Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Go down

Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:33 pm



Ban the instigators... not those who retaliate after being provoked!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20877
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by nicko on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:37 pm

What has she said? and who has banned her?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10088
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Veya banned her because of something she did (whingeing) on the thread called "True words" in Religion section.

I don't agree with it.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by magica on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:51 pm

I was going to ask this too. She only replied, wasn't insulting or said anything out of order. Unfair ban imo.
avatar
magica

Posts : 2974
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:58 pm

eddie wrote:Veya banned her because of something she did (whingeing) on the thread called "True words" in Religion section.

I don't agree with it.   Well Done MOD =   Stick it to your fellow moderator, but then again it's NOT LF!  Rolling Eyes

And the 'Pack' lines up to sing their favorite song ...
♪ ♫'it's so unfair when one of OURS is treated to the rules/hammer of justice' ♪ ♫  Sad  
Long - Long over due and high time the offensive ones get the same treatment!      

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by magica on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:01 pm

She didn't say anything offensive though, I was posting at the same time. Im not lining up either, just stating a fact!
avatar
magica

Posts : 2974
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:03 pm

She didn't say anything offensive though, I was posting at the same time. Im not lining up either, just stating a fact!



And that isn't a FACT that would be your opinion!   I love you
 
DITTO ...I posted to the thread and not to pat her on the back; but it all worked on as always!  Pushing ones Fake Faith and getting bent out of shape for those FAKE FAITHED BASED reasons often puts the human in a very awkward position and rules are rules!    

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by magica on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Well we don't know its fake do we? She could be genuine infact Ive known Rags, well it seems forever, on various forums and she has always said about her being a Christian. So Im going to believe her until proven differently.

I on the other hand, was born a Christian but my faith is my choice to be Spiritulist and combining Pagan too, there's nothing wrong in saying what you believe. Its bad though to be condemned for it.
avatar
magica

Posts : 2974
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:08 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:Veya banned her because of something she did (whingeing) on the thread called "True words" in Religion section.

I don't agree with it.   Well Done MOD =   Stick it to your fellow moderator, but then again it's NOT LF!  Rolling Eyes

And the 'Pack' lines up to sing their favorite song ...
♪ ♫'it's so unfair when one of OURS is treated to the rules/hammer of justice' ♪ ♫  Sad  
Long - Long over due and high time the offensive ones get the same treatment!      


Oh dear. Not understanding people and their motives again. It's become a bad habit that is spoiling your otherwise great posting skills.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:12 pm

I've never gauged 'My Quality of Posting' according to the IFFY sliding scale you so frequently use to ABUSE when it suits your vindictive moderating mood!
 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:18 pm

magica wrote:Well we don't know its fake do we?  She could be genuine infact Ive known Rags, well it seems forever, on various forums and she has always said about her being a Christian.  So Im going to believe her until proven differently.

I on the other hand, was born a Christian but my faith is my choice to be Spiritulist and combining Pagan too, there's nothing wrong in saying what you believe.  Its bad though to be condemned for it.

And that's where you get lost in translation:
the entire diatribe that Raggy-poo stirs up is always because she's looking for the 'you hate Christians' and attacks everyone from her Glass Tower, when we {the collective that live our own private faith choices} just put things {like the image that Eddie did} out onto the community because it has meaning FOR US!    If you preach that you are 'Christ Like' then wouldn't it behoove you to at least TRY TO ACT THAT WAY???  Or be called out for the very hypocrisy that you say/type/defend by your fellow members of your PACK!  scratch  
Seems very - very simplistic to most of us ...but we are often the attacked for our sense of humor and lacking the Religious bar/standard according to those that preach but don't walk the walk! lol!   

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:29 pm

4EVER2 wrote:I've never gauged 'My Quality of Posting' according to the IFFY sliding scale you so frequently use to ABUSE when it suits your vindictive moderating mood!
 

Well. I dunno really. Whatevs I reckon.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Sometimes in the heat of words we get a little worked up. Next morning, it's all over. Rags didn't do anything that she should be banned for.

Let her back, pls.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25091
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:Sometimes in the heat of words we get a little worked up.  Next morning, it's all over.  Rags didn't do anything that she should be banned for.

Let her back, pls.

Yep. If we banned people for whingeing then loads of us would be banned at some point.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Sometimes in the heat of words we get a little worked up.  Next morning, it's all over.  Rags didn't do anything that she should be banned for.

Let her back, pls.

Yep. If we banned people for whingeing then loads of us would be banned at some point.


cheers

JOIN the "Free the whingers" movement here...

All together now, chant as one :

"Bring Ragg's back, bring Ragg's back.."

soapbox

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6168
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Major wrote:Miss Ragga has a passionate fervency for her Christianity which seems to give the right to ratbagz to harass her about it yet these same people lick the asses of islamists, management turn a blind eye to these attacks upon her.  

No one is for this banning.
   "JUSTICE FOR ALL", isn't that your mantra, Stormee? 
So when a image/topic/post is going to ignite such a horrid knee jerk reaction {OTT - hysteria} and her ranting just wasn't to be silenced - she could have/should have just trolled on by the entire thread - ignored the image - done the Christ like thing and TAKEN THE HIGH ROAD and agreed with the thought or turned the other cheek???  
But the end result is what and where she ended up; now you want the RULES bent for your Special Buddy??? 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:32 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:
Yep. If we banned people for whingeing then loads of us would be banned at some point.


cheers

JOIN the "Free the whingers" movement here...

All together now,  chant as one :

"Bring Ragg's back,  bring Ragg's back.."

soapbox

  Yeah, it seems that way.  But there are lotza different motives.  Raggs has an intolerance streak that seems, itself, intolerable.  But until she plugs it into some action, what's the diff?

About the only thing any of us can do is create an unpleasant atmosphere...call each other names, use the 'N' word, or shout the hallowed geranium word.  Raggs hasn't done any of that.  She's merely expressed her view.

You know...'sticks & stones', but names and faces can never hurt ya.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25091
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:38 pm

scratch   Hmmm, this isn't another instance where you DIDN'T read the entire thread is it, Quill?
Just say'n ...there was a whole lot more then just 'stating her opinion' and the method and angst and to whom it was directed got crappy very rapidly!  So what was the POINT, ignore the dam thread if it's so F'n upsetting or suffer the consequences just as everyone else has for braking rules {except the mods that get away with it}

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Jules on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Major wrote:Miss Ragga has a passionate fervency for her Christianity which seems to give the right to ratbagz to harass her about it yet these same people lick the asses of islamists, management turn a blind eye to these attacks upon her.



No one is for this banning.
Are you the forum spokesman? When did you do a poll?
Don't you ever speak on my behalf!

When I make little harmless suggestions I am told that I like to "control" things.
YOU are ALWAYS trying to control everything, like you are in charge, or the owner of the forum.


For the record, I am not for OR against this ban. Cos it's none of my business.
And it's not my place to interefere in a mod's decisions.

THANK YOU.  Smile

_________________
In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer ~ Camus.
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2570
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:52 pm

THREAD LOCKED

past its "use by date"

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9576
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Jules wrote:
Major wrote:Miss Ragga has a passionate fervency for her Christianity which seems to give the right to ratbagz to harass her about it yet these same people lick the asses of islamists, management turn a blind eye to these attacks upon her.



No one is for this banning.
Are you the forum spokesman? When did you do a poll?
Don't you ever speak on my behalf!

When I make little harmless suggestions I am told that I like to "control" things.
YOU are ALWAYS trying to control everything, like you are in charge, or the owner of the forum.


For the record, I am not for OR against this ban. Cos it's none of my business.
And it's not my place to interefere in a mod's decisions.

THANK YOU.  Smile

Ah I like this post: this one goes out to all the beaks that poke in and try to tell the mods what they're doing or not doing.

Thank you for saying that, hope you don't mind me quoting you.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:54 pm

4EVER2 wrote:scratch   Hmmm, this isn't another instance where you DIDN'T read the entire thread is it, Quill?
Just say'n ...there was a whole lot more then just 'stating her opinion' and the method and angst and to whom it was directed got crappy very rapidly!  So what was the POINT, ignore the dam thread if it's so F'n upsetting or suffer the consequences just as everyone else has for braking rules {except the mods that get away with it}

No. I wasn't involved in the exchanges, but I looked over the whole thread and I didn't see any real damage. It was about religion, and religion is ideational, not particularly offensive in and of itself.

I could always be wrong. If you can point out any particular post that was violative, bring it over here and let's take a look at it. I'm fair...present the case.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25091
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Lord Foul wrote:THREAD LOCKED

past its "use by date"


_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Doh!!!

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9576
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why has Raggamuffin been banned?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum