View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Hey Syl

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Why not become penpals?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:16 pm

I do remember Major....I still talk about my family tbh, little titbits or maybe something that's happened that some might find helpful or interesting...if not no one is forced to read.

If anyone wants to be nasty when people share little family anecdotes that's their problem not mine or yours.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Ziz wrote:Why not become penpals?

Funny you should say that....I believe forums have taken over from letter writing, don't you Ziz? Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:Why not become penpals?

Funny you should say that....I believe forums have taken over from letter writing, don't you Ziz? Cool

I would say email and texting rather than forums - my real friends are not on forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

I would say email and texting rather than forums - my real friends are not on forums.

How insulting for your fans! lol!
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:28 pm

Syl wrote:I do remember Major....I still talk about my family tbh, little titbits or maybe something that's happened that some might find helpful or interesting...if not no one is forced to read.

If anyone wants to be nasty when people share little family anecdotes that's their problem not mine or yours.

Very true. Although  I don't share my family on forums cos there's so many nasty posters out there.  It could come back and bite you on the bum too.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:30 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ziz wrote:

How insulting for your fans! lol!

I'm okay, she's not on this forum. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have never sent a text in my life, and when I log into emails I often do a mass delete as I usually have 300 or so of useless stuff in there....I know I should check them more often. Embarassed

I use the phone...or even that old fashioned way of face to face talk when I want to speak to rl friends and family.
I think it's a shame that letter writing has fallen by the wayside though....I bet there are some younger people who have never written a letter in their lives.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I have never sent a text in my life, and when I log into emails I often do a mass delete as I usually have 300 or so of useless stuff in there....I know I should check them more often. Embarassed

I use the phone...or even that old fashioned way of face to face talk when I want to speak to rl friends and family.
I think it's a shame that letter writing has fallen by the wayside though....I bet there are some younger people who have never written a letter in their lives.

No, nor me - I don't have a phone

Rarely write letters myself now except for formal/legal reasons - all email - so yes, I imagine you are correct about young folks and snail mail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:34 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

Rarely write letters myself now except for formal/legal reasons - all email - so yes, I imagine you are correct about young folks and snail mail.

I think you are the only other person I have ever come across who doesn't have a mobile phone Ziz.

People don't seem to get the fact I don't want or need one...it's like saying you don't need legs or something. Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I think you are the only other person I have ever come across who doesn't have a mobile phone Ziz.

People don't seem to get the fact I don't want or need one...it's like  saying you don't need legs or something. Laughing

My missus has one - mainly for emergencies - I can't see the point of paying twice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

People don't seem to get the fact I don't want or need one...it's like  saying you don't need legs or something. Laughing

My missus has one - mainly for emergencies - I can't see the point of paying twice.

My OH has one, I never use it though.
We replaced our land lines not long ago...sadly I can see the time coming when they are as out of date as letter writing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:02 pm

I have a mobile phone that was bought for me by my Daughter, for "emergencies", it's been in the Glove Box of my Car for over 2 years. She takes it out now and again to charge it, I have never used it and wouldn't know how !
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:42 pm

My hub has to have one for work but turns it off indoors. When he finishes work and has to hand this one back, he said he doesn't want a mobile phone, he hates them.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

We replaced our land lines not long ago...sadly I can see the time coming when they are as out of date as letter writing.

I still keep the landline - again, mainly for emergencies and IP TV (Netflix and the like).

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

I still keep the landline - again, mainly for emergencies and IP TV (Netflix and the like).

I still have my landline, I meant we replaced the ones we had for newer ones a while ago.
We upgraded to hands free....and that's about as technical as it gets for me. Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I still have my landline, I meant we replaced the ones we had for newer ones a while ago.
We upgraded to hands free....and that's about as technical as it gets for me. Laughing

Oh, you mean the landline phone - mine is just a basic BT one, not much different than something from 30 years ago. I find it difficult to get excited over phones of any kind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

Oh, you mean the landline phone - mine is just a basic BT one, not much different than something from 30 years ago. I find it difficult to get excited over phones of any kind.

We had the retro style ones before too....I loved them, better than the flimsy hand free things we have now.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

We had the retro style ones before too....I loved them, better than the flimsy hand free things we have now.

If I'm honest, I don't really know what a hands free home phone is - how do you pick it up to use the thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

If I'm honest, I don't really know what a hands free home phone is - how do you pick it up to use the thing?

It sits on a charger and you can talk away moving from room to room. You just take it with you like a mobile.
Not sure how far the signal will reach...it works fine out in the garden though.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

It sits on a charger and you can talk away moving from room to room. You just take it with you like a mobile.
Not sure how far the signal will reach...it works fine out in the garden though.

Right - sounds good, but too fancy for my needs

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm

It amuses me when I see all the brainwashed robots walking around with their "comforters" stuck to their 'earoles.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

Right - sounds good, but too fancy for my needs

I would swap back to my old stationary phone any day Ziz...the sound was actually clearer.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Jeez. Do you lot want to switch off your lights and sit in your larders by candlelight too? Rolling Eyes

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:06 pm

eddie wrote:Jeez. Do you lot want to switch off your lights and sit in your larders by candlelight too? Rolling Eyes

lol!

Actually, that sounds rather romantic, mood lighting and food, yes please.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Who doesn't have candles?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: