Mrs Trump.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mrs Trump.

Post by Syl on Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Will she make a good first lady? she is definately a very fashionable one.

Michelle sort of grew into the role, Jackie Kennedy oozed style and charm from the off. It looks like Melania was copying the Mrs O look at her husbands inauguration ceremony....wonder if she will be wearing  a matching pill box hat soon.

I like the way Mrs Obama seemed to deliberately dress down for this ocassion. That to me shows a very confident woman.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Trump.

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:16 am

Angry Andy wrote:He sure wont be giving her spine shattering orgasms.

Why ?
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:55 am

Original Quill wrote:Yes, why did Eleanor stay with Franklin, particularly after she learned about him and Lucy Mercer?

She either didn't love him in the first place so didn't care about him cheating or she stayed for the money and power.

Once someone has cheated surely the relationship is as dead as a dodo?

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Fear is often a factor why an abused woman will stay in a marriage or partnership...fear for them and often for their children, embarrassment, pride, love, just because these women seem to have it all doesn't mean they are happy.

Ex spice girl Mel B, a strong and powerful woman was trapped in a marriage for 10 years, ruled by threats and fear allegedly.
Unless all the women who eventually break free and speak out are liars...it just proves that many women stay because at the time they believed they had no choice.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:54 pm

And it's also hard to uproot young children - I do get all the reasons.

I'm playing devils advocate really as I have no idea whether Melania Trump is abused or not. I personally don't think so, mentally bullied, yes probably and that's just as bad - I accept that.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:06 pm

eddie wrote:And it's also hard to uproot young children - I do get all the reasons.

I'm playing devils advocate really as I have no idea whether Melania Trump is abused or not.  I personally don't think so, mentally bullied, yes probably and that's just as bad - I accept that.

We are just throwing in possible scenareos, the truth is none of us knows what goes on in any marriage if the people don't talk about it.

Just to digress a minute though...re women who stay with a partner because they fear for their children.
I read today of an abusive husband who hung himself and their one year old baby because he believed his wife was having an affair. He videoed it all....his last act to punish her.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Yes, why did Eleanor stay with Franklin, particularly after she learned about him and Lucy Mercer?

She either didn't love him in the first place so didn't care about him cheating or she stayed for the money and power.

Strange. I've always wondered. She gave him six children...that doesn't seem like a disinterested party.

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Strange.  I've always wondered.  She gave him six children...that doesn't seem like a disinterested party.

Takes all sorts I suppose.

I don't know much about her - and it all depends on whether it was a one-off affair / before or after the kids etc

For me, I'd never take someone back after cheating. If I give my heart then I mean it.
I've never been cheated on (as far as I know obviously) but I've seen it happen to people and it destroys them.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:52 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Strange.  I've always wondered.  She gave him six children...that doesn't seem like a disinterested party.

Takes all sorts I suppose.

I don't know much about her - and it all depends on whether it was a one-off affair / before or after the kids etc

For me, I'd never take someone back after cheating. If I give my heart then I mean it.
I've never been cheated on (as far as I know obviously) but I've seen it happen to people and it destroys them.

Ironically, Lucy Mercer was Eleanor's assistant.  She hooked up with Franklin around 1918, when she used to chauffeur for him.  

It was on and off for three decades until he died, even though she married Winthrop Rutherford during the affair (Rutherford died in 1944).  Franklin's daughter, Anna, arranged to have Lucy with him in his Georgia Hot Springs retreat, just before he died in 1945.  Goodwin, Doris Kearns, No Ordinary Time: Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt (1994).

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:59 pm

"On and off for three decades"

Wow. His wife must have either been fucking around herself, or she didn't much care.

None of that spells love to me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 pm

eddie wrote:"On and off for three decades"

Wow. His wife must have either been fucking around herself, or she didn't much care.

None of that spells love to me.

Don't you know? Eleanor Roosevelt, niece of Theodore Roosevelt, was a lesbian. She came out, in fact, prompted by the revelation of the Lucy Mercer affair. Her famous love affair with Lorena Hickok was an open secret:

Wiki wrote:Lorena Alice Hickok (March 7, 1893 – May 1, 1968) was an American journalist known for her close romantic relationship with First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt.

Born in East Troy, Wisconsin to a dressmaker and a dairy-farmer, Hickok had an unhappy childhood marked by isolation and abuse. After her mother's death when Hickok was fourteen, she left home, worked on her own, and completed high school with the help of a cousin. She went into journalism after failing out of college, and soon became a successful reporter for the Minneapolis Tribune and the Associated Press (AP), achieving several firsts for American women journalists. By 1932, she had become the nation's best-known female reporter.

She was installed in quarters on the third floor of the White House. Eleanor and Hickok grew apart as Hickok became more "demanding" of Eleanor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorena_Hickok

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top