Why has major been banned?

Go down

Why has major been banned?

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:48 am

Anyone know why major has been banned again?

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has major been banned?

Post by Lord Foul on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 pm

read the thread involved, then heed the last few lines of the post I made...

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19027-major-can-t-reply-on-the-thread-ben

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:19 pm

I agree a bit with Nems. Is passive action the same as active action? I mean...he just wasn't answering a question.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:I agree a bit with Nems.  Is passive action the same as active action?  I mean...he just wasn't answering a question.

read my post to him again

what you talk about above wasnt the reason I banned him

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I agree a bit with Nems.  Is passive action the same as active action?  I mean...he just wasn't answering a question.

read my post to him again

what you talk about above wasnt the reason I banned him

Yes...well I had to take a stab. Your link just takes you to the thread, and I don't know what or which cross words precipitated it.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:39 pm

It was a witch hunt which mods have been aware of for a couple of months then he went and said something incredibly stupid and pretty indefensible.

“The great charm in argument is really finding one's own opinions, not other people's”
- Evelyn Waugh
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:39 pm

Meh....

all you want is an excuse to cause a shit fest....whilst at the time trying to represent yourself as all squeaky clean...

I said on the original thread that there will be no further discussion of the matter...it is NOT open to debate

and that anyone doing so would follow him....

I have let the above pass....

no more

THREAD LOCKED

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:41 pm

scrat wrote:Banning posters is a sign of the moderators weakness in seeking power for themselves, there is no need for it

They enjoy (a tad too much) the ability to shut posters up, especially when the topic becomes uncomfortable.

No poster should ever be banned, if you don't like what they're saying challenge them, if they start being abusive abuse them back or simply ignore them.

But you all called for major to be banned.
Sassy started a thread and said as much. scratch

“The great charm in argument is really finding one's own opinions, not other people's”
- Evelyn Waugh
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down