Social worker criticised after saying christening a baby would 'hinder chance of adoption'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Social worker criticised after saying christening a baby would 'hinder chance of adoption'

Post by Thorin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:25 am

A social worker advised a couple not to christen their son because it would make it harder to get the baby adopted. The Kent county council social worker said any attempt to place the boy for adoption would be hindered if he was “christened into the Christian faith”.

Her comments have been called “regrettable” by a family court judge who has now urged the council to hold an inquiry into the incident. At a private family court ­hearing in Chatham, Kent, Judge Richard Scarratt said council officials had asked the unnamed social worker to make a ­decision about the little’s boy’s future.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/13/social-worker-criticised-saying-christening-baby-would-hinder/

How on earth would the Christening of this baby lessen the chances of being adopted?
I doubt the vast majority looking to adopt children. Would even bother to raise objections based off a 15 month old baby being baptized.

Correct decision by the judge and this was discrimination against Christians here.
Glad also to see the baby is now with a relative to care for them.
Thorin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social worker criticised after saying christening a baby would 'hinder chance of adoption'

Post by Original Quill on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:50 am

You are right. I think some take religion far too seriously. It's not like he is being branded.

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social worker criticised after saying christening a baby would 'hinder chance of adoption'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:39 am

Smile

That stupid bitch should be sacked...

Bringing matters of religion unnecessarily into her job, should disqualify the bigotted cow from being suitable/qualified/right for that line of work..

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 pm

I wonder which religion the social worker followed?
I think we can safely rule out Christianity.

Adoption should be a last resort for any child. If relatives were able to love and care for the child, and in this case it seemed the child could still keep up a good relationship with his birth parents, surely that would be preferable than taking him away and giving him to strangers.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:00 pm

But why Christen a child your a going to put up for adoption in the first place??

the social worker is probably atheist Rolling Eyes

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 pm

veya_victaous wrote:But why Christen a child your a going to put up for adoption in the first place??

the social worker is probably atheist Rolling Eyes  

The parents and the family of the child didn't want to put the child up for adoption...from reading the story it seems only the social worker did.
The judge overriding this case agreed that the child would be best cared for within the family.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top