this case and the whole shitfest that went on. Very strange.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 pm

That's another odd thing. Witnesses said Madeleine cried for over an hour one night when left alone. Why didn't that wake up the twins? She had sleep problems apparently, that child. Would you leave a child you knew had problems sleeping alone with two very young toddlers?
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

That's another odd thing.    Witnesses said Madeleine cried for over an hour one night when left alone.  Why didn't that wake up the twins?   She had sleep problems apparently, that child.   Would you leave a child you knew had problems sleeping alone with two very young toddlers?  

No, but they did, and that's something they have to live with. It doesn't mean they did anything to her.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

He was removed from the case was he not? If he accused them of covering up their daughter's death, and they didn't do that, why should they just shrug it off?

I dunno Rags, I just know if it was my child missing I would do whatever the police told me to do. I wouldn't set about trying to misdirect the investigation, I wouldn't whine about the speed of a car when being taken to a possible sighting of my daughter, I wouldn't be laughing my head off on Mother's Day, I wouldn't enter into a conspiracy of silence with my mates and I wouldn't have behaved like a bloody diva worrying about people being meeeen because they are jealous.
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

That's another odd thing.    Witnesses said Madeleine cried for over an hour one night when left alone.  Why didn't that wake up the twins?   She had sleep problems apparently, that child.   Would you leave a child you knew had problems sleeping alone with two very young toddlers?  

No, but they did, and that's something they have to live with. It doesn't mean they did anything to her.

One of the most disturbing things was that awful testimony from the woman who caught Gerry McCann and that other guy making sexually suggestive gestures regarding Madeleine.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:07 pm

There was a similar case concerning one of the detectives on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case. Steve Thomas wrote a book about it and pointed the finger at the Ramseys. The Ramseys sued him, and it was settled out of court when he paid them an undisclosed sum.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:14 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

One of the most disturbing things was that awful testimony from the woman who caught Gerry McCann and that other guy making sexually suggestive gestures regarding Madeleine.  

The Gaspar statements, two doctors. Available online in full.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:43 pm

And the Irish bloke who said he saw a man hurrying along with a small limp child around the time... and he swears it was gerry mccann...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And the Irish bloke who said he saw a man hurrying along with a small limp child around the time... and he swears it was gerry mccann...

The Smith family, the photo fit sure looked like Gerry McCann, certainly more believable than egg man.
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Who needs detectives of the calibre of Sherlock Holmes when you have a genius sleuth that knows all about the investigation, more than Scotland Yard even.
I would rather trust British detectives to uncover the truth.
That said, I would rather trust Kim Jong-un than Tommy.

Last edited by Angry Andy on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Angry Andy

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:01 pm

There have been many "sightings" and "photofits" - more than most cases you read about.
Makes you wonder.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Who needs detectives of the calibre of Sherlock Holmes when you have a genius sleuth that knows all about the investigation, more than Scotland Yard even.
I would rather trust British detectives to uncover the truth.
That said, I would rather trust Kim Jong-un than Tommy.

The British police who were sent over to 'help/assist' during the investigation, and having investigated and viewed all the evidence, were all working under the same primary line of enquiry that the girl wasn't abducted by any unknown 3rd party... but that the girl had died in the apartment some time before it was announced that she was 'missing', and that the mccanns were involved in covering it up!!!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Thorin wrote:
magica wrote:What about the dogs smelling death on Kate's clothes. She said she had seen patients who died before going on holiday. What she never washed her clothes? So how often do GP's visit dead people. Unless they die at home, so did she pick their bodies up? Her statement was rubbish.

Where is the proof the dog was smelling death?

The fact that the dog was trained to alert to the smell of death... and that the mccanns didn't deny the dogs findings, but instead gave an excuse that kate had been in contact with a dead person some time before they went on holiday...!!!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:47 pm

The dog was highly trained... even having been trained in usa with the FBI at their training location using real dead human remains!!!

The dog was giving positive signals of death throughout the various locations of mccann sniff investigations... clearly displaying that it had positively identified a strong scent of death at all places... the dog was then encouraged to indicate the areas where the smell was strongest!!!

The dog was overwhelmed with smell of death in the apartment... and also gave positive indications on the mccanns hire car that they only hired 2-3 weeks after girls disappearance... the dog also gave positive indications on the cuddle cat toy and other clothes weeks after disappearance and that had all been thoroughly washed...

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 am

The dog was giving the clear indications of having detected what it was trained to detect... and in the way that was recognisable to the handler...!

If you've ever had a dog... you will know full well that it displays very distinctive behaviours under a variety of different specific circumstances...

The handler knows the dog extremely well.. and will have indepth observational knowledge of how the dog behaves in the vast majority of normal circumstances... and will also be very well aware of the displayed behaviour of dog when it is recognising something that it is trained to detect!!!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:41 am

Seem like a nice chap not only do the McCanne's lose a daughter their other two children will be living in poverty once the parasite finishes his evil deed against them .
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

The dog was giving the clear indications of having detected what it was trained to detect... and in the way that was recognisable to the handler...!

B
If you've ever had a dog... you will know full well that it displays very distinctive behaviours under a variety of different specific circumstances...

The handler knows the dog extremely well..  and will have indepth observational knowledge of how the dog behaves in the vast majority of normal circumstances... and will also be very well aware of the displayed behaviour of dog when it is recognising something that it is trained to detect!!!

Exactly, one was trained to cadaver the other to human blood. Anyway, even the McCanns accepted the dog detected cadaver.
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:03 am

Really?! Goodness me, I wonder why the McCanns tried to explain away cadaver then?
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:12 am

If the dog was trained by Portuguese dog handling trainers, bloody sure it would be crap at what is does. 
The police botched the investigstion big time from the second they walked into the apartment. After that, the investigation descended into a fiasco.

Angry Andy

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:35 am

The childminder said Gerry was distraught, so distraught that the next day he was playing tennis!

Then we come to Kate's remark 'They've taken her' who is they.

magica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:41 am

I am with Thorin on this. Whilst it cannot be said without absolute certainty that the McCanns weren't involved in Maddie's disappearance, it begs the question why you would not only dedicate the next 10 years of your lives exclusively to seach for the girl, but to continue to fundraise for the sole purpose of continuing the search. This would make no sense if they knew she wasn't alive.
I suspect those doubters on here with their daft conspiracy theories will crawl back under their rocks and go into denial mode lest a pretty, blond doe eyed 13 year old who has faint and distant memories of being called Maddie is discovered.

Angry Andy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The dog was highly trained... even having been trained in usa with the FBI at their training location using real dead human remains!!!

The dog was giving positive signals of death throughout the various locations of mccann sniff investigations... clearly displaying that it had positively identified a strong scent of death at all places... the dog was then encouraged to indicate the areas where the smell was strongest!!!

The dog was overwhelmed with smell of death in the apartment... and also gave positive indications on the mccanns hire car that they only hired 2-3 weeks after girls disappearance... the dog also gave positive indications on the cuddle cat toy and other clothes weeks after disappearance and that had all been thoroughly washed...

And didn't kate say this first...?

"We let her down"

Medical jargon for someone dying...

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Thorin wrote:
magica wrote:The childminder said Gerry was distraught, so distraught  that the next day he was playing tennis!

Then we come to Kate's remark 'They've taken her' who is they.

Again you show no understanding of being in shock.

Does playing tennis means he was not distraught? Just trying to do something normal, where you focus on a game, can help combat the shock of dealing with such a traumatic situation

You see its assumption you and others make not even understanding how or what you would do when  facing said situation. You then believe something is wrong. You see you don't use evidence but assumptions in your views here 

Having said that, how do we even know that he did play tennis?

This claim comes from one waiter of which there is no corroborating sources

See how again you are selective in what you read and believe?

Then to Kate's remark, is simple a remark you wish to read into.
Its clear she believes someone has taken her.

I'm sure if my child went missing, I would be out scouring the area not playing tennis.

The night before she went missing, Maddie was crying and told her mum she called for her but she didn't come. She also mentioned someone in her room. So the next night they did the same thing and left them alone, as you do.

magica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Have to agree with Magica on this.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top