Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms.

Post by Syl on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:40 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/38293294

"He [the boy in the latest case] was more concerned about missing Christmas than he was about dying. All he knew was he didn't feel good."
Mr Schmitt-Matzen said he gave the boy a toy from the television show PAW Patrol that his mother had purchased.
The boy asked him where he was going after he died, and Mr Schmitt-Matzen told him he was "Santa's Number One elf" and he would be welcomed.
The child then sat up to give his visitor a hug and he asked one final question: "Santa, can you help me?"
Moments later, he died in Mr Schmitt-Matzen's arms."

Heartbreakingly sad.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms.

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Oh I wish I'd never read that. Shit.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Sad

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:09 pm

I read it last night Eddie but couldn't post it because I was on OH's tablet (it's confusing)
I went to bed and just couldn't stop thinking of this poor little boy and his family....it's just so heartbreaking, he was five years old.

But I think stories like this are important to read, I agree they are very hard though.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:23 pm

I'm too hyper-sensitive about some things (most things) and then they affect my mood if I don't get on top of it.

I agree though, we need to know. Thanks for posting it up.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:58 pm

Oh well that's done me for the day now!

I hate reading these sad stories but then we have to be grateful we have life and our families, and enjoy it instead of moaning about things.

So sad Sad

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
magica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Bless him.
There is nothing harder than looking a child directly in the eye and explaining to them they are going to die.  Even 'regular' doctors and nurses cannot cope with caring for such children on a daily basis - it takes a very special person indeed. The medics who care for terminally ill kids in hospices are a special breed - a subgroup within a subgroup.
Jules

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:51 pm

They are indeed Jules.

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
magica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Jules wrote:Bless him.
There is nothing harder than looking a child directly in the eye and explaining to them they are going to die.  Even 'regular' doctors and nurses cannot cope with caring for such children on a daily basis - it takes a very special person indeed. The medics who care for terminally ill kids in hospices are a special breed - a subgroup within a subgroup.

I don't know how they do it either. They must have an 'off' switch to be able to cope with all the tragedy they see on  a daily basis.
All that sadness, probably most of it from the families, I have heard young children are very philosophical about their own pending death much more than adult are.

This little boy said "Santa, can you help me?" then quietly passed away....it's utterly heart breaking.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:13 pm

The paper that originally reported this story no longer stands behind it: http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/2016/12/14/story-santa-claus-dying-child-cant-verified/95423868/

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 am

That's odd.
Maybe the little boys family didn't want any publicity, which would be understandable.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top