Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 12:37

First topic message reminder :

Customers complained last week when 2 women were seen doing their shopping in Tesco dressed in pj's and dressing gowns.
If you had a business would you allow people in dressed in their nightwear? or would you boycott a shop that allowed customers in dressed like this?
I think I would if it was a frequent sight....it's unhygienic and slothful.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2017-01-05/customers-rant-at-disgusting-tesco-shoppers-in-pjs/

"A photo of two women shopping in their pyjamas in Salford caused a stir after a fellow customer complained to Tesco branding it "bloody disgusting".
The image was posted on the supermarket’s Facebook page and shows the ladies wearing what appears to be dressing gowns and pyjamas strolling down one of the snack aisles at around 7pm on Tuesday evening.
Shopping basket in hand, the pair seem unconcerned by their own casual appearance.
The irritated customer snapped the women on his phone and sent it to Tesco asking them to ban people from doing their shop in their nightwear, saying it’s becoming a regular occurrence."




_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 21:39

Lord Foul wrote:


1) No, I save electricity, I just don;t feel the cold 

neither did I until a couple of years back...when the hypothroid started to kick in....

I couldnt understand it...up untill then I was impervious to the point of wearing tee shirts in -5 weather (if it was dry) then sudenly i was bloody freezing in what I would once have called "mild weather"

ah well...gettin a blood test thursday to "prove it" so the doc can gimme some pills (rattle rattle) which I'm assured will make me "normal"  

got the whole gamut of other nice symptoms too....fatigue, brain fog, and a lot lot more that I dont really think you want to know about.....

and the clincher...the loss of the outer 1/3rd of my eyebrows...perculiar to hypothyroid apparantly


2) I walk 6 miles a day, 3 miles to work and 3 miles back, so I do plenty of walking and no doubt far fitter than you, as I also train.

I dont need to train.....I got 6 dogs to keep busy.....(and a wife...who keeps me busy...fix this ...fix that....oh and our daughter wants you to fix......) and I got a woodland to look after...who knew how much hard work is involved using a chin saw I mean...you would think it would be a piece of piss....rev up chain saw ...chop down tree...how hard can it be....yeah right...then you gotta chop up said tree.....and cart the bits to where you want em... 

I may creak....but I think you would be surprised just how fit I am for my age......most of my contempories from my school days are decrepit .....

word of well meant advice ....no matter what infirmities life may throw at you NEVER....EVER...give into em....fight em all the way.....


3) I go out like this as well, just as many other people do and its basically wearing hardly any clothes

I'll wear shorts in summer/autumn.......legs like (well weathered) tree trunks mind...but then they have covered a mile or two......and seen not a few mishaps along the way. (ouch)

There is no set standard to how to dress

I would not get dressed if you came round

I do not need to dress to impress you


you dont need to do ANYTHING to impress me.....so stop trying...




I do really enjoy listening to your experiences mate and you do have a life lesson to teach many of us.
I have no doubt you are as fit as a fiddle, even with all the problems that have been thrown your way.

You are a fighter and one I would have gladly at my side if facing trouble

Will catch up tomorrow

All the best

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by veya_victaous on Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 23:09

meh who cares
cloth/material covers what is supposed to be covered

the rest is just personal preference in my opinion, you can wear whatever you're brave enough to wear.

or you can be like LF and cowed by social norms and other peoples expectations  
Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Eilzel on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 0:29

I'm find myself alligning with Lord Foul on this. More due to what this represents and where it could lead. To me, this demonstrates a level of laziness- is it real so hard to just dress properly in public? If someone can't even be bothered to put on shorts or jeans and a t-shirt to go outside then it's likely they aren't bothered to do much else. Plus, if standards can go this low then why not just take an anything goes attitude- bikinis or boxers in Summer? Why not? I don't think we should forbid it, just encourage people to have a little more self respect and make the minimal effort.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6718
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by harvesmom on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 0:52

Eilzel wrote:I'm find myself alligning with Lord Foul on this. More due to what this represents and where it could lead. To me, this demonstrates a level of laziness- is it real so hard to just dress properly in public? If someone can't even be bothered to put on shorts or jeans and a t-shirt to go outside then it's likely they aren't bothered to do much else. Plus, if standards can go this low then why not just take an anything goes attitude- bikinis or boxers in Summer? Why not? I don't think we should forbid it, just encourage people to have a little more self respect and make the minimal effort.

I agree ^^^^ what he said Smile

I'd go one further though, whether its my age/upbringing, I don't know, but I just simply wouldn't go out shopping, or anywhere without getting dressed properly, and having minimal make up on. Its down to personal pride really, I don't feel dressed until I have showered, got makeup, perfume on, whatever un godly time of day I have to get up. And that stays on till I am am sure I don't have to leave the house again for the evening, or no one will drop by Smile







avatar
harvesmom

Posts : 888
Join date : 2014-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 1:00

@eilzel
LF and yourself should feel free to wear bikinis whenever you want to geek

where has placing demands on others clothing already lead? be it the Burka or Victorian era England. it is an assault on personal freedoms.

fashion changes we don't wear togas any more, even modern trousers where considered a disgrace when they first appeared, in good company you should be in pantaloons.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 2:03

Thorin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if they have got 10 kids by 12 different fathers each.....each with a ridiculous name, and all of em feral....

these are just the type to breed em.....


What is wrong with having ten children?

Sorry, but you actually prove my point on how people have such poor stigmas...

...........

Arrow

The planet is already grossly overpopulated with humans...

We don't need more people, overall --  especially in the "chav"/bogan/trailer trash sections of the community..   Nor among the "one per centers"/elitists.

Two children means replacements for the parents;
A third might be considered an accident;
Four or more is pure selfishness..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6307
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 3:32

the REAL reason someone photographed and complained comes to light


http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/people/two-women-shamed-online-for-shopping-in-their-pyjamas-brand-their-male-critic-sexist-and-racist/news-story/90717eec1f30f8ad5cefc0a1341487a2

One said: “I can’t believe it’s gone worldwide.

“I would really like to talk to that person to understand why they wanted to embarrass us like that?

“There are hundreds of paedophiles molesting children who don’t get into the newspapers but I can’t go into Tesco in my pyjamas without being photographed.

“I don’t think it is fair asking Tesco to ban it.

“In my eyes it’s racist against travellers.

Me and my mum were chatting and our language is different from other people and they probably realised that and decided to target us because of it.

“It would be different if I had no clothes on and was walking around naked — but I had clothes on.

“I don’t feel the need to impress the man who is complaining about it.

“I don’t need to dress up, put on make-up and do my hair for him.

“I only have my husband to impress, not some stranger in the supermarket.”


the Original poster (not Syl) is a Racist Bully plain and simple.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 3:51

harvesmom wrote:
Eilzel wrote:I'm find myself alligning with Lord Foul on this. More due to what this represents and where it could lead. To me, this demonstrates a level of laziness- is it real so hard to just dress properly in public? If someone can't even be bothered to put on shorts or jeans and a t-shirt to go outside then it's likely they aren't bothered to do much else. Plus, if standards can go this low then why not just take an anything goes attitude- bikinis or boxers in Summer? Why not? I don't think we should forbid it, just encourage people to have a little more self respect and make the minimal effort.

I agree ^^^^ what he said Smile

I'd go one further though, whether its my age/upbringing, I don't know, but I just simply wouldn't go out shopping, or anywhere  without  getting dressed properly, and having minimal make up on. Its down to personal pride really,  I don't feel dressed until I have  showered, got makeup, perfume on, whatever un godly time of day I have to get up. And that stays on till I am am sure I don't have to leave the house again for the evening, or no  one will drop by  Smile

It is probably my age and upbringing too, I am very mercenary in attitude, you want me to do/be something you got to pay. Laughing Laughing Laughing  And I expect extra money I you want me to wear a Tie and jacket Suspect Suspect

It was funny before Christmas I went shopping for presents and was just in basketball shorts and old t-shirt, I happened to go past a high end suit store with a big sale on and I was thinking of buying a new suit and some extra pants and shirts for new job so I stopped in.
You could see the sales chick was a bit unsure about me, as a lot of Aussie men have one suit for all occasions if they don't wear them for work. But I could see the change in attitude when she realized I was buying work clothes (I asked her to check they had a second pair of pants in my size for the suit)

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 5:27

Eilzel wrote:I'm find myself alligning with Lord Foul on this. More due to what this represents and where it could lead. To me, this demonstrates a level of laziness- is it real so hard to just dress properly in public? If someone can't even be bothered to put on shorts or jeans and a t-shirt to go outside then it's likely they aren't bothered to do much else. Plus, if standards can go this low then why not just take an anything goes attitude- bikinis or boxers in Summer? Why not? I don't think we should forbid it, just encourage people to have a little more self respect and make the minimal effort.

Sorry and what exactly can wearing a dressing gown lead to Eilzel?

Being comfortable in what you wear?

Not succumbing to peer pressure in what others perceive you should wear?

Again who are you to say how people should dress in public?

Why are people so set that they know what is dressing properly?

I ask you why do you perceive a t-shirt better than a dressing gown?

I will tell you, because you have been conditioned to believe that is what people should wear.
Again what standards?

How and why are you setting standards to something that is inconsequential?

Again back to respect?

How is clothes the bases for respect?

This is exactly how bullying starts, in how other children are teased over what they wear and succumb to peer pressure.

Again this is the Islamist root, as to what is respectful to wear in society. Where they are coerced through fear and peer pressure into what to wear. Whether that be through religious beliefs and laws. For one, its none of anyone else's business what people wear out in public and it has nothing to do with respects or standards, but how in reality people are being nothing more than snobs.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Eilzel on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 9:50

Veya, Thorin, at no point have I suggesting stopping people dressing how they like. If people want to be lazy and keep their jimjams on then they are free to do so- but it is still quite lazy.

And what does it lead to? It could lead to a spiralling of lazy attitudes- why bother showering? Why bother dressing your kids properly? Why bother with decent table manners? Etc.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6718
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 10:26

Or it could lead to spiraling comfort in clothing Cool Cool Cool Cool

but when it comes to table manners i do think it is incredibly uncivilized to not use chopsticks or bare hands. To serve meals that rewire weaponry to be on the table (knives) is the height of barbarianism tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 12:49

veya_victaous wrote:the REAL reason someone photographed and complained comes to light


http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/people/two-women-shamed-online-for-shopping-in-their-pyjamas-brand-their-male-critic-sexist-and-racist/news-story/90717eec1f30f8ad5cefc0a1341487a2

One said: “I can’t believe it’s gone worldwide.

“I would really like to talk to that person to understand why they wanted to embarrass us like that?

“There are hundreds of paedophiles molesting children who don’t get into the newspapers but I can’t go into Tesco in my pyjamas without being photographed.

“I don’t think it is fair asking Tesco to ban it.

“In my eyes it’s racist against travellers.

Me and my mum were chatting and our language is different from other people and they probably realised that and decided to target us because of it.

“It would be different if I had no clothes on and was walking around naked — but I had clothes on.

“I don’t feel the need to impress the man who is complaining about it.

“I don’t need to dress up, put on make-up and do my hair for him.

“I only have my husband to impress, not some stranger in the supermarket.”


the Original poster (not Syl) is a Racist Bully plain and simple.

I think the racist card is being used falsely here,  I doubt that's why so many people have talked about it.
For a start, how many people knew the women were not bred and born here? I certainly didn't, in fact I imagined they were the typical chavs you see out and about puffing on cigs and Ef'ing and blinding at their kids (in a Salford accent) ....filling their trolleys up with processed crap.

I read the women said they nipped into the shop for  milk for their babies Rolling Eyes ...well other people have said (there was a phone in on a local Salford radio programme) that the women went on to walk round Salford precinct after they had been shopping in Tesco.....so someone is lying here. Laughing

As for their pic being taken and published because they were speaking in a foreign language....rubbish. There is a wide selection of every race, colour and creed in this area, none of them stand out because they speak a different language...these women stood out because they were wearing sleepwear in an inappropriate place.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 12:53

I must add though, I do think it's wrong that someone actually took their photo without their knowledge, then touted it round to the press.
I know the womens faces were not visible, and it is the women themselves who have decided to offer more personal info about themselves, but I still think the member of the public (whoever it was) overstepped the mark.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 16:15

Slovenly
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8290
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 17:45

So how is their language different to that of other people in the area? They speak English - unless their comments were translated. Also, I wouldn't say that going to the supermarket in your pyjamas was a cultural thing. Saying that the chap was racist is absurd.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 17:47

Eilzel wrote:Veya, Thorin, at no point have I suggesting stopping people dressing how they like. If people want to be lazy and keep their jimjams on then they are free to do so- but it is still quite lazy.

And what does it lead to? It could lead to a spiralling of lazy attitudes- why bother showering? Why bother dressing your kids properly? Why bother with decent table manners? Etc.


How is it being lazy?
Do they look obese to you Eilzel?
No. Just because people keep on comfort clothes to go and shop, does not mean they are lazy.
Also being lazy, is to order out food, or go to your neighbour for milk, not by going to the supermarket
Again its a self created standard people have made on whether its acceptable to wear dressing gowns.
So you are condemning them for being lazy, based how they are comfortable wearing such an outfit shopping.
That is inherently wrong and does not mean they will spiral into lazy attitudes at all.
Again now you bring children in to this and how should the be dressed?
In straight jackets?
What has table manners got to do with how people dress?
Its again misdirection

You did not answer all my points raised to you

Here they are again.

Sorry and what exactly can wearing a dressing gown lead to Eilzel?

Being comfortable in what you wear?

Not succumbing to peer pressure in what others perceive you should wear?

Again who are you to say how people should dress in public?

Why are people so set that they know what is dressing properly?

I ask you why do you perceive a t-shirt better than a dressing gown?

I will tell you, because you have been conditioned to believe that is what people should wear.
Again what standards?

How and why are you setting standards to something that is inconsequential?

Again back to respect?

How is clothes the bases for respect?

This is exactly how bullying starts, in how other children are teased over what they wear and succumb to peer pressure.

Again this is the Islamist root, as to what is respectful to wear in society. Where they are coerced through fear and peer pressure into what to wear. Whether that be through religious beliefs and laws. For one, its none of anyone else's business what people wear out in public and it has nothing to do with respects or standards, but how in reality people are being nothing more than snobs.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:35

Raggamuffin wrote:So how is their language different to that of other people in the area? They speak English - unless their comments were translated. Also, I wouldn't say that going to the supermarket in your pyjamas was a cultural thing. Saying that the chap was racist is absurd.

Playing the race card will get them some support though, it's one way to persuade the feeble minded that they have been treated unfairly, even though it's obviously not true.

They ended up in the papers because they look like slobs not for any other reason......they could be speaking double dutch if they like....I doubt anyone would bat an eye at that.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:40

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So how is their language different to that of other people in the area? They speak English - unless their comments were translated. Also, I wouldn't say that going to the supermarket in your pyjamas was a cultural thing. Saying that the chap was racist is absurd.

Playing the race card will get them some support though, it's one way to persuade the feeble  minded that they have been treated unfairly, even though it's obviously not true.

They ended up in the papers because they look like slobs not for any other reason......they could be speaking double dutch if they like....I doubt anyone would bat an eye at that.

They would have done better to just say "OK, we were being lazy, so what?"

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:41

To be fair, I wouldn't like someone to take a photo of me wearing something inappropriate and splash it all over the internet. Not that I ever wear anything inappropriate obviously. Laughing


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:44

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So how is their language different to that of other people in the area? They speak English - unless their comments were translated. Also, I wouldn't say that going to the supermarket in your pyjamas was a cultural thing. Saying that the chap was racist is absurd.

Playing the race card will get them some support though, it's one way to persuade the feeble  minded that they have been treated unfairly, even though it's obviously not true.

They ended up in the papers because they look like slobs not for any other reason......they could be speaking double dutch if they like....I doubt anyone would bat an eye at that.


How can it be untrue, if they ended up being targeted for being foreigners?
What if because they spoke in a foreign accent, he did use this to chastize them?
So to say its false, when you have no real idea of the motive of the person, who by the way took their picture, without their consent, is groundless. If you do not understand the heightened amount of racism in this country Syl, then you have not been reading the news.
Do non-obese people, who go out to shop, instead of ordering takeaways, are judged slobs, just because they wear comfort clothes?
Who would you feel if someone called you a "skank", "whore" etc just for how you dressed?
I would rightly condemn anyone that called you that just for how you dressed.
You are stigmatizing them falsely as slobs, based on zero evidence

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:48

Thorin wrote:Also it could very well be racist as to the motive

“I feel so embarrassed about it, that my picture is everywhere of me in my pyjamas.
“We were visiting family in Manchester and we just wanted to quickly get a few things.
“I’m disgusted that a man has taken our picture and put it online asking for Tesco to ban people wearing their pyjamas.
“We are travellers and we feel like it is sexist and racist.
“It’s an attack on our culture and way of life.”
The pair were shopping in Tesco in Salford, Gtr Manchester, wearing pink nightwear and slippers when they were photographed.

“There are hundreds of paedophiles molesting children who don’t get into the newspapers but I can’t go into Tesco in my pyjamas without being photographed.
“I don’t think it is fair asking Tesco to ban it.
“In my eyes it’s racist against travellers.
“Me and my mum were chatting and our language is different from other people and they probably realised that and decided to target us because of it.
“It would be different if I had no clothes on and was walking around naked – but I had clothes on.

“I don’t feel the need to impress the man who is complaining about it.

“I don’t need to dress up, put on make-up and do my hair for him.

“I only have my husband to impress, not some stranger in the supermarket.”

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:48

There's no suggestion that they're "foreign", and even if they are, it wouldn't be racist to criticise them.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:49

Raggamuffin wrote:There's no suggestion that they're "foreign", and even if they are, it wouldn't be racist to criticise them.


It would be if they were targeted for being foreign

Many foreign people here speak in their own language when with family and friends

She was with her mother.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:52

Tesco did ban pyjamas in one of their stores in Wales. Razz

Notices have been put up in the chain's supermarket in St Mellons in Cardiff saying: "Footwear must be worn at all times and no nightwear is permitted."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8484116.stm

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:53

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There's no suggestion that they're "foreign", and even if they are, it wouldn't be racist to criticise them.


It would be if they were targeted for being foreign

Many foreign people here speak in their own language when with family and friends

She was with her mother.

Do you not mean "xenophobic" then?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:54

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


It would be if they were targeted for being foreign

Many foreign people here speak in their own language when with family and friends

She was with her mother.

Do you not mean "xenophobic" then?


No racist, but it could also be xenophobic

Depends again on the views and motives of the person who took their photo without their consent

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:56

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Playing the race card will get them some support though, it's one way to persuade the feeble  minded that they have been treated unfairly, even though it's obviously not true.

They ended up in the papers because they look like slobs not for any other reason......they could be speaking double dutch if they like....I doubt anyone would bat an eye at that.


How can it be untrue, if they ended up being targeted for being foreigners?
What if because they spoke in a foreign accent, he did use this to chastize them?
So to say its false, when you have no real idea of the motive of the person, who by the way took their picture, without their consent, is groundless. If you do not understand the heightened amount of racism in this country Syl, then you have not been reading the news.
Do non-obese people, who go out to shop, instead of ordering takeaways, are judged slobs, just because they wear comfort clothes?
Who would you feel if someone called you a "skank", "whore" etc just for how you dressed?
I would rightly condemn anyone that called you that just for how you dressed.
You are stigmatizing them falsely as slobs, based on zero evidence

They say they were targeted for speaking in a foreign language....I don't believe them....obviously none of us know for sure, but we all have our own opinions.
I lived in that area for 25 years, it's a cosmopolitan area where people of many different races, religions, class, mix and work together.......so sorry Thor, I think they are saying this to garner a bit of support.

I don't think I am stigmatising them falsely either....they are slobs....and the evidence is there in black and white (well colour, but you get my drift) Wink

Various Slob definitions = slovenly, lazy, unattractive, boorish, the best one was ragamuffin. Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:58

There's no suggestion that they're from another country. They merely said their language is different to others. That could mean anything.

They played the race card because they're travellers - whatever that means these days.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:59

Raggamuffin wrote:To be fair, I wouldn't like someone to take a photo of me wearing something inappropriate and splash it all over the internet. Not that I ever wear anything inappropriate obviously.  Laughing


Well obviously ...we is laydees.

I don't think the man (or whoever it was) should have taken their pic....if he objected strongly enough, speaking to the management in Tesco about customers lowering the tone should have sufficed....then the onus is on the manager to act or the customer to shop elsewhere.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:03

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:


How can it be untrue, if they ended up being targeted for being foreigners?
What if because they spoke in a foreign accent, he did use this to chastize them?
So to say its false, when you have no real idea of the motive of the person, who by the way took their picture, without their consent, is groundless. If you do not understand the heightened amount of racism in this country Syl, then you have not been reading the news.
Do non-obese people, who go out to shop, instead of ordering takeaways, are judged slobs, just because they wear comfort clothes?
Who would you feel if someone called you a "skank", "whore" etc just for how you dressed?
I would rightly condemn anyone that called you that just for how you dressed.
You are stigmatizing them falsely as slobs, based on zero evidence

They say they were targeted for speaking in a foreign language....I don't believe them....obviously none of us know for sure, but we all have our own opinions.
I lived in that area for 25 years, it's a cosmopolitan area where people of many different races, religions, class, mix and work together.......so sorry Thor, I think they are saying this to garner a bit of support.

I don't think I am stigmatising them falsely either....they are slobs....and the evidence is there in black and white (well colour, but you get my drift) Wink

Various Slob definitions  = slovenly, lazy, unattractive, boorish, the best one was ragamuffin. Laughing


Whether you believe them or not does not mean they were not targeted for racism. Where even worse they do not deserve to be called slobs, because you hold some antiquated elitist attitude around dress etiquette.

No the evidence is not there at all, you have just judged them and again falsely, solely based off them being out one evening in dressing gowns. Ignoring that a real slob is someone that does not clean themselves and lounges around all the time. Yet they are out and shopping. When they could have ordered Tesco's to deliver, let alone order a take out. You see you ignore the fact that actually went out, which no slob would even bother to do, making your reasoning flawed. So in no way could you class them as slobs, based off they dressing in clothes they fell comfortable in. Your only claim on this, is you believe you can dictate to people what they wear, or will judge them and then castigate them rudely for doing so. Based off some elitist view that you are superior to them, by how they dress.


Last edited by Thorin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:06; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:06

Raggamuffin wrote:There's no suggestion that they're from another country. They merely said their language is different to others. That could mean anything.

They played the race card because they're travellers - whatever that means these days.

I think the womens argument that someone is being racist towards them....and they have been targeted because they were "talking in a language different to other people" (whatever that means) are just red herrings.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:07

Raggamuffin wrote:There's no suggestion that they're from another country. They merely said their language is different to others. That could mean anything.

They played the race card because they're travellers - whatever that means these days.


So you are saying they are liars then
They said they were travelers
Either gypsies or foreigners which you can certainly be racist towards both

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by eddie on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:11

The photo was taken because they were wearing nightwear, no other reason.

_________________
“I’m writing to reach you now but...
I might never reach you,
Only want to teach you...about you”.

~ Travis
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36027
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:11

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There's no suggestion that they're from another country. They merely said their language is different to others. That could mean anything.

They played the race card because they're travellers - whatever that means these days.


So you are saying they are liars then
They said they were travelers
Either gypsies or foreigners which you can certainly be racist towards both

I'm querying what a "traveller" is since many of them don't seem to travel much. Going to Manchester to visit relatives doesn't count.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:12

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

They say they were targeted for speaking in a foreign language....I don't believe them....obviously none of us know for sure, but we all have our own opinions.
I lived in that area for 25 years, it's a cosmopolitan area where people of many different races, religions, class, mix and work together.......so sorry Thor, I think they are saying this to garner a bit of support.

I don't think I am stigmatising them falsely either....they are slobs....and the evidence is there in black and white (well colour, but you get my drift) Wink

Various Slob definitions  = slovenly, lazy, unattractive, boorish, the best one was ragamuffin. Laughing


Whether you believe them or not does not mean they were not targeted for racism. Where even worse they do not deserve to be called slobs, because you hold some antiquated elitist attitude around dress etiquette.

No the evidence is not there at all, you have just judged them and again falsely, solely based off them being out one evening in dressing gowns. Ignoring that a real slob is someone that does not clean themselves and lounges around all the time. Yet they are out and shopping. When they could have ordered Tesco's to deliver, let alone order a take out. You see you ignore the fact that actually went out, which no slob would even bother to do, making your reasoning flawed. So in no way could you class them as slobs, based off they dressing in clothes they fell comfortable in. Your only claim on this, is you believe you can dictate to people what they wear, or will judge them and then castigate them rudely for doing so. Based off some elitist view that you are superior to them, by how they dress.

So....they went out (according to them) to buy the baby some milk....they also wander round Tesco (and according to some people did more walking around in and out of various shops in Salford precinct) in pj's slippers and dressing gowns....with hangovers. So, not only do I think they are slobs Thor, I would hazard a guess they are bringing (or dragging) their unfortunate broods up the same way.

Then, they try to defend their slovenly ways by playing the race card.......tut tut. Evil or Very Mad

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:12

eddie wrote:The photo was taken because they were wearing nightwear, no other reason.


So you know the person and he has honestly told you that?

What if they are gypsies?

Have you considered this could have been the reason that he actually took the photo, due to the stigmatism they face by people?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by eddie on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:16

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:The photo was taken because they were wearing nightwear, no other reason.


So you know the person and he has honestly told you that?

What if they are gypsies?

Have you considered this could have been the reason that he actually took the photo, due to the stigmatism they face by people?

Yes I've considered it and because the guy who took the photo went to the trouble of making a point about their clothing, and nothing else, I would take it that he only took the photo because of what they were wearing and nothing else.

It is the two women, who are surmising as to why he took the photo.

_________________
“I’m writing to reach you now but...
I might never reach you,
Only want to teach you...about you”.

~ Travis
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36027
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:18

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Whether you believe them or not does not mean they were not targeted for racism. Where even worse they do not deserve to be called slobs, because you hold some antiquated elitist attitude around dress etiquette.

No the evidence is not there at all, you have just judged them and again falsely, solely based off them being out one evening in dressing gowns. Ignoring that a real slob is someone that does not clean themselves and lounges around all the time. Yet they are out and shopping. When they could have ordered Tesco's to deliver, let alone order a take out. You see you ignore the fact that actually went out, which no slob would even bother to do, making your reasoning flawed. So in no way could you class them as slobs, based off they dressing in clothes they fell comfortable in. Your only claim on this, is you believe you can dictate to people what they wear, or will judge them and then castigate them rudely for doing so. Based off some elitist view that you are superior to them, by how they dress.

So....they went out (according to them) to buy the baby some milk....they also wander round Tesco (and according to some people did more walking around in and out of various shops in Salford precinct) in pj's slippers and dressing gowns....with hangovers. So, not only do I think they are  slobs Thor, I would hazard a guess they are bringing (or dragging) their unfortunate broods up the same way.

Then, they try to defend their slovenly ways by playing the race card.......tut tut. Evil or Very Mad


You have just justified now making it acceptably to abuse women for how they dressed.
I just proved they are not slobs, because they went out to shop
Tesco's deliver out to 11pm, this was 7pm.
A slob would not have bothered going out, they would call Tesco's to deliver, go to a neighbour for milk, get a friend to go out for them. They did none of this. They went out to shop. So we are left with you have a snobbish elitist attitude, so backwards, I place it alongside Islamists, when they castigate women for what they wear

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:20

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:


So you know the person and he has honestly told you that?

What if they are gypsies?

Have you considered this could have been the reason that he actually took the photo, due to the stigmatism they face by people?

Yes I've considered it and because the guy who took the photo went to the trouble of making a point about their clothing, and nothing else, I would take it that he only took the photo because of what they were wearing and nothing else.

It is the two women, who are surmising as to why he took the photo.


Then you are looking at this one dimentionally

I have seen this happen before where women go out in their dressing gowns to dress

Is it possible, that he may never have taken the photo, if not for the fact that they were gypsies?
That he would not have bothered if they were English?

All, you are doing is taking his side for granted

I am not saying that it is racist, but that it could be

You have wrongly ruled that out

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:30

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

So....they went out (according to them) to buy the baby some milk....they also wander round Tesco (and according to some people did more walking around in and out of various shops in Salford precinct) in pj's slippers and dressing gowns....with hangovers. So, not only do I think they are  slobs Thor, I would hazard a guess they are bringing (or dragging) their unfortunate broods up the same way.

Then, they try to defend their slovenly ways by playing the race card.......tut tut. Evil or Very Mad


You have just justified now making it acceptably to abuse women for how they dressed.
I just proved they are not slobs, because they went out to shop
Tesco's deliver out to 11pm, this was 7pm.
A slob would not have bothered going out, they would call Tesco's to deliver, go to a neighbour for milk, get a friend to go out for them. They did none of this. They went out to shop. So we are left with you have a snobbish elitist attitude, so backwards, I place it alongside Islamists, when they castigate women for what they wear

I have said twice I don't agree anyone should have taken their photo....it's not really the way to handle a complaint imo.
You have not proven they are not slobs at all Thor....I would say the opposite.

They leave getting vital foodstuffs for their defencless baby till Seven pm....and they are still suffering from hangovers....that's hardly responsible parenting in my eyes.

I don't know why you think "A slob would not bother going out"...they are out all the time, usually feeding their poor kids a bad diet in McDonalds or blowing smoke in their faces as they huddle together discussing what they are going to spend their latest giro on. Razz


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:35

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes I've considered it and because the guy who took the photo went to the trouble of making a point about their clothing, and nothing else, I would take it that he only took the photo because of what they were wearing and nothing else.

It is the two women, who are surmising as to why he took the photo.


Then you are looking at this one dimentionally

I have seen this happen before where women go out in their dressing gowns to dress

Is it possible, that he may never have taken the photo, if not for the fact that they were gypsies?
That he would not have bothered if they were English?

All, you are doing is taking his side for granted

I am not saying that it is racist, but that it could be

You have wrongly ruled that out

Seriously, there is a woman who lives in my street who is often seen getting in her car (day and night) in her pyjamas and slippers. In the school holidays she takes her child with her (she is about 8 or 9) The mum is very slim, the little girl is very over weight. They then come back laden with McDonalds cartons.....which the poor kid seems to live on in the summer....so no wonder she is overweight....the mum has various boyfriends coming and going.
The child plays out in her pyjamas or nightie at all times of the day and evening.

Would you call this woman a slob Thor?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:36

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:


You have just justified now making it acceptably to abuse women for how they dressed.
I just proved they are not slobs, because they went out to shop
Tesco's deliver out to 11pm, this was 7pm.
A slob would not have bothered going out, they would call Tesco's to deliver, go to a neighbour for milk, get a friend to go out for them. They did none of this. They went out to shop. So we are left with you have a snobbish elitist attitude, so backwards, I place it alongside Islamists, when they castigate women for what they wear

I have said twice I don't agree anyone should have taken their photo....it's not really the way to handle a complaint imo.
You have not proven they are not slobs at all Thor....I would say the opposite.

They leave getting vital foodstuffs for their defencless baby till Seven pm....and they are still suffering from hangovers....that's hardly responsible parenting in my eyes.

I don't know why you think "A slob would not bother going out"...they are out all the time, usually feeding their poor kids a bad diet in McDonalds or blowing smoke in their faces as they huddle together discussing what they are going to spend their latest giro on.  Razz



She has a husband, so now you claim they are leaving their child alone at home on even less evidence but again on what they have dressed in. How worse can you dig yourself a hole here judging people simply for how they dressed? She was honest that she had a hang over. Which can last all day, and hence why she said she was in the dressing clothes. Did you think of that. You claim she feeds them bad diets, yet she has gone out for milk for her baby. That is not Mcdonalds, is it?

All they did was go out for some food, for her baby. This has brought on some of the most outlandish and unfounded claims about them, because you have first of all wrongly stigmatized them as slobs for how they dressed. As seen a slob, would not even bother to get some food for the baby. They would also get a takeaway if they were hungry, or get Tesco's to deliver. You have just judged her only off the dressing gown and in the most appalling manner possible. No uncaring mother would bother going out to get food or milk for their baby.
You don;t know her from Adam, and off one picture have ripped the shit out of her for it.

Like I said, you should be ashamed of yourself Syl

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:39

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Then you are looking at this one dimentionally

I have seen this happen before where women go out in their dressing gowns to dress

Is it possible, that he may never have taken the photo, if not for the fact that they were gypsies?
That he would not have bothered if they were English?

All, you are doing is taking his side for granted

I am not saying that it is racist, but that it could be

You have wrongly ruled that out

Seriously, there is a woman who lives in my street who is often seen getting in her car (day and night) in her pyjamas and slippers. In the school holidays she takes her child with her (she is about 8 or 9) The mum is very slim, the little girl is very over weight. They then come back laden with McDonalds cartons.....which the poor kid seems to live on in the summer....so no wonder she is overweight....the mum has various boyfriends coming and going.
The child plays out in her pyjamas or nightie at all times of the day and evening.

Would you call this woman a slob Thor?

What has that got to do with the woman in the photo?
Does that mean you can castigate this mother in the picture based on your flawed guilt by association argument. 

The woman in your street, why have you not called social services, if you think she is a bad mother?
Are you not as much at fault for t he claims, the kids are being neglected, as you seem to claim?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:39

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have said twice I don't agree anyone should have taken their photo....it's not really the way to handle a complaint imo.
You have not proven they are not slobs at all Thor....I would say the opposite.

They leave getting vital foodstuffs for their defencless baby till Seven pm....and they are still suffering from hangovers....that's hardly responsible parenting in my eyes.

I don't know why you think "A slob would not bother going out"...they are out all the time, usually feeding their poor kids a bad diet in McDonalds or blowing smoke in their faces as they huddle together discussing what they are going to spend their latest giro on.  Razz



She has a husband, so now you claim they are leaving their child alone at home on even less evidence but again on what they have dressed in. How worse can you dig yourself a hole here judging people simply for how they dressed? She was honest that she had a hang over. Which can last all day, and hence why she said she was in the dressing clothes. Did you think of that. You claim she feeds them bad diets, yet she has gone out for milk for her baby. That is not Mcdonalds, is it?

All they did was go out for some food, for her baby. This has brought on some of the most outlandish and unfounded claims about them, because you have first of all wrongly stigmatized them as slobs for how they dressed. As seen a slob, would not even bother to get some food for the baby. They would also get a takeaway if they were hungry, or get Tesco's to deliver. You have just judged her only off the dressing gown and in the most appalling manner possible. No uncaring mother would bother going out to get food or milk for their baby.
You don;t know her from Adam, and off one picture have ripped the shit out of her for it.

Like I said, you should be ashamed of yourself Syl

I would also add....her husband cant be much cop either.
You would think HE would be the one to tend to the baby and go out to buy it's milk ....instead he lets his slovenly wife show herself up and end up all over the newspapers and internet.
When she sobers up enough she should look at the state of her marriage too. Twisted Evil

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:43

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:


She has a husband, so now you claim they are leaving their child alone at home on even less evidence but again on what they have dressed in. How worse can you dig yourself a hole here judging people simply for how they dressed? She was honest that she had a hang over. Which can last all day, and hence why she said she was in the dressing clothes. Did you think of that. You claim she feeds them bad diets, yet she has gone out for milk for her baby. That is not Mcdonalds, is it?

All they did was go out for some food, for her baby. This has brought on some of the most outlandish and unfounded claims about them, because you have first of all wrongly stigmatized them as slobs for how they dressed. As seen a slob, would not even bother to get some food for the baby. They would also get a takeaway if they were hungry, or get Tesco's to deliver. You have just judged her only off the dressing gown and in the most appalling manner possible. No uncaring mother would bother going out to get food or milk for their baby.
You don;t know her from Adam, and off one picture have ripped the shit out of her for it.

Like I said, you should be ashamed of yourself Syl

I would also add....her husband cant be much cop either.
You would think HE would be the one to tend to the baby and go out to buy it's milk ....instead he lets his slovenly wife show herself up and end up all over the newspapers and internet.
When she sobers up enough she should look at the state of her marriage too. Twisted Evil


Really? What age do you live in?
The 1950's?
He may have just come home from work all day and be knackered.
So now you are unjustly castigating the husband too.
Do you expect husbands to do everything?
Its the 21st century where its equality, where both parents do these things.
Maybe, he said the best thing for her to do, was get some fresh air for her hangover
That is being a good husband

There is me praising you as a mother and I do this based off many views I have come to know about you and on one picture, you have judged and dreamt up the biggest load of shit about this mother, based on nothing more than what she wore

Get a grip of yourself and see how poorly you are being syl

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:46

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Seriously, there is a woman who lives in my street who is often seen getting in her car (day and night) in her pyjamas and slippers. In the school holidays she takes her child with her (she is about 8 or 9) The mum is very slim, the little girl is very over weight. They then come back laden with McDonalds cartons.....which the poor kid seems to live on in the summer....so no wonder she is overweight....the mum has various boyfriends coming and going.
The child plays out in her pyjamas or nightie at all times of the day and evening.

Would you call this woman a slob Thor?

What has that got to do with the woman in the photo?
Does that mean you can castigate this mother in the picture based on your flawed guilt by association argument. 

The woman in your street, why have you not called social services, if you think she is a bad mother?
Are you not as much at fault for t he claims, the kids are being neglected, as you seem to claim?

It doesn't have anything to do with the photo (apart from her inappropriate dress) I was just sharing..... Wink

I would certainly not call social services on the woman in my street...she actually lives with her own mum and dad (the childs grandparents ) too.....so between them I am sure even though the child is overweight and imo not being brought up healthily....involving social services would not help her.

I think you are clutching at straws now Thor tbh....

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:48

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes I've considered it and because the guy who took the photo went to the trouble of making a point about their clothing, and nothing else, I would take it that he only took the photo because of what they were wearing and nothing else.

It is the two women, who are surmising as to why he took the photo.


Then you are looking at this one dimentionally

I have seen this happen before where women go out in their dressing gowns to dress

Is it possible, that he may never have taken the photo, if not for the fact that they were gypsies?
That he would not have bothered if they were English?

All, you are doing is taking his side for granted

I am not saying that it is racist, but that it could be

You have wrongly ruled that out

There's no suggestion that they're not English though.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31301
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:49

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

What has that got to do with the woman in the photo?
Does that mean you can castigate this mother in the picture based on your flawed guilt by association argument. 

The woman in your street, why have you not called social services, if you think she is a bad mother?
Are you not as much at fault for t he claims, the kids are being neglected, as you seem to claim?

It doesn't have anything to do with the photo (apart from her inappropriate dress) I was just sharing..... Wink

I would certainly not call social services on the woman in my street...she actually lives with her own mum and dad (the childs grandparents ) too.....so between them I am sure even though the child is overweight and imo not being brought up healthily....involving social services would not help her.

I think you are clutching at straws now Thor tbh....


Here we go again
Its not inappropriate

There is no law on this, so how is it inappropriate, unless you are being a snob?
So you have no idea about the family down the street, and just like this use this as a good excuse to bitch about people
That is all I am seeing
You have judged the women in the photo based on the worst unfounded accusations and all based on how you hold some elitist standing on how people should dress
You should change your name to "Mean Girl"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:51

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Then you are looking at this one dimentionally

I have seen this happen before where women go out in their dressing gowns to dress

Is it possible, that he may never have taken the photo, if not for the fact that they were gypsies?
That he would not have bothered if they were English?

All, you are doing is taking his side for granted

I am not saying that it is racist, but that it could be

You have wrongly ruled that out

There's no suggestion that they're not English though.


The mother certainly would not be would she?
Even if the daughter was English, she is certainly from another ethnic group is she not?
Remember they were speaking in another language

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Syl on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:55

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I would also add....her husband cant be much cop either.
You would think HE would be the one to tend to the baby and go out to buy it's milk ....instead he lets his slovenly wife show herself up and end up all over the newspapers and internet.
When she sobers up enough she should look at the state of her marriage too. Twisted Evil


Really? What age do you live in?
The 1950's?
He may have just come home from work all day and be knackered.
So now you are unjustly castigating the husband too.
Do you expect husbands to do everything?
Its the 21st century where its equality, where both parents do these things.
Maybe, he said the best thing for her to do, was get some fresh air for her hangover
That is being a good husband

There is me praising you as a mother and I do this based off many views I have come to know about you and on one picture, you have judged and dreamt up the biggest load of shit about this mother, based on nothing more than what she wore

Get a grip of yourself and see how poorly you are being syl

You have built a bigger scenario around this woman and her lifestyle than I have.....and I was joking half the time. Razz

Look....the simple facts are the woman and her mother SAY they were shopping for a babies milk, others say they wandered round the precinct visiting various shops..... so the milk story is probably made up.
Also they are clutching at straws (at best) lying through their teeth (probably) when they say have been targeted because of their language.....that's just another red herring.
If they are so confident that how they look and act is acceptable why make excuses?


You think it's acceptable to wander round outside in nightclothes.....I don't.
You say you would go out in pj's....talks cheap, if you would why don't you?

Bottom line is we don't agree on this subject....but it's still been a lively debate. x

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16883
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you allow pyjama wearing shoppers onto your premises?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum