WTF

Go down

WTF

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:57 pm

I can't think of another title.

Well, that's unorthodox! Babies are baptised by an incredibly enthusiastic Archbishop to celebrate Epiphany in Georgia... but his 'violent' method is dubbed 'cruel'

An Orthodox Archbishop has caused controversy with his violent baptism methods.
The Patriarch of the Georgian Orthodox Church, Ilia II, has been filmed roughly dunking tiny babies into a baptismal font, both legs-first and headfirst, in yesterday's celebration of the Epiphany.
Holding the infants firmly between his hands, the 84-year-old Russian forcibly spins the children round, splashing them into the water at a high speed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4139782/Babies-undergo-cruel-baptisms-Orthodox-Archbishop.html
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Those babies faces!!! Oh my God....
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:01 pm

HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:07 pm

This is mental. Increase the birth rate? It's enough to make the babies sterile!!!
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:12 pm

I've never seen the point of baptising babies. In religious terms, they're 'sin free'. Only adults should be baptized, and then if they're consenting.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Jeez he's rough!! Perhaps he's old and doesn't realise his own strength? In any case I'm not sure why the parents are allowing it.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Cruel !

And dangerous, outrageously awful!
Bella

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:36 pm

What can I say?
Sadly in Christianity, an engineered belief created to make all believe all are born onto sin. Due to some warped story that blames women through Eve eating from the tree of knowledge.

I mean its so appalling, that we are led to believe that this deity created man, thus implying that men are before women and thus of greater importance. That then the woman was created from the man, by taking one of his ribs. With both being created with the mentality of basically a 2 year old. Not knowing right from wrong.

This God then tells both of his children, as mentally they have the minds of children. That they can basically do anything, but eat from one tree. This tree of knowledge. Basically like dangling a chocolate bar constantly in the face of a 2 year old. That then a talking snake states that if they eat from this tree, they will no longer be sheep and stupid, but that their eyes will be open and they will have freedom of thought and a far greater understanding.

Eve then eats the apple from the tree and encourages Adam and she is blamed for this sin, even though its basically the deity in the wrong for teasing his children who have no conception of right or wrong. Eve is then blamed for then all humans to be born with sin and both are punished severely. Like I say it would be like a parent constantly teasing a child with sweets only then to blame them and all their offspring for all time for this imaginary crime. To then further punish then with pain and suffering.

Of course we would class such a parent with the charge of child abuse, but wait the story gets even more absurd. This deity then comes down in the form of a human by impregnating a 14 year old girl. To then preach a message of forgiveness, that he created the sin of in the first place. To then die for everyone's sins to be forgiven, but only if you believe in him. So then every child is still born sinful to then go through life, already having their life pre-planned, as this deity knows all and sees all. Knowing already who will believe in him anyway and who will not. Thus billions are already condemned to suffer through nothing they chose to do and even worse were never even asked whether they wanted to exist. Just to fulfill their role to suffer for all eternity.

To then have people believe this and see them treat children this way, who are completely innocent, but parents wrongly believing their own children are born to sin.

Hence why words fail me

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:39 pm

You disapprove of Judaism then Didge?

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You disapprove of Judaism then Didge?

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum