Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:44 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/05/barry-manilow-reveals-he-is-gay#img-1

Good for him, but how sad that he has felt he has had to hide this for so many years for fear of upsetting his fans.

"Barry Manilow has come out as gay, telling an interviewer that he felt revealing his sexuality in the past would have disappointed his fans.
The Brooklyn singer has always guarded his private life, but decided to tell People magazine that he had been in a relationship with his manager Garry Kief since they met in 1978.
“I knew that this was it,” he said of their meeting. “I was one of the lucky ones. I was pretty lonely before that.”




_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by eddie on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:01 pm

I find these stories so fucking sad. Love should never be kept like a dirty secret and a man or woman shouldn't have to hide their feelings and their whole being just to please others.

I hope he can now feel happy.

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34837
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by magica on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:07 am

It was obvious he was gay long time ago, no surprises there.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:38 am

I didn't know he was gay, I don't think I ever thought about it tbh.
I found it sad that he felt he would be disappointing  people to just be who he is.
The day a persons sexually,  whatever that may be, is of no interest to anyone else, is the day  homosexuals will truly be socially equal with heterosexuals.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by nicko on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 am

So what !!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9535
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 am

nicko wrote:So what !!

Exactly.
Sadly Barry Manilow was born into a time when it mattered....he even married when he was young, as many gays did, and probably still do.
Sad that he felt he had to wait till he is 73 years old to openly say he is gay.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:25 pm



Barry who...!?


Only joking...


But this is old news...


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034273/Shocked-news-Barry-Manilow-s-married-man-MICHAEL-THORNTON-wasn-t-s-why.html


Maybe he's bankrupt again and trying to generate a bit of publicity to get some people downloading some of his old shifty tunes that he never wrote...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20444
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by magica on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:38 pm

I get the impression you don't like old Barry Tommy, Laughing

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:09 pm

Just for Tommy. I love you


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:44 pm

http://www.superseventies.com/sw_iwritethesongs.html

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20444
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:47 pm

He didn't want to say he was gay because his songs were mostly aimed at women. I guess he thought they wouldn't be so impressed if they knew that he wasn't really singing to them.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He didn't want to say he was gay because his songs were mostly aimed at women. I guess he thought they wouldn't be so impressed if they knew that he wasn't really singing to them.

Well he was singing to them, I doubt many men are called Mandy or Lola.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:He didn't want to say he was gay because his songs were mostly aimed at women. I guess he thought they wouldn't be so impressed if they knew that he wasn't really singing to them.

Well he was singing to them, I doubt many men are called Mandy or Lola.

Yes, but if they knew he was gay, they might think he was being insincere. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well he was singing to them, I doubt many men are called Mandy or Lola.

Yes, but if they knew he was gay, they might think he was being insincere. Laughing

You only have to look at his little face to see the sincerity.

Anyway, being gay doesn't curtail some of the best singers popularity...George Micheal, Elton John, Cliff (maybe he will come out one day) Will Young...loads more, they seem to get even more attention from women once they come out.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, but if they knew he was gay, they might think he was being insincere. Laughing

You only have to look at his little face to see the sincerity.

Anyway, being gay doesn't curtail some of the best singers popularity...George Micheal, Elton John, Cliff (maybe he will come out one day) Will Young...loads more, they seem to get even more attention from women once they come out.

Well he clearly wasn't being sincere if he's gay.

George Michael had the same issue when he was in Wham.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Barry who...!?


Only joking...


But this is old news...


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034273/Shocked-news-Barry-Manilow-s-married-man-MICHAEL-THORNTON-wasn-t-s-why.html


Maybe he's bankrupt again and trying to generate a bit of publicity to get some people downloading some of his old shitty tunes that he never wrote...


Publicity stunt alert!!!

lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20444
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

You only have to look at his little face to see the sincerity.

Anyway, being gay doesn't curtail some of the best singers popularity...George Micheal, Elton John, Cliff (maybe he will come out one day) Will Young...loads more, they seem to get even more attention from women once they come out.

Well he clearly wasn't being sincere if he's gay.

George Michael had the same issue when he was in Wham.

Artistic licence Rags....everyones at it.

Actually, reading about George Micheal, he really struggled with his homosexuality.
Remember when he was caught in the loo by an LA cop? he made a video about it making fun of the whole thing.
Friends are now saying it affected him deeply, and even though fans accepted him for exactly who he was he never accepted himself.

Elton denied his sexuality for many years, he even married a woman before he came out, she had no knowledge of his homosexuality, obviously that marriage ended in disaster.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Well he said he didn't come out because he didn't want to disappoint his fans - probably because they're mostly women.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Barry who...!?


Only joking...


But this is old news...


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034273/Shocked-news-Barry-Manilow-s-married-man-MICHAEL-THORNTON-wasn-t-s-why.html


Maybe he's bankrupt again and trying to generate a bit of publicity to get some people downloading some of his old shitty tunes that he never wrote...


Publicity stunt alert!!!

lol!

You are such a cynic.
I believe he just wants to be himself. He is 73, don't you think its time he proudly proclaims who he is now....maybe he got sick of pretending.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well he said he didn't come out because he didn't want to disappoint his fans - probably because they're mostly women.

My OH likes him. Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Publicity stunt alert!!!

lol!

You are such a cynic.
I believe he just wants to be himself. He is 73, don't you think its time he proudly proclaims who he is now....maybe he got sick of pretending.

Why is it anyone else's business?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

You are such a cynic.
I believe he just wants to be himself. He is 73, don't you think its time he proudly proclaims who he is now....maybe he got sick of pretending.

Why is it anyone else's business?

It isn't....but he obviously wanted to tell everyone.

It must be hard pretending to be something you are not all your life.
I applaud him and I think its taken courage.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why is it anyone else's business?

It isn't....but he obviously wanted to tell everyone.

It must be hard pretending to be something you are not all your life.
I applaud him and I think its taken courage.

Being gay is no big deal though. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me either way. I liked a few of his songs, and I went to see him once.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

It isn't....but he obviously wanted to tell everyone.

It must be hard pretending to be something you are not all your life.
I applaud him and I think its taken courage.

Being gay is no big deal though. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me either way. I liked a few of his songs, and I went to see him once.

It was obviously a big deal to him.

I would love to see him live, did he get anyone up to dance when you saw him? He makes a feature of that often when he is performing live.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Being gay is no big deal though. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me either way. I liked a few of his songs, and I went to see him once.

It was obviously a big deal to him.

I would love to see him live, did he get anyone up to dance when you saw him? He makes a feature of that often when he is performing live.

I can't remember. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

It was obviously a big deal to him.

I would love to see him live, did he get anyone up to dance when you saw him? He makes a feature of that often when he is performing live.

I can't remember. Laughing

It obviously wasn't you then. Cool

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:17 pm



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034273/Shocked-news-Barry-Manilow-s-married-man-MICHAEL-THORNTON-wasn-t-s-why.html


This was news 2 years ago!!!


And I think it was a little while after he released a new album that was a complete flop!!!


I reckon it's all a record company publicity stunt to drum up a bit of business!!!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20444
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:23 pm

So what is this thread about?


Really?

For some, coming out is not a big deal, really?

Is it because some in society will not accept them?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Thorin wrote:So what is this thread about?



It's about Barry Manilow revealing that he's gay. Can't you read?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:So what is this thread about?



It's about Barry Manilow revealing that he's gay. Can't you read?


You claimed it was not a big deal

How would you know?

Are you gay?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's about Barry Manilow revealing that he's gay. Can't you read?


You claimed it was not a big deal

How would you know?

Are you gay?

I don't think it is a big deal. Deal with it.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


You claimed it was not a big deal

How would you know?

Are you gay?

I don't think it is a big deal. Deal with it.


Spoken like a true bigot

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by eddie on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:44 pm

How was she bigoted?

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34837
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't think it is a big deal. Deal with it.


Spoken like a true bigot

You think that being gay is a bad thing then? I didn't know you were homophobic.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 pm

eddie wrote:How was she bigoted?


Okay Eddie

For some people they cannot come out.
Due to ostracizing from their families or friends or even worse the prospect of death.
To say its not a big deal shows how dumb some people are to understand the stigmas homosexuals face.

Is that a fair explanation to you?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 pm

BM clearly said that he didn't come out because he didn't want to disappoint his fans - nothing to do with family, friends, or death.

If you think that being gay is a big deal, you clearly think there's something wrong with it, which makes you homophobic.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:BM clearly said that he didn't come out because he didn't want to disappoint his fans - nothing to do with family, friends, or death.

If you think that being gay is a big deal, you clearly think there's something wrong with it, which makes you homophobic.


Do I?

Its people and what they think of the person that can be the big deal

He has lots of female fans

So no doubt he is fearful of losing them, because he is gay

So its only you that cannot think.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by eddie on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:How was she bigoted?


Okay Eddie

For some people they cannot come out.
Due to ostracizing from their families or friends or even worse the prospect of death.
To say its not a big deal shows how dumb some people are to understand the stigmas homosexuals face.

Is that a fair explanation to you?

Calm down I'm not looking for a fight.

Yes that's a good explanation of explaining your point but I don't think she's a bigot.

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34837
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:BM clearly said that he didn't come out because he didn't want to disappoint his fans - nothing to do with family, friends, or death.

If you think that being gay is a big deal, you clearly think there's something wrong with it, which makes you homophobic.


Do I?

Its people and what they think of the person that can be the big deal

He has lots of female fans

So no doubt he is fearful of losing them, because he is gay

So its only you that cannot think.

That doesn't alter the fact that you're homophobic.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Do I?

Its people and what they think of the person that can be the big deal

He has lots of female fans

So no doubt he is fearful of losing them, because he is gay

So its only you that cannot think.

That doesn't alter the fact that you're homophobic.


How so?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That doesn't alter the fact that you're homophobic.


How so?

Because you think that being gay is a big deal. Are you afraid of gay people?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


How so?

Because you think that being gay is a big deal. Are you afraid of gay people?


That is not what i said, I said, coming out can be a big deal based on the situation.

Even based on your view, how does that make me anti gay, to think being gay is a big deal?

PMSL

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Because you think that being gay is a big deal. Are you afraid of gay people?


That is not what i said, I said, coming out can be a big deal based on the situation.

Even based on your view, how does that make me anti gay, to think being gay is a big deal?

PMSL

I didn't say that coming out wasn't a big deal, I said that being gay isn't a big deal.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


That is not what i said, I said, coming out can be a big deal based on the situation.

Even based on your view, how does that make me anti gay, to think being gay is a big deal?

PMSL

I didn't say that coming out wasn't a big deal, I said that being gay isn't a big deal.


Its not a big deal.

Can people openly say they are gay in Gaza?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I didn't say that coming out wasn't a big deal, I said that being gay isn't a big deal.


Its not a big deal.

Can people openly say they are gay in Gaza?

He's not in Gaza ...

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Its not a big deal.

Can people openly say they are gay in Gaza?

He's not in Gaza ...


If he was?

Would it be a big deal?

Would he be able to live?

Would he even be respected in many parts of the US south?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He's not in Gaza ...


If he was?

Would it be a big deal?

Would he be able to live?

Would he even be respected in many parts of the US south?

Well he's not. He clearly explained why he didn't say he was gay before - because he didn't want to disappoint his fans.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


If he was?

Would it be a big deal?

Would he be able to live?

Would he even be respected in many parts of the US south?

Well he's not. He clearly explained why he didn't say he was gay before - because he didn't want to disappoint his fans.


Yes his many female fans

Hence it was a very big deal to come out for him, as he stood to lose many fans, if they did not like he was gay.

Can you not grasp that?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:22 pm

I think the fact that it was announced in the news 2 years ago that he had married a man might have been a bit of a give away that he was homosexual...


This is all just publicity stunt to generate some sales of music downloads...!!!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20444
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Manilow reveals he is gay.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum