One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Go down

One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by Independent Thoughts on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:37 pm

WSJ wrote:
Percentage of Young Americans Living With Parents Rises to 75-Year High

Almost 40% of young Americans were living with their parents, siblings or other relatives in 2015, the largest percentage since 1940, according to an analysis of census data by real estate tracker Trulia.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/percentage-of-young-americans-living-with-parents-rises-to-75-year-high-1482316203


Liberal/Democratic Party economic policies = major FAIL!

Independent Thoughts

Posts : 552
Join date : 2014-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by eddie on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Why do you seem to hate Liberals?

_________________
“The closer one gets to the heart of truth, often times, the resistance or ego, gets really epic NASTY!”
― johnjwillard


Do you get nasty...?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36408
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:Why do you seem to hate Liberals?

Oh, don't you listen to what he says? He "hates both sides equally." That's why he exclusively criticizes the left.

_________________
“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25113
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:
WSJ wrote:
Percentage of Young Americans Living With Parents Rises to 75-Year High

Almost 40% of young Americans were living with their parents, siblings or other relatives in 2015, the largest percentage since 1940, according to an analysis of census data by real estate tracker Trulia.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/percentage-of-young-americans-living-with-parents-rises-to-75-year-high-1482316203


Liberal/Democratic Party economic policies = major FAIL!

It's been a conservative/Republican Congress making policy since 2012 = major FAIL!

But I like what Mother Jones said about this article:

Mother Jones wrote:Hmmm. "Rising since 2005." I'll assume that's technically true, but take a look at the chart that accompanies the Journal piece. The number of young adults living with their parents rose in the 70s. And the 80s. And the aughts. And the teens. Basically, it's been on an upward trend for nearly half a century. That seems more noteworthy to me than the fact that it failed to blip slightly downward after the Great Recession ended.

Part of the reason, of course, is that people have been getting married and settling down later in life. According to the OECD, the average age at first marriage has increased nearly five years just since 1990, and ranges between 30 and 35 around the world:



The United States is still at the low end of the world average.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 26600
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by eddie on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Why do you seem to hate Liberals?

Oh, don't you listen to what he says? He "hates both sides equally." That's why he exclusively criticizes the left.


Well that's why I asked. His criticisms seem to be entirely directed at Liberals.

_________________
“The closer one gets to the heart of truth, often times, the resistance or ego, gets really epic NASTY!”
― johnjwillard


Do you get nasty...?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36408
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by Original Quill on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:25 am

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Oh, don't you listen to what he says? He "hates both sides equally." That's why he exclusively criticizes the left.

Well that's why I asked. His criticisms seem to be entirely directed at Liberals.

Well, I believe Ben was being facetious.  IT is one of those who has been personally hurt by the many betrayals of his own Republican party.  First, GWB betrays America with kidnapping, rape, torture and murder.  Then, Republicans come up with this complete dufus, who wins the election.  To someone trying to stand his party ground, it's a total embarrassment.

But he doesn't want to give up his fundamental convictions.  And for a RW'er, the game is to post catchy jingles and half-thought-through ideas like what prompted this thread.  What can he do?  He disavows everyone in order to appear his own man, then leaves cryptic posts that reveal who he is for.  He's a RW'r who is embarrassed to admit it, quite simple really. And would you blame him?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 26600
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:07 am



ONCE AGAIN,  'Ivanka Insular Thoughts' proves that (s)he knows less than zero about American history, politics and economics...

Blames Obama for the GOP Congress's stalling actions..
Blames Obama for the Reaganomics policies..
Blames Obama for cold weather.

Ivanka keeps on pushing fake news stories as if they were facts, and expects everyone to believe those outright lies..

I/T...   The ultimate spamming internet troll..          

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6569
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by Independent Thoughts on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Oh, boy...
You leave for a few days and the crazies take over the asylum.

Eddie, when you (and millions of other liberals) were berating Bush for his policies and failures, was it because you hate Republicans or Conservatives?  
I don't know you all that well, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you don't hate them; you just feel strongly against how they've been governing and voiced your displeasure.
Correct?

So, why is it when someone points out major failures by the Democrats, it's suddenly hate speech?
This is reason #1 (of the hundreds of reasons) why Hillary lost the election by a whopping landslide margin:  People are sick and tired of the Democrats and Liberals always playing the victim and refuse to accept accountability for their actions and inactions.  When Obama was elected, the Democrats owned the White House and Congress.  They could have done everything and anything they wanted… but were too lazy to.

It’s not the Russians’ fault that Hillary’s corruption was exposed via hers, Podesta’s, and DNC’s internal emails.  Think about it:  if they hadn’t committed such acts of corruption, what would there have been to expose?  The Democrats were caught and instead of accepting their failures and pledging to become better, they start pointing fingers at the Russians, the FBI, Anthony Weiner, racists, blah, blah, blah…

When did touting the facts suddenly become signs of hatred?


@Quill
Your delirious Mother Jones blog claims the reason soooo many people have been moving back in with mommy and daddy is because “people have been getting married and settling down later in life.”

Huh?  That’s the dumbest most desperate excuse I’ve heard in defense of a Democrat fail.
I moved out on my own when I was 17 and didn’t start a family until just as many years later.  I had a stable, robust and growing economy as winds in my sails to help me find gainful employment to support myself so that I didn’t have to move back home with my parents.  That’s been nearly impossible for a great many, since Obama took the Oval Office.

Face it.  The Democratic Party, as it is today and has been for the past dozen years, has been little more than an experiment in introducing socialism and Big Government on a grand scale to the American people.
It. Has. Failed.  And people have rejected it, over and over.
You point solely to Hillary’s loss.  Have you also forgotten how the Democrats lost the Senate, lost the House, lost governorships to half the states it once held, and lost the legislature in just as many states?  People have been rejecting the Liberal ideology for the past 3 elections, and yet you still think people want it?  
Bye, bye, Democratic Party.  You’re on the fast slide down.

@Wolfie
Lay down and lick your posterior-end clean, like a good Wolfie.  

Independent Thoughts

Posts : 552
Join date : 2014-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by Original Quill on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 pm

IT wrote:@Quill
Your delirious Mother Jones blog claims the reason soooo many people have been moving back in with mommy and daddy is because “people have been getting married and settling down later in life.”

Huh?  That’s the dumbest most desperate excuse I’ve heard in defense of a Democrat fail.
I moved out on my own when I was 17 and didn’t start a family until just as many years later.  I had a stable, robust and growing economy as winds in my sails to help me find gainful employment to support myself so that I didn’t have to move back home with my parents.  That’s been nearly impossible for a great many, since Obama took the Oval Office.

Face it.  The Democratic Party, as it is today and has been for the past dozen years, has been little more than an experiment in introducing socialism and Big Government on a grand scale to the American people.
It. Has. Failed.  And people have rejected it, over and over.
You point solely to Hillary’s loss.  Have you also forgotten how the Democrats lost the Senate, lost the House, lost governorships to half the states it once held, and lost the legislature in just as many states?  People have been rejecting the Liberal ideology for the past 3 elections, and yet you still think people want it?  
Bye, bye, Democratic Party.  You’re on the fast slide down.

All attitude & adjectives, IT.  Like names & faces, they don’t advance your argument in any way.  I don’t give a damn about your personal story—it doesn’t advance the discussion any.  You can’t generalize from specifics.

If the Democratic Party has been an experiment in socialism, great!  Socialism is what is needed.  Have you ever noticed that whenever a nation wants something to get done, it—as the saying goes—does it itself?  

If you want a big, bad military, do you go to Brinks Guards for the Army…Perception Kayaks for the Navy?  No, you do it yourself.  Did it ever occur to you that the US military is the largest socialist organization in the world?  And isn’t that true with police, fire, Coast Guard, the FBI…all in-house, socialist organizations, owned by the people, existing for the people, and made up of the people.

Socialism is doing it yourself, nothing more.  We feel safest with socialist institutions, however we trick ourselves into not realizing it.  We talk good ideology, but in RL we act otherwise.  But that’s instinct…the autonomic nervous system.  We don’t often feel our heart beating also, but it’s programmed in us.  When you want something really important to get done, do it yourself.

So don’t be berating socialism.  You want to call a minority of conservative Americans assholes for the ringing problems (which, no doubt, with a dufus as a Minority-President, you probably do), go right ahead.  But I would trust the US government over millions of private enterprises, who look at me only as a profit center.

As far as the loss of state houses and House of Representative and Senate members, I will cop to one thing: Democrats have been sleeping at the wheel.

The Republicans have rigged the system from top down with gerrymandering, voter suppression, anti-democratic measures such as Michigan’s Emergency Management Law, a racist anti-democracy law, which is the Republican answer to Black Lives Matter.  

Yes, Democrats must be more vigilant from now on, as the rats in the walls are continually up to no good.  But, I doubt the Republican Party is going to come through this unscathed, either.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 26600
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One of the many reasons Hillary Clinton lost the election...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum