Muslim women dressed in headscarves stand hand-in-hand on Westminster Bridge in solidarity with the victims of London terror attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Muslim women dressed in headscarves stand hand-in-hand on Westminster Bridge in solidarity with the victims of London terror attack

Post by eddie on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:56 am

Muslim women stood hand-in-hand with others on Westminster Bridge in a show of solidarity with the victims of Wednesday's terror attack.

A group of women, who said they were wearing blue as a symbol of hope, stood holding hands for five minutes on Westminster Bridge as Big Ben chimed 4pm.

People from a range of backgrounds joined the event, organised by Women's March On London.

Three members of the public died after Khalid Masood sped along the bridge before storming the parliamentary estate and stabbing PC Keith Palmer to death.

Fariha Khan, 40, a GP from Surbiton, said: 'The feeling of what happened here on Wednesday was really strong.

'We thought of the ordinary people who were here and were mown down, standing here like this, it was very overwhelming.'

She was joined by fellow Ahmadiyya Muslims who said they wanted to add to the condemnation of the violent attack and stand defiant in the face of terrorism.

Sarah Waseem, 57, from Surrey, said: 'When an attack happens in London, it is an attack on me.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4350946/Muslim-women-stand-solidarity-London-terror-victims.html#ixzz4cT5E003a

Good for these women! What a powerful statement.

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim women dressed in headscarves stand hand-in-hand on Westminster Bridge in solidarity with the victims of London terror attack

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 am

I know it is a bit sexist, But I think the key to converting British Muslims to more secular ideals is through their women.
the strongest voices against the Islamic hill shepherds down here is often Muslim women..

I think it really reflects on the true fact that despite rhetoric 'People are people' and everyone has a mother...
Plus guys will do whatever to impresses the lady they are sweet on Cool Cool Cool Cool

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim women dressed in headscarves stand hand-in-hand on Westminster Bridge in solidarity with the victims of London terror attack

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:56 am

notice these are "Ahmadiyya Muslims"

that matters

they are not "SHIA" OR "WAHABI" OR "SUNNI"

They are a small "sect" which the other 3 persecute mercilessly given half a chance

their views are often very peaceable and thus out of step with "mainstream Muslims"

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:13 am

" Guff"

Will spew Tommy.

Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Lord Foul wrote:notice these are "Ahmadiyya Muslims"

that matters

they are not "SHIA" OR "WAHABI" OR "SUNNI"

They are a small "sect" which the other 3 persecute mercilessly given half a chance

their views are often very peaceable and thus out of step with "mainstream Muslims"

Well spotted!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Angry Andy wrote:" Guff"

Will spew Tommy.

Nope...

I say...

It's only a few!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top