Trump won! This is the gloating thread.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trump won! This is the gloating thread.

Post by Independent Thoughts on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we all know, Hillary took one heck of a thumping on election night. Why anyone would have wanted a corrupt politician as our president, in the first place, is beyond me. Thankfully, America was able to veer our nation off the path of destruction by electing Trump.

If anyone wants to express or share the joy and happiness they're feeling after having heard of Trump's victory, please feel free to share and gloat.

Independent Thoughts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump won! This is the gloating thread.

Post by Independent Thoughts on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:30 am

Irn, you've only established that the KKK wants to ride on Trump's popularity wave and coat tails.  You've not established that Trump or anyone in his party wants anything to do with them.

Take your pick:
Trump campaign denounces KKK's official newspaper's support
Trump denounces David Duke, KKK
Donald Trump denounces KKK endorsement
Donald Trump's campaign denounces support from KKK newspaper

Then compare any of your picks to this:

Independent Thoughts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:07 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

I don't think I'll ever understand the US voting mechanism.

How can Clinton have got a bigger share of the votes yet Trump wins?

because like our own nations it is determined by the number of seats won not votes.

Many rural seats have low popuations distrubted over larger areas, while cities have more people in each seat but smaller areas.
if it were purely on votes the decisions and policies would all be directed at the cities as you can get more votes covering a smaller geographic area, which is cheaper and quicker than trying to find that many people in a rural areas.

If its about seats it shouldn't matter if there is 300 or 300,000 voting, the candidate with the majority vote wins.

The problem as I see it in the US is that even if a candidate won a particular state then the people who actually do the voting (the electors?) don't actually have to vote the way their states wanted.

How is that right, it means the election really depends on what those few people want rather than what the country as a whole wants.

just happened to come across a page that explains WHY there are electorial colleges or Regioanl Reps

http://imgur.com/gallery/nCkfN

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:25 am

veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:46 am

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:37 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

I don't think I'll ever understand the US voting mechanism.

How can Clinton have got a bigger share of the votes yet Trump wins?

because like our own nations it is determined by the number of seats won not votes.

Many rural seats have low popuations distrubted over larger areas, while cities have more people in each seat but smaller areas.
if it were purely on votes the decisions and policies would all be directed at the cities as you can get more votes covering a smaller geographic area, which is cheaper and quicker than trying to find that many people in a rural areas.

If its about seats it shouldn't matter if there is 300 or 300,000 voting, the candidate with the majority vote wins.

The problem as I see it in the US is that even if a candidate won a particular state then the people who actually do the voting (the electors?) don't actually have to vote the way their states wanted.

How is that right, it means the election really depends on what those few people want rather than what the country as a whole wants.

just happened to come across a page that explains WHY there are electorial colleges or Regioanl Reps

http://imgur.com/gallery/nCkfN

Which is total bullshit logic unless you think the needs of the few should outweigh the needs of the many.

And there's a way to reform the system without ignoring rural needs. You simply abolish the Electoral College and make all Representatives and Senators at-large officers from each state.

That way, rural states will still have people in Congress looking out for farmers and ranchers -- who, by the way, also control the food supply and thus already have a lot of power over people in the cities.

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:47 am

Oh, and the representatives from the rural states sure are looking out for themselves, with all the banning of the teaching of evolution and removing abortion rights. That surely helps our nation's farms and ranches.

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:40 am

Yes in the USA it has unfortunately manifested in that way. Neutral but the inverse has proven disastrous too in other nations, it has more do to with balance and the USA is probably unbalanced towards the rural states.

it is not so bad here, but that is more just luck that a lot of rural Australia is 'forward thinking and global in outlook'. The only innate difference I can think of is the stronger public education system, because even the less educated here knew that a lot of Trump's Promises made little sense or where illegal/impossible.

Plus each state is larger and has it own urban and rural areas so the closest we see to the full rural states of the USA is Western Australia and that has more to do with mining.

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top