EUREKA.....I have found it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EUREKA.....I have found it.

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:20 pm

A way to bring some sort of order to the forum.
Everyone MUST post their own photo and use their own name. Twisted Evil

No hiding behind avis ....no hiding behind false names, you put your own name and face to everything you post........sorted.

I am guessing the biggest liars would the quickest to leave. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EUREKA.....I have found it.

Post by eddie on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:37 pm

I have zero problem with that but some people are very private Syl and wouldn't want to.

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:01 pm

I have an idea... admin should just act against those who break the rules...

And keep doing it.

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Syl wrote:A way to bring some sort of order to the forum.

No hiding behind avis ....no hiding behind false names, you put your own name and face to everything you post........sorted.

Not a bad idea on the face of it but unfortunately we have some nasty people in forum land and others who are too stupid to realise who they are supporting. It wouldn't end well No
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:12 pm

eddie wrote:I have zero problem with that but some people are very private Syl and wouldn't want to.

Privacy is not allowed Eddie....everybody must lay themselves bare. Twisted Evil

I'm joking obviously, but it would be one way to ensure people didn't hide behind their computers spouting lies and insults.....it concentrates the mind to know that you are speaking to people in your own image not a made up one.
It also shows that person is genuine....I know it'll never happen, but it's a nice thought.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Miffs2 wrote:

Not a bad idea on the face of it but unfortunately we have some nasty people in forum land and others who are too stupid to realise who they are supporting. It wouldn't end well No

That Miffs, is the other reason people don't show themselves on forums....I understand it, I have never been doxed or stalked in real life ...but I know people who have and it's horrible.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

That Miffs, is the other reason people don't show themselves on forums....I understand it, I have never been doxed or stalked in real life ...but I know people who have and it's horrible.

It is horrible. I agree. I have received extensive training regarding supporting stalking victims and the lengths some people will go to both online and in real life is very disturbing. Police are much better than they were, but people still don't report. Especially when it is online.
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

It is horrible. I agree. I have received extensive training regarding supporting stalking victims and the lengths some people will go to both online and in real life is very disturbing. Police are much better than they were, but people still don't report. Especially when it is online.

Do you think it's because they don't think they will be taken seriously? I think/hope online stalking is taken more seriously now by the police.
I have been stalked online, it didn't affect my real life, but I can see how easily it could encroach into someones private life, psychologically even if not physically. We read about people who have killed themselves because of it....and less often of people who have killed themselves because they have ben exposed for doing it.

The internet has certainly given cowards a very good way to express themselves.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Do you think it's because they don't think they will be taken seriously? I think/hope online stalking is taken more seriously now by the police.
I have been stalked online, it didn't affect my real life, but I can see how easily it could encroach into someones private life, psychologically even if not physically. We read about people who have killed themselves because of it....and less often of people who have killed themselves because they have ben exposed for doing it.

Exactly because they think they won't be taken seriously, even more so if it's on line. I'm sure people think if they do it from behind a screen it doesn't count and they can't be traced.
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

Exactly because they think they won't be taken seriously, even more so if it's on line. I'm sure people think if they do it from behind a screen it doesn't count and they can't be traced.

I think every day we can see people write something on a forum that...if they actually said this to a persons face, or wrote it in a letter, they would be charged with slander or libel......not to mention the harassment that some people have to endure online, in RL it would be an arrestable offence.

So I do see why some people prefer to remain private. On the other hand Miffs....can you imagine, if everyone HAD to show their real face and name before they posted online.....all the cases of online harassment would disappear overnight.

This privacy lark is a double edged sword. Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I think every day we can see people write something on a forum that...if they actually said this to a persons face, or wrote it in a letter, they would be charged with slander or libel......not to mention the harassment that some people have to endure online, in RL it would be an arrestable offence.

So I do see why some people prefer to remain private. On the other hand Miffs....can you imagine, if everyone HAD to show their real face and name before they posted online.....all the cases of online harassment would disappear overnight.

This privacy lark is a double edged sword. Laughing

Oh without doubt it would make some people mend their ways!
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Crank up the identity thieves.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:25 pm

If I did that it wouldn't bring order, it would bring hysteria.

Laughing

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:29 pm

I'll just post a pic of Angelina Jolie and pretend it's me. Razz

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:29 pm

ref the post title....

just for one min................... such was the shout of EUREKA........I thought you had found your G-Spot....... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Syl my friend, that is a bad thing to do, considering there is so much cyber crime these days. Would any of us be safe? I don't think so. What ever will you think of next? Posting our addresses as well?

The best way to run a forum is to ban permanently those who are abusive and keep using foul language, there's no need for it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:52 pm

stardesk wrote:Syl my friend, that is a bad thing to do, considering there is so much cyber crime these days. Would any of us be safe? I don't think so. What ever will you think of next? Posting our addresses as well?

The best way to run a forum is to ban permanently those who are abusive and keep using foul language, there's no need for it.

OK...I admit it may not work.... but maybe that's because people have never tried it.
I joined up on my first forum with my real name (I would never give my surname or any other personal info out though) I have also posted my own pics several times on forums where I trust the majority of people....as do plenty of other people I have posted with over the years....guess what, I'm still here. Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Lord Foul wrote:ref the post title....

just for one min................... such was the shout of EUREKA........I thought you had found your G-Spot....... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Remember fluffy bunny? She spent a long time looking for hers lol!
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:ref the post title....

Remember fluffy bunny? She spent a long time looking for hers lol!
To be fair...Fluffy had lots of help. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:06 pm

now now...put away the claws ladies.....and the scurrilous gossip Rolling Eyes

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Lord Foul wrote:now now...put away the claws ladies.....and the scurrilous gossip Rolling Eyes

Lol....no claws or gossip, Fluffy was honest about it all.....I always liked her. Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Sp did I Embarassed

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Many people did...she made friends as well as enemies.
If she ever looks in ...I hope she is well and happy. I love you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Major wrote:I'd post a picci of James Robertson Justice for Syl.

Lol...I just use that as a mental image because I don't really know what you look like.
Everyone knows what I look like...and tbh that's the way I like it, I like people knowing who they are talking to.....I know it's not for everyone, and I admit I was naïve when I first joined forums....but I would probably do it all the same even if I joined forums today....whats to hide?.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Lord Foul wrote:now now...put away the claws ladies.....and the scurrilous gossip Rolling Eyes

I take it you didn't see her love bead extraction photos?
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:25 pm

Syl wrote:Many people did...she made friends as well as enemies.
If she ever looks in ...I hope she is well and happy. I love you

She had a nice figure.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:25 pm

Syl wrote:

Lol....no claws or gossip, Fluffy was honest about it all.....I always liked her. Laughing

Yeah, she never kept back the anal shots and shared all her vids.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Shocked I remember Fluffy Bunny, never saw any dodgy pictures or videos though. Thank the Lord!
harvesmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:34 pm

harvesmom wrote:Shocked I remember Fluffy Bunny, never saw any dodgy pictures or videos though. Thank the Lord!

You were lucky. She got booted off a couple of forums for posting links to her porno vids.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:36 pm

what HAVE i missed Laughing

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Lord Foul wrote:what HAVE i missed Laughing

Well, it was early days and she said she was new to forums blah blah...and she did stop posting them when she realised nobody was that interested in checking out her gizzards. She's not an unintelligent woman, and I quite liked her when she wasn't being an arse. (BOOM BOOM!)
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Well actually very few people on forums use their photos on their avvies. A very tiny percent.
More do, on social media.

I know all your long term friends, about 6 or 7 of them, not one of them has ever used their photos.
You are the only one in your group who does.
The deal on forums is ... use your photo if you wish, and don't if you don't wish.
Jules

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:49 pm

If someone really pleaded with me to show them my photo, and I trusted them, I'd probably show them - but then I would wonder why they were so desperate to see it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Jules wrote:If someone really pleaded with me to show them my photo, and I trusted them, I'd probably show them - but then I would wonder why they were so desperate to see it.

I doubt anyone would plead to see your photo tbh, and if they did, I would also be suspicious.
You said I'm the only one in a group of long term friends to use my own pic...not true, several people I have posted with over the years have used their own pics on forums, many other have sent me their pics privately, and they will always remain private, because as you said....it's up to the individual whether they want to keep their pics private or not.

It was a tongue in cheek thread by the way....not an order. Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Obviously I always portray my own self in my avatar, hope you all like Smile Meow!
Bella

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:09 pm

You are a very attractive and well dressed pussy Bella...I always thought so. cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Just watch Trump doesnt grab you.....

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Syl wrote:You are a very attractive and well dressed pussy Bella...I always thought so. cat

One does one's best, at my age it is always best to be well groomed. Smile x
Bella

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top