Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:55 am

First topic message reminder :


IMMIGRATION Minister Peter Dutton has given his approval of the controversial billboard featuring two young Muslim girls wearing hijabs.

In an interview with 3AW, Mr Dutton described the billboard as “great”, saying Australians should not be offended by the hijab or headscarf if they see it in public.

The billboard, which was put up in Melbourne to promote a government-funded Australia Day event in Melbourne, was removed this week after advertising company QMS began to receive threats.

“I think it’s great that we’ve got young boys, young girls from whatever background who are embracing Australian values, flying the Australian flag, proud to be Australian, proud to be part of our society, want to be part of a peaceful future in this country,” Mr Dutton said.

“They’re all the values that all of us embrace.”

“People have different elements to their dress and their culture that they embrace,” he said.

“I think what most Australians expect from any of us from a migrant background, and ultimately that’s the case for most of us, is that we respect the culture from our country of origin but we embrace Australian values.”

The photograph used in the billboard image was taken at an Australia Day event in Docklands last year.

Victorian Multicultural Affairs Minister Robin Scott announced that the billboard was being removed earlier this week.




But advertising guru Dee Madigan launched a crowd funding appeal to have the billboard brought back and she has received a stunning response.

Her GoFundMe campaign has since raised $130,000, and is continuing to rise.

She hopes to have the advertisement featured in newspapers, street posters and billboards around the country.

“People are just really against this, it just does not make sense,” Ms Madigan told News Corp.

“It is just a really nice photo of two young, pretty Australian girls celebrating Australia Day.”

“The response has been fantastic. We are already in talks with media buyers and hopefully we will have billboards in every capital city for Australia Day.”


The billboard sat beside a Melbourne freeway and advertised an official flag-raising ceremony in Docklands and an Australia Day Parade in the Kings Domain Gardens.

The decision to take the billboard down was celebrated by far-right groups on social media.

“I am not surprised people complained about it, but this was particularly stupid,” said Ms Madigan, whose life has been the subject of ABC TV’s One Plus One program.

“They complain Muslims don’t assimilate, then they complain about a photo and a billboard like this. It highlights the fact it is just plain racism. And it shows that Muslims are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

“We just want to see these two Australian girls put back up on a billboard about Australia Day.”

Ms Madigan said the widespread support for her campaign was illustrated by a $1500 donation by Sydney-based Tiyce Lawyers. The firm’s principal Michael Tiyce is president of the East Sydney Liberal branch, she added.

Ms Madigan said she hadn’t spoken to the girls in the picture, who have not been named.

“I’m not sure how they are but I imagine it is pretty awful when people think a photo of you is pretty awful,” she said.

Any money left over from the campaign will be donated to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/immigration-minister-peter-dutton-says-controversial-australia-day-Muslim-themed-billboard-is-great/news-story/d646d1aa56dd8be4ee3e154b92925d8f

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18393
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Waffle... you are getting yourself all in a twist... might have to start calling you oliver...!!!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Waffle... you are getting yourself all in a twist... might have to start calling you oliver...!!!


lol!



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:54 am

The Canberra Theatre Centre said it would continue to display the advertisement but was yet to comment on the threats.

The billboard first made headlines when it was pulled down in Melbourne's south-east after the advertising company was abused and threatened for including the images of the two girls in hijabs.

Anti-racism campaigners lobbied and raised funds for its return.

The ACT Government said on Monday it was joining that campaign by "using this image across Government assets in the lead up to Australia Day".

"The image of these young girls is a wonderful example of multiculturalism at work," an ACT Government statement said.


"These girls are proudly Australian but also respectful of their heritage. They are a fine example of a 21st century Australia which should be celebrated and seen by as many people as possible"

There will always be racist rednecks: Barr

Chief Minister Andrew Barr has slammed the reaction to the advertisement as "fanatical" and "irrational", adding the Government would not back down.

"We shouldn't bow to that sort of intimidation," he said.

"There will always be racist rednecks in any community but I'm not going to give them any succour in the ACT.

"If these are serious threats then ... those who've made them should be arrested and the full force of the law thrown at them.

"You can't threaten to blow up buildings in this country without facing criminal charges."


Mr Barr said he was confident the majority of Canberrans supported the billboard.

"For those who are concerned about the contents of the signs I have a very simple message: 'get a life, get over it'," he said.


Chair of the Canberra Multicultural Community Forum Diana Abdel-Rahman said the threats were out of character for Canberrans.

"I'm still shocked and I'm shocked that something like this would be happening in Canberra," Ms Abdel-Rahman told ABC Radio Canberra.

"We have a community that pretty much gets on, live and let live more or less you know, we accept everyone.

"We disagree, absolutely, but we don't threaten each other with violence."

She said most of the time the abuse was hypocritical.


"What concerns me is that the same people who are threatening and being abusive about Muslims are the same ones that complain about Muslims not integrating or being part of Australian society," Ms Abdel-Rahman said.

"Sometimes I just think we're damned if we do and damned if we don't."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-25/canberra-theatre-threatened-after-aus-day-displaying-billboard/8210680

See we have Far Right Terrorists like major too, we should round them up, since we can trace their social media and hit the ones that threatened to bomb it with the full force of the Anti terrorism laws. Cool Cool Cool


I like that the ACT put it up after Victorians chickened out bowed to racists. I like the response of the ACT government to being threatened.

being new to the Canberra region (it's where my job is) I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of Asians and Africans, it is far more multicultural than I thought, although not quite as multicultural as Blacktown. I was concerned I might have had to bring down supplies from the Asian and Indian grocers when back to visit parents. But I found they have quite a bit available there is a good Chinese grocer and a South East Asian one close enough to the office to walk to on lunch break.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18393
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:24 am

clown

Our home grown far right terrorist/bully boy wannabbes have something else in common with their British, Euro' and Yank counterparts, as well...

Most of the time they're all 'piss and vinegar', but little action..


Should round them all up, and ship them off to somewhere quiet and out of the way.

Like Siberia, Inner Mongolia, or maybe Macquarie Island..       tongue

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6068
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:36 am

1) I completely condemned anyone that threats violence towards anyone or because they have placed up this billboard. I condemn also any anti-Muslim hatred.

2) Second, the only racism I see is the terminology "rednecks". Its not racism when its discrimination against a religion and Islam is not an ethnic group. Its certainly anti-Muslim hatred, but not racism.

3) I am sure they are proud Australian Muslims girls in the picture. The issue though is in regards to promoting the hijab, which is a symbol of oppression towards many Muslim women who are forced to wear around the world.

4) This is typical regressive leftist mentality. They wrongly believe they are standing up for the rights of Muslim women, by endorsing a symbol of oppression to Muslim women.

5) Those wearing this in counries that have freedom of expression, believe they are commanded to wear, and that its a sin not to do so. Where a heavy emphasis is placed on punishment in the after life.

6) There is no command in the Quran that any Muslim woman should cover their hair. It only states to cover the Breasts. The Hijab and the Burka, are the inventions of Misogynistic men to control Muslim woman.

7) This does nothing to support the Muslim women oppressed around the world forced to wear both the Hijab and Burka. In fact by doing this, Australia is saying quite proudly, they are happy to promote this symbol of oppression,basically endorsing those countries that force Muslim women to wear.

Cool I do not even blame the Muslim girls hear, as they have been conditioned and indoctrinated through fear, to wrongly think they must wear, or they will suffer in the after-life. I blame the Islamic schools of thought that are teaching something which is not Islamic, but invented and adapted into Islam

9) If Muslims really had a choice to wear and not one where they are conditioned through fear to wear. That they will suffer in an afterlife, based on the view they are at fault for the desires of men. Then many Muslim women would in solidarity not wear the Hijab until such nations stopped enforcing this on their Muslim sisters. Until this is achieved and they then reverted back to wearing. That would be a real choice on wearing. All this does is back the view to oppress Muslim women.

So its not a victory for Multiculturalism, its a victory for those who oppress women, which nobody should be celebrating.


10) I was glad to see so many women march against Trump globally, but when are these same women going to march against Islamic Theocracies that abuse the rights of Muslim women?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:06 am

What the fuck are you talking about?
What is your problem or your fucking issue!!

IT has nothing to do with ISLAM!
the girls were Born here they are Aussies, that just happen to wear a head scarf. It is You that is the problem because you cannot look past the fact they have a piece of cloth on their head!! Why should 2 young aussie girls Give the Slightest fuck about you Keyboard warrior crusade.

The billboard IS NOT ABOUT the head Scarf!!! it only is to neo Nazi terrorists, it was ONE of a series that showed Photo FROM THE CROWD at the 2016 Australia day event.

Everytime someone wears a scarf because they choose to DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CENSORED BECAUSE OF RACIST WANKERS LIKE YOU!!!


You want to crusade against symbols of oppression START WITH THE UNION JACK. Cause Like ALL causes you can think Global but start local. the Union Jack is FAR more offensive and Oppressed Far more of the world!!

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18393
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by nicko on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:08 am

Your "chip" is getting bigger every post, you must calm down before you have a stroke.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9906
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:16 am

veya_victaous wrote:What the fuck are you talking about?
What is your problem or your fucking issue!!

IT has nothing to do with ISLAM!
the girls were Born here they are Aussies, that just happen to wear a head scarf. It is You that is the problem because you cannot look past the fact they have a piece of cloth on their head!! Why should 2 young aussie girls Give the Slightest fuck about you Keyboard warrior crusade.

The billboard IS NOT ABOUT the head Scarf!!! it only is to neo Nazi terrorists, it was ONE of a series that showed Photo FROM THE CROWD at the 2016 Australia day event.

Everytime someone wears a scarf because they choose to DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CENSORED BECAUSE OF RACIST WANKERS LIKE YOU!!!


You want to crusade against symbols of oppression START WITH THE UNION JACK. Cause Like ALL causes you can think Global but start local. the Union Jack is FAR more offensive and Oppressed Far more of the world!!


1) My problem is with the oppression of Muslim women, which you seem to fail to grasp

2) You are right he Hijab has nothing to do with Islam, it is the invented misogynistic views that have been adapted into Islam. Where Millions of Muslim women are being oppressed forced to wear around the world.

3) They are Australians and have been conditioned through a fear of punishment if they do not wear, that they will suffer in the after life and do nothing for their Muslim sisters around the world by endorsing this symbol of oppression

4) They should certainly care about their Muslim sisters, who are being oppressed and forced to wear, or do those oppressed not matter, when it comes to woman's rights? Shall we all again those Muslims suffering and hail this symbol of which they are being oppressed with in places like the likes of Iran? is that what you are saying?

5) So now you invoke neo-Nazism, to people rightly concerned this does nothing for where Muslim women are being forced to wear. Its actually endorsing that they are forced to wear highlighting this symbol of oppression as now part of Australia day.

6) So more infantile abuse and wrongly accusing me of racism, because i stand rightly to be critical of a symbol that oppresses Muslim women. The choice is in the belief. As the belief as a compulsory dress code in certain Islamic schools of thought and just like any school that has a dress code, they are taught there will be repercussions if they do not wear. So its not a choice to wear, the choice is on the belief they follow, which has a compulsory dress code.

7) The Union jack is the flag of Great Britain and today the Uk does not oppress people as it once did. So it can hardly be classed as a symbol of a oppression. So offensive its in the Australian flag, as well as countless other nations. Nobody is being oppressed today because of the Union jack, they are because of the hijab. Muslim women should be standing in solidarity with their Muslim sisters, by refusing to wear until the oppression stops. That would then be a choice to wear and then revert back to wearing when that oppression stops


Last edited by Thorin on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:17 am

the Chip on my shoulder Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Come on NICKO
you of anyone can sure appreciate getting mad a some keyboard warrior jack ass, Insulting your culture your way of life and everything You stand for!!!

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18393
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by nicko on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:37 am

I'v never insulted your culture, I don't even know what it is. All I know is, you consistently insult my country , I don't know why you do it, I don't insult yours. I joined your army when I was 18 and fought with other Aussies who never disrespected me,we were all friends together. There was never a bad word about the English from any of the Aussies I fought with. That is why I can't understand your attitude.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9906
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:02 pm

nicko wrote:I'v never insulted your culture, I don't even know what it is. All I know is, you consistently insult my country , I don't know why you do it, I don't insult yours. I joined your army when I was 18 and fought with other Aussies who never disrespected me,we were all friends together. There was never a bad word about the English from any of the Aussies I fought with. That is why I can't understand your attitude.

My Culture is multiculturalism
So yes you do insult it
Now do you understand, why I keep saying you are so ignorant you don't even realize how insulting you are being

I am half caste, Australia one of most multicultural nations, Sydney most multicultural city, Blacktown most multicultural region of Sydney,
33% of aussies identify as 2 or more races
In Blacktown it is 45%
In gen y down people my age in Blacktown that is close to 70%
So yes you do insult me my family my friends and community.

So if you or some other British is going to say the decisions my grandparents made and we have had for 50 years doesn't work, I am going to point out Yes it does work better than British culture. Proven by the fact that over that 50 years nations that embraced multiculturalism have all gone up. We were 25% poorer than brits now we are 50% richer so it is apparent the culture that doesn't work is British culture. Multiculturalism works a lot better.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18393
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Didge you are a hypocrite.
Union jack is more offensive and a smybol of oppression to many peoples. More so than a head scarf

And again what does any of that have to do with 2 aussie girls celebrating Australia day? they can't be proud of their heritage because you have a crusade that no one has asked. They have to hidden and censored, Australia cant show the diversity and freedom of our nation.
Because some hill sheperds in the middle east take their religion too seriously?
You are the reason people reject western values because you have not fixed oppression in your nation and continue to support oppresive symbols. You use things that have nothing to do with islam to try and further your crusade of hatred

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18393
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:21 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Didge you are a hypocrite.  
Union jack is more offensive and a smybol of oppression to many peoples. More so than a head scarf

And again what does any of that have to do with 2 aussie girls celebrating Australia day? they can't be proud of their heritage because you have a crusade that no one has asked. They have to hidden and censored,  Australia cant show the diversity and freedom of our nation.
Because some hill sheperds in the middle east take their religion too seriously?
You are the reason people reject western values because you have not fixed oppression in your nation and continue to support oppresive symbols. You use things that have nothing to do with islam to try and further your crusade of hatred

1) Again people are not being oppressed by the Union Jack today, but they are with the hijab. So your point is meaningless.

2) I have no problem with Muslims being promoted on Australia day and in fact applaud the notion. Howver to promote this with a symbol, of the hijab, where countless Muslim women are being forced to wear. Does nothing for their plight.

3) Its from as you call hill shepherds, who have invented the view women should cover their hair through fear, that those two Australian girls are being misled to believe they should wear. Or that they are sinning and forfeiting their chances of getting into heaven. You see this is your failing Veya, you simply do not understanding the belief system around the Arbrahamic literal belief system. It plays on the fear of people in an after life which then allows men to abuse this by inventing commands that women have to follow.

4) Its no good making further unfounded accusations about me, that is misdirection to the issue at hand. So what you have to ask yourself is. How is promoting the hijab worn, helping those forced to wear? Its in fact backing the view that it should be worn and thus is like I said doing nothing for the cause of the oppressed Muslim women. My view again is this. If those who wish to wear, actually care about those forced. They would refuse to wear in solidarity for those oppressed until such laws are changed. Then they can revert to wearing, once they have helped free their Muslim sisters being oppressed.

That then would show it is a choice. As seen its not a choice, its the belief that is the choice to follow. That lies to them, making them wrongly believe they have to wear the hijab.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:28 pm

Yes they are you dont get to tell people they are or are not getting oppressed that is just your biasd opinion.

So we have to censor our citizens because you dont like their choice in clothes.

No you are wrong they choose to stop pretending you know their thoughts you have never even slept with a Muslim woman

100% true about you, founded in the opinions you keep expressing in threads that don't even have anything to do with you crusade

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18393
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:33 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Yes they are you dont get to tell people they are or are not getting oppressed that is just your biasd opinion.  

So we have to censor our citizens because you dont like their choice in clothes.

No you are wrong they choose to stop pretending you know their thoughts you have never even slept with a Muslim woman

100% true about you, founded in the opinions you keep expressing in threads that don't even have anything to do with you crusade

So let me get this straight.
You do not think a literal religious person, who fears suffering in an after life. Is not being conditioned to do something through fear?

If people did not fear, they would have no reason to believe in any of the Abrahamic faiths.

In fact its required and emphasized that people fear their God in these faiths
I never said anything about censorship
I said about promoting a symbol of which Muslim women are being oppressed with.
Its not even attempting to know someones thoughts, but how religions in the literal sense, condition people to believe many things they must do in order to get into their make belief heaven
You can keep talking about me, that is fine, that just shows you have nothing to counter my points.
So lets start with how for over 2,000 years of religion, how its conditioned people to believe they can force their beliefs onto others through fear and persecution, based on absolute morals they believe in?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum