Trump chief strategist: 'Genetic superiority' justifies limiting the vote to landowners

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trump chief strategist: 'Genetic superiority' justifies limiting the vote to landowners

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:07 am

Steve Bannon, chief strategist and senior counselor to President-elect Donald Trump, allegedly told a friend that he didn’t see an issue with fewer black people being able to vote.

Julia Jones, a screenwriter who had a working relationship with Bannon, told The New York Times on Sunday that the chief executive of Breitbart News would discuss the genetic superiority of certain people and expressed that perhaps it wouldn’t be bad to disenfranchise people who didn’t own property.

“I said, ‘That would exclude a lot of African-Americans,’” Ms. Jones recalled. “He said, ‘Maybe that’s not such a bad thing.’ I said, ‘But what about Wendy?’” referring to Mr. Bannon’s executive assistant. “He said, ‘She’s different. She’s family.’”

Allowing only property owners to vote wouldn’t just disenfranchise black people. It would also limit the rights of Latinos, poor people, students and two-thirds of the U.S. population.

The idea that only a certain class of people should vote is one held by Trump himself. He has advocated for a literal interpretation of the Constitution, which would limit the right to vote to wealthy white men like himself and Bannon. He also has said on multiple occasions that his success is a direct result of his “good genes” and “breeding.” Genetics granting the intellect that ensures financial success is an idea deeply ingrained in white nationalism.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bannon-landowners-voting_us_583c7e19e4b09b6056017ffc?rf9x8nrxxjzzd7vi

- George W. Bush, after Donald Trump's inaugural address
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump chief strategist: 'Genetic superiority' justifies limiting the vote to landowners

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:56 am

A Ridiculous assertion

money makes them successful and nothing else, many are rather dumb like Trump himself.

Or by the same logic the MOST successful entrepreneurs are Migrants and first generation, so only migrants and First generation should be allowed to vote.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump chief strategist: 'Genetic superiority' justifies limiting the vote to landowners

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:40 am

veya_victaous wrote:A Ridiculous assertion

money makes them successful and nothing else, many are rather dumb like Trump himself.

Or by the same logic the MOST successful entrepreneurs are Migrants and first generation, so only migrants and First generation should be allowed to vote.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I once had to cover a city council meeting in a very rich community, and was treated to overhear two very successful guys in really nice suits talk about how great the latest Klumps movie was.

Yeah, I'm sure that's a really sophisticated movie ...

Makes me miss my old college buddy, who was right-wing. I'd call him an economic elitist and he'd call me a cultural elitist, and neither of us had any real argument against the other.

- George W. Bush, after Donald Trump's inaugural address
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:58 am

Bannon and Trump, two matching arseholes...          

Only "property owners" should be allowed to vote..
Everyone else should be disenfranchised.
Apart from, that is :

Family members,
Close friends,
Chosen lackeys,
Members of the same football/bowling/drinking team,
And, anyone else selected on the basis of their "superior breeding"..

Trump keeps on selling himself on his superior business acumen --  despite losing some 55% of the third-generation family fortune over the past few decades..

No doubt our resident fascist/racist duo will be greatly impressed with Bannon's obvious genius,  even now looking for some way to emulate his boundless wisdom...     sleaze

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:33 pm

It must be really scary being American at the moment.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Bae the Cray wrote:
Steve Bannon, chief strategist and senior counselor to President-elect Donald Trump, allegedly told a friend that he didn’t see an issue with fewer black people being able to vote.  

Julia Jones, a screenwriter who had a working relationship with Bannon, told The New York Times on Sunday that the chief executive of Breitbart News would discuss the genetic superiority of certain people and expressed that perhaps it wouldn’t be bad to disenfranchise people who didn’t own property.

“I said, ‘That would exclude a lot of African-Americans,’” Ms. Jones recalled. “He said, ‘Maybe that’s not such a bad thing.’ I said, ‘But what about Wendy?’” referring to Mr. Bannon’s executive assistant. “He said, ‘She’s different. She’s family.’”

Allowing only property owners to vote wouldn’t just disenfranchise black people. It would also limit the rights of Latinos, poor people, students and two-thirds of the U.S. population.

The idea that only a certain class of people should vote is one held by Trump himself. He has advocated for a literal interpretation of the Constitution, which would limit the right to vote to wealthy white men like himself and Bannon. He also has said on multiple occasions that his success is a direct result of his “good genes” and “breeding.” Genetics granting the intellect that ensures financial success is an idea deeply ingrained in white nationalism.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bannon-landowners-voting_us_583c7e19e4b09b6056017ffc?rf9x8nrxxjzzd7vi

Somebody claims somebody else said something... but without any evidence to show for this claim...?

Is this really news?

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top