The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Ladies and gentlemen, Melania Trump ...











Wow, it's going to be like having Jackie Kennedy back in the White House.

_________________
"That was some weird shit."

- George W. Bush, after Donald Trump's inaugural address
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22584
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:12 pm



I'se a grown-arsed woman, I is.

_________________
Impeach and prosecute... ― Progressive Alliance...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 17128
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't avoid any subject, unlike you who waffles endlessly, bringing in lots of red herrings and moot points to camouflage the fact that you often talk in riddles.

You have yet to make a valid point.  You changed the subject to go after me because you had nothing else.  I'm just pointing out that argumentum ad hominem is generally recognized as 'giving up' on your underlying point.

Syl wrote:You can find almost anything on google (other search engines are available) even the most boring and uninteresting stuff can be found there if you type in key words.
Try it....type in your own name. Razz

As Wolf has so aptly pointed out, you are giving anecdotal evidence and making a statistical argument.   Anytime you say "all" or "most" or "generally" you are making a reference to numbers, leaving behind the individual case.  That's why we repeatedly say, You can't generalize from specifics.

We are discussing the frequency of success in defamation suits.  It calls into play statistical thinking.  You respond by giving individual cases...what, should I count up your individual cases and compare them to the thousands filed every year?  Then you'd really look foolish.


You are now resorting to using the biggest dickhead on the forum to back yourself up, yet I would look foolish.
Honestly Quill...you are a one. lol!

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 9355
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:16 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Awwwww....  Most little girls like the attention. Laughing

Syl is a grown-arsed woman and little girls would certainly not like the attention.

Calling a women a prostitute with no proof, mixing adult women up with little girls, and saying little girls like the attention of creeps.....Quill has really excelled himself in this thread.
Hopefully he doesn't carry on like this when he is doing his day job. Rolling Eyes

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 9355
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You have yet to make a valid point.  You changed the subject to go after me because you had nothing else.  I'm just pointing out that argumentum ad hominem is generally recognized as 'giving up' on your underlying point.



As Wolf has so aptly pointed out, you are giving anecdotal evidence and making a statistical argument.   Anytime you say "all" or "most" or "generally" you are making a reference to numbers, leaving behind the individual case.  That's why we repeatedly say, You can't generalize from specifics.

We are discussing the frequency of success in defamation suits.  It calls into play statistical thinking.  You respond by giving individual cases...what, should I count up your individual cases and compare them to the thousands filed every year?  Then you'd really look foolish.

You are now resorting to using the biggest dickhead on the forum to back yourself up, yet I would look foolish.
Honestly Quill...you are a one. lol!

You think that's an argument?  Wolf is my longest and bestest friend on the Internet.  Moreover, he's one of the most intelligent posters on here, although he mixes in a degree of 'enthusiasm' with his wisdom.   Razz   He's got a university degree, do you?  He's particularly good at scientific, environmental and oceanic matters, and holds up our wing in the South Pacific/Indian Ocean.

You cling to your UKIP brigade, I'll take Wolf any day.

_________________
Impeach and prosecute... ― Progressive Alliance...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 17128
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Syl is a grown-arsed woman and little girls would certainly not like the attention.

Calling a women a prostitute with no proof, mixing adult women up with little girls, and saying little girls like the attention of creeps.....Quill has really excelled himself in this thread.
Hopefully he doesn't carry on like this when he is doing his day job. Rolling Eyes

Oh right...by your way, we should just grab pussies and be quiet about it. Rolling Eyes Give my regards to Uncle Donald.

_________________
Impeach and prosecute... ― Progressive Alliance...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 17128
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Calling a women a prostitute with no proof, mixing adult women up with little girls, and saying little girls like the attention of creeps.....Quill has really excelled himself in this thread.
Hopefully he doesn't carry on like this when he is doing his day job. Rolling Eyes

Oh right...by your way, we should just grab pussies and be quiet about it. Rolling Eyes  Give my regards to Uncle Donald.

No one is talking about Donald Trump, what are you on about?

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 9355
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You have yet to make a valid point.  You changed the subject to go after me because you had nothing else.  I'm just pointing out that argumentum ad hominem is generally recognized as 'giving up' on your underlying point.



As Wolf has so aptly pointed out, you are giving anecdotal evidence and making a statistical argument.   Anytime you say "all" or "most" or "generally" you are making a reference to numbers, leaving behind the individual case.  That's why we repeatedly say, You can't generalize from specifics.

We are discussing the frequency of success in defamation suits.  It calls into play statistical thinking.  You respond by giving individual cases...what, should I count up your individual cases and compare them to the thousands filed every year?  Then you'd really look foolish.

You are now resorting to using the biggest dickhead on the forum to back yourself up, yet I would look foolish.
Honestly Quill...you are a one. lol!

You think that's an argument?  Wolf is my longest and bestest friend on the Internet.  Moreover, he's one of the most intelligent posters on here, although he mixes in a degree of 'enthusiasm' with his wisdom.   Razz   He's got a university degree, do you?  He's particularly good at scientific, environmental and oceanic matters, and holds up our wing in the South Pacific/Indian Ocean.

You cling to your UKIP brigade, I'll take Wolf any day.

It's not about how many degrees you have, it's about how you treat people and express yourself.
People won't come to your funeral because you know a bit more than me.

And from what I see, Syl spends a lot of her forum time actually answering points that are raised and doesn't pepper her posts with "enthusiasm" about her fellow posters.

Give me Syl in my forum life over a degree, anytime.

_________________
"In the end she became more than what she expected, she became the journey....and like all journeys, she did not end, she simply changed directions and kept going" ~ r.m drake
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 29505
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 46
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:17 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You think that's an argument?  Wolf is my longest and bestest friend on the Internet.  Moreover, he's one of the most intelligent posters on here, although he mixes in a degree of 'enthusiasm' with his wisdom.   Razz   He's got a university degree, do you?  He's particularly good at scientific, environmental and oceanic matters, and holds up our wing in the South Pacific/Indian Ocean.

You cling to your UKIP brigade, I'll take Wolf any day.

It's not about how many degrees you have, it's about how you treat people and express yourself.
People won't come to your funeral because you know a bit more than me.

And from what I see, Syl spends a lot of her forum time actually answering points that are raised and doesn't pepper her posts with "enthusiasm" about her fellow posters.

Give me Syl in my forum life over a degree, anytime.

To each his own. In a news discussion forum I think information is essential. It's nice to be groomed, but for me, I like meaningful and informative answers.

_________________
Impeach and prosecute... ― Progressive Alliance...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 17128
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:35 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You think that's an argument?  Wolf is my longest and bestest friend on the Internet.  Moreover, he's one of the most intelligent posters on here, although he mixes in a degree of 'enthusiasm' with his wisdom.   Razz   He's got a university degree, do you?  He's particularly good at scientific, environmental and oceanic matters, and holds up our wing in the South Pacific/Indian Ocean.

You cling to your UKIP brigade, I'll take Wolf any day.

It's not about how many degrees you have, it's about how you treat people and express yourself.
People won't come to your funeral because you know a bit more than me.

And from what I see, Syl spends a lot of her forum time actually answering points that are raised and doesn't pepper her posts with "enthusiasm" about her fellow posters.

Give me Syl in my forum life over a degree, anytime.

Thanks Eddie.
I don't have a degree and I don't pretend to be anything I'm not. I have said before, anyone can be anything they want to be on a forum.
It's the content of the posts that gives a poster worth imo, not what they claim to be or to have in their real lives.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 9355
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:10 am


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15333
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:22 am

Trump demeaned women and Clinton made a big issue of that - rightly so.

So those who do not support Trump should not go down the same road as insulting his wife.


_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Syl on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:29 am

Irn Bru wrote:Trump demeaned women and Clinton made a big issue of that - rightly so.

So those who do not support Trump should not go down the same road as insulting his wife.


I agree with you completely.
Unlike some on here you are a gentleman Irn.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 9355
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Original Quill on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:33 am

Irn Bru wrote:Trump demeaned women and Clinton made a big issue of that - rightly so.

So those who do not support Trump should not go down the same road as insulting his wife.

If you didn't notice, Irn, pussy-grabber won with those tactics.  There is a new normal right now.  Trying to be prim and proper these days will get you left behind.

You snooze, you lose. Wink

_________________
Impeach and prosecute... ― Progressive Alliance...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 17128
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:39 am

Irn Bru wrote:Trump demeaned women and Clinton made a big issue of that - rightly so.

So those who do not support Trump should not go down the same road as insulting his wife.


In My Defense
It would be sexist if I didn't demean women (not that i do for being female)
Since I demean everyone else  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

But I don't think that Meme is demeaning anyway
I doubt when she married him this situation ever entered her head Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15333
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You think that's an argument?  Wolf is my longest and bestest friend on the Internet.  Moreover, he's one of the most intelligent posters on here, although he mixes in a degree of 'enthusiasm' with his wisdom.   Razz   He's got a university degree, do you?  He's particularly good at scientific, environmental and oceanic matters, and holds up our wing in the South Pacific/Indian Ocean.

You cling to your UKIP brigade, I'll take Wolf any day.

It's not about how many degrees you have, it's about how you treat people and express yourself.
People won't come to your funeral because you know a bit more than me.

And from what I see, Syl spends a lot of her forum time actually answering points that are raised and doesn't pepper her posts with "enthusiasm" about her fellow posters.

Give me Syl in my forum life over a degree, anytime.

Thanks Eddie.
I don't have a degree and I don't pretend to be anything I'm not. I have said before, anyone can be anything they want to be on a forum.
It's the content of the posts that gives a poster worth imo, not what they claim to be or to  have in their real lives.

Sometimes facts and figures get in the way and all I want to know is how someone feels about something.

_________________
"In the end she became more than what she expected, she became the journey....and like all journeys, she did not end, she simply changed directions and kept going" ~ r.m drake
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 29505
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 46
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Syl on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Some people hide behind their real or imaginary achievements on forums......or google info instead of answering honestly. Each to their own but I would far rather talk to a genuine person than a Walter Mitty fantasist.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 9355
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Syl wrote:Some people hide behind their real or imaginary achievements on forums......or google info instead of answering honestly. Each to their own but I would far rather talk to a genuine person than a Walter Mitty fantasist.

This is the problem I have with forums. People post articles and links and facts and then the opposing person post links and articles and facts to make the other person wrong.

Boring. Turned off, tuned out.

How do you feel about the subject matter? Then add a link /fact/article to back up your post.

_________________
"In the end she became more than what she expected, she became the journey....and like all journeys, she did not end, she simply changed directions and kept going" ~ r.m drake
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 29505
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 46
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Syl on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:51 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Some people hide behind their real or imaginary achievements on forums......or google info instead of answering honestly. Each to their own but I would far rather talk to a genuine person than a Walter Mitty fantasist.

This is the problem I have with forums. People post articles and links and facts and then the opposing person post links and articles and facts to make the other person wrong.

Boring. Turned off, tuned out.

How do you feel about the subject matter? Then add a link /fact/article to back up your post.

Yeah I feel the same.
I would rather post my opinion than a page of facts I have googled....my opinion might be crap  but at least it's my own. Razz

I also get tired of 10 threads being about the same subject.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 9355
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Well I'm the only admin who does any actual physical work round here Syl, so I should merge most of them but tbf, sometimes it's easier to have the threads and just let them develop.

Oh well, we will just go round spouting our useless opinions and everyone else can talk round us. Rolling Eyes

_________________
"In the end she became more than what she expected, she became the journey....and like all journeys, she did not end, she simply changed directions and kept going" ~ r.m drake
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 29505
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 46
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum