Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:34 pm

A Sky News Australia host has been fired after he called a high school student “gay” for supporting women’s rights. Mark Latham, former leader of the Australian Labor Party, was sacked after an on-air discussion about an International Women’s Day video created by pupils at Sydney Boys High School. In the video, male pupils read statements from women and girls about why feminism is important to them. But in a chat with ‘Outsiders’ co-host Ross Cameron, Latham attacked the boys, saying they had made themselves “undateable because “left [leaning] women think they are hopeless, misogynists, toxic culture”. 


“And sensible girls out in the suburbs would think they’re absolutely wallies.”
The 56-year-old then added: “I thought the first guy was gay. Maybe that’s all they’ve got left now.”
In a statement on Twitter, CEO of Australian News Channel Angelos Frangopoulos said: “While we support strong opinions and robust arguments we pride ourselves in doing so in a civil and respectful manner.”  


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mark-latham-sacked-sky-news-student-gay-womens-rights_uk_58dbc3bce4b0cb23e65d42e9?utm_hp_ref=uk

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Syl on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Ive never heard of him, but good riddance, one less male chauvinist pig in a position of power.


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17067
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Syl wrote:Ive never heard of him, but good riddance, one less male chauvinist pig in a position of power.


lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Syl on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:54 pm

I know...I love that picture. /\. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17067
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by eddie on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:41 am

That pig has great teeth.

What a waste.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36207
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:30 am

Cool

Mark Latham's a knob...

Silly git has got himself into strife before by speaking out without thinking first..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6427
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:07 am

he hasn't had Power for more than a Decade
Sky news is not even a main stream Channel

he is weird he got toppled after Failing to Defeat Howard and then seemed so go Ultra Right Wing out of Spite

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18753
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Syl on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:31 pm

eddie wrote:That pig has great teeth.

What a waste.

I hate to break this to you Eddie, but I think they may be false. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17067
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:25 pm



Maybe people should see a bit more of what this 'boys school feminism video' was all about, and hear how the boys attempts at being pro-feminist were roundly criticised by females... and then see what was actually said about it all by the 3 guys on the show that latham was part of...!!!


https://youtu.be/-Wwv3Nhtf4Y




lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21190
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:30 pm

"Gay dickheads"?

So your response is by some girls who hate gays?
Or just actually some Aussie men who make views in that video?

Where is the women's voices in that video?

Talk about an own goal by Tommy, and clearly he never watched it .


lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:54 pm



First thing is that the original 'pro feminist' video was made by a bunch of over privileged boys from an exclusive 'all boys school'...!!!


Secondly... it was ridiculed by females for the sheer hypocrisy of trying to sound 'pro female' while being in a school that accepts only male students!!!


Then the whole thing was laughted about by the 3 on the sky show!!!

The show that was created to make light hearted comedy out of the real left wing pc waffle madness that exists in society!!!


Everyone should watch the video and see for themselves what the real truth is!!!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21190
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

First thing is that the original 'pro feminist' video was made by a bunch of over privileged boys from an exclusive 'all boys school'...!!!


Secondly... it was ridiculed by females for the sheer hypocrisy of trying to sound 'pro female' while being in a school that accepts only male students!!!


Then the whole thing was laughted about by the 3 on the sky show!!!

The show that was created to make light hearted comedy out of the real left wing pc waffle madness that exists in society!!!


Everyone should watch the video and see for themselves what the real truth is!!!


lol!


1) It was ridiculed by some Aussie men in your video?

scratch 

2) Second, that now any man that defends women is some how gay. So to Tommy, any man that stands up for the rights of women in Muslim majority countries is gay?

scratch

3) So I agree an all boys schools is wrong, but how does that make the boys gay, simple for standing up for women's rights? Or is it okay to cast someone gay for how they look.

4) So Tommy must be gay, because I have decided he is hypothetically? 

Is he happy with this?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:19 pm

The first boy in clip was talking about having sex with men...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21190
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The first boy in clip was talking about having sex with men...




And, how does that make boys from an all boys school gay by looks?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:32 pm

I presume he said that about the first guy because he said a guy wanted to have sex with him. Of course, that wouldn't make him gay because he said he didn't want to have sex with the guy.


Last edited by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:33 pm

It doesn't... latham said (in context) that he 'thought the first boy was gay'... and as the first boy was clearly talking about 'having sex with men'... then what is wrong with latham's light hearted and humorous comment in the show that was specifically designed to be light hearted and humorous...!!!???


Watch the video of the facts that I posted earlier!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21190
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Jules on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Thorin wrote:A Sky News Australia host has been fired after he called a high school student “gay” for supporting women’s rights. Mark Latham, former leader of the Australian Labor Party, was sacked after an on-air discussion about an International Women’s Day video created by pupils at Sydney Boys High School. In the video, male pupils read statements from women and girls about why feminism is important to them. But in a chat with ‘Outsiders’ co-host Ross Cameron, Latham attacked the boys, saying they had made themselves “undateable because “left [leaning] women think they are hopeless, misogynists, toxic culture”. 


“And sensible girls out in the suburbs would think they’re absolutely wallies.”
The 56-year-old then added: “I thought the first guy was gay. Maybe that’s all they’ve got left now.”
In a statement on Twitter, CEO of Australian News Channel Angelos Frangopoulos said: “While we support strong opinions and robust arguments we pride ourselves in doing so in a civil and respectful manner.”  


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mark-latham-sacked-sky-news-student-gay-womens-rights_uk_58dbc3bce4b0cb23e65d42e9?utm_hp_ref=uk

Well done to these boys who are so confident and emotionally secure in themselves that they have no need to put anyone down in order to feel good about themselves. Being considerate towards women does not make a man a pushover or doormat.

I pity anyone who has a compulsive need to go round belittling gays, ethnics, women, etc - especially those who make a flipping career out of it. Something must have gone very wrong in their upbringing. By the same token I see a considerate, thoughtful man and think. "My God, your mum did a brilliant job there".


avatar
Jules

Posts : 2689
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It doesn't... latham said (in context) that he 'thought the first boy was gay'... and as the first boy was clearly talking about 'having sex with men'... then what is wrong with latham's light hearted and humorous comment in the show that was specifically designed to be light hearted and humorous...!!!???


Watch the video of the facts that I posted earlier!!!



I did watch it Tommy - that's why I commented.

Oh I see - you were talking to didgey. Laughing


Last edited by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Jules on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Feminism means equal opportunities and fairness for women. And as most people agree with this, it follows that most people are 'feminists' by definition. It is first and foremost an ideology, not a political movement.

_________________
Life: too short and too precious to waste it among trolls. 
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2689
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:A Sky News Australia host has been fired after he called a high school student “gay” for supporting women’s rights. Mark Latham, former leader of the Australian Labor Party, was sacked after an on-air discussion about an International Women’s Day video created by pupils at Sydney Boys High School. In the video, male pupils read statements from women and girls about why feminism is important to them. But in a chat with ‘Outsiders’ co-host Ross Cameron, Latham attacked the boys, saying they had made themselves “undateable because “left [leaning] women think they are hopeless, misogynists, toxic culture”. 


“And sensible girls out in the suburbs would think they’re absolutely wallies.”
The 56-year-old then added: “I thought the first guy was gay. Maybe that’s all they’ve got left now.”
In a statement on Twitter, CEO of Australian News Channel Angelos Frangopoulos said: “While we support strong opinions and robust arguments we pride ourselves in doing so in a civil and respectful manner.”  


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mark-latham-sacked-sky-news-student-gay-womens-rights_uk_58dbc3bce4b0cb23e65d42e9?utm_hp_ref=uk

Well done to these  boys who are so confident and emotionally secure in themselves that they have no need to put anyone down in order to feel good about themselves. Being considerate towards women does not make a man a  pushover or doormat.  

I pity anyone who has a compulsive need to go round belittling gays, ethnics, women, etc  - especially those who make a flipping career out of it. Something must have gone very wrong in their upbringing.  By the same token I see a considerate, thoughtful man and think. "My God, your mum did a brilliant job there".




+1

Its good to see Sky dissociating with dinosaurs.
Now if boys talk about men having sex they must be gay, I mean how does that work?  scratch
So conversations about sex is a reason to cast now people gay?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Jules on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:40 pm

T. Y. Thorin! cheers

_________________
Life: too short and too precious to waste it among trolls. 
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2689
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:41 pm

So why is it bad to call someone gay?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So why is it bad to call someone gay?


Are you a Lesbian?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So why is it bad to call someone gay?


Are you a Lesbian?

As a matter of fact, I'm not.

Next!

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Sacking someone for saying they thought someone was gay is implying that being gay is a bad thing, yes?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Are you a Lesbian?

As a matter of fact, I'm not.

Next!


So you would be okay with all posters calling you gay then?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Sacking someone for saying they thought someone was gay is implying that being gay is a bad thing, yes?


Is it okay to call heterosexuals then gay?

Nobody is saying being gay is bad, what is being said, is that someone who is not gay, but being cast as gay by  their looks and views is a piss poor stereotype

Would you feel fine that someone claims you look like a tranny?

Does that mean being a tranny is bad?

No

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:A Sky News Australia host has been fired after he called a high school student “gay” for supporting women’s rights. Mark Latham, former leader of the Australian Labor Party, was sacked after an on-air discussion about an International Women’s Day video created by pupils at Sydney Boys High School. In the video, male pupils read statements from women and girls about why feminism is important to them. But in a chat with ‘Outsiders’ co-host Ross Cameron, Latham attacked the boys, saying they had made themselves “undateable because “left [leaning] women think they are hopeless, misogynists, toxic culture”. 


“And sensible girls out in the suburbs would think they’re absolutely wallies.”
The 56-year-old then added: “I thought the first guy was gay. Maybe that’s all they’ve got left now.”
In a statement on Twitter, CEO of Australian News Channel Angelos Frangopoulos said: “While we support strong opinions and robust arguments we pride ourselves in doing so in a civil and respectful manner.”  


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mark-latham-sacked-sky-news-student-gay-womens-rights_uk_58dbc3bce4b0cb23e65d42e9?utm_hp_ref=uk

Well done to these  boys who are so confident and emotionally secure in themselves that they have no need to put anyone down in order to feel good about themselves. Being considerate towards women does not make a man a  pushover or doormat.  

I pity anyone who has a compulsive need to go round belittling gays, ethnics, women, etc  - especially those who make a flipping career out of it. Something must have gone very wrong in their upbringing.  By the same token I see a considerate, thoughtful man and think. "My God, your mum did a brilliant job there".




Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!


What a twat!!!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21190
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:

Well done to these  boys who are so confident and emotionally secure in themselves that they have no need to put anyone down in order to feel good about themselves. Being considerate towards women does not make a man a  pushover or doormat.  

I pity anyone who has a compulsive need to go round belittling gays, ethnics, women, etc  - especially those who make a flipping career out of it. Something must have gone very wrong in their upbringing.  By the same token I see a considerate, thoughtful man and think. "My God, your mum did a brilliant job there".




Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!


What a twat!!!


lol!


Nobody is saying all mothers and fathers are considerate, but the telling point here is, are you arguing against them being so?

I mean seriously evolution is based on a considerate parent or parents, as we would not have survived without them

You just made yourself look the twat

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

As a matter of fact, I'm not.

Next!


So you would be okay with all posters calling you gay then?

They would be factually incorrect, so why would they call me gay?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Sacking someone for saying they thought someone was gay is implying that being gay is a bad thing, yes?


Is it okay to call heterosexuals then gay?

Nobody is saying being gay is bad, what is being said, is that someone who is not gay, but being cast as gay by  their looks and views is a piss poor stereotype

Would you feel fine that someone claims you look like a tranny?

Does that mean being a tranny is bad?

No

He said he thought the chap was gay because he was talking about a man wanting to have sex with him. It seems obvious to me.

Anyway, I don't know any of these people and they're Aussies, so ...

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:

Well done to these  boys who are so confident and emotionally secure in themselves that they have no need to put anyone down in order to feel good about themselves. Being considerate towards women does not make a man a  pushover or doormat.  

I pity anyone who has a compulsive need to go round belittling gays, ethnics, women, etc  - especially those who make a flipping career out of it. Something must have gone very wrong in their upbringing.  By the same token I see a considerate, thoughtful man and think. "My God, your mum did a brilliant job there".




Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!


What a twat!!!


lol!

Indeed - it's sexist to assume that a woman brought the kid up. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Is it okay to call heterosexuals then gay?

Nobody is saying being gay is bad, what is being said, is that someone who is not gay, but being cast as gay by  their looks and views is a piss poor stereotype

Would you feel fine that someone claims you look like a tranny?

Does that mean being a tranny is bad?

No

He said he thought the chap was gay because he was talking about a man wanting to have sex with him. It seems obvious to me.

Anyway, I don't know any of these people and they're Aussies, so ...


Really?

So men have wanted to have sex with me, does that make me gay?

errrrrrrrrrrr no

So the what I want to know is if you are okay if then people refer to you as a lesbian?

I wont, but, will you like it?>

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!


What a twat!!!


lol!

Indeed - it's sexist to assume that a woman brought the kid up. Laughing


How is that sexist in the context of a single parent who is a mum?

Is he wrong to assume this?

If he is wrong, then is not the father in tune with feminism?

Take your time


Last edited by Thorin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He said he thought the chap was gay because he was talking about a man wanting to have sex with him. It seems obvious to me.

Anyway, I don't know any of these people and they're Aussies, so ...


Really?

So men have wanted to have sex with me, does that make me gay?

errrrrrrrrrrr no

So the what I want to know is if you are okay if then people refer to you as a lesbian?

I wont, but, will you like it?>

It would be very off topic for them to do so.

I already pointed out that the guy said he didn't want to have sex with the other guy who wanted to have sex with him.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Indeed - it's sexist to assume that a woman brought the kid up. Laughing


How is that sexist in the context of a single parent who is a mum?

Is he wrong to assume this?

If he is wrong, then is not the father in tune with feminism?

Take your time

How do you know that his parent is a single mum?

You're talking gibberish again.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Really?

So men have wanted to have sex with me, does that make me gay?

errrrrrrrrrrr no

So the what I want to know is if you are okay if then people refer to you as a lesbian?

I wont, but, will you like it?>

It would be very off topic for them to do so.

I already pointed out that the guy said he didn't want to have sex with the other guy who wanted to have sex with him.


It was off topic to accuse the boy of then being gay.

You just proved that

So how was it okay for the Aussie sky presenter to call him gay?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


How is that sexist in the context of a single parent who is a mum?

Is he wrong to assume this?

If he is wrong, then is not the father in tune with feminism?

Take your time

How do you know that his parent is a single mum?

You're talking gibberish again.


He dos not have to be if you read my point

I did say if he is wrong to assume, would the father not then support feminism?

Take your time again

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:24 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It would be very off topic for them to do so.

I already pointed out that the guy said he didn't want to have sex with the other guy who wanted to have sex with him.


It was off topic to accuse the boy of then being gay.

You just proved that

So how was it okay for the Aussie sky presenter to call him gay?

I didn't "accuse" anyone of being gay. The whole topic is about the Aussie saying he thought the boy was gay, so it's not off topic, It would, however, be off topic for people to call me a lesbian as it's not relevant to the topic.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

How do you know that his parent is a single mum?

You're talking gibberish again.


He dos not have to be if you read my point

I did say if he is wrong to assume, would the father not then support feminism?

Take your time again

Do you say that in your sleep?

Your post is utter gibberish, and makes no sense. I'll stick to discussing it with Tommy.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


It was off topic to accuse the boy of then being gay.

You just proved that

So how was it okay for the Aussie sky presenter to call him gay?

I didn't "accuse" anyone of being gay. The whole topic is about the Aussie saying he thought the boy was gay, so it's not off topic, It would, however, be off topic for people to call me a lesbian as it's not relevant to the topic.


So is that not accusing?

Doh

Is he not then stereotyping the boy based off an all boys school and his looks?

Take your time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


He dos not have to be if you read my point

I did say if he is wrong to assume, would the father not then support feminism?

Take your time again

Do you say that in your sleep?

Your post is utter gibberish, and makes no sense. I'll stick to discussing it with Tommy.


So Rags premise comes back to haunt her, she must have a sickness of the mind.

lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:34 pm

The boy was saying there was a guy who decided that he would have sex with him... but he didn't want to...

Which leaves open the possibility that had he wanted to, he would have... or that had it been a different guy then that would also be a consideration for him...


Latham said he thought that boy sounded like he might have been gay... because he was talking about maybe having gay sex with men!!!


That is a perfectly reasonable assumption based on the statement made by the boy himself!!!


And the context of the show was to make light hearted humour about pc nonsense...!!!


Job done!!!


Not a sacking offence by any measure!!!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21190
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:38 pm

PMSL

If sky wants to sack people for poor unfounded assumptions and stereotypes

They can

Job done


Last edited by Thorin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The boy was saying there was a guy who decided that he would have sex with him... but he didn't want to...

Which leaves open the possibility that had he wanted to, he would have... or that had it been a different guy then that would also be a consideration for him...


Latham said he thought that boy sounded like he might have been gay... because he was talking about maybe having gay sex with men!!!


That is a perfectly reasonable assumption based on the statement made by the boy himself!!!


And the context of the show was to make light hearted humour about pc nonsense...!!!


Job done!!!


Not a sacking offence by any measure!!!

lol!

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The boy was saying there was a guy who decided that he would have sex with him... but he didn't want to...

Which leaves open the possibility that had he wanted to, he would have... or that had it been a different guy then that would also be a consideration for him...


Latham said he thought that boy sounded like he might have been gay... because he was talking about maybe having gay sex with men!!!


That is a perfectly reasonable assumption based on the statement made by the boy himself!!!


And the context of the show was to make light hearted humour about pc nonsense...!!!


Job done!!!


Not a sacking offence by any measure!!!

lol!


"Sounded like he might be gay"

Where is even the measure to cast someone sounding gay?

More sterotypes

PMSL

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Jules on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:

Well done to these  boys who are so confident and emotionally secure in themselves that they have no need to put anyone down in order to feel good about themselves. Being considerate towards women does not make a man a  pushover or doormat.  

I pity anyone who has a compulsive need to go round belittling gays, ethnics, women, etc  - especially those who make a flipping career out of it. Something must have gone very wrong in their upbringing.  By the same token I see a considerate, thoughtful man and think. "My God, your mum did a brilliant job there".




Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!


What a twat!!!


lol!

Strange that you get so excited when I wasn't even addressing you. You even lowered yourself to using the SXHRB comeback you're normally so snobbish about. Let alone the juvenile name callling.


Maybe there is something in my original comment that is close to home eh Tommy? Close to home as in spot on, you know, as in .... >> >>



Hmmmm.
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2689
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!


What a twat!!!


lol!

Strange that you get so excited when I wasn't even addressing you. You even lowered yourself to using the SXHRB comeback you're normally so snobbish about. Let alone the juvenile name callling.


Maybe there is something in my original comment that is close to home eh Tommy?  Close to home as in spot on, you know, as in .... >> >>



Hmmmm.


I actually spat out my food laughing.


lol!

Brilliant, night Jules

All the best

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Syl on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Has everyone missed the point or have I interpreted the video wrongly?

The boy is not saying a guy wanted to have sex with him, he is quoting a womans words, like they all are.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17067
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:48 pm

Syl wrote:Has everyone missed the point or have I interpreted the video wrongly?

The boy is not saying a guy wanted to have sex with him, he is quoting a womans words, like they all are.

Yes Syl - just having a bit of fun. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31685
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum