Nigel Farage launches scathing attack on Ukip's 'low-grade people'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nigel Farage launches scathing attack on Ukip's 'low-grade people'

Post by sassy on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Former party leader ‘having a great time’ not having to deal with people ‘who use me as a vehicle for their own self-promotion’

Nigel Farage has said he is relieved to no longer be Ukip leader because it had meant “having to deal with low-grade people every day”, in an interview where he said his £85,000-a-year salary had left him “poor” compared with his City banker friends.
Speaking to the Telegraph, Farage said he now has global ambitions beyond the Eurosceptic party, including negotiating trade deals with the US president-elect, Donald Trump, and finding a solution to the Middle East conflict.
The MEP, who also hinted he will attempt to make his eighth bid for a seat in parliament despite seven unsuccessful runs, said he was happy to continue to be a public face while Ukip’s new leader, Paul Nuttall, ran the party.
“I am having a great time,” he said. “I am not having to deal with low-grade people every day. I am not responsible for what our branch secretary in Lower Slaughter said half-cut on Twitter last night – that isn’t my fault any more. I don’t have to go to eight-hour party executive meetings.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/09/nigel-farage-scathing-attack-ukip-low-grade-people

Farage, for once telling the truth.

The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage launches scathing attack on Ukip's 'low-grade people'

Post by Irn Bru on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm sure Donaldo will se him ok Laughing

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:43 pm

Yea, he'll slip him the odd thousand or two.

The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:04 pm

More leftie drivel...

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:00 pm

“Look, I hope, genuinely, that Brexit means Brexit and the job is done and there is no need for me. I really hope that’s it. But with every week that goes by, I think it might not be, so I’ll have to stick at it.” (From link)

Awww!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:17 pm

Is he talking about his party or the people who voted for him?

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

Eilzel
Speaker of the House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:25 pm

sassy wrote:Former party leader ‘having a great time’ not having to deal with people ‘who use me as a vehicle for their own self-promotion’

Nigel Farage has said he is relieved to no longer be Ukip leader because it had meant “having to deal with low-grade people every day”, in an interview where he said his £85,000-a-year salary had left him “poor” compared with his City banker friends.
Speaking to the Telegraph, Farage said he now has global ambitions beyond the Eurosceptic party, including negotiating trade deals with the US president-elect, Donald Trump, and finding a solution to the Middle East conflict.
The MEP, who also hinted he will attempt to make his eighth bid for a seat in parliament despite seven unsuccessful runs, said he was happy to continue to be a public face while Ukip’s new leader, Paul Nuttall, ran the party.
“I am having a great time,” he said. “I am not having to deal with low-grade people every day. I am not responsible for what our branch secretary in Lower Slaughter said half-cut on Twitter last night – that isn’t my fault any more. I don’t have to go to eight-hour party executive meetings.

...www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/09/nigel-farage-scathing-attack-ukip-low-grade-people

Farage, for once telling the truth.

What a nerve!! His entire MO was built on his man of the people persona and this is the ticket on which he won elections and various victories.

True colours coming out now that he does not need his 'low grade people' anymore,  cos he was never a common man, despite his constant fanfare for the common man. He's from a very affluent family with a banking/financier pedigree, probably secretly despises the sort of people who formed 90% of his support base.

His background was a career in finance, nowt related to politics. No one milked the Euro gravy train more than he did, he admitted this, and he had the cheek to claim his reasons for milking it were noble.

Last edited by Jules on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:33 pm

sassy wrote: ... he said. “ I am not responsible for what our branch secretary in Lower Slaughter
said half-cut on Twitter last night – that isn’t my fault any more. .....

People who rant on twitter? Hahaha dat be your mate Donald.  

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Yawn...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Isn't yawning a cover for embarrassment?   How many times have you said how great Farage was.   Now it appears he thinks every who thought that is a total numpty.   As I said, first time he has told the truth.

sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Yawn...
YOU rude uncouth badly-dragged up imbecile. My post had absolutely nowt to do with you, and was not adressed to you.  It's the very first time I have given my opinion about him, don't mistake me for the people who have the time and energy to sit here arguing with you all day, I never do that, so what are you yawning at?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:53 pm

sassy wrote:Isn't yawning a cover for embarrassment? How many times have you said how great Farage was. Now it appears he thinks every who thought that is a total numpty. As I said, first time he has told the truth.

This ''yawn'' thing, it's a habit very peculiar to this forum. ''Yawn'' means "there he/she goes again" but I've never talked about this subject before, it's my first time. And in any case, who forced him to read my opinions?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Jules wrote:
sassy wrote:Isn't yawning a cover for embarrassment?   How many times have you said how great Farage was.   Now it appears he thinks every who thought that is a total numpty.   As I said, first time he has told the truth.

This ''yawn'' thing, it's a habit very peculiar to this forum. ''Yawn'' means  "there he/she goes again" but I've never talked about this subject before, it's my first time. And in any case, who forced him to read my opinions?

Nobody, but perhaps they should lol

sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Keep your merkin on Jules... I wasn't yawning at you!

lol!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:21 pm

At Farage then, for saying his supporters are 'low grade people'?

sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Keep your merkin on Jules... I wasn't yawning at you!

lol!
Maybe one day people will start using the quote function? It's there for a purpose, it ain't there for decoration lol. Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Eilzel wrote:Is he talking about his party or the people who voted for him?
Mainly talking about peoole like Tommy and Private Pile. Intellectual pygmies who are too stupid to realise that UKIP was only ever a one trick piny pressure party.

Angry Andy

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:03 am

Farage's comments here do no favours for UKIP voters at all.

Either, the voters liked the party overall, in which they see appeal in those 'low grade people' Farage mentions.

Or, they agree with Farage, in which case their support for UKIP is based on adoration of the dear leader himself, and become followers of a personality cult Farage has built around himself.

Neither are great prospects. Unfortunately, as we see with Trump, these people are such ignorant fools that no matter how self destructive their candidate/s, they will follow them like lemmings.

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

Eilzel
Speaker of the House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:03 am

or maybe, seeing that there is no credible alternative they stick to the idea rather than sink into the morass of "same old same old"

there is NO allure for many people in the 3 "mainstream" parties....not a hairs breadth of difference in reality...

Anyone with half a brain can see that regardless of which of those 3 got power its "us" (the "squeezed middle") that will once again be "squeezed" and the REAL problems swept quietly under the carpet

Now I'm not saying that UKIP would be any different....but the PERCEPTION amongst a significant number of people is that they MIGHT be.

granted a dozen UKIP MP's in parliament might be as welcome as a hedgehog in a condom factory, but personally I reckon it would liven up the otherwise comatose proceedings in the house no end.....

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:03 am

Trump and Farage's kickback against the establishment was launched from inside a gold plated elevator.

Says it all Laughing

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top