New look

Go down

New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:35 pm

One minute it was as normal
Then i thought i had a stroke

cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Haha, thanks! I'd love to hear how others like it.

_________________
“But I got me a woman with a love so true. Darlin' to me but that's missus to you.”

Tyler Childers
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24321
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:39 pm

I thought it was just me!!! Can't use any Smilies or host images now though Sad

EDIT - you can if you type it rather than click on the Smiley button it seems lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:41 pm

But ... I see a smilie in your post

 Shocked Shocked 

 cherry cherry cherry 

 ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 

 ::=|Q:: ::=|Q:: ::=|Q:: 

(just testing)

_________________
“But I got me a woman with a love so true. Darlin' to me but that's missus to you.”

Tyler Childers
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24321
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:41 pm

I just clicked on them, I didn't type.

_________________
“But I got me a woman with a love so true. Darlin' to me but that's missus to you.”

Tyler Childers
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24321
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I just clicked on them, I didn't type.

I've got them now!! The insert picture doesn't work for me though? Could you try that please? It's probably me  Embarassed


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Previous design was much simpler and more pleasant to look at.
Feels bloated with needless information.

"Top posting user this week" just gives an ego boost to people who actually think post count matters.


Last edited by Queen Of Hearts on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:48 pm



Testing ...

_________________
“But I got me a woman with a love so true. Darlin' to me but that's missus to you.”

Tyler Childers
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24321
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks for checking Ben, it's me  Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:00 pm

May I ask which method you're using? I just click the "Insert an Image" button and put the URL into the form.

_________________
“But I got me a woman with a love so true. Darlin' to me but that's missus to you.”

Tyler Childers
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24321
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:May I ask which method you're using? I just click the "Insert an Image" button and put the URL into the form.

I'm using "Host an Image" to upload it from my computer, it's where my smilies are  Sad 

Don't worry, it's me not you.  I'll look into it, I don't want to trouble you.  Thanks for your help x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:19 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:May I ask which method you're using? I just click the "Insert an Image" button and put the URL into the form.

I'm using "Host an Image" to upload it from my computer, it's where my smilies are  Sad 

Don't worry, it's me not you.  I'll look into it, I don't want to trouble you.  Thanks for your help x
some times pop up blocker updates will stop buttons working properly (had that happen to me on a site that i use regularly )

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I'm using "Host an Image" to upload it from my computer, it's where my smilies are  Sad 

Don't worry, it's me not you.  I'll look into it, I don't want to trouble you.  Thanks for your help x
some times pop up blocker updates will stop buttons working properly (had that happen to me on a site that i use regularly )

Thanks Korben, the Smiley button and the Host an Image button don't work for me.  If I click on the link to your dancing videos I can't see the picture but can hear the sound too? I've probably done something, you know what I'm like  Embarassed geek lol! x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Haha, thanks! I'd love to hear how others like it.

Bit of a shock when I logged on, but hey, the more info the better.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I'm using "Host an Image" to upload it from my computer, it's where my smilies are  Sad 

Don't worry, it's me not you.  I'll look into it, I don't want to trouble you.  Thanks for your help x
some times pop up blocker updates will stop buttons working properly (had that happen to me on a site that i use regularly )

Hi Korben,

Hope you're ok, were you able to fix this? I guess you did with your tech skills, I'm stumped......apart from a sledgehammer  Sad

EDIT - well it's fixed, the sledgehammer threat worked! Still can't see the Jibjab videos though  ::dunno::


Last edited by feelthelove on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Spindleshanks on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:23 pm

It seems a bit squashed up to me but I'll get used to it Smile
avatar
Spindleshanks

Posts : 730
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:44 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
some times pop up blocker updates will stop buttons working properly (had that happen to me on a site that i use regularly )

Hi Korben,

Hope you're ok, were you able to fix this? I guess you did with your tech skills, I'm stumped......apart from a sledgehammer  Sad

EDIT - well it's fixed, the sledgehammer threat worked! Still can't see the Jibjab videos though  ::dunno::
That a pity what happens when you try ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Hi Korben,

Hope you're ok, were you able to fix this? I guess you did with your tech skills, I'm stumped......apart from a sledgehammer  Sad

EDIT - well it's fixed, the sledgehammer threat worked! Still can't see the Jibjab videos though  ::dunno::
That a pity what happens when you try ?

I know, don't know what I've done!  It's weird it goes to the page, I can hear the music but there is no video?  scratch 

You know my IT skills, I don't know what I did to fix the host and smiley buttons.  I've tried all sorts of things, lord only knows what'll go wrong next x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:53 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
That a pity what happens when you try ?

I know, don't know what I've done!  It's weird it goes to the page, I can hear the music but there is no video?  scratch 

You know my IT skills, I don't know what I did to fix the host and smiley buttons.  I've tried all sorts of things, lord only knows what'll go wrong next x
Mmmm ok
what kind of device are you using ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I know, don't know what I've done!  It's weird it goes to the page, I can hear the music but there is no video?  scratch 

You know my IT skills, I don't know what I did to fix the host and smiley buttons.  I've tried all sorts of things, lord only knows what'll go wrong next x
Mmmm ok
what kind of device are you using ?

A laptop, it has worked in the past. It's only been the past week or so I couldn't see the videos and the buttons failed yesterday so I'm guessing they are separate issues  Embarassed 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:07 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
Mmmm ok
what kind of device are you using ?

A laptop, it has worked in the past.  It's only been the past week or so I couldn't see the videos and the buttons failed yesterday so I'm guessing they are separate issues  Embarassed 
you could try reinstalling Flash

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Make sure you untick Optional offer: install free McAfee Security Scan Plus Do not install McAfee

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

A laptop, it has worked in the past.  It's only been the past week or so I couldn't see the videos and the buttons failed yesterday so I'm guessing they are separate issues  Embarassed 
you could try reinstalling Flash

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Make sure you untick Optional offer: install free McAfee Security Scan Plus Do not install McAfee

I will do that now, thanks for the large warning  :D  lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:16 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
you could try reinstalling Flash

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Make sure you untick Optional offer: install free McAfee Security Scan Plus Do not install McAfee

I will do that now, thanks for the large warning  :D  lol!

Sorry it didn't work, unless I need to restart?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:16 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
you could try reinstalling Flash

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Make sure you untick Optional offer: install free McAfee Security Scan Plus Do not install McAfee

I will do that now, thanks for the large warning  :D  lol!
I thought it would be prudent  :D :::grouch:: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I will do that now, thanks for the large warning  :D  lol!
I thought it would be prudent  :D :::grouch:: 

You clearly know me far too well  :D x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:23 pm

feelthelove wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I will do that now, thanks for the large warning  :D  lol!

Sorry it didn't work, unless I need to restart?
ok ......laptop connected wirelessly .....
i have noticed that they do buffer before they play sometimes

when you click the link it should take you to the page with a window
along the bottom of that window is a progress bar that will grow longer as it loads
Once fully loaded it will then play

Mmm but you said you can hear the sound ...so the files playing and they did work

yes try a reboot then get back to me

then try this one .


http://www.jibjab.com/view/cr6qYA0TRgGyaeLYGnAMqA

.its not a video i want to see if its a video problem

Then this one as it definitely works

http://www.jibjab.com/view/RLvY0eJvT2aHRGKsApzhvw

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Sorry it didn't work, unless I need to restart?
ok ......laptop connected wirelessly .....
i have noticed that they do buffer before they play sometimes

when you click the link it should take you to the page with a window
along the bottom of that window is a progress bar that will grow longer as it loads
Once fully loaded it will then play

Mmm but you said you can hear the sound ...so the files playing and they did work

yes try a reboot then get back to me

then try this one .


http://www.jibjab.com/view/cr6qYA0TRgGyaeLYGnAMqA

.its not a video i want to see if its a video problem

Then this one as it definitely works

http://www.jibjab.com/view/RLvY0eJvT2aHRGKsApzhvw

The Graduation one goes to the page but I have no sound or video, the Everyday Fun one goes to the page and I get sound but the video doesn't appear  confused 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:41 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
ok ......laptop connected wirelessly .....
i have noticed that they do buffer before they play sometimes

when you click the link it should take you to the page with a window
along the bottom of that window is a progress bar that will grow longer as it loads
Once fully loaded it will then play

Mmm but you said you can hear the sound ...so the files playing and they did work

yes try a reboot then get back to me

then try this one .


http://www.jibjab.com/view/cr6qYA0TRgGyaeLYGnAMqA

.its not a video i want to see if its a video problem

Then this one as it definitely works

http://www.jibjab.com/view/RLvY0eJvT2aHRGKsApzhvw

The Graduation one goes to the page but I have no sound or video, the Everyday Fun one goes to the page and I get sound but the video doesn't appear  confused 
the graduation one you can`t see a picture .... correct (there is no sound )
Sounds like maybe a popup blocker stopping it


Edit

can you see videos on youtube ???

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

The Graduation one goes to the page but I have no sound or video, the Everyday Fun one goes to the page and I get sound but the video doesn't appear  confused 
the graduation one you can`t see a picture .... correct (there is no sound )
Sounds like maybe a popup blocker stopping it

Ah ok, if I add JibJab as an exception do you think it might work?  Suspect

EDIT - You Tube is fine x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:46 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
the graduation one you can`t see a picture .... correct (there is no sound )
Sounds like maybe a popup blocker stopping it

Ah ok, if I add JibJab as an exception do you think it might work?  Suspect

EDIT - You Tube is fine x
only one way to find out FTL ....go for it

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Ah ok, if I add JibJab as an exception do you think it might work?  Suspect

EDIT - You Tube is fine x
only one way to find out FTL ....go for it

Well I added it as an exception on my Chrome Pop Up settings and it didn't work  What a Face So I tried in the settings on my Control Panel and it didn't either!  I'll try comparing the settings on here to my desk top later.  I can see the videos on there so it might shed some light

I hate this kind of thing, I have to find the solution.  It WILL not beat me

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
only one way to find out FTL ....go for it

Well I added it as an exception on my Chrome Pop Up settings and it didn't work  What a Face So I tried in the settings on my Control Panel and it didn't either!  I'll try comparing the settings on here to my desk top later.  I can see the videos on there so it might shed some light

I hate this kind of thing, I have to find the solution.  It WILL not beat me
Good for you ,i know you will

Unfortunately i can give only limited advice as i can't see what's actually going on
Some of the checks I would do I do on "auto pilot "so hard for me to relate

 ::drnkpst:: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:05 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
only one way to find out FTL ....go for it

Well I added it as an exception on my Chrome Pop Up settings and it didn't work  What a Face So I tried in the settings on my Control Panel and it didn't either!  I'll try comparing the settings on here to my desk top later.  I can see the videos on there so it might shed some light

I hate this kind of thing, I have to find the solution.  It WILL not beat me
Sorry the first thing i should have asked was what browser DOH!!!!

just checked on chrome and it does the same for me sound no video i rarely use chrome i use firefox
i will find a fix if there is one and get back to you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:12 pm

ok you need the chrome flash plugin

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Adobe Flash Player is directly integrated with Google Chrome and enabled by default. Available updates for Adobe Flash Player are automatically included in Chrome system updates.

If you want to use Adobe Flash Player in other browsers, you’ll need to separately download the Adobe Flash Player for those browsers.
Enable or disable Adobe Flash Player

These instructions apply to Google Chrome on Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome OS.

Type chrome:plugins in the address bar to open the Plug-ins page.

On the Plug-ins page that appears, find the "Flash" listing.

To enable Adobe Flash Player, click the Enable link under its name.
To disable Adobe Flash Player completely, click the Disable link under its name.

Note: If you've previously installed Adobe Flash Player separately, you'll see two files listed for the plug-in. If both are listed as enabled, the version bundled with Chrome will be used. To enable a specific version of Adobe Flash Player, click Details in the upper-right corner of the page. Then click the Enable link for the version of Adobe Flash Player you want to enable. The table below shows the file name for the version that is integrated with Google Chrome.
Platform Adobe Flash Player plug-in integrated with Chrome


system plug-in

Windows pepflashplayer.dll NPSWF32.dll

Mac PepperFlashPlayer.plugin Flash Player.plugin

Linux libpepflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so

Chrome OS libpepflashplayer.so libpepflashplayer.so

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:24 pm

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html


You can use that link to access flash settings
use the settings manager and sub menus

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html


You can use that link to access flash settings
use the settings manager and sub menus  

OMG you did it!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx


Last edited by feelthelove on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Thank you .....It`s what I do ::=|Q:: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:Thank you .....It`s what I do ::=|Q:: 

It would have driven me insane seriously, thank you  I love you xxx

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:02 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:Thank you .....It`s what I do ::=|Q:: 

It would have driven me insane seriously, thank you  I love you xxx

http://www.jibjab.com/view/cr6qYA0TRgGyaeLYGnAMqA

http://www.jibjab.com/view/sz757PQ5Tt2ZuiY-YImVTw

http://www.jibjab.com/view/RLvY0eJvT2aHRGKsApzhvw

http://www.jibjab.com/view/mHCG8ahBQra2b4kwJntOpw

http://www.jibjab.com/view/ZgnouV1bR1-uH1PXfuzejQ

http://www.jibjab.com/view/Mh_n_xbMT-iWIxh6fe9FYw


well there you go

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New look

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum