Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Or do you know your opinions are right and no one on a chat forum can change your mind about real life issues?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:30 pm

scrat wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:




Yes... so stop abusing everyone who dares to have any other view than yours...!

Hi Tommy, you're one of the far right chaps I quite like because you can banter without getting particularly nasty or calling for me to be banned, I'm not saying you're normal, I just don't see a hidden agenda in you, so what views should I stop confronting, so that I can understand you better?

There you go again with your unfounded 'far right' accusations...

You just can't help yourself can you...?

I never said you should stop confronting/challenging any views of others... but to stop throwing abuse at anyone who has differing views to yours...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19202
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:30 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

True....forums ...well the internet in general, gives certain people the green light to act in a way they wouldn't dream of out in the open....It's easy for some to spew hate hiding behind a keyboard.

I was initially shocked at the way people behaved.  The hatred.  I was relatively new to forums when I joined FH and what went on over on Dogs and BF was well....enlightening to say the least.  

You got some horrendous stuff aimed at you I know.
When people bring RL into forums that's when they really need to look at what they are turning into.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I was initially shocked at the way people behaved.  The hatred.  I was relatively new to forums when I joined FH and what went on over on Dogs and BF was well....enlightening to say the least.  

You got some horrendous stuff aimed at you I know.
When people bring RL  into forums that's when they really need to look at what they are turning into.

Certain people are still doing it. Trying to post using the name of my dead dog. Nice, huh? Of course, we know who it is...or at least can narrow it down to one or two.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6869
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:35 pm

scrat wrote:
Syl wrote:

True....forums ...well the internet in general, gives certain people the green light to act in a way they wouldn't dream of out in the open....It's easy for some to spew hate hiding behind a keyboard.
Major is a very small fish in a large Ocean, he and others like him wouldn't dare issue the racist bile and pathetic threats in real life, at the end of the day all the far right are cowards.

I don't see him ever bringing other peoples real lives onto a forum though.

Scrat, you have accused me and plenty others of belonging to this far right group on the forum...and I for one am not far right.
I don't understand why you and a few others have to group everyone together like we are joined at the hip and all have the same opinions. scratch

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:36 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

You got some horrendous stuff aimed at you I know.
When people bring RL  into forums that's when they really need to look at what they are turning into.

Certain people are still doing it.   Trying to post using the name of my dead dog.   Nice, huh?   Of course, we know who it is...or at least can narrow it down to one or two.

That's disgusting.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Certain people are still doing it.   Trying to post using the name of my dead dog.   Nice, huh?   Of course, we know who it is...or at least can narrow it down to one or two.

That's disgusting.

What's inexplicable is the mindset that keeps on and on and on ad nauseum way beyond what is normal behaviour. Apparently, it's still ongoing on the Modwest site. The same people posting the same shite in the hope of putting the damage in. Why on earth they want to try and hurt people for such a length of time is what is most disturbing.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6869
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:52 pm

scrat wrote:
Syl wrote:
scrat wrote:
Major is a very small fish in a large Ocean, he and others like him wouldn't dare issue the racist bile and pathetic threats in real life, at the end of the day all the far right are cowards.

I don't see him ever bringing other peoples real lives onto a forum though.

Scrat, you have accused me and plenty others of belonging to this far right group on the forum...and I for one am not far right.
I don't understand why you and a few others have to group everyone together like we are joined at the hip and all have the same opinions. scratch
Yeah, I make my mind up quickly, force of habit I guess, but rarely wrong.

I suddenly see a bunch of newbies and two moderators active on monkey boys forum because he' let out the cry of being attacked by left wing hordes.

Eh, a little perspective please! there are several persons of interest on there and the far right hatred they post is under investigation, I have the screen shot and monkey boy has set up another alternative location I have the page, active.

and YET

you can provide NO evidence of anything you claim I have said about you or antone else, nor any evidence that I have posted anything different to anything I have posted on here in terms of POV etc.....

funny that......

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:53 pm

scrat wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't see him ever bringing other peoples real lives onto a forum though.

Scrat, you have accused me and plenty others of belonging to this far right group on the forum...and I for one am not far right.
I don't understand why you and a few others have to group everyone together like we are joined at the hip and all have the same opinions. scratch
Yeah, I make my mind up quickly, force of habit I guess, but rarely wrong.

I suddenly see a bunch of newbies and two moderators active on monkey boys forum because he' let out the cry of being attacked by left wing hordes.

Eh, a little perspective please! there are several persons of interest on there and the far right hatred they post is under investigation, I have the screen shot and monkey boy has set up another alternative location I have the page, active.

OK...I presume you are talking about In a Flap forum? That's the only forum I have joined lately and as you have included me in this far right extremist huddle that must be the one.
I have no knowledge of any secret parts on there, and if there are any I am not in them, nor do I want to be.
I did explain the other day (but you ignored me) that the more you post the more the forum opens up...is that what you mean as secret?

The way you talk ...to me you sound a bit paranoid, because you group everyone together as if a big conspiracy is going down.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:55 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

That's disgusting.

What's inexplicable is the mindset that keeps on and on and on ad nauseum way beyond what is normal behaviour.   Apparently, it's still ongoing on the Modwest site.   The same people posting the same shite in the hope of putting the damage in.  Why on earth they want to try and hurt people for such a length of time is what is most disturbing.

That modwest site was disgusting HT...I read it a couple of times when everyone was talking about it last year....twice was enough.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:58 pm

scrat wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

and YET

you can provide NO evidence of anything you claim I have said about you or antone else, nor any evidence that I have posted anything different to anything I have posted on here in terms of POV etc.....

funny that......
Occams razor

Not really relevant. When you're slinging shit, you got to back it up with shit.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6869
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:00 pm

bull shit....absence of evidence

you HAVE no proof thats the truth isnt it scrat.....

because, of course...I havnt.....

once again you provide pathetic wriggling "get outs" to run away from you idiocy...


face it scrat...you are a washed up has been....
(oh and did i mention LIAR, as well)



_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Can you be a 'has been ' on a forum? Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:10 pm

scrat wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

There you go again with your unfounded 'far right' accusations...

You just can't help yourself can you...?

I never said you should stop confronting/challenging any views of others... but to stop throwing abuse at anyone who has differing views to yours...

Do you honestly expect me to simply accept the abuse aimed at me and not retaliate?

Do you honestly expect others to simply accept the abuse you aim at them and to not retaliate?


In your earlier post to me, you called me 'far right' and said you viewed me as not being 'normal'... do you not see that as you being abusive towards me...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19202
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Syl wrote:Can you be a 'has been ' on a forum? Razz

depends on how much you annoy the mods Laughing

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Syl wrote:Can you be a 'has been ' on a forum? Razz

I think you can.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6869
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Can you be a 'has been ' on a forum? Razz

I think you can.  
Interesting....but surely you are as relevant as your present posts?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I think you can.  
Interesting....but surely you are as relevant as your present posts?

Depends on the poster. The likes of some on forums used to actually terrorise others. Now, they just get laughed at.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6869
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:24 pm

scrat wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:bull shit....absence of evidence

you HAVE no proof thats the truth isnt it scrat.....

because, of course...I havnt.....

once again you provide pathetic wriggling "get outs" to run away from you idiocy...


face it scrat...you are a washed up has been....
(oh and did i mention LIAR, as well)


Well you're a member of that forum, but you never posted on that forum when I was n there, that's a tad strange considering the amount of attention you give me on here.

UTTERLY irrelevant..you "claim"(repeatedly) i have said this that and the other, and YET you have NO evidence (becasue I havnt) ergo you are a liar...

TBH I don't care what you get up to, it's truly pathetic, all I want is a fair playing field on here, if you allow posters to abuse me I'll retaliate, which puts me in a difficult position because I know how itchy your trigger finger appears.

your definition of abuse is elastic to the point of indefinite extension......but only when YOU can make "capital" out of it.....
example....

you claim you were goaded by ragga mentioniong cliff richards Rolling Eyes and used that to justify YOUR several posts worth of goading to her....
hmm...seems something is seriously wrong with your concept of proportionality, or more likley you are merely looking for an excuse to act like an idiot and troll.
And, whilst i'll agree that sometimes there have been a few harsh words said to you initially on some issues....95% of the "abuse" you recieve is retaliatory....
that is to say YOU were the one to issue the first strike....
passive agressive doesnt work here
nor does the "help I'm being abused" when YOU were the first to abuse.....

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:
Interesting....but surely you are as relevant as your present posts?

Depends on the poster.   The likes of some on forums used to actually terrorise others.  Now, they just get laughed at.

I was talking about genuine posters...not the Queen Bee type who had no one left to bully so faded into the distance.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12885
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:41 pm

quite old chap...retaliatory abuse...as opposed to the intial abuse that started it all...which came from you....


_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:44 pm

see scart...those posts I removed still exist....

they were not erased....merely moved to the vaults so to speak......

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:53 pm

scrat wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Do you honestly expect others to simply accept the abuse you aim at them and to not retaliate?


In your earlier post to me, you called me 'far right' and said you viewed me as not being 'normal'... do you not see that as you being abusive towards me...?


Don't panic I consider all far right peeps non "normal" I wasn't being personal, I mean considering the facts,,,,,, ranting on and on and on about Hitler being a lefty, swarms of immigrants and lazy welfare recipients is far right nonsense.


There you go again... you just can't help yourself...!


If I was arguing that a killer whale was actually part of the dolphin family... that doesn't make me a killer whale... just like arguing that a tomato is a fruit doesn't make me a tomato or a vegetable...


I have never said 'swarms of immigrants' although mass immigration is undoubtedly a problem... and I have never said 'lazy benefits recipients' although I do know a couple of people who claim and do their utmost to avoid doing any work, unless it is a bit of extra cash in hand work here and there...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19202
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:57 pm

scrat wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:quite old chap...retaliatory abuse...as opposed to the intial abuse that started it all...which came from you....

Your deductive powers are incredibly poor, why would anyone mention their Christian religion as a weapon and then in the very next post force a controversial Christian pervert into the fray as the bullet?

Are you blinkered in some way?

no but you are plainly paranoid.... Rolling Eyes

and...I'm still awaiting your "evidence"...though i wont hold my breath.....

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:05 pm

scrat wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
scrat wrote:
Your deductive powers are incredibly poor, why would anyone mention their Christian religion as a weapon and then in the very next post force a controversial Christian pervert into the fray as the bullet?

Are you blinkered in some way?

no but you are plainly paranoid.... Rolling Eyes

and...I'm still awaiting your "evidence"...though i wont hold my breath.....
In the famous words of Gordon Gecko, you stop telling lies about me and I'll stop telling the truth about you.

evidence sonny boy ...you need evidence ..or you are simply a liar....(oh and did i mention ...idiot )

you havnt spoken ONE word of truth vis my posting "over there"...you are a joke...

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:09 pm

I even gave you 2 examples of the evidence you asked for in the jo cox thread....

the LEAST you could do is reciprocate...oh...you cant....OH dear.... Laughing

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:15 pm

scrat wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


There you go again... you just can't help yourself...!


If I was arguing that a killer whale was actually part of the dolphin family... that doesn't make me a killer whale... just like arguing that a tomato is a fruit doesn't make me a tomato or a vegetable...


I have never said 'swarms of immigrants' although mass immigration is undoubtedly a problem... and I have never said 'lazy benefits recipients' although I do know a couple of people who claim and do their utmost to avoid doing any work, unless it is a bit of extra cash in hand work here and there...


Well I wouldn't call you a tomato


But arguing that the Nazis (nationalist socialist workers party) were actually a form of extreme left wing politics somehow makes me a Nazi in your eyes...? And makes me 'far right'...?


If I said a tomato wasn't a vegetable but was a fruit... you wouldn't just say I was 'right'... you would say I was 'far right'...


Laughing

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19202
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by eddie on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Can you be a 'has been ' on a forum? Razz

I think you can.  
Interesting....but surely you are as relevant as your present posts?

Let's be honest here please. We all know that there are some posters that no one takes any notice of and the longer they go on with their fuckeries, the more people tune out.


_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32189
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Eilzel on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:30 am

Syl wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

For me, the decisive argument that swayed me was the idea that slapping only comes when a parent has lost control, which they should never do. I was slapped rarely as a child, and I don't hold it against my parents, but I now believe it should never really come to that.

Yes I agree, I would have argued once that when I slapped my own son I had not lost control, but maybe we make excuses for ourselves, especially when a quick smack on the leg has worked.

My grandson was never slapped, mind you he was as good as gold and he responded well to bribes. Razz

Now bribing is fair game, haha

^Scrat, interesting how you've categorised posters into where they stand. As it happens I see myself as quite LW, certainly not moderate. But you are wrong on Eds, both myself and others, like Ben, are fairly leftist and Eds has never been anything but a friend to us.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5920
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:46 am

For Scrat


_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:48 am

Scrat =


_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by nicko on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Hypocritical arse.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8521
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Eilzel on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:04 pm

scrat wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Now bribing is fair game, haha

^Scrat, interesting how you've categorised posters into where they stand. As it happens I see myself as quite LW, certainly not moderate. But you are wrong on Eds, both myself and others, like Ben, are fairly leftist and Eds has never been anything but a friend to us.
HI Lez, we haven't danced for sometime, so you'll forgive me, but I always thought you were a libdem middle of the road chap?

I know that there are trillions of shades but I tend to lock them down into three for political purposes, far right extremists, middle of the road, moderate left.

I'm 100% sure that given the correct circumstances special Eds can conduct herself in a civilised manner or at least one befitting her station, and if she and TC were not currently preoccupied with wanting me banned we'd probably get along fine, however whatever I've done has stuck, she is very maternal to her flock, and I've probably offended some of them with a few unpleasantries, Raggs seems determined to fuck me off, but I suspect that Nems might have been the one most perturbed, the expletive used was rude and special Eds was none too pleased, clearly this was in retaliation for some sarky remark with nasty undertones, I'm sure everyone is aware that my occasional rudeness is only ever reactive.

I'm certainly not as tolerant as you are, you've always conducted yourself as a thoroughly decent chap, no,,,my tolerance of far right extremists is extremely limited  and that tends to back up my middle of the road assessment.

I'm as intolerant or RW extremism as you are Scrat, and have no time for Nationalism and such. And yes, I was and remain a Liberal Democrat, but I'm a more Kennedy-esque liberal, which in my honest opinion was Left of New Labour. Now Labour are starting to sing a tune I like, just a shame they have an awkward, charisma lacking Corbyn as leader right now...

As for the clash between you and Eds, let's be fair Scrat, you do have a tendency to fly off on one. Eds doesn't have a flock. She gets as much flack from one side as the other. Try to see things from her pov Smile

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5920
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by eddie on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Les thank you for your support but let's be honest, some people are incapable of changing a badly held view and would rather keep repeating it than actually look to see if it's true.
He obviously knows naff all about me as I have stated many times that I'm neither Tory nor Labour but always voted libdems or green.

Let him prattle on. I am not actually bothered.

But scrat for your info, I'm hardly "trying to get you banned" when I can actually ban you myself .....
Have a think about that one.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32189
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:18 pm

you dont have to post Your proof in that particular thread...I'm sure everyone is eager for you to prove you are not a prize tit.....

lets face it....you havnt got any have you.....

its all "made up" from something festering in what passes as a mind for you.....

Its ok scrat.....I can live with dealing with a forum idiot like yourself....I eventually dealt with Phil so I dont think YOU will be too much of a problem.......theres not much between you and him..... Laughing

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by eddie on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Why don't you just take people at their post value and see how you get on?
Answer the post, not the poster. Forums work better that way.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32189
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever changed a long held belief because of something you have read on a forum?

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:12 pm

scrat wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:you dont have to post Your proof in that particular thread...I'm sure everyone is eager for you to prove you are not a prize tit.....

lets face it....you havnt got any have you.....

its all "made up"  from something festering in what passes as a mind for you.....

Its ok scrat.....I can live with dealing with a forum idiot like yourself....I eventually dealt with Phil so I dont think YOU will be too much of a problem.......theres not much between you and him..... Laughing
What would be the point in that my threads are automatically locked?

run run runaway

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8887
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum