Trump--Alzheimer's??

Go down

Trump--Alzheimer's??

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:42 pm

I have just posted the following on another thread.  Yet, I thought the issue of the minority president having alzheimer's important enough to warrant a thread of its own.

The reason I suggest Trump may have alzheimer's, is there is a deep need in Trump to have an adversary.  There are several symptoms of alzheimer's they watch for: aggression & anger; anxiety & agitation; depression; hallucinations; memory loss & confusion; repetition; sleep issues & sundowning; suspicion & delusions.  Trump seems to manifest several of these--memory loss, suspicion and repetition, to name a couple--but highest on the list are aggression, anger, suspicion and delusions.

Alzheimer's patients progress through three to seven stages:

Understanding Alzeheimer's wrote:As symptoms worsen over time, the disease will progress through 3 stages. In the early stage, you may notice some mild memory loss, but, as the disease progresses to the moderate and severe stages, you may notice new symptoms appear or existing ones worsen.

The moderate stage is often the longest stage, where your loved one will require a greater level of care and will typically experience the fastest rate of decline. Their symptoms will progress and you may notice new symptoms
According to a U.S.-based survey, nearly 50% of patients with Alzheimer's disease are already in the moderate to severe stages when diagnosed.

When they’ve progressed to the severe stage, they may lose the ability to perform daily activities, like carrying on a conversation or even being aware of their surroundings, and may be entirely dependent on your help

Hone in on the elements of aggression, anger, suspicion and delusions.  The first three demand a target, and the last explains the spontaneous generation of 'alternative facts' that is Trump's habit.  Having an enemy on which to focus seems to make Trump appear to make sense.  An enemy looks to help Trump to focus.  It's not merely personal enemies--although there are plenty of those--but large, abstract enemies like Mexicans, Muslims, the media, women, blacks and Washingtonians, among others.  

Having an enemy to attack appears to be the primary impetus of all of his ideas. The delusional nature of his 'facts' would appear to fit the theory perfectly.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump--Alzheimer's??

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I think its possible he does have the start of a mental illness, his actions and the way he puts across his words would imo point to that.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:12 pm

I see no evidence that he has Alzheimer's or any other mental illness. He's certainly quite aggressive, but isn't that how he became "powerful", rich, and famous in the first place?

If he does have it, will people stop berating him and calling him all sorts? After all, Alzheimer's is a devastating illness and not the fault of the person who has it.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 pm

But IF it transpires he has a mental disorder, be it altzheimers, dementia or senility, should he be promptly removed from power before he can do any further damage.
Perhaps he be be given psychological tests for any mental problems.
I wouldnt want a madman with a finger on the trigger. 
NIT would, but he ain't right either.

Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Angry Andy wrote:But IF it transpires he has a mental disorder, be it altzheimers, dementia or senility, should he be promptly removed from power before he can do any further damage.

I don't think you should be referring to someone with Altzheimer's as a "madman".

If he shows definite signs of it, he could undergo some testing I guess, but I don't know if anyone could force him to do that.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Oh for fuck's sake... Get over the fact that he's your President.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:52 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Oh for fuck's sake...  Get over the fact that he's your President.  

lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I see no evidence that he has Alzheimer's or any other mental illness. He's certainly quite aggressive, but isn't that how he became "powerful", rich, and famous in the first place?

If he does have it, will people stop berating him and calling him all sorts? After all, Alzheimer's is a devastating illness and not the fault of the person who has it.

There is a problem with American politics, in that once something or someone becomes politicized all of accumulated wisdom, including science and medicine, goes out the door. We see it today with Climate issues. We saw it in the past when cigarette manufacturers denied that nicotine is addictive. Even crimes, once politicized, are no longer crimes...look at Richard Cheney, one of the modern war criminals.

I think alzheimer's in an American president would be a serious matter. But it is ipso facto politicized. Ronald Reagan was struck with alzheimer's in the latter half of his tenure. Look at him: he came up with the Iran-Contra deal, for which an independent prosecutor (Walsh) was set up. Some say that Trump is being blackmailed by the Russians. How would he let himself get into such a pickle?

You don't get into these kinds of situations without something being wrong with your perceptual apparatus.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Oh for fuck's sake...  Get over the fact that he's your President.  

lol!

British chauvinism. It's everywhere. lol!

Perchance Henry VI or George III?? Kool yer heels Brits, you've got some skeletons in your closets.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:34 pm

yes Quill but as you accurately observe they are SKELETONS...and have been for some considerable time....

they are cold skeletonised skeletons, without a shred of meat on em anywhere...

your current problem however seems remarkably alive and kicking (and carrying a not inconsiderable amount of meat)

I would venture to suggest YOUR problem is somewhat more immediately threatening than our past ones... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yes Quill but as you accurately observe they are SKELETONS...and have been for some considerable time....

they are cold skeletonised skeletons, without a shred of meat on em anywhere...

your current problem however seems remarkably alive and kicking (and carrying a not inconsiderable amount of meat)

I would venture to suggest YOUR problem is somewhat more immediately threatening than our past ones... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Absolutely!  You'll get no argument from me.

This thing Trump has with the media has just initiated my thinking on his possible alzheimer's.  Trump characterizes perception of his own struggles as war metaphors.  He exists in antagonism.  He loses himself in personification of his enemies.

His latest is personification of "the media" as an enemy.  An ad hoc collection, or a profession, can manifest common aim (heal the sick, protect the innocent, or get the news) but it is not a common person.  Trump misses that point.

What Trump means is he would like to do things without someone looking over his shoulder and telling on him.  Perhaps we would all like to do that--speeding in traffic, cheating on spouses, perhaps robbing a bank--but we all have someone looking over our shoulder.

The crowd is bigger in his case, that's all.  But so is his job.  Tough nuts...that the game. I think he is retreating into his illness as a result of the pressure.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

British chauvinism.  It's everywhere.  lol!

Perchance Henry VI or George III??  Kool yer heels Brits, you've got some skeletons in your closets.

So what? I don't care how many skeletons you drag out over how many centuries. The fact remains. America voted Trump in. You're stuck with him. Stop bellyaching.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

British chauvinism.  It's everywhere.  lol!

Perchance Henry VI or George III??  Kool yer heels Brits, you've got some skeletons in your closets.

So what?   I don't care how many skeletons you drag out over how many centuries.  The fact remains.  America voted Trump in.  You're stuck with him.  Stop bellyaching.

STFU you self-described racist. I know the country is in trouble. It's none of your fookin' concern if we bitch about it.

WTF is it with you people who want to see folks over here hugging each other, singing kum ba yah and roasting marshmallows round the campfire? That program ain't gonna happen. The America progressives have invested too much in appeasing the right, and it's over! Right now, it's scorched earth.

The mission today is to follow the McConnell-Boehner doctrine and make America fail for four years. You've seen the strikes. You've seen the demonstrations. You've seen the lawsuits. Any lawful way to de-institutionalize America is what progressives intend from now on. That will go for people inside the government, as well as outside; it's clear they are no more in the Trump camp than are we.

Piss-off with your make nice-nice.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I see no evidence that he has Alzheimer's or any other mental illness. He's certainly quite aggressive, but isn't that how he became "powerful", rich, and famous in the first place?

Umm no he did nothing but be born to become rich.
His families fortune was largely from his GRANDFATHER

who bought significant amount of land in Queens New York before it boomed, but also ran brothels in the gold rush towns

in 1891 that opportunity arose.

The newly-declared state of Washington on American’s north-west coast was fast developing a reputation for gold mining.

Thousands of miners would flock to the remote outpost of Seattle in a bid to find their fortune – and Trump would provide them with all the food and booze they could consume.

With $400 in his pocket he bought a restaurant in a notorious Red Light District of the town.

But along with the steak and beer it is also believed to have a provided a rather less noble service.

The joint carried adverts for “Rooms for Ladies” — a common term used by brothels in the area.

Trump’s business thrived, yet when profits began to falter, he would quickly make the decision to follow the money.

One friend described Trump as the man who “mined the miners”.

And indeed wherever the latest mine sprung up, Trump would be with his latest bar catering to all the men’s needs.

By 1897, Trump was able to open his latest Seattle restaurant and pay off the mortgage within four weeks.

During the Yukon Gold Rush across the border in Canada – during which hundreds of horses died in the arduous winter conditions – quick-thinking Trump set up a tent and flogged horse meat to famished workers.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2739172/how-donald-trumps-immigrant-grandfather-friedrich-found-his-fortune-as-a-bar-owner-on-americas-brutal-gold-rush-frontier/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Trump

And Alzheimer's Should prevent someone leading the country Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:28 am

I think that's the problem with right-wing thinking -- they seem to assume that everyone started from the same place and advanced on their own steam to where they are now.

Trump, whether he's got a mental disease or not, never had to deal with disappointment, frustration, feelings of powerlessness, etc. in the way that regular people do. He grew up favored, having people wanting him to like them because of what he could potentially do for them. He's quite likely never been treated like a regular person at any point in his life. I actually feel kind of sorry for him over that.

Look at him -- he has a wife who would most likely never looked at him twice if he drew my salary. He has a position he probably couldn't have gotten if he hadn't been born rich. Nothing about his life's story suggests to me that he has lived in a way the vast majority of people could identify with, and I think he's probably a very lonely person out to prove something that most people would never feel they had to.

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:29 am

I for one am glad I have had to watch roaches climb my walls ...

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:39 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I think that's the problem with right-wing thinking -- they seem to assume that everyone started from the same place and advanced on their own steam to where they are now.

Trump, whether he's got a mental disease or not, never had to deal with disappointment, frustration, feelings of powerlessness, etc. in the way that regular people do. He grew up favored, having people wanting him to like them because of what he could potentially do for them. He's quite likely never been treated like a regular person at any point in his life. I actually feel kind of sorry for him over that.

Look at him -- he has a wife who would most likely never looked at him twice if he drew my salary. He has a position he probably couldn't have gotten if he hadn't been born rich. Nothing about his life's story suggests to me that he has lived in a way the vast majority of people could identify with, and I think he's probably a very lonely person out to prove something that most people would never feel they had to.

I think that you're assuming that anyone who is born rich is automatically going to "succeed". They're not - it takes ambition, confidence, and a certain amount of drive - and sometimes aggression too.

We don't know what his wife feels, so it's best to leave her out of it. If she was his age and not quite so glamorous, would you still be saying what you said?

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:10 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I think that's the problem with right-wing thinking -- they seem to assume that everyone started from the same place and advanced on their own steam to where they are now.

You could say the same about most of the US Presidents.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:11 am

Angry Andy wrote:
But IF it transpires he has a mental disorder, be it altzheimers, dementia or senility, should he be promptly removed from power before he can do any further damage.

Idea

Alzheimer's, Dementia and Senility aren't different kinds of mental illness --  Dementia is the group of signs and symptoms describing a class of different illnesses affecting the brain;    Senilty is the sign of showing a decline in physical strength and/or mental condition as a result of age or illness;   Alzheimer's is a disease that is a major cause of Dementia (roughly half of those dementia cases down here in Oz are due to Alzheimer's..).

It's not easy to sack an American Prez' simply because he's losing his faculties --  both FDR and Ronnie Raygun were unfit for office, during the final months of both their terms..

As for Comrade NITrollsky --  that strange dude really does hate his home country, doesn't he  !

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 pm

I'M senile, I must be, to keep posting on here Laughing
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm

I know Ben...he is privileged and coddled.  That was apparent from my first reading of The Art of The Deal, back in the eighties.  His twisted perception of sex was also in that book, when he talked of hanging about his properties with his manager, perving on women whom he considered "his" because they lived in his building.

But he has serious lapses in cognitive processing, a typical example of which is this remark about terrorism occurring "last night" in Sweden.  Either his comprehension isn't working, or his linguistic framing isn't working...for him to say that, or alternatively, not find the proper way to articulate it, shows that something isn't working.

That's not just a skewed vision born of disproportionate privilege in his formative years.  That's the machinery in the head fooking up.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:28 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:

Idea

Alzheimer's, Dementia and Senility aren't different kinds of mental illness --  Dementia is the group of signs and symptoms describing a class of different illnesses affecting the brain;    Senilty is the sign of showing a decline in physical strength and/or mental condition as a result of age or illness;   Alzheimer's is a disease that is a major cause of Dementia (roughly half of those dementia cases down here in Oz are due to Alzheimer's..).

It's not easy to sack an American Prez' simply because he's losing his faculties --  both FDR and Ronnie Raygun were unfit for office, during the final months of both their terms..

As for Comrade NITrollsky --  that strange dude really does hate his home country, doesn't he  !

Gd point, wolf.  That's the very reason I go between speaking of alzheimer's and demenita...I am not in a clinical position to make a diagnosis or form an opinion.  The reason I do believe it may be alzheimer's is the inordinate degree of hostility in his perceptions.  Dementia is generally passive; alzheimer's can be hateful and angry.

That's why I speak of his propensity to personify his enemies: a media that is "your enemy'; Lyin' Ted'; 'Little Marco'; Low Energy Jeb'; crooked Hillary; Nazi CIA; rubbish generals...always with a personified enemy.  Yet, he has no way of analytically treating any subject.  No policy, no strategy...nothing.  He doesn't think abstractly; he thinks specifically and solely of adversaries...often in war metaphors.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Just a medical statistic I read yesterday somewhere....one in seven Americans will suffer from some form of dementia when they reach the age of 70.
So the likelihood of Trump being afflicted is not that hard to believe really.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I think that you're assuming that anyone who is born rich is automatically going to "succeed". They're not - it takes ambition, confidence, and a certain amount of drive - and sometimes aggression too.

We don't know what his wife feels, so it's best to leave her out of it. If she was his age and not quite so glamorous, would you still be saying what you said?

Not with those born truly wealthy like Trump, as every economics and business analyst will tell you He has made ever mistake but has been too big to fail. Trump's wealth would be greater if he just put it in the bank and didn't have the arrogance to think he was intelligent, It's not entirely his fault he is famously isolated from reality his entire life and had 'cash for qualifications' education. Nothing highlights this more than the statement "a small one million dollar loan from my father" and that was back  in the 80's Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum