Serious - For Ben

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Serious - For Ben

Post by Original Quill on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Syl wrote:
scrat wrote:
Monkey boy!,,,,,fuckin classic and that's why I was banned Smile , again!

Calling black people apes is disgusting many black people are wearing our flag and fighting on the ruddy line for Queen and country, I would remove British citizenship from racist filth, if they cannot act in a civilised manner intern them, they disgrace this beautiful island!

OK...I don't know you or why you were banned (or from where) I do know someone used to be named 'Monkeyboy' on forums and he didn't find it funny......obviously you find that name amusing, yet you find other names disgusting....not sure how that works tbh, an insult is an insult.

Surely if people feel they have the right to be outraged at certain insults they should be careful of the insults they themselves throw around.

We all make arbitrary choices about words.  Look at this forum...watch how "geranium" (cunt, for those not in the know) is banned, but dickhead is like, meh.     If that makes sense, I'd like to have someone explain it to me.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

If the forum that was reported by someone was 'Inaflap'....it seems to have gone, so whoever did report it, be it for a genuine reason or a petty grudge, it's worked....at least for the time being.

It looks like a technical error.

Happily it was just that Rags...it's back.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

OK...I don't know you or why you were banned (or from where) I do know someone used to be named 'Monkeyboy' on forums and he didn't find it funny......obviously you find that name amusing, yet you find other names disgusting....not sure how that works tbh, an insult is an insult.

Surely if people feel they have the right to be outraged at certain insults they should be careful of the insults they themselves throw around.

We all make arbitrary choices about words.  Look at this forum...watch how "geranium" (cunt, for those not in the know) is banned, but dickhead is like, meh.     If that makes sense, I'd like to have someone explain it to me.

Sexual discrimination Quill. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Sexual discrimination Quill. Razz

Razz   Could be...but then, why is "pussy"-grabber acceptable?  I just think some words get a bad rep, and that's it.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:26 pm

scrat wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm scrat, a pro hunting, anti EU lefty, perhaps Monkey boy is the very same Monkey boy in your tale of woe, I've already posted the Urban for Monkey boy and it describes Monkey boy to a tee.

As I reported earlier Monkey boy conducted a 10 year hate campaign against a particularly militant homosexual, they were posting each other's posts on various forums.

Could be karma, but I suspect it to be the reality of modern life kicking in!

If it's a person I'm thinking of, it's not relevant that he's gay. That person conducted a vendetta against several people, and still would be if he had anywhere to post.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:42 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If it's a person I'm thinking of, it's not relevant that he's gay. That person conducted a vendetta against several people, and still would be if he had anywhere to post.

It wouldn't be relevant at all. but for the fact that Monkey boy encouraged and participated in homophobic abuse for 10years,,,,         Yes 10 years!!! Of course his homosexuality is relevant, what drugs are you on?

Which planet are you on? If you think that person is "innocent", you're deluding yourself.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:58 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Which planet are you on? If you think that person is "innocent", you're deluding yourself.
"innocent" what's that got to do with anything, if you antagonise and constantly abuse an incredibly militant homosexual for 10 years for no reason other than the fact he's homosexual, it's hardly surprising this war would end in tears.

How you ever considered the actions of the person who brought this all about?

The "militant homosexual", as you call him, has abused several people who did not antagonise him in the first place. You should have done more research before you chose him as an example of a "victim".

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:19 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The "militant homosexual", as you call him, has abused several people who did not antagonise him in the first place. You should have done more research before you chose him as an example of a "victim".
Are you telling me in a roundabout way!,,,,that he deserved it because he was wearing a short skirt?

You don't heed to use sexual orientation to gain a smidgen of leverage in some petty squabble, it's poor form.

And illegal

I like the militant homosexual, he was only ever nasty to me once when we disagreed over the use of the term "gay", Monkey boy enjoyed posting the militant homosexuals posts above all else in this life, it was his purpose of being, and being spiteful he then tried pulling the knuckle draggers in to encourage and further the abuse!

No, I'm saying that abused people, so they responded. He sent Dean a lot of abuse, so Dean replied. If you have a problem with that - well it's your problem really.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:21 pm

There is no excuse for homophobia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Ziz wrote:There is no excuse for homophobia.

Responding to abuse from a person who is gay is not homophobic though.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

It is if homophobic terms are used.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:32 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm not saying they were. I'm saying that Scrat chose an abusive person as an example of a "victim", and that person happened to be gay. Being gay doesn't mean he could abuse anyone he liked with impunity.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 pm

Major wrote:

IMHO I say the word "gay" for homosexuals is wrong, it has been hijacked to try to give give a "a nice feel" to it.

You can still use the word gay in other contexts - it wasn't stolen.

Oooh, I do feel queer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:34 pm

What term would you use then, Stormee? Bumbandit, pouffe, queer, turd burglar.?
If gays are ok wth gay, I am ok with that.

Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I'm not saying they were. I'm saying that Scrat chose an abusive person as an example of a "victim", and that person happened to be gay. Being gay doesn't mean he could abuse anyone he liked with impunity.

My concern is only regarding hate speech, not your or anyone else's opinion of the person in question - whoever he or she may be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Ziz wrote:
Major wrote:

IMHO I say the word "gay" for homosexuals is wrong, it has been hijacked to try to give give a "a nice feel" to it.

You can still use the word gay in other contexts - it wasn't  stolen.

Oooh, I do feel queer.
"Queer as folk"....brilliant TV prog from years ago, set in Manchester I think.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:38 pm

scrat wrote:
Major wrote:

Its not wrong in the sense of its popularity of use, it's just sad that we need to use words to describe someone's sexual orientation as it's meaningless, also being "gay" is one of the most beautiful words in the English language, I just wish it could go back to its former use!

I use gay all the time, there's nothing stopping you using it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:38 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

My concern is only regarding hate speech, not your or anyone else's opinion of the person in question - whoever he or she may be.

The point is that criticising a person who happens to be gay is not homophobic, but some people appear to think it is.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:38 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

You can still use the word gay in other contexts - it wasn't  stolen.

Oooh, I do feel queer.

A perfect example of non-homophopic usage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

The point is that criticising a person who happens to be gay is not homophobic, but some people appear to think it is.

You are right, people of all orientations can be criticized - but not for their orientation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You are right, people of all orientations can be criticized - but not for their orientation.

They can, however, be criticised for using their orientation to play the victim whilst all the time attacking others.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

But it was about homosexuals, so it had a double meaning.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:43 pm

scrat wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I use gay all the time, there's nothing stopping you using it.
I do, despite its connotations.

It has none except to those who deliberately wish to twist the non-homosexual context you use it in. You know, insecure primitive types who giggle at things like bum sex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

But it was about homosexuals, so it had a double meaning.

Oh - lol - clever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

They can, however, be criticised for using their orientation to play the victim whilst all the time attacking others.

Of course, so long as homophobic terms or what might be construed as hate speech are not employed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:50 pm

Significantly, the complaint is still only hypotheticall.
Made allegedly by a non NF member who posts on Flop about treatment he received on Flop.
The crux is, was the abuse made by Flop posters who post here as well.?
Only they will know,  but if found guilty after a hypothetical  investigation by Forumotion  litigation  team, they must expect  some punishment.

Angry Andy

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:56 pm

scrat wrote:
Ziz wrote:

It has none except to those who deliberately wish to twist the non-homosexual context you use it in. You know, insecure primitive types who giggle at things like bum sex.
Feeling gay has nothing to do with being homosexual, and not all homosexuals are gay many are just as neurotic as the rest of us.

I'm not complaining about its usage, I just wish it could be returned to its former use.

It's no big deal!

If its former usage can still be used, which it can, then there's nothing to return.

It is entirely valid to say "I feel gay" as it is to say "I feel queer".

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Significantly, the complaint is still only hypotheticall.
Made allegedly by a non NF member who posts on Flop about treatment he received on Flop.
The crux is, was the abuse made by Flop posters who post here as well.?
Only they will know,  but if found guilty after a hypothetical  investigation by Forumotion  litigation  team, they must expect  some punishment.

Why is that relevant? If it's not relevant that someone who posts here might have reported Flap to Forumotion, it's also not relevant if a member of Flap who also posts here posted anything abusive.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Its very relevent if we a have a poster from both sites making posts on the other site that Forumotion regard as serious and abusive enough to merit a ban, which either Forumotion or Ben will have to enforce.
The fact the complainant may be unpleasant is irrelevant if he broke no rules, but the abusive posts he received did. Them forumotion and the site admins need to discipline the abusive posters.
Unless you condone the abusive , rule breaking posts and/ or they were made by a friend.

Angry Andy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Its very relevent if we a have a poster from both sites making posts on the other site that Forumotion regard as serious and abusive enough to merit a ban, which either Forumotion  or Ben will have to enforce.
The fact the complainant  may be unpleasant is irrelevant  if he broke no rules, but the abusive posts he received did. Them forumotion and the site admins need to discipline the abusive posters.
Unless you condone the abusive , rule breaking posts and/ or they were made by a friend.

If the poster is not making abusive posts on this site, how is that relevant to this site or to Ben?

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:57 pm

scrat wrote:
Ziz wrote:

If its former usage can still be used, which it can, then there's nothing to return.

It is entirely valid  to say "I feel gay" as it is to say "I feel queer".
no not at all feeling gay only means "I fell queer" in modern parlance circa 1920's.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with its former use of being carefree, bright and happy!

It has to me, and I continue to use it in that context among others. Language belongs to us all to use as we wish, and twist if we wish.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:16 pm

Major wrote:

Imho I say you're an idiot for saying that.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:32 am

Laughing

CALLING Major/Stormee an idiot is being grossly unfair to genuine idiots...

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:12 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Laughing

CALLING Major/Stormee an idiot is being grossly unfair to genuine idiots...

Yes, you must be really offended. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:28 pm

Major wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes, you must be really offended.  Razz

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

What a good put down, I love it.

Dunno about greeniz and reddiz but whichever is best I give Syl a ZILLION.

Thank you Major.....couldn't resist. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:34 pm

scrat wrote:
Ziz wrote:

It has to me, and I continue to use it in that context among others. Language belongs to us all to use as we wish, and twist if we wish.
We should be grateful that English is a living language, alive and well, evolving and developing, chopping and changing, moving and grooving with the ebb and flow of global communications.

The meaning of "gay" has changed, and whose to say its usage might one day (when we're not so fixated with sexual orientation) change back again to its beautiful and life affirming original use.

Only primitives remain fixated with sexually orientation - in time even they will move on.

Last edited by Ziz on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:35 pm

So Stormee, did your pathetic little whine to Ben yield a result?
Any posters unearthed as reporting your other site, hypothetically, to forumotion?
No?
Never mind.

Poor Stormee was quite pathetic
His report was only hypothetic.
Although he bleated and wailed
His complaint has already failed
And only his flop chums were sympathetic.

Angry Andy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum