Blacks six times more likely than whites to be stopped and searched by police

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blacks six times more likely than whites to be stopped and searched by police

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Black people are over six times more likely than whites to be stopped and searched by police, new figures reveal.

Overall use of the controversial powers reduced by more than a quarter across all ethnicities but stops of white people fell more sharply.

Official figures showed those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups were three times as likely to be stopped and searched as those who are white in 2015/16.

Black people were over six times more likely to be stopped.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd branded the statistics “unacceptable” but added stop and search powers remained “vital” in the fight against crime.

The findings emerged as new standards and training for officers using the tactic will be rolled out.

A Home Office report said the difference between BME and white groups narrowed to twice as likely between the years ending in March 2011 and 2015 but has risen again in the latest year.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/black-people-six-times-more-likely-than-whites-to-be-stopped-and-searched-a3380736.html

- Cody Canada & the Departed
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacks six times more likely than whites to be stopped and searched by police

Post by eddie on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Doesn't surprise me. When I was growing up and had a crowd of black friends, the boys were often stopped and one time, were thrown in the back of the police van ("meat wagon") and were beaten. I witnessed it with my own eyes. The boys went in ok and came out with black eyes and bruises.

If I'd been older than 15 I'd have probably known better and reported it to someone.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacks six times more likely than whites to be stopped and searched by police

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:15 pm

The standard is a London paper... so presumably talking about London statistics...

Maybe this is something to do with it...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/boys-14-held-for-gun-offences-in-school-swoop-as-met-launches-crackdown-on-gang-crime-a3379921.html

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Angry Andy on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:55 am

Why iz you ritin' lyke a black guy duzz?. Cuz you wanna be one Stormee?

Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:04 am

What these thugs do is hide their weapons nearby where they hang out for easy access and to avoid being caught carrying them...

All here in this link...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/boys-14-held-for-gun-offences-in-school-swoop-as-met-launches-crackdown-on-gang-crime-a3379921.html

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:17 pm

It's obviously victimisation, unless it's an area where black crime is far higher than white crime, but I doubt it's SIX times higher anywhere.

I wonder how many men are randomly stopped compared to women....of any colour.
No one ever seems to mention that on forums. Laughing

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Syl wrote:It's obviously victimisation, unless it's an area where black crime is far higher than white crime, but I doubt it's SIX times higher anywhere.

Syl... it's London... where blacks are hugely disproportionately more responsible for crime!!!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:It's obviously victimisation, unless it's an area where black crime is far higher than white crime, but I doubt it's SIX times higher anywhere.

Syl... it's London... where blacks are hugely disproportionately more responsible for crime!!!

Does it specify London?

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:35 pm

London newspaper...

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Well it doesn't specify the London police force or the Met...it just says 'police'.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:47 pm

If the article doesn't quote it's source for the data then it has no basis for any credibility...

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:33 am

Well if you had posted it you would be asked to provide the source for the data....so I accept your point.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top