Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lots of people who look after their property are troubled by neighbours kids who have no respect for anything it seems.
Is there anything more annoying than other peoples kids or pets damaging your garden when you have spent time and money making it look nice?
No doubt some will say she is a miserable old bugger....I say good for her, and if the mother of the boys cant control them and teach them some manners, the woman should ring the police and accuse her of failing to stop her brats doing criminal damage.


http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gran-given-police-warning-keeping-10224009

"A gran says she was visited by police after keeping footballs kicked into her garden by her neighbour's kids.
Penny Freeman, who spent thousands of pounds on her garden, was stunned when cops arrived at her Bridlington home.
The 73-year-old says two officers warned her she could be accused of theft if she failed to return the balls from next door.
However, she claims the children hadn't come over to ask for their balls back, nor had they apologised, the Hull Daily Mail reports.
“It seems you don't need to ask for your balls back, you just call the police," she said. "Everyone I have told this to says, 'you are kidding'."


_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:38 am

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

She didn't steal them, they were kicked over the fence into her garden.

She withheld them, then.  If I rob $100,000 from a bank, can I defend by pleading, the bank didn't ask for it back?

She knew she had them, she knew who they belonged to, and she made no effort to return them,   That's larceny.

You're comparing a lost football to a bank robbery?
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 5968
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:20 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
magica wrote:Why should she move into a home because she has problems with neighbours kicking balls into her garden, makes no sense.

You seem very anti towards elderly people.  So in your mind, you get old so should move out your home into care homes, or better still die, then problem solved. I don't get your take on this at all.

Yep, I'd move to retirement village, it's the only sensible thing to do if you are no longer working and by yourself. If I where too sick I'd choose to be euthanized (let alone such things may be compulsory in 40 years due to lack of recourses left)

Children Kicking balls over a Fence IS NOT SOMETHING that you should have a problem with, if you're not selfish and anti social. It is part of life, she has lived the noisy part of her life and now want peace nd quiet, so she should move away from the noisy parts of the community into a nice quiet retirement home. Again it's only sensible Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

There is a good saying/joke:
Why are there so many more women in retirement homes??? Cause most men a smart enough to die  Razz  Razz  Razz

I Will ask again WHY do all the ENGLISH has such negative connotations of living in a old folks Home what terrible thing have you made them? ( I am going to keep it up until someone explains why you all fear them  Cool  Cool  )


OK, I will presume you are being serious and not just winding people up so I will answer.

I have a fair amount of experience in seeing people in care and nursing homes...and I imagine a LOT more than you do.
I have no idea what the care facilities are like in your country, in the UK they can vary. I looked at more than a dozen before we chose (with her blessing) the right one for my own mum, some I would not have put a dog in.

Not everyone can pick and choose....my MIL was in hospital for months (no doubt you would accuse her of bed blocking because she refused to die)  before a place could be found in ANY nursing home.
She is almost 103, blind, deaf and unable to walk, yet her zest for life is still so strong she can keep people amused for hours with her memories and stories of a life not many have known....she will die when she is ready and not before. Wink

Many elderly people have bought and paid for the home they still live in, its where all their cherished memories are and its where they want to live, who are you to say they should give up that right?
In the OP its not the elderly lady at fault, its her neighbour. If someone was repeatedly ruining something you had paid for and cared for (in this case the ladies garden) you would probably (judging by the way you act on here) moan louder than anyone.  Twisted Evil

Lastly...what makes you think people in the later part of their lives are useless? I know many elderly people (one myself) who have a brilliant life, kids off our hands, pleasing ourselves, fit and able to do what we want when we want. We know it wont last forever so we appreciate life and make the most of it....and we love it.  I love you

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Syl wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Yep, I'd move to retirement village, it's the only sensible thing to do if you are no longer working and by yourself. If I where too sick I'd choose to be euthanized (let alone such things may be compulsory in 40 years due to lack of recourses left)

Children Kicking balls over a Fence IS NOT SOMETHING that you should have a problem with, if you're not selfish and anti social. It is part of life, she has lived the noisy part of her life and now want peace nd quiet, so she should move away from the noisy parts of the community into a nice quiet retirement home. Again it's only sensible Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

There is a good saying/joke:
Why are there so many more women in retirement homes??? Cause most men a smart enough to die  Razz  Razz  Razz

I Will ask again WHY do all the ENGLISH has such negative connotations of living in a old folks Home what terrible thing have you made them? ( I am going to keep it up until someone explains why you all fear them  Cool  Cool  )


OK, I will presume you are being serious and not just winding people up so I will answer.

I have a fair amount of experience in seeing people in care and nursing homes...and I imagine a LOT more than you do.
I have no idea what the care facilities are like in your country, in the UK they can vary. I looked at more than a dozen before we chose (with her blessing) the right one for my own mum, some I would not have put a dog in.

Not everyone can pick and choose....my MIL was in hospital for months (no doubt you would accuse her of bed blocking because she refused to die)  before a place could be found in ANY nursing home.
She is almost 103, blind, deaf and unable to walk, yet her zest for life is still so strong she can keep people amused for hours with her memories and stories of a life not many have known....she will die when she is ready and not before. Wink

Many elderly people have bought and paid for the home they still live in, its where all their cherished memories are and its where they want to live, who are you to say they should give up that right?
In the OP its not the elderly lady at fault, its her neighbour. If someone was repeatedly ruining something you had paid for and cared for (in this case the ladies garden) you would probably (judging by the way you act on here) moan louder than anyone.  Twisted Evil

Lastly...what makes you think people in the later part of their lives are useless? I know many elderly people (one myself) who have a brilliant life, kids off our hands, pleasing ourselves, fit and able to do what we want when we want. We know it wont last forever so we appreciate life and make the most of it....and we love it.  I love you

The mentality that people should 'vacate' their homes, the homes they worked for, paid for, and shared all their lives with their families etc just because they're old and considered by some to be useless to society, just baffles me.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 5968
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

OK, I will presume you are being serious and not just winding people up so I will answer.

I have a fair amount of experience in seeing people in care and nursing homes...and I imagine a LOT more than you do.
I have no idea what the care facilities are like in your country, in the UK they can vary. I looked at more than a dozen before we chose (with her blessing) the right one for my own mum, some I would not have put a dog in.

Not everyone can pick and choose....my MIL was in hospital for months (no doubt you would accuse her of bed blocking because she refused to die)  before a place could be found in ANY nursing home.
She is almost 103, blind, deaf and unable to walk, yet her zest for life is still so strong she can keep people amused for hours with her memories and stories of a life not many have known....she will die when she is ready and not before. Wink

Many elderly people have bought and paid for the home they still live in, its where all their cherished memories are and its where they want to live, who are you to say they should give up that right?
In the OP its not the elderly lady at fault, its her neighbour. If someone was repeatedly ruining something you had paid for and cared for (in this case the ladies garden) you would probably (judging by the way you act on here) moan louder than anyone.  Twisted Evil

Lastly...what makes you think people in the later part of their lives are useless? I know many elderly people (one myself) who have a brilliant life, kids off our hands, pleasing ourselves, fit and able to do what we want when we want. We know it wont last forever so we appreciate life and make the most of it....and we love it.  I love you

The mentality that people should 'vacate' their homes, the homes they worked for, paid for, and shared all their lives with their families etc just because they're old and considered by some to be useless to society, just baffles me.  

Society has progressed so far in lots of ways over the last few decades....sadly the way we treat our old and frail hasn't kept up.
In the case of older people I think its actually deteriorated...maybe in this country the Thatcher teachings of greed and selfishness get you far and always look after No 1.... has something to do with it?


_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Lord Foul on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:40 pm

so, when are you volunteering to be euthanised veya, given your ranting posts on here I'd suggest that perhaps the time has come......

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8562
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:49 pm

I think people should have the legal right to die when they choose. The way the law stands now terminally ill people (for eg) have to traipse abroad in order to die with dignity, which is ludicrous.

The one thing I worry about if the law was to ever change is when people become old or need looking after, they would be brow beaten, persuaded or bullied by members of their family to die to order to suit THEM.

This thread is a good example of how that could easily happen.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by magica on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Lord Foul wrote:so, when are you volunteering to be euthanised veya, given your ranting posts on here I'd suggest that perhaps the time has come......

lol! have a green

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by magica on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Syl wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Yep, I'd move to retirement village, it's the only sensible thing to do if you are no longer working and by yourself. If I where too sick I'd choose to be euthanized (let alone such things may be compulsory in 40 years due to lack of recourses left)

Children Kicking balls over a Fence IS NOT SOMETHING that you should have a problem with, if you're not selfish and anti social. It is part of life, she has lived the noisy part of her life and now want peace nd quiet, so she should move away from the noisy parts of the community into a nice quiet retirement home. Again it's only sensible Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

There is a good saying/joke:
Why are there so many more women in retirement homes??? Cause most men a smart enough to die  Razz  Razz  Razz

I Will ask again WHY do all the ENGLISH has such negative connotations of living in a old folks Home what terrible thing have you made them? ( I am going to keep it up until someone explains why you all fear them  Cool  Cool  )


OK, I will presume you are being serious and not just winding people up so I will answer.

I have a fair amount of experience in seeing people in care and nursing homes...and I imagine a LOT more than you do.
I have no idea what the care facilities are like in your country, in the UK they can vary. I looked at more than a dozen before we chose (with her blessing) the right one for my own mum, some I would not have put a dog in.

Not everyone can pick and choose....my MIL was in hospital for months (no doubt you would accuse her of bed blocking because she refused to die)  before a place could be found in ANY nursing home.
She is almost 103, blind, deaf and unable to walk, yet her zest for life is still so strong she can keep people amused for hours with her memories and stories of a life not many have known....she will die when she is ready and not before. Wink

Many elderly people have bought and paid for the home they still live in, its where all their cherished memories are and its where they want to live, who are you to say they should give up that right?
In the OP its not the elderly lady at fault, its her neighbour. If someone was repeatedly ruining something you had paid for and cared for (in this case the ladies garden) you would probably (judging by the way you act on here) moan louder than anyone.  Twisted Evil

Lastly...what makes you think people in the later part of their lives are useless? I know many elderly people (one myself) who have a brilliant life, kids off our hands, pleasing ourselves, fit and able to do what we want when we want. We know it wont last forever so we appreciate life and make the most of it....and we love it.  I love you[/quote

cheers  Tried to give you a greeny seems I can do just one. Nemmind good post Syl x

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Haha, I often do that...thanks anyway Mags. Laughing

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by eddie on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:04 pm

When Veya dies I'm going to pop over and stick a rod up his arse and barbecue him over an open fire....feed him to all the old people so a small piece of him lives on in them forever. Razz

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30964
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Syl wrote:I think people should have the legal right to die when they choose. The way the law stands now terminally ill people (for eg) have to traipse abroad in order to die with dignity, which is ludicrous.

The one thing I worry about if the law was to ever change is when people become old or need looking after, they would be brow beaten, persuaded  or bullied by members of their family to die to order to suit THEM.

This thread is a good example of how that could easily happen.

They only have to go abroad in order for someone else to legally kill them. They can kill themselves here quite legally.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28563
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:I think people should have the legal right to die when they choose. The way the law stands now terminally ill people (for eg) have to traipse abroad in order to die with dignity, which is ludicrous.

The one thing I worry about if the law was to ever change is when people become old or need looking after, they would be brow beaten, persuaded  or bullied by members of their family to die to order to suit THEM.

This thread is a good example of how that could easily happen.

They only have to go abroad in order for someone else to legally kill them. They can kill themselves here quite legally.

Thats true but its nt as simple as that.
By the time they are ready to die they may not be in a position to kill themselves either mentally or physically.
They may not know how to kill themselves efficiently, they may also want to be with their family when they die....which could cause the family problems.
They may also want a specially trained medic to administer the dose to make sure everything goes smoothly physically and legally.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by magica on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They only have to go abroad in order for someone else to legally kill them. They can kill themselves here quite legally.

Thats true but its nt as simple as that.
By the time they are ready to die they may not be in a position to kill themselves either mentally or physically.
They may not know how to kill themselves efficiently, they may also want to be with their family when they die....which could cause the family problems.
They may also want a specially trained medic to administer the dose to make sure everything goes smoothly physically and legally.



Also if anyone assists them they can be done for Manslaughter. Going abroad, there's no comebacks. I wish they had this here.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:14 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thats true but its nt as simple as that.
By the time they are ready to die they may not be in a position to kill themselves either mentally or physically.
They may not know how to kill themselves efficiently, they may also want to be with their family when they die....which could cause the family problems.
They may also want a specially trained medic to administer the dose to make sure everything goes smoothly physically and legally.



Also if anyone assists them they can be done for Manslaughter. Going abroad, there's no comebacks.  I wish they had this here.

I think they will do before too long.
I can see good reasons and not so good reasons for making it legal.
I believe some people would feel pressure to go before their time, especially if they needed full time care that can cost (in this area) around £1000 pw.....especially if they have family that begrudge their inheritance being eaten away.

On the other hand I imagine so many people dread being reliant on others to do care for them because they are unable to care for themselves, with their only future being pain and deterioration.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They only have to go abroad in order for someone else to legally kill them. They can kill themselves here quite legally.

Thats true but its nt as simple as that.
By the time they are ready to die they may not be in a position to kill themselves either mentally or physically.
They may not know how to kill themselves efficiently, they may also want to be with their family when they die....which could cause the family problems.
They may also want a specially trained medic to administer the dose to make sure everything goes smoothly physically and legally.

It's a problem because doctors are trained to save lives, not take them. There are many pitfalls in such a situation such as - is the person of sound mind, and that kind of thing. I would not want to be a doctor who takes it on.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28563
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thats true but its nt as simple as that.
By the time they are ready to die they may not be in a position to kill themselves either mentally or physically.
They may not know how to kill themselves efficiently, they may also want to be with their family when they die....which could cause the family problems.
They may also want a specially trained medic to administer the dose to make sure everything goes smoothly physically and legally.

It's a problem because doctors are trained to save lives, not take them. There are many pitfalls in such a situation such as - is the person of sound mind, and that kind of thing. I would not want to be a doctor who takes it on.

It would be a minefield, so many conditions would have to be met.
Doctors have always had to make life or death decisions...be it letting a very prem baby die or a very ill person not be resuscitated or nourished.

I agree though, it would be very difficult.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:08 am



@syl
I am partly winding people up

But down here you Purchase a Villa or unit in a retirement village, If you are sensible if you are not sensible and stay in the family home until you are too old then you will end up in a palliative care unit with sound more like the British nursing homes and do sort of Suck. If you wait until you are in hospital then it is TOO LATE.

Which is why wise people buy a place in a retirement village that normally have palliative units attached which will allow them to stay in the same facility and often the same dwelling until they need 24 hour care.

My Father's mother said it was some of the best year of her life as she was surrounded by friends her own age they took them on excursion and had heaps of community activities target at the elderly. and we all think my mother's father would have been better off going to one then staying in his own home which although we visited often he was still lonely and would not have needed to go to palliative care after a serious fall (he Never went to palliative care and we all pretty much know he killed himself or at least willed himself to death instead when finding out he was going to have to go to one.)


AND You seem to Agree that BRITISH Culture and British nursing homes are the issue.
Look at the links I posted for the ones my mum has looked at. they are all fully serviced almost like resorts.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15932
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:13 am

Lord Foul wrote:so, when are you volunteering to be euthanised veya, given your ranting posts on here I'd suggest that perhaps the time has come......

not till your long in the grave old man Cool Cool Cool

I am not ranting.
You are just being selfish, having established terrible conditions for your parent to die in and robbing your children of a future where they would be wealthy enough to establish civilized conditions.

A lot comes down to Australia accepting when someone else is better an moving in that direction, we can see Asia is far superior in many thing from education to the treatment of the elderly.
Also we are NOT dumb asses that show their collective displeasure of polish immigrants by throwing all our (nd children's) wallet in a burning trash bin. Razz Razz Razz

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15932
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:20 am

eddie wrote:When Veya dies I'm going to pop over and stick a rod up his arse and barbecue him over an open fire....feed him to all the old people so a small piece of him lives on in them forever. Razz

Pfft old people are not worthy. But it would be typical of them to try and consume Every single last resource they could literally taking food out of the mouths of their grad children and great grand children.
This is a very apt depiction fo the current older generation in regard to world resources


Besides even YOU are Probably young enough to never get to retire and may need to be processed in to food for your grandchildren
After Lord Foul and Raggs have spent the last of Britain's resources on their selfishness, rather than acceptance of facts.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15932
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:37 am

Lord Foul wrote:Veya...in which case I take it that you agree with me when i say all those cretins bred in cities should have no cause to complain about noise when they move to the rural environment (which they should not be allowed to do in fact since they are neither qualified nor suited to it.

you know the sort...move into a village then complain to the local authority about the cockerels crowing at first light, the farmers working at 4:30, 5 ish to milk the herd etc.

Oh and you are both a liar and fdisingenious (unless of course you were dragged up rather than brought up)...

WE (my generation), were taught to be respectful of the old ones, to repect their privacy and give em some peace and quiet.  If that ment NOT playing football in a particular place then so be it....and sundays was a day of QUIET.....ok you could play, but EITHER quietly OR you went off into the fields away from houses (tough shit city dwellers but then YOU dont deserve it)



Its NOT my fault you are a spoilt brat that doesnt know the meaning of WORK...(as opposed to sitting for 8 hrs on your fat butt poking keys on a keyboard....AND NO your job isnt "special"  any monkey can code...in any language (computer) given time to adjust to it...

I started with Z80 basic and instruction code (in hex pale ) and now use the varient of c++ that arduinos use....(not a VAST amount of difference between that and basic Razz Razz Razz )

and have variously used forth fortran cobol etc....
I've likely forgotten more that you will ever know

and

I can do sparky work, chippie work, brickie work, high frade carpentry

I can also do micro electronics design and assembly, trained as a microbiologist

and not only can I use all these "modern devices" sat nav etc...I can ALSO do it the "old way, with map and compass....a feat beyond tyhe younger generations

oh and finally I can actually calculate in my head.....you know things like centigrade to farenheit, estimate closely the height of a tree (and thus where it will fall)

cos I know my number tables by heart, along with sin cos and tan and logs in a handy book...

I dont NEED (liike you NEED oxygen) a calculator to do simple maths in my head

lets face it veya...if there was ever to be a severe solar flare that killed electronic devices...you would be feckin helpless...redundant...in fact pointless


do try growing up from that spoilt brat, who wants everything in life handing to him on a plate.


But the ones older than you deserved respect, it is your generation that doesn't Cool Cool Cool
Plus there was a lot less of them since they had a ww2 the problem is if Old people stay in their homes rather than moving to a retirement village away from the CBD, that means there is no where for the kids to play foot ball where their parents need to live for employment and the IRONY that you're argument boils down to "the kids don't get to go outside and do noisy activities anymore" so they cant play football in the yard yet you pretend they would be allowed to build a cubby house or something that would give them the start on those skill Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect And you wonder WHY your generation doesn't deserve respect and gets called selfish Suspect Suspect Suspect

and you will find I can do everything you can do too, plus a lot more no doubt Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And Funny
http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/the-100000-job-no-australian-is-qualified-to-do/news-story/400cbc76d5b8fdb0e427481b0435e7d8
The Paper say no Australian Qualified for WHAT I DO !!!
I am not an idiot I do what pays the most

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15932
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 am

How are older people wasting resources any more than younger people?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28563
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:How are older people wasting resources any more than younger people?

Cause you had your turn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Plus they Do, Statically of course
More support non renewable energy, more live alone in large houses, more get upset about trying to change consumer habits to adopt less wasteful lifestyles. Less recycle.

Other things include political policies that will see them get pension etc while making it all users pays for the next generation.
Cutting public education, space programs, science programs etc.

Too many Issues have been put off as 'that is a futures problem' Well for people my age that future will arrive when I'm your age or younger, Let alone "my children's" (I don't have any but would like some) generation that will suffer it in the prime of their lives.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15932
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:36 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

@syl
I am partly winding people up

But down here you Purchase a Villa or unit in a retirement village, If you are sensible if you are not sensible and stay in the family home until you are too old then you will end up in a palliative care unit with sound more like the British nursing homes and do sort of Suck. If you wait until you are in hospital then it is TOO LATE.

Which is why wise people buy a place in a retirement village that normally have palliative units attached which will allow them to stay in the same facility and often the same dwelling until they need 24 hour care.

My Father's mother said it was some of the best year of her life as she was surrounded by friends her own age they took them on excursion and had heaps of community activities target at the elderly. and we all think my mother's father would have been better off going to one then staying in his own home which although we visited often he was still lonely and would not have needed to go to palliative care after a serious fall (he Never went to palliative care and we all pretty much know he killed himself or at least willed himself to death instead when finding out he was going to have to go to one.)


AND  You seem to Agree that  BRITISH Culture and British nursing homes are the issue.
Look at the links I posted for the ones my mum has looked at. they are all fully serviced almost like resorts.

I looked, they look lovely, like hotel complexes, and in theory I think they would be ideal for many older people. Move there, have all the comforts and care you need right till the end....and free your larger house up for the generations to follow.
My mum actually moved into a bungalow on an estate specially built  for pensioners, so she was near people like herself, fortunately she was also literally 2 minutes away from me, so it was ideal for a while.
It was warden controlled so if ever there was an accident or an emergency wardens could be summoned quickly.

In practice there are real downsides. The waiting list to get one of these properties suitable, either bought or rented is often that long older people have no chance.
Older people want to stay in the area they know, many simply don't want to move, especially if they live alone. They feel secure where they are, and feeling secure and safe makes a huge difference to a persons mental welfare.

I think the main reason older people get a bad press is that attitudes have changed by so many re old folk. I know you are joking...(hopefully) but that attitude does exist from some younger people towards elderly...many elderly are still a lot sharper than the younger ones who dismiss them so readily, (this forum is a good example of that) and nothing ever gets sorted.
We all hate discrimination against minorities or people different from ourselves, till it comes to the generation gap, where it seems there are no holds barred.....and that's sad.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:14 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:How are older people wasting resources any more than younger people?

Cause you had your turn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Plus they Do, Statically of course
More support non renewable energy, more live alone in large houses, more get upset about trying to change consumer habits to adopt less wasteful lifestyles.  Less recycle.

Other things include political policies that will see them get pension etc while making it all users pays for the next generation.
Cutting public education, space programs, science programs etc.

Too many Issues have been put off as 'that is a futures problem' Well for people my age that future will arrive when I'm your age or younger, Let alone "my children's" (I don't have any but would like some) generation that will suffer it in the prime of their lives.

I had my turn? Do you think people stop being people when they reach a certain age, and then have no right to live?

I don't think older people are likely to litter local parks with empty bottles, or chuck beer cans into the street. They're more likely to pick up their own litter, and to recycle. They're less likely to have several cars per household as well.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28563
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by nicko on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:35 pm

+1
avatar
nicko

Posts : 7945
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:27 am

@Syl
There are no young people on this forum
Even I am 34 so middle aged Wink

And Build more, new ones coming up all the time down here to cope with the ageing population

@rags
Live Yes.. Fuck up the future No.. have political parties pander to them NO, fill up the economic centers and areas of employment NO.
AND Statically Untrue.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15932
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@Syl
There are no young people on this forum
Even I am 34 so middle aged Wink



I said younger...its all relative.
Even I am younger to some on here. What a Face

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11128
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@Syl
There are no young people on this forum
Even I am 34 so middle aged Wink

And Build more, new ones coming up all the time down here to cope with the ageing population

@rags
Live Yes.. Fuck up the future No.. have political parties pander to them NO, fill up the economic centers and areas of employment NO.
AND Statically Untrue.

34? What on earth are you doing spending time on a stuffy old forum full of old farts? You should be out tripping the light fantastic and doing young interesting things and being all handsome and windswept. Shocked
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 5968
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:53 am

pfffft...product manager

= the poor sap that has to resolve the difference between
a) what the customer THINKS he wants
b) what the sales engineer thinks the customer thinks he wants
c) what the design engineer thinks the sales enginer thinks the customer thinks he wants
d) what the production engineer thinks the design engineer thinks the sales engineer thinks the customer wants
and e) finally...what the customer REALLY wants.....

you could be replaced at a lot less money by a good field service engineer...........

who by the way is hated by the design engineer and production engineer, as is evidenced by the eventual design and build of the resultant item, which is totally impervious to being serviced without the loss of either good skin, knuckles or sanity (or all 3), depending upon its nature.

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8562
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:38 am

It gave a list of jobs actually Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
And I am employed in the government sector not commercial.
And I came up from field services, first good role was with National Freight Rail.

and you will have to just guess cause I am not allowed to disclose what I am currently working on.


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15932
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Are you an OAP-Whisperer?

"Time to die now old fool...."


_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30964
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by nicko on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:22 pm

+1
avatar
nicko

Posts : 7945
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:51 am

eddie wrote:Are you an OAP-Whisperer?

"Time to die now old fool...."


Wouldn't it be nice Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

hey you know you'll probably never be an OAP eddie
nicko on co will have spent all the money and ruined the economy long before then
What ever Nicko has left will surely be wasted by Lord Foul Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

OAP I mean that shows how selfish these old buggers are Expecting hand outs for ruining the economy and environment, and stealing little children's footballs and future
IF they can't self fund it turn them into soylent greens Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15932
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum