Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/05/barry-manilow-reveals-he-is-gay#img-1

Good for him, but how sad that he has felt he has had to hide this for so many years for fear of upsetting his fans.

"Barry Manilow has come out as gay, telling an interviewer that he felt revealing his sexuality in the past would have disappointed his fans.
The Brooklyn singer has always guarded his private life, but decided to tell People magazine that he had been in a relationship with his manager Garry Kief since they met in 1978.
“I knew that this was it,” he said of their meeting. “I was one of the lucky ones. I was pretty lonely before that.”




_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16167
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I think the fact that it was announced in the news 2 years ago that he had married a man might have been a bit of a give away that he was homosexual...


This is all just publicity stunt to generate some sales of music downloads...!!!


How will it generate sales, if most of his female fans do not then approve?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Publicity = generate interest = sales...


The question is.... how is this news now when it was news 2 years ago that he married a man...!?


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Publicity = generate interest = sales...


The question is.... how is this news now when it was news 2 years ago that he married a man...!?



How can he generate sales, if for example, most of his female fans do not accept homosexuality?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Publicity = generate interest = sales...


The question is.... how is this news now when it was news 2 years ago that he married a man...!?



How can he generate sales, if for example, most of his female fans do not accept homosexuality?

Who says they don't?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30959
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


How can he generate sales, if for example, most of his female fans do not accept homosexuality?

Who says they don't?


Those religious

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Who says they don't?


Those religious

Where is your proof?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30959
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Those religious

Where is your proof?


How many Evangelicals disown their sons for being gay in the US?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 pm

As many as there are gay sons who might now want to download some Barry manilow tunes I guess...!?


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Where is your proof?


How many Evangelicals disown their sons for being gay in the US?

How do you know his fans are evangelicals?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30959
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


How many Evangelicals disown their sons for being gay in the US?

How do you know his fans are evangelicals?


Percentages of US citizens

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 pm

I do hope that the 'Bermuda triangle' would make Didge 'dissappear'...!

lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I do hope that the 'Bermuda triangle' would make Didge 'dissappear'...!

lol!


Is that you wanting me dead Tommy?

No problem, in years to come, that will happen.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

How do you know his fans are evangelicals?


Percentages of US citizens

How do you know they're fans of Barry M?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30959
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Percentages of US citizens

How do you know they're fans of Barry M?


Deduction of percentages

Simple maths

Night

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:13 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I do hope that the 'Bermuda triangle' would make Didge 'dissappear'...!

lol!


Is that you wanting me dead Tommy?

No problem, in years to come, that will happen.


Not at all... I'd be equally happy if you spent the rest of your days in the copacabana with a showgirl called lola...!!!

lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:14 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Is that you wanting me dead Tommy?

No problem, in years to come, that will happen.


Not at all... I'd be equally happy if you spent the rest of your days in the copacabana with a showgirl called lola...!!!

lol!


But that is far removed from the Bermuda Triangle, where people disappear?

Are you just being simple gutless again over your true intent Tommy?

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:03 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Not at all... I'd be equally happy if you spent the rest of your days in the copacabana with a showgirl called lola...!!!

lol!


But that is far removed from the Bermuda Triangle, where people disappear?

Are you just being simple gutless again over your true intent Tommy?

Laughing


You really don't get it, do you...!?

lol!


Last edited by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Paul O'Grady says this about  Barry Manilow and the reasons why he hasn't come out sooner, I think maybe you would have to live in parts of America to realise the pressure gay people still have.

“Unfortunately showbusiness is mostly based in the US and it panders to Middle America because they represent the majority,” says the 61 year-old TV presenter. “They’re all freaks - a bunch of religious fanatics, blinkered bigoted idiots.
“And it will never change there with that lot. They’ve got the president they deserve with Donald Trump and under him I think things are only going to get worse. Faced with that it’s no surprise Barry wrestled with coming out publicly."

"There’s less stigma in showbusiness but Paul says there’s still a big problem in Hollywood, where leading men still need to be desirable to put bums on seats.
“It’s always been on a different level in Hollywood,” he says. “Just look at Rock Hudson, if he’d have announced he was gay he’d never have worked again.
“And even now, if a young, heart-throb leading man announces they’re gay, their career is screwed. That’s why Hollywood is still full of closet queens.”
Paul knows first hand because he met quite a few stars not prepared to admit their sexuality when they were guests on his chat show The Paul O’Grady Show."



http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/paul-ogrady-reveals-reason-pal-10174730

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16167
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:16 pm



How is any of this 'news'... when it was in the news 2 years ago that he married a man!!!???

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

How is any of this 'news'... when it was in the news 2 years ago that he married a man!!!???

Its news because he himself has gone public.
Rumours have probably circulated for decades, but he has given an interview himself now....which makes it news.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16167
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:28 pm

But it was on the news 2 years ago that he married a man ..


This is all just a publicity stunt!!!

Laughing

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:But it was on the news 2 years ago that he married a man ..


This is all just a publicity stunt!!!

Laughing

Why does he need the publicity, all his shows sell out as it is?

Maybe he just wants to be who he is publicly....whats wrong with that?
It will also help many other gay people feel more confident...especially older ones who have felt compelled to live a lie all their lives.

I don't see any negatives in this tbh..

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16167
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Does anyone really believe nobody knew he was gay? Rolling Eyes
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:But it was on the news 2 years ago that he married a man ..


This is all just a publicity stunt!!!

Laughing

Why does he need the publicity, all his shows sell out as it is?

Maybe he just wants to be who he is publicly....whats wrong with that?
It will also help many other gay people feel more confident...especially older ones who have felt compelled to live a lie all their lives.

I don't see any negatives in this tbh..

Well he has been bankrupt twice before I think...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:


But that is far removed from the Bermuda Triangle, where people disappear?

Are you just being simple gutless again over your true intent Tommy?

Laughing


You really don't get it, do you...!?

lol!


So clearly Gutless then

Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Syl wrote:Paul O'Grady says this about  Barry Manilow and the reasons why he hasn't come out sooner, I think maybe you would have to live in parts of America to realise the pressure gay people still have.

“Unfortunately showbusiness is mostly based in the US and it panders to Middle America because they represent the majority,” says the 61 year-old TV presenter. “They’re all freaks - a bunch of religious fanatics, blinkered bigoted idiots.
“And it will never change there with that lot. They’ve got the president they deserve with Donald Trump and under him I think things are only going to get worse. Faced with that it’s no surprise Barry wrestled with coming out publicly."

"There’s less stigma in showbusiness but Paul says there’s still a big problem in Hollywood, where leading men still need to be desirable to put bums on seats.
“It’s always been on a different level in Hollywood,” he says. “Just look at Rock Hudson, if he’d have announced he was gay he’d never have worked again.
“And even now, if a young, heart-throb leading man announces they’re gay, their career is screwed. That’s why Hollywood is still full of closet queens.”
Paul knows first hand because he met quite a few stars not prepared to admit their sexuality when they were guests on his chat show The Paul O’Grady Show."



http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/paul-ogrady-reveals-reason-pal-10174730

Mr O'Grady might be generalising a bit there. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30959
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:


But that is far removed from the Bermuda Triangle, where people disappear?

Are you just being simple gutless again over your true intent Tommy?

Laughing


You really don't get it, do you...!?

lol!

It's a miracle if he gets it. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30959
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I do hope that the 'Bermuda triangle' would make Didge 'dissappear'...!

lol!


Apparently this is comparable to me being in Copacabana and not disappeared with a show girl called Lola.

A Barry Manilow Song

Can anyone see the connection with the Bermuda Triangle and where people have disappeared and a song, by wanting me to disappear? Other than it being a song as well?

Tommy making a poor backtrack by any chance?

Hilarity ensues again



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Does anyone really believe nobody knew he was gay? Rolling Eyes

I didn't...I don't think I ever thought about it tbh, I honestly don't think I thought he was gay, neither did I think George Micheal or Elton John or Will Young was....I never think anyone is gay or straight till they say so, unless they mince about like Dale Winton or Liberace for eg....that's always a give away. Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16167
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


You really don't get it, do you...!?

lol!

It's a miracle if he gets it. Laughing


Laughing


I'll do the 'jump shout boogie' if he does get it 'somewhere down the road'...!!!


lol!


If you want Didge to laugh on a Friday... you have to tell him the joke on the Wednesday...!!!


Laughing



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's a miracle if he gets it. Laughing


Laughing


I'll do the 'jump shout boogie' if he does get it 'somewhere down the road'...!!!


lol!


If you want Didge to laugh on a Friday... you have to tell him the joke on the Wednesday...!!!


Laughing




How is wanting someone to disappear a joke, unless you hate them Tommy?

Or at the vest least are in fear of them?

So which is it?

Take your time


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:Paul O'Grady says this about  Barry Manilow and the reasons why he hasn't come out sooner, I think maybe you would have to live in parts of America to realise the pressure gay people still have.

“Unfortunately showbusiness is mostly based in the US and it panders to Middle America because they represent the majority,” says the 61 year-old TV presenter. “They’re all freaks - a bunch of religious fanatics, blinkered bigoted idiots.
“And it will never change there with that lot. They’ve got the president they deserve with Donald Trump and under him I think things are only going to get worse. Faced with that it’s no surprise Barry wrestled with coming out publicly."

"There’s less stigma in showbusiness but Paul says there’s still a big problem in Hollywood, where leading men still need to be desirable to put bums on seats.
“It’s always been on a different level in Hollywood,” he says. “Just look at Rock Hudson, if he’d have announced he was gay he’d never have worked again.
“And even now, if a young, heart-throb leading man announces they’re gay, their career is screwed. That’s why Hollywood is still full of closet queens.”
Paul knows first hand because he met quite a few stars not prepared to admit their sexuality when they were guests on his chat show The Paul O’Grady Show."



http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/paul-ogrady-reveals-reason-pal-10174730

Mr O'Grady might be generalising a bit there. Laughing

Well he knew Barry Manilow, he is gay himself and he is in show business, so generalising or not, he has more of an idea about what happens than we ever will. Smile

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16167
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum