Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:52 pm


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17603
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by magica on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:30 am

Threatening to knife someone is appalling. These threats must stop. Glad he's gone to prison,

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:32 pm



Yes I agree magica...!

Seems the lefties here don't care about the safety and security of female MPs when it is a conservative female mp getting death threats from a fellow leftie...!?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17603
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Jules on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Yes I agree magica...!

Seems the lefties here don't care about the safety and security of female MPs when it is a conservative female mp getting death threats from a fellow leftie...!?


Oh for heaven's sake, he was jailed for it and rightly so.
He should have been jailed for twice as long, imo, shameless bully!
No idea what his political leanings are.
It's a short thread cos no one is arguing against the punishment.


The Thomas Mair thread was long cos excuses were being made for him, I think.
Personally I kept out of that  Thomas Mair thread cos I know how contentious the topic was.
Goodnight Laughing
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1301
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Third Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:34 am

The Mair thread was long because accusations and assertions were being made that weren't true, and pictures were being posted/shown (allegedly that of him) that weren't him...!!!


And I'm sure that had this been a Labour MP under threat and not a tory MP, the lefties would have been all over this story here...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17603
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Thorin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:41 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The Mair thread was long because accusations and assertions were being made that weren't true, and pictures were being posted/shown (allegedly that of him) that weren't him...!!!


And I'm sure that had this been a Labour MP under threat and not a tory MP, the lefties would have been all over this story here...




You mean accusations from you that were incorrect and as seen your bases for this, is off a photo, you have repeatedly failed to prove it was not him.

It seems you are also more interested, to make this about lefties and not the low life who threatened the Tory MP..

Seems you are using this story, to further sow discord.  As you have failed to actually comment at all on anything in the article. Other than establishing that it was a female Tory MP on the receiving end of these threats.

Every post you have made has been about lefties per say.

Its also far removed from where Jo Cox was murdered. 

Now many MP's receive threats daily and anything that threatens their life should be dealt with according to the laws, within reason. Threats that are made like this are intended to instill fear, not actually commit any harm. Though as seen rightly the Judge has taken a hard line on this. Threats made to instill fear and unsettle people is never going to be comparable to Jo Cox being murdered. Where even worse you have zero interest in the Tory MP;s well being, but to goad a reaction from those of left politics.

So is this about the case, the threats, the man convicted and the Tory MP?

Or is it an excuse for you to start, just as I see some of the left do the exact same thing goading the right at times.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18838-arrest-after-jo-cox-twitter-threat-to-mp-anna-soubry?highlight=threat

Two wrongs, do not make a right.

Stick to the topic

Glad to see the courts have taken a hard-line on this with threats made online.
This should be the standard

Thorin

Posts : 6396
Join date : 2017-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 am

Pictures posted up alleging to be him... were not him!!!

As was shown at the time!!!

Arm tattoos on claimed pics while pics of man being arrested showed no arm tattoos...!!!



In the op it was a leftie who was jailed... and a tory MP that he was jailed for threatening to kill!!!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17603
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Thorin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Pictures posted up alleging to be him... were not him!!!

As was shown at the time!!!

Arm tattoos on claimed pics while pics of man being arrested showed no arm tattoos...!!!



In the op it was a leftie who was jailed... and a tory MP that he was jailed for threatening to kill!!!


Again no evidence, but a claim from you. Not backed up with any facts.

Again further proving, you are more interested in that, than this Tory MP receiving death threats

I know it was an extremist leftie who was jailed. There is a substantial number of the extremist left, as their is the extreme right. You though as seen, want to make this about left and right and not extremism.

Thorin

Posts : 6396
Join date : 2017-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Jules on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Thorin wrote:


You mean accusations from you that were incorrect and as seen your bases for this, is off a photo, you have repeatedly failed to prove it was not him.

It seems you are also more interested, to make this about lefties and not the low life who threatened the Tory MP..

Seems you are using this story, to further sow discord.  As you have failed to actually comment at all on anything in the article. Other than establishing that it was a female Tory MP on the receiving end of these threats.

Every post you have made has been about lefties per say.

Its also far removed from where Jo Cox was murdered. 

Now many MP's receive threats daily and anything that threatens their life should be dealt with according to the laws, within reason. Threats that are made like this are intended to instill fear, not actually commit any harm. Though as seen rightly the Judge has taken a hard line on this. Threats made to instill fear and unsettle people is never going to be comparable to Jo Cox being murdered. Where even worse you have zero interest in the Tory MP;s well being, but to goad a reaction from those of left politics.

So is this about the case, the threats, the man convicted and the Tory MP?

Or is it an excuse for you to start, just as I see some of the left do the exact same thing goading the right at times.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18838-arrest-after-jo-cox-twitter-threat-to-mp-anna-soubry?highlight=threat

Two wrongs, do not make a right.

Stick to the topic

Glad to see the courts have taken a hard-line on this with threats made online.
This should be the standard


Excellent point!  Even before Joe Cox was murdered a cross party group of women MP's had already got together to try and combat the trend of men sending threats to women on line. (Miss Mensch and others). It is a common occurence.

Seems all it takes for some men to become threatening on line, is a bellyful of beer. Other guys are just naturally made that way, drunk or sober. They look for all sorts of ways to threaten people. It is designed to instill fear in women and should be severely dealt with. Still a far cry from actually kiling someone though, and the two should not really be compared as if they are the same thing.

Well spotted, Thorin. cheers
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1301
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Third Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Thorin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:


You mean accusations from you that were incorrect and as seen your bases for this, is off a photo, you have repeatedly failed to prove it was not him.

It seems you are also more interested, to make this about lefties and not the low life who threatened the Tory MP..

Seems you are using this story, to further sow discord.  As you have failed to actually comment at all on anything in the article. Other than establishing that it was a female Tory MP on the receiving end of these threats.

Every post you have made has been about lefties per say.

Its also far removed from where Jo Cox was murdered. 

Now many MP's receive threats daily and anything that threatens their life should be dealt with according to the laws, within reason. Threats that are made like this are intended to instill fear, not actually commit any harm. Though as seen rightly the Judge has taken a hard line on this. Threats made to instill fear and unsettle people is never going to be comparable to Jo Cox being murdered. Where even worse you have zero interest in the Tory MP;s well being, but to goad a reaction from those of left politics.

So is this about the case, the threats, the man convicted and the Tory MP?

Or is it an excuse for you to start, just as I see some of the left do the exact same thing goading the right at times.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18838-arrest-after-jo-cox-twitter-threat-to-mp-anna-soubry?highlight=threat

Two wrongs, do not make a right.

Stick to the topic

Glad to see the courts have taken a hard-line on this with threats made online.
This should be the standard


Excellent point!  Even before Joe Cox was murdered a cross party group of women MP's had already got together to try and combat the trend of men sending threats to women on line. (Miss Mensch and others). It is a common occurence.

Seems all it takes for some men to become threatening on line, is a bellyful of beer. Other guys are just naturally made that way, drunk or sober. They look for all sorts of ways to threaten people. It is designed to instill fear in women and should be severely dealt with. Still a far cry from actually kiling someone though, and the two should not really be compared as if they are the same thing.

Well spotted, Thorin. cheers



Thanks Jules

Anyway, have a good evening

Maybe back later.

Thorin

Posts : 6396
Join date : 2017-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Jules on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:39 pm

You're welcome, Thorin.
Have a great Easter weekend! fiesta
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1301
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Third Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:


You mean accusations from you that were incorrect and as seen your bases for this, is off a photo, you have repeatedly failed to prove it was not him.

It seems you are also more interested, to make this about lefties and not the low life who threatened the Tory MP..

Seems you are using this story, to further sow discord.  As you have failed to actually comment at all on anything in the article. Other than establishing that it was a female Tory MP on the receiving end of these threats.

Every post you have made has been about lefties per say.

Its also far removed from where Jo Cox was murdered. 

Now many MP's receive threats daily and anything that threatens their life should be dealt with according to the laws, within reason. Threats that are made like this are intended to instill fear, not actually commit any harm. Though as seen rightly the Judge has taken a hard line on this. Threats made to instill fear and unsettle people is never going to be comparable to Jo Cox being murdered. Where even worse you have zero interest in the Tory MP;s well being, but to goad a reaction from those of left politics.

So is this about the case, the threats, the man convicted and the Tory MP?

Or is it an excuse for you to start, just as I see some of the left do the exact same thing goading the right at times.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18838-arrest-after-jo-cox-twitter-threat-to-mp-anna-soubry?highlight=threat

Two wrongs, do not make a right.

Stick to the topic

Glad to see the courts have taken a hard-line on this with threats made online.
This should be the standard


Excellent point!  Even before Joe Cox was murdered a cross party group of women MP's had already got together to try and combat the trend of men sending threats to women on line. (Miss Mensch and others). It is a common occurence.

Seems all it takes for some men to become threatening on line, is a bellyful of beer. Other guys are just naturally made that way, drunk or sober. They look for all sorts of ways to threaten people. It is designed to instill fear in women and should be severely dealt with. Still a far cry from actually kiling someone though, and the two should not really be compared as if they are the same thing.

Well spotted, Thorin. cheers


Abusive online comments are not just received by female MPs... and are not just sent by men...!


And Louise Mensch...!?


http://theralphretort.com/heat-streets-louise-mensch-convicted-pedophiles-profits-1002016/

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17603
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Thorin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:


Excellent point!  Even before Joe Cox was murdered a cross party group of women MP's had already got together to try and combat the trend of men sending threats to women on line. (Miss Mensch and others). It is a common occurence.

Seems all it takes for some men to become threatening on line, is a bellyful of beer. Other guys are just naturally made that way, drunk or sober. They look for all sorts of ways to threaten people. It is designed to instill fear in women and should be severely dealt with. Still a far cry from actually kiling someone though, and the two should not really be compared as if they are the same thing.

Well spotted, Thorin. cheers


Abusive online comments are not just received by female MPs... and are not just sent by men...!


And Louise Mensch...!?


http://theralphretort.com/heat-streets-louise-mensch-convicted-pedophiles-profits-1002016/

How is poor abusive comments comparable to death threats and then to actual murder?

Je wiz, politicians slag each other off all the time with abuse. Of which such abuse is always wrong.

You really are scraping the barrel tonight with your replies

Thorin

Posts : 6396
Join date : 2017-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:43 pm

Ask Jules...


She posted about abusive comments... then tried to conflate it into 'threatening comments/death threats'...


I merely pointed out that online abusive comments are not just received by female MPs... and not just sent by men...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17603
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Thorin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Ask Jules...


She posted about abusive comments... then tried to conflate it into 'threatening comments/death threats'...


I merely pointed out that online abusive comments are not just received by female MPs... and not just sent by men...!



Where did anyone deny countless MP's daily receive abuse?

No you are attempting to prevent the dying embers of the discord you had started, from going out.

Jules stated on "threats", not abuse.

Even before Joe Cox was murdered a cross party group of women MP's had already got together to try and combat the trend of men sending threats to women on line. (Miss Mensch and others). It is a common occurence.

Now can you show me active MP's, that have made death threats to other MP's?

So its actually you trying to make comparable abuse and death threats here..

As people are daily and more often abusive to others



Thorin

Posts : 6396
Join date : 2017-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:19 am


Jules can say whatever she likes... it doesn't make it true...


Mensch was involved in a campaign against all abusive comments...



"...Mensch says that such abusive comments are now part of her working life, as they are for many female MPs..."


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/twitter/8888872/Katherine-Jenkins-Louise-Mensch-and-Lorraine-Pascale-are-plagued-by-sexist-cyberbullies.html

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17603
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Jules on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules can say whatever she likes... it doesn't make it true...


Mensch was involved in a campaign against all abusive comments...



"...Mensch says that such abusive comments are now part of her working life, as they are for many female MPs..."


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/twitter/8888872/Katherine-Jenkins-Louise-Mensch-and-Lorraine-Pascale-are-plagued-by-sexist-cyberbullies.html


I post in good faith and I think before I post. If I'm not sure of my facts I will usually say I am not sure.
There is nowt you can teach me about exMP Miss Mensch, she is one of the few tories that I like, as a person, and so I have watched a lot of stuff that she has been involved in. Last year I watched a one hour tv programme about how she dealt with a nasty troll.

Yes women do troll and abuse too, but that is not the topic of conversation. This topic focuses more on men and on threats of violence. If you want to talk about something else why not make a thread about it?


Twisting people's words and attaching a totally wrong meaning to what people post is one of your specialities. To my surprise even Veya noticed this the other day and he told you not to twist my words. You change goalposts suddenly and you also turn meanings of words upside down. All designed to frustrate anyone who tries to argue back.
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1301
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Third Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Jules on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:11 pm

No idea what you were trying to prove in that link you posted but in the event you ended up proving my point for me, ironically. What it says in the link is what I was trying to say myself > >


"As Katherine Jenkins reveals that she has an online stalker, more women discover that the web is increasingly dominated by violent misogyny. "

"Mensch says that such abusive comments are now part of her working life, as they are for many female MPs. “If I spent all my time responding to every sexist comment which referred to rape and violence,"




QED, Tommy.  Cool
Over & out.
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1301
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Third Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:17 am


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17603
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man jailed for threats to kill female MP

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Idea           I NOTICE that Tommy "what a total fuckwit" Monk had already started attacking all the "lefties" on here, even before most of them would have even reached this thread  !!!

And on the Easter holiday weekend, to boot..


You really are such a hopeless loser, Tommykins !          Rolling Eyes

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3196
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum