What Went Wrong for Dems

Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:44 am

https://twitter.com/yanagiz/status/796382521688727552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/map-that-shows-how-the-future-voted-has-one-big-problem/news-story/10d00bc9c9c0e02491f7f1e6a92a0e0f

What Went Wrong for Dems  Cw1RUvqWgAATypw


A quick look at turnout data: It seems 2016 was nothing special for the Rep-candidate. It's the Dem-candidate that didn't get the vote out.



Like the consistent polls that showed Ms Clinton had a slim but steady lead all the way up to yesterday’s count, the graphic, published by US statistics site SurveyMonkey, was based on how people said they would vote — polling from the final two weeks of the campaign.
What we know now is, a lot of voters, especially those who may have supported Ms Clinton, just didn’t show up.


But the number of people who were compelled to vote is one reliable figure, and historical data shows that lower turnout generally favours Republican candidates.

An analysis of early turnout data posted to Twitter by economist D Yanazgizawa-Drott indicated that while voter turnout had declined compared to past election among supporters of each party, it was the Democrats who stayed at home in droves.
Despite this, Clinton is still on track to win the popular vote, meaning that by the numbers, she won more votes than Trump nationally.
But her voters were too geographically concentrated to save her where it mattered most, in battleground states that tipped to Trump by small margins, but produced high electoral votes.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:07 am

Too many people assumed it was in the bag.

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26385
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:15 am

I think that is part of it.
plus none of the 'bases' mobilized for her.
I think the assumption of the women voting for her because she is a woman was overestimated.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Eilzel on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:28 am

Bae wrote:Too many people assumed it was in the bag.

Pollsters say she has between 65-98% chance of winning- think I'll stay home.

Probably the thought of many.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7723
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:48 am

Idea

THE USA and Britain both have the same problem...

Voting in Federal elections isn't compulsory..

Definitely should be..
It's not enough that in a democracy one has that right to vote.
That right should also be exercised..


As with vaccinations for school age kids, or giving those same children a basic level of education, or requiring people to be licensed for certain activities (e.g.  driving a car, flying a plane, owning a gun..) --  sometimes some/many people do have to be made/coerced/even forced to do what is best for them, and for the wider community...         pirat

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 7146
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Bae wrote:Too many people assumed it was in the bag.

Pollsters say she has between 65-98% chance of winning- think I'll stay home.

Probably the thought of many.


You are in denial and making up a deluded fantasy that she was much more popular than in reality...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22466
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Independent Thoughts on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:07 pm

Agreed with Tommy.

Most Democrats stayed home, not because they thought it was in the bag, but because their conscience and common sense wouldn't allow them to put a corrupt politician in the White House, nor did they want another 4 yrs of the same ole' unproductive and overreaching government.

In US and state elections, the Republicans demolished the Democrats. Just as they did 4 years ago during the mid-terms. If this isn't a repudiation against Obama and his party, I don't know what is. People have said, NO MORE.

Independent Thoughts

Posts : 552
Join date : 2014-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:28 pm



Thank you indy thoughts... and you are quite right there too!


Although some will continue to find deluded excuses to pretend they and their views are really the right ones and have the majority support... to massage their own egos... and cling to the imaginary moral high ground they inhabit in their superiority complex driven fantasy bubble of bullshit!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22466
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:35 pm

If what IT says is true,

the good, kind and intellignet people should flee now.
the US is still a corrupted cluster fuck of corporate collusion.
And the Majority of dumbasses are voting AGAINST fixing it Suspect Suspect

Fuckwits Deserve the destruction they will have under Trump. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And I still say the biggest factor is LACK OF EDUCATION in the USA
even the Facotry worker wioth minimum education here looked the statements trump made and went that doesn't work, how are you going to pay, thats illiegal, that just dumb etc etc. even the Right wingers down here think Trump and those that voted him in a insane

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:48 pm



More twisted and deluded waffle there veya...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22466
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:13 pm

You're going to turn into a waffle one day Tommy

What Went Wrong for Dems  Img_5331

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:13 pm

I'm sick of the constant arrogance from some... and their constant bleating about how they are 'the good/kind/intelligent' etc and everyone else is 'stupid/uneducated/far right' and all the other 'sixhirbs' thrown in...


It's not only completely wrong and insulting... but it's not even remotely a valid political argument either...


Childish and idiotic doesn't come close...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22466
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:07 am

Tommy Monk wrote:I'm sick of the constant arrogance from some... and their constant bleating about how they are 'the good/kind/intelligent' etc and everyone else is 'stupid/uneducated/far right' and all the other 'sixhirbs' thrown in...


It's not only completely wrong and insulting... but it's not even remotely a valid political argument either...


Childish and idiotic doesn't come close...

No Tommy YOUR WORNG
And Yes I AM INSULTING YOU ON PURPOSE
Glad you possess the intellect to notice.

And I have to Say is
SUCK IT UP
Cause you want to spew Hate agaisnt immirgants and Muslims
atleast I am being an ASSHOLE TO YOU
because of YOUR ACTUAL STATED OPINON.
My Opinon of you is 100% down to theing you have posted

Reap what You sow.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:07 am


I talk about the damaging effects of mass immigration, the enormous costs and the extremely high crime rates of some of those groups...plus the fact that here in uk, 75% of British people want immigration levels significantly reduced or stopped altogether!


http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-immigration-survey-idUKBREA0600F20140107


But bollocks to the public eh veya...!?

You lefties know what's best... I'm sure... and think you have the right to impose it on everyone else regardless...!

You arrogant self righteous prick!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22466
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Original Quill on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Bae wrote:Too many people assumed it was in the bag.

Pollsters say she has between 65-98% chance of winning- think I'll stay home.

Probably the thought of many.

I don't think so.  It was not unintentional...Hillary had too high a negative rating.  The stay-at-home vote was intentional and malicious.  I think people were in a mood to say, fuck it, give 'em Trump and watch the fireworks show from your own backyard.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28355
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:02 am

Original Quill wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Bae wrote:Too many people assumed it was in the bag.

Pollsters say she has between 65-98% chance of winning- think I'll stay home.

Probably the thought of many.

I don't think so.  It was not unintentional...Hillary had too high a negative rating.  The stay-at-home vote was intentional and malicious.  I think people were in a mood to say, fuck it, give 'em Trump and watch the fireworks show from your own backyard.

I agree with Quill assessment

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:16 am

L0RD Independent Thoughts wrote:
Agreed with Tommy.

Most Democrats stayed home, not because they thought it was in the bag, but because their conscience and common sense wouldn't allow them to put a corrupt politician in the White House, nor did they want another 4 yrs of the same ole' unproductive and overreaching government.

In US and state elections, the Republicans demolished the Democrats. Just as they did 4 years ago during the mid-terms.  If this isn't a repudiation against Obama and his party, I don't know what is.  People have said, NO MORE.

Rolling Eyes

You're just as big an idiot as ever...

IF  the majority of Americans agreed with you,  you would have had over 50% of voters electing,Trump..

As it is,  only 25.5% of them actually did  !


Let's just look at what YOU yourself want for America shall we, I/T  ??? (Going on what you have promoted over this past year..) :

No public hospitals, and no universal health cover;
No welfare -- including no unemployment benefits and no aged pensions;
No public education;
Lower taxation;
Less immigration;
Crack down on whichever religions and ethnicities you are opposed to..

(And no doubt,  taking the vote away from women, blacks, Hispanics and Muslims would be handy also, to allow you to push forward the smaller/government/no welfare state.. .)


You have been foolish enough in the past as to call Obama a communist, born in Kenya; and Clinton corrupt and a crook --  without providing any evidence.   Evidence isn't really one of your strong suits, is it  I/T  ?          Razz

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 7146
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:35 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
I'm sick of the constant arrogance from some... and their constant bleating about how they are 'the good/kind/intelligent' etc and everyone else is 'stupid/uneducated/far right' and all the other 'sixhirbs' thrown in...

It's not only completely wrong and insulting... but it's not even remotely a valid political argument either...

Childish and idiotic doesn't come close...

No Tommy YOUR WRONG
And Yes I AM INSULTING YOU ON PURPOSE
Glad you possess the intellect to notice.

And I have to Say is
SUCK IT UP
Cause you want to spew Hate agaisnt immirgants and Muslims
atleast I am being an ASSHOLE TO YOU
because of YOUR ACTUAL STATED OPINON.
My Opinon of you is 100% down to theing you have posted

Reap what You sow.

cheers

"I'm sick of the constant arrogance..." and clueless stupidity from those gormless neo-nazi hatemongers on here like Tommy and Major..

Not only are they completely hopeless in their appraisal of what's happening in the world,  but their extremist 'solutions' that they keep on promoting can only ever bring on the next Great Depression all that much sooner..

One has to wonder --  exactly how their fascist policies would make Britain "great",  when it doesn't even have the necessary natural resource base to start with  ?           santa


It will also be interesting to see the reactions from Tommy,  I/T and company,  if and when the Trumpster considers not undoing or winding back all of the Obama legacy,  and if he decides that some of his more radical propsals are simply too illegal/unconstitutional/wrong/too plain hard to actually implement.

Than Tommy will be the one with 'egg on his face', after all of his silly claims and empty boasts on here.           What Went Wrong for Dems  1363015401

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 7146
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Original Quill on Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:59 am

Independent Thoughts wrote:Most Democrats stayed home, not because they thought it was in the bag, but because their conscience and common sense wouldn't allow them to put a corrupt politician in the White House…

I wouldn’t describe it as “conscience and common sense,” but rather gullibility. Hillary was not, and is not corrupt, but the RW’rs simply started treating her as such with no substance in fact. From Benghazi to emails, they railed away, despite the fact that Republican Congressional committees, and the Republican Director of the FBI, said there was nothing wrong.

Independent Troughts wrote:nor did they want another 4 yrs of the same ole' unproductive and overreaching government.

Wrong again. Dr. Obama is no doubt the most affable and successful president the US has ever had. In 1999, the Republican Congress, led by Newt Gingrich and the paedophile Dennis Hasart, passed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which forbade regulation of derivatives, and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, or Financial Services Modernization Act, which eliminated New Deal barriers to mergers of stockbrokers, commercial and investment banks and insurance companies. Combined, these laws had the effect of abolishing all of the significant rules put in place at the time of the Great Depression designed to prevent a repeat. As predicted, in 2008, we were on the brink of another Great Depression, which the Democrats had to come in and fix.

Concomitant with these get-rich-quick laws for the wealthy, were immense tax breaks…for example, Donald Trump, as wealthy as he his, paid no taxes during this time. Tax breaks have the effect of pouring a nation’s wealth into the pockets of one class, and only one class. Hence, you see today that 1% of the nation control the wealth of 99% of the world.

Dr. Obama saved us from all of this, and righted the keel of the US. The Republicans (Bush and Cheney) had left the country in an ugly, purposeless war, on the brink of the next depression, with double-digit unemployment, a $17-trillion deficit and bin Laden still alive and running around. Obama got the country out of Iraq, saved America from the next Depression, brought unemployment down from 10.5% to 4.2%, oversaw the creation of 9-million jobs, oversaw the American stock market soar to over $22,000 average in the Dow Jones (highest ever), saved the American Auto industry, bailed out the world financial system, and finally, created a highly successful medical care system (despite the sour grapes of Republicans)...and, don't forget, he got bin Laden when the Republican administration was completely inept at finding him. Ms. Clinton, as Secretary of State, was a part of the immensely successful team that did all that. All of this, mind you, over a Republican Congress that vowed to work against American interests, as long as a black man presided in the White House (the McConnell-Boehner doctrine), because party and race trumped their loyalty. That's a hell of a record. The only reason Republicans don't like Dr. Obama is because of his race. That's their problem.

Republicans represent nothing but blight and misery, which they are about to visit again in the Middle East. But before they can, they have been intercepted by a third-party movement, which will finish them. Trumpsters are not Republicans, but an entirely different front. They reject establishment Republicans--witness the nasty fights of the debates--as much as Democrats.

We will watch with interest the early months of the Trump administration: if he goes with his base and tries to implement his Alt Right program, he will be at odds with Republicans, in particular Paul Ryan; but if he starts kowtowing to establishment Republicans, his base will dissolve into the thin air.

In any case, Democrats will have nothing to do but watch this fiasco play itself out...they can't lose. It will be most amusing.


_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28355
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Went Wrong for Dems  Empty Re: What Went Wrong for Dems

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:00 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
No Tommy YOUR WRONG
And Yes I AM INSULTING YOU ON PURPOSE
Glad you possess the intellect to notice.

And I have to Say is
SUCK IT UP
Cause you want to spew Hate agaisnt immirgants and Muslims
atleast I am being an ASSHOLE TO YOU
because of YOUR ACTUAL STATED OPINON.
My Opinon of you is 100% down to theing you have posted

Reap what You sow.

cheers

"I'm sick of the constant arrogance..." and clueless stupidity from those gormless neo-nazi hatemongers on here like Tommy and Major..

Not only are they completely hopeless in their appraisal of what's happening in the world,  but their extremist 'solutions' that they keep on promoting can only ever bring on the next Great Depression all that much sooner..

One has to wonder --  exactly how their fascist policies would make Britain "great",  when it doesn't even have the necessary natural resource base to start with  ?           santa


It will also be interesting to see the reactions from Tommy,  I/T and company,  if and when the Trumpster considers not undoing or winding back all of the Obama legacy,  and if he decides that some of his more radical propsals are simply too illegal/unconstitutional/wrong/too plain hard to actually implement.

Than Tommy will be the one with 'egg on his face', after all of his silly claims and empty boasts on here.           What Went Wrong for Dems  1363015401


I haven't made any claims about trump... Maybe you can provide some evidence that I did...?


But I know you can't... because you are just lying again!!!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22466
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum