Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Go down

Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Friday 14 October 2016
Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, a study has found.

Researchers who investigated the porn habits of men and if the films changed their behaviour uncovered that 21 per cent of straight men said they had watched same-sex porn in the past six months. Their findings challenge the idea that only gay men watch same-sex adult films.

Some 55 per cent of gay participants in the study said they had watched opposite-gender-oriented porn in that time. There was a 96 and 88 per cent split between bisexual men who watched gay or straight porn, respectively, Pink News reported.

To make their findings, experts surveyed 821 men about their porn preferences, including whether they prefer to watch adult actors using condoms.

Dr Martin J Downing of the US organisation Public Health Solutions who lead the research told Cosmopolitan that the findings are not necessarily shocking to experts.

The pioneers of LGBT rights in 2015

“Sexual attractions and behaviours are more than just identity,” he said.

“Research has shown that some gay men are attracted to or find heterosexual and masculine men more attractive."

In early October, Pornhub released statistics showing the terms that men who identify as gay use to search for content on their website. "Straight guy" topped the list followed by “black”, “daddy” and “bareback” - the term used to describe scenes where actors don’t wear condoms.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/porn-pornhub-sex-gay-straight-study-habits-a7360866.html

It wouldn't surprise me if the figure was much higher than that.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36022
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Syl on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:40 pm

At first thought I found that strange....on second thought maybe not.
It's nice to see people enjoying themselves. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16856
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Hahahaha enjoying themselves whilst their wives are asleep.
I bet it's the most homophobic ones too, not wanting to admit they're bisexual or gay.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36022
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Syl on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:03 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahaha enjoying themselves whilst their wives are asleep.
I bet it's the most homophobic ones too, not wanting to admit they're bisexual or gay.

Maybe they are looking for tips or techniques. Shocked


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16856
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:04 pm

I get my gay porn on Holby City.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Hahahaha enjoying themselves whilst their wives are asleep.
I bet it's the most homophobic ones too, not wanting to admit they're bisexual or gay.

Maybe they are looking for tips or techniques. Shocked


I'd say there are plenty of "tips" to be had and seen on a gay porno.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36022
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Syl on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:11 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Maybe they are looking for tips or techniques. Shocked


I'd say there are plenty of "tips" to be had and seen on a gay porno.

I have never seen one...I don't really watch porn. I prefer a good romance tbh. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16856
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:14 pm

I've watched one. Didn't do anything for me. I did watch the US prison drama "Oz" though, and that could be quite graphic. There was this twisted kind of animalistic yet poetic love between these two guys (one was really very sexy) and their love story was really intense and romantic, yet raunchy.
Good viewing.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36022
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:41 pm

eddie wrote:Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Friday 14 October 2016
Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, a study has found.

Researchers who investigated the porn habits of men and if the films changed their behaviour uncovered that 21 per cent of straight men said they had watched same-sex porn in the past six months. Their findings challenge the idea that only gay men watch same-sex adult films.

Some 55 per cent of gay participants in the study said they had watched opposite-gender-oriented porn in that time. There was a 96 and 88 per cent split between bisexual men who watched gay or straight porn, respectively, Pink News reported.

To make their findings, experts surveyed 821 men about their porn preferences, including whether they prefer to watch adult actors using condoms.

Dr Martin J Downing of the US organisation Public Health Solutions who lead the research told Cosmopolitan that the findings are not necessarily shocking to experts.

The pioneers of LGBT rights in 2015

“Sexual attractions and behaviours are more than just identity,” he said.

“Research has shown that some gay men are attracted to or find heterosexual and masculine men more attractive."

In early October, Pornhub released statistics showing the terms that men who identify as gay use to search for content on their website. "Straight guy" topped the list followed by “black”, “daddy” and “bareback” - the term used to describe scenes where actors don’t wear condoms.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/porn-pornhub-sex-gay-straight-study-habits-a7360866.html

It wouldn't surprise me if the figure was much higher than that.


Misleading wording me thinks... reckon that would be watching two women (same sex) not straight man looking up two men (same sex)... unless this was a poll of Pakistani Muslim men who love a bit of man on man porn...


http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/03/13/survey-reveals-searches-for-gay-porn-are-top-in-countries-banning-homosexuality/


Search results show that homosexual men love perving over straight men...

Maybe it's time to have separate changing rooms etc for homosexuals from straight men...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21042
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:57 pm

clearly, if 21 % of straight men have watched same sex there is every chance those same 21% wont be beyond a quick "perve" of other straight men in changing rooms...

perhaps it would be best if you just asked for a "personal changing room" cos u is shy tommy.......

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9677
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:18 pm

Lord Foul wrote:clearly, if 21 % of straight men have watched same sex there is every chance those same 21% wont be beyond a quick "perve" of other straight men in changing rooms...

perhaps it would be best if you just asked for a "personal changing room" cos u is shy tommy.......


I see that you have still missed the point I made about the misleading wording in article...


The men were most likely those watching 'same sex' porn meaning watching a 'couple' of the same sex as each other (ie two 'same sex' women) getting at it... not two homosexual men as in the featured couple being 'the same sex' as the men watching it...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21042
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:19 pm

actaully I think Tommy is right

it is just 'same sex porn' not porn the same sex as the viewer.
in which case i am suprised it is not higher.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18666
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Lord Foul on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:06 am

"who wants to be a filling in a lezzie sarnie then?"

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9677
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:10 am

Question

ALL that this shonky survey tells us,  is that 21% of supposedly straight men in London who were available to be surveyed, claimed to have watched "same sex porn" ?

To attempt to extrapolate from one survey in one region, and then to boldy and fallaciously claim that 21% of "all" straight men will, ipso facto, be watching same sex/"gay" porn is poor methodology, showing a lack of understanding of statistical analysis on the part of those carrying out said survey..     cyclops

I suspect that the wholesaling/marketing/distributing company that carried out the survey is simply trying to extend the potential market for their products ?        Suspect

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6300
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by eddie on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:39 am

It may or may not be true but I'm betting the figures are higher anyway.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36022
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by nicko on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:46 am

I watched some gay porn for about 30 seconds, I wasn't disgusted, just bored. Never interested again.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10258
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over a fifth of straight men watch gay porn, study finds

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum