Tinder for young teens.

Go down

Tinder for young teens.

Post by Syl on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:36 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4165508/Inside-seedy-world-Tinder-teens.html

Should sites like this be allowed, where adults can pose as young teens in order to groom youngsters?
This networking site is aimed at teens as young as 13, with no security measures in place, apart from requesting a phone number in order to join.

"The social networking site Yellow, which has seven million users, has been described as 'Tinder for teens'
Mother, Tanith Carey spent two months monitoring the activities of youngsters on the site
Carey says it is an 'unedifying meat market' for 'sexual fishing' which puts teens at risk.

Welcome to the seedy world of Tinder for teens — as Yellow has become known since its launch last summer.
Just like Tinder, Yellow, which now has seven million users around the world, was launched as ‘a virtual flirting app’. Users make a profile, posting a selfie photograph or video, then flick through all the other people on the site.
In exactly the same way as with the adult version, they can then ‘swipe right’ if they like the look of someone, or left if they don’t.
If two people like each other, they are matched and can talk directly on a chat feature on the site, which can be linked to their Snapchat — the now-you-see-and-now-you-don’t phone app — where images and messages are shared, before automatically deleting themselves.
As the mother of a 14-year-old girl, taking her first steps into that terrifying no-man’s-land between adulthood and childhood, I spent two months monitoring the activities of youngsters on this site.

What I saw truly horrified me. Night after night, as I scrolled past thousands of fresh young faces — many still plump with baby fat and downy top lips — I found an unedifying meat market where children are reduced to little more than sexual objects, there to be scrutinised and objectified on demand.
It was so depressing. Is this what relationships will be like for children my daughter’s age?
Getting onto the site was shockingly easy — another terrifying discovery. To sign up to the 13 to 17 section, all I had to do was make up an age — in this case that of my 14-year-old daughter Lily, who agreed to let me post a picture of her on the site in order to help me understand the pressures her generation are facing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tinder for young teens.

Post by eddie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:35 pm

That's sounds like a parent's worst nightmare. I don't like the idea of that for teens at all. It all seems a bit wrong to me.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:03 pm

It has seven million users, many of them young teens, and God knows how many paedophiles urging them on in the guise of teenage boys.

There is even a list of smileys which show in code what one person wants..eg nude photos, and what the other will give.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Syl wrote:It has seven million users, many of them young teens, and God knows how many paedophiles urging them on in the guise of teenage boys.

There is even a list of smileys which show in code what one person wants..eg nude photos, and what the other will give.

I'm not sure how or why that's allowed?

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:It has seven million users, many of them young teens, and God knows how many paedophiles urging them on in the guise of teenage boys.

I'm not sure how or why that's allowed?

It makes our little alien look very tame.

"Emoticons — this generation’s hieroglyphics — are another way for young teens to signal to each other upfront what they want sexually. Users can choose from a huge library of symbols on Yellow, including the notorious aubergine — which I now know is shorthand for male genitalia — and is used by boys as an offer to send an intimate picture of themselves.
Then there’s the purple devil emoji — codeword for ‘let’s sext’, meaning exchanging sexually explicit images and videos. But in case I am having problems deciphering the code, George, 16, sends me a dictionary.
This reveals numerous other meanings, including how the picture of a cat with a surprised face means: ‘I wanna see you naked.’ I also learn that requests for most sexual practices can be implied by these images."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:01 pm

Wow. That's really worrying. A secret language that's probably alien to most parents too!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:23 pm

I am glad I don't have young teens at home anymore.
I think I would be paranoid when they were online.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:34 pm

I think the internet needs to be policed a lot better.
It can be done, sadly it isn't.

I think sites like this should be very careful who they allow to join....obviously they are not.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down