Tramadol is now ‘killing more people than heroin’, pathologist says

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Tramadol, a powerful synthetic painkiller commonly bought from the internet is now killing more people in northern Ireland than heroin, a pathologist has said.

Coroner Paddy McGurgan spoke at the inquest into Londonderry man Stephen Booth, saying the synthetic opiate was a ‘scourge on society’.

Mr Booth had taken tramadol, alprazolam and diazepam before he fell into a coma and stopped breathing, the court heard.

State pathologist Professor Jack Crane said that Tramadol has caused so many deaths that he had raised the issue with the Chief Medical Officer, according to the Belfast Telegraph.
He said that there were now ‘more deaths in Northern Ireland from Tramadol than any other drug such as heroin or morphine.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/11/tramadol-is-now-killing-more-people-than-heroin-pathologist-says-6374088/#ixzz4dyigk92a

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tramadol is now ‘killing more people than heroin’, pathologist says

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:29 pm

That's quite a cocktail of drugs, so it's not surprising really.

I do know a few people who take tramadol, but they say they need it for pain management.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:36 am

Raggamuffin wrote:That's quite a cocktail of drugs, so it's not surprising really.

I do know a few people who take tramadol, but they say they need it for pain management.

The problem is, they give you drugs like Tramadol, then have to give you different drugs to counter the side effects, which in turn cause you have yet more drugs to counter those side effects.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:18 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:That's quite a cocktail of drugs, so it's not surprising really.

The problem is, they give you drugs like Tramadol, then have to give you different drugs to counter the side effects, which in turn cause you have yet more drugs to counter those side effects.  

Isn't the Coroner saying it is killing more people that heroin because of the abuse of prescription meds? Suspect Suspect

I know this has become a growing problem down here and has been a problem in the USA for a while.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum