Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by feelthelove on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Yeah mon from Jamaica Cool

Stuck in the bar awaiting the arrival of Hurricane Matthew! Luckily pretty calm so far. Kingston had been hit very hard by flooding Sad

Very fortunate to be safe in a hotel, locals not so fortunate. Thoughts go out to those in Cuba and Haiti, sounds like the effects will be devastating.

I'll have my rum colour glasses on later! drunken Shocked alien

_________________
Piglet : "How do you spell love?"  Pooh : "You don't spell it, you feel it"  
avatar
feelthelove
Queen of Smilies

Posts : 2736
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 46
Location : Planet feelthelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by eddie on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:38 pm

Oooh forgot you were going to Jamaica! I'm really not at all jealous not even a small tiny bit.

Ps don't update your iPad to IOS 10 as it blows up the electrics! I'd post a shocked smiley there but I can't.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32836
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by feelthelove on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:39 pm

eddie wrote:Oooh forgot you were going to Jamaica! I'm really not at all jealous not even a small tiny bit.

Ps don't update your iPad to IOS 10 as it blows up the electrics! I'd post a shocked smiley there but I can't.

Duplicate!


Last edited by feelthelove on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Piglet : "How do you spell love?"  Pooh : "You don't spell it, you feel it"  
avatar
feelthelove
Queen of Smilies

Posts : 2736
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 46
Location : Planet feelthelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by feelthelove on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:41 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:Oooh forgot you were going to Jamaica! I'm really not at all jealous not even a small tiny bit.

Ps don't update your iPad to IOS 10 as it blows up the electrics! I'd post a shocked smiley there but I can't.

Ah ok, thanks for the tip  cheers

It's raining but the rums still good  drunken x

_________________
Piglet : "How do you spell love?"  Pooh : "You don't spell it, you feel it"  
avatar
feelthelove
Queen of Smilies

Posts : 2736
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 46
Location : Planet feelthelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:43 pm

feelthelove wrote:Yeah mon from Jamaica Cool

Stuck in the bar awaiting the arrival of Hurricane Matthew! Luckily pretty calm so far. Kingston had been hit very hard by flooding Sad

Very fortunate to be safe in a hotel, locals not so fortunate. Thoughts go out to those in Cuba and Haiti, sounds like the effects will be devastating.

I'll have my rum colour glasses on later! drunken Shocked alien

Get your kite out, live on the edge!
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by eddie on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:48 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:Oooh forgot you were going to Jamaica! I'm really not at all jealous not even a small tiny bit.

Ps don't update your iPad to IOS 10 as it blows up the electrics! I'd post a shocked smiley there but I can't.

Duplicate!

See what I mean??? It's doing stuff that I didn't tell it to FTL.

So how is the reggae vibe over there?

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32836
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by feelthelove on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 pm

eddie wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Duplicate!

See what I mean??? It's doing stuff that I didn't tell it to FTL.

So how is the reggae vibe over there?

It's fantastic thanks Eddie, staff are keeping us well entertained. They know how to move

_________________
Piglet : "How do you spell love?"  Pooh : "You don't spell it, you feel it"  
avatar
feelthelove
Queen of Smilies

Posts : 2736
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 46
Location : Planet feelthelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by eddie on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:51 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Duplicate!

See what I mean??? It's doing stuff that I didn't tell it to FTL.

So how is the reggae vibe over there?

It's fantastic thanks Eddie, staff are keeping us well entertained. They know how to move

Has the storm arrived yet?


_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32836
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:02 am

The threads take it north through the Greater Antilles, but a high over the southern US will push it (east) out to sea as it heads north along the Atlantic coast of No. America.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 21607
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by Angry Andy on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Latest on the BC is tjat it eill tracknoryh up.the eastern seaboard of yhe Flotida panhandle. Batten the hatches and good luck.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4044
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by eddie on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Latest on the BC is tjat it eill tracknoryh up.the eastern seaboard of yhe Flotida panhandle. Batten the hatches and good luck.

That's easy for you to say...

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32836
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by Miffs2 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:19 pm

eddie wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Latest on the BC is tjat it eill tracknoryh up.the eastern seaboard of yhe Flotida panhandle. Batten the hatches and good luck.

That's easy for you to say...
Laughing
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:41 pm

These are the Cape Verde storms. Because of the twist, the worst of them is on the eastern front, so that is the seaward side.

As long as the Low keeps the system offshore, mostly the Atlantic Ocean will take the pounding.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 21607
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane Matthew-Jamaica

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum