Can we please remember manners and respect

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by eddie on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's all starting again with the abuse among several members.

If we all remember to respect each other and each other's countries and lives, I'm sure we will find that we get respect back.

Let's rise above abuse and silly tit for tat posts that are boring for the rest of the forum to read. It simply just disrupts genuine debate and the flow of conversation.

Draw a line. Move on and embrace the change of answering the post and not the poster.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:40 pm

nicko wrote:You asked for it, I risked my life defending my country and you trashed it !!

I asked for it? How, exactly?
I never asked you to do anything for your country Nicko and I haven't "trashed" anything.

You think I deserved what you said?

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:46 pm

eddie wrote:Why do I care what other people think of the country I live in? I didn't give birth to it nor did I marry it.
WTF? It's a piece of FUCKING land that you happen to be on because that's where your mum pushed you out of her vagina.

It's really that fucking simple.

You're all a bunch of fuckwits for even caring about "your country"

Know what? Should've been spelled "C u n t r y" because fighting over it turns people into c unts.


I disagree eddie... for the overwhelming vast majority of us it is the nation of our ancestors and where they have built it up over centuries to what it is today, to be passed on to us enjoy the fruits of their labour, and to also protect and preserve and pass on to our descendants...


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20877
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Original Quill on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:49 pm

nicko wrote:You asked for it, I risked my life defending my country and you trashed it !!

You did not defend Britain.  No foreign army has been on British soil since 1797:

Wiki wrote:The Battle of Fishguard was a military invasion of Great Britain by Revolutionary France during the War of the First Coalition. The brief campaign, on 22 – 24 February 1797, is the most recent landing on British soil by a hostile foreign force, and thus is often referred to as the "last invasion of Britain". The French General Lazare Hoche had devised a three-pronged attack on Britain in support of the Society of United Irishmen. Two forces would land in Britain as a diversionary effort, while the main body would land in Ireland. Adverse weather and ill-discipline halted two of the forces but the third, aimed at landing in Wales and marching on Bristol, went ahead.

 Be honest, nicko...were you at the Battle of Fishguard?  What you have been doing is invading other countries, putting their lives at risk.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25091
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Don't be stupid Quill.

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20877
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Of course some British/English people will defend their country. It's their history and their ethnicity, and some people have fought to defend it. If others want to trash it, they'll probably get some stick back, especially if they claim their country is so much better, and especially if they've never lived here but think they know everything about it.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31029
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:26 pm

eddie wrote:
nicko wrote:So eddie,   we know where you stand,   no wonder you let them walk all over us.    Go and lick their arses some more, you seem to enjoy it .   So the hundreds and thousands of Soldiers who died to keep this country free mean nothing to you, disgusting piece of trash,   all you think of is a good time and sex, go piss on a war Memorial that's all your good for.  

Well it's nice to know you have me wrapped up so neatly, Nicko.  

And it's fucking nice that you don't read ever my words so you know what I'm really about, you just judge me like that. Oh well.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:32 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:
Obvious who the culprits are.

cyclops

Of course we do know who they are...

Let's just ask why three or four English nongs on here saw fit to derail, deflect and misdirect a couple of threads on child abuse a few days ago..

They like to continually point the finger at me, veya, Andy, Quill, even Ben...

And yet each of their mob causes more disruptions than the rest of us combined  !

Yes, let's ask which threads you're banging on about?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31029
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:18 pm

nicko wrote:So eddie,   we know where you stand,   no wonder you let them walk all over us.    Go and lick their arses some more, you seem to enjoy it .   So the hundreds and thousands of Soldiers who died to keep this country free mean nothing to you, disgusting piece of trash,   all you think of is a good time and sex, go piss on a war Memorial that's all your good for.  


Come on nicko... I know you're a bit browned off with some of the comments here, but that is a bit strong and a little undignified a response for a gentleman such as yourself, don't you think...?


Although I agree that the younger generation do seem to take things for granted and show a lack of respect and appreciation for the 1st world surroundings and freedoms and liberties they inhabit here and enjoy... Maybe because they haven't had to give any of the blood/sweat/tears our ancestors did in building/creating it all and/or having to fight for it/defend it...!?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20877
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:20 pm

Thank you Tommy. You really do stand up for what you believe in and I respect that more than you will ever know.

You get my thanks and a green - and that's a first for me.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by magica on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course some British/English people will defend their country. It's their history and their ethnicity, and some people have fought to defend it. If others want to trash it, they'll probably get some stick back, especially if they claim their country is so much better, and especially if they've never lived here but think they know everything about it.  

Well said Rags. Fed up with people who don't live here rubbishing our country. alien
avatar
magica

Posts : 2974
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:Why do I care what other people think of the country I live in? I didn't give birth to it nor did I marry it.
WTF? It's a piece of FUCKING land that you happen to be on because that's where your mum pushed you out of her vagina.

It's really that fucking simple.

You're all a bunch of fuckwits for even caring about "your country"

Know what? Should've been spelled "C u n t r y" because fighting over it turns people into c unts.


I disagree eddie... for the overwhelming vast majority of us it is the nation of our ancestors and where they have built it up over centuries to what it is today, to be passed on to us enjoy the fruits of their labour, and to also protect and preserve and pass on to our descendants...



I still disagree with your overtly blasé attitude above eddie, and for the reasons given here as well as I earlier outlined in my reply to nicko.



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20877
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Jules on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:04 pm

nicko wrote:So eddie,   we know where you stand,   no wonder you let them walk all over us.    Go and lick their arses some more, you seem to enjoy it .   So the hundreds and thousands of Soldiers who died to keep this country free mean nothing to you, disgusting piece of trash,   all you think of is a good time and sex, go piss on a war Memorial that's all your good for.  

Oooh I see the ''good manners'' thread is going down a storm. lovey eyes

Sod's law - make a thread about manners & respect and you can bet your boots that it will get peppered with angry profanities & obscenities.
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2570
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Jules on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:09 pm

eddie wrote: ....

Know what? Should've been spelled "C u n t r y" because fighting over it turns people into c unts.

Hi Eddie,  believe it or not, country did indeed used to be spelled c'u'n't'ry. Maybe things will go round full circle one day & you will get your wish!


See,  like most olde worlde englishe  words, its spelling later changed, -  and an 'o' was thrown into the spelling either through natural evolution, OR ... to 'soften'  the obscene conotations - I know not the exact reason.


Originally it was c'u'n't'ree (old french) then it became c'u'n't'ry, then finally country. Alarmingly enough, in many northern regions of England the word is still pronounced c''u''n''t''r''y'  as they pronounce their vowels differently up here,  creating instant horror or mirth amongst  unsuspecting southern visitors unused to the local accents.


So there ya go.


Last edited by Jules on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2570
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Jules wrote:
nicko wrote:So eddie,   we know where you stand,   no wonder you let them walk all over us.    Go and lick their arses some more, you seem to enjoy it .   So the hundreds and thousands of Soldiers who died to keep this country free mean nothing to you, disgusting piece of trash,   all you think of is a good time and sex, go piss on a war Memorial that's all your good for.  

Oooh I see the ''good manners'' thread is going down a storm. lovey eyes

Sod's law - make a thread about manners & respect and you can bet your boots that it will get peppered with angry  profanities & obscenities.

It's strange that you missed Wolfman's post.

Yeh right, you hypocritical and supercilious old toad...

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31029
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:17 pm


And maybe if you bothered to find out what happened to prompt the creation of this thread...

And looked to see who the instigators of abuse/insults were on this thread...


And then check out the recent posting history of the offenders...


You would be as bemused as the rest of us are as to why they are continually allowed to post such things without sanction from the admin team here...!?

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20877
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:Why do I care what other people think of the country I live in? I didn't give birth to it nor did I marry it.
WTF? It's a piece of FUCKING land that you happen to be on because that's where your mum pushed you out of her vagina.

It's really that fucking simple.

You're all a bunch of fuckwits for even caring about "your country"

Know what? Should've been spelled "C u n t r y" because fighting over it turns people into c unts.


I disagree eddie... for the overwhelming vast majority of us it is the nation of our ancestors and where they have built it up over centuries to what it is today, to be passed on to us enjoy the fruits of their labour, and to also protect and preserve and pass on to our descendants...



I still disagree with your overtly blasé attitude above eddie, and for the reasons given here as well as I earlier outlined in my reply to nicko.



I don't care that you disagree with my opinion Tommy. It's just an opinion.
I was thanking you for something else.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Jules on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Jules wrote:

Oooh I see the ''good manners'' thread is going down a storm. lovey eyes

Sod's law - make a thread about manners & respect and you can bet your boots that it will get peppered with angry  profanities & obscenities.

It's strange that you missed Wolfman's post.

Yeh right,  you hypocritical and supercilious old toad...

I did say ''peppered'' which implies that the thread was well, erm ...peppered, ie not just one single instance, but several and I picked the most telling example. It wasn't a criticism of him, I was just trying to lighten the mood, as is my wont.

Please do not seek to dictate how I ought to post, or seek to control me, as I have seen you criticise those very habits. Ta.
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2570
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Jules wrote:
eddie wrote: ....

Know what? Should've been spelled "C u n t r y" because fighting over it turns people into c unts.

Hi Eddie,  believe it or not, country did indeed used to be spelled c'u'n't'ry. Maybe things will go round full circle one day & you will get your wish!


See,  like most olde worlde englishe  words, its spelling later changed, -  and an 'o' was thrown into the spelling either through natural evolution, OR ... to 'soften'  the obscene conotations - I know not the exact reason.


Originally it was c'u'n't'ree (old french) then it became c'u'n't'ry, then finally country. Alarmingly enough, in many northern regions of England the word is still pronounced ''geranium''  as they pronounce their vowels differently up here,  creating instant horror or mirth amongst  unsuspecting southern visitors unused to the local accents.


So there ya go.

Thanks. That's helped me more than you could possibly imagine. Saved me going to google cos I was rather interested.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Jules wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's strange that you missed Wolfman's post.



I did say ''peppered'' which implies that the thread was well,  erm ...peppered, ie not just one single instance, but several and I picked the most telling example. It wasn't a criticism of him,  I was just trying to lighten the mood, as is my wont.

Please do not seek to dictate how I ought to post, or seek to control me,  as I have seen you criticise those very habits. Ta.

Just pointing out who started the abuse - in case you "missed" it.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31029
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Jules on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Hi Eddie,  believe it or not, country did indeed used to be spelled c'u'n't'ry. Maybe things will go round full circle one day & you will get your wish!


See,  like most olde worlde englishe  words, its spelling later changed, -  and an 'o' was thrown into the spelling either through natural evolution, OR ... to 'soften'  the obscene conotations - I know not the exact reason.


Originally it was c'u'n't'ree (old french) then it became c'u'n't'ry, then finally country. Alarmingly enough, in many northern regions of England the word is still pronounced ''c''u''n''t''r''y''  as they pronounce their vowels differently up here,  creating instant horror or mirth amongst  unsuspecting southern visitors unused to the local accents.


So there ya go.

Thanks. That's helped me more than you could possibly imagine. Saved me going to google cos I was rather interested.

I had to edit my post so many times cos the software stubbornly kept changing all the 'C' words to ''geranium''.    lol.   I hate the 'C' word myself tbh. I NEVER use it.



-----------------------------------

Anyway, there's more, eddie. I will put it in spoilers so as not to offend  sensibilities.


Spoiler:

Word has it that everytime maurading invaders invaded a country in past centuries, the military leader would carve  a notch on his bedpost.  Simlarly everytime these raping pillaging bandits violated a maiden of the invaded country, they would also carve a notch - so they started calling the ladypart the ''c'' word too, and that is how it got its name.

So there ya go. Again. Just trying to lighten the mood round here. I'm done now, I have always been passionate about the history of English language, the most beautiful and intriguing language there is.  Sorry to have interrupted the ongoing row.  cherry jocolor lol!
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2570
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:41 pm

That's okay, don't ever apologise for being fun.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


I still disagree with your overtly blasé attitude above eddie, and for the reasons given here as well as I earlier outlined in my reply to nicko.



I don't care that you disagree with my opinion Tommy.  It's just an opinion.
I was thanking you for something else.


I know...


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20877
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:56 pm

May as well lock this one up then. Looks to me like it cannot fulfil its purpose.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we please remember manners and respect

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum