Corrupt police will be jailed for up to 14 years under new laws brought in following investigation into racist murder of Stephen Lawrence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corrupt police will be jailed for up to 14 years under new laws brought in following investigation into racist murder of Stephen Lawrence

Post by eddie on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:42 pm

Corrupt police will face up to 14 years in jail under new laws introduced in response to the botched Scotland Yard investigation into the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence.

Ministers said dishonest officers would be subject to ‘the full force of the criminal law’ under the proposals, which carry the same maximum sentence as burglary or importing Class B drugs.

The widely-drawn legislation covers officers who threaten to do something - or not do something - for an ‘improper purpose’.

Crucially, it will also apply to police who fail to act because of a friendship or other relationship with a perpetrator – a key allegation in the Lawrence case.

A review by Mark Ellison QC, published in March, into the Metropolitan Police’s original Stephen Lawrence murder investigation in 1993 found evidence to suspect one of the officers in the inquiry team, DS John Davidson, acted corruptly.

Davidson had a relationship with the gangster father of one of Stephen's killers and deliberately stalled the inquiry, it is alleged.

The new offence will also be seen as a further crackdown on police behaviour in the wake of the Plebgate affair, which led to Cabinet minister Andrew Mitchell losing his job after a row with police at the gates of Downing Street in 2012.

Police Minister Damian Green said: ‘Where police officers fall short of the high standards we expect of them, it is right that the full force of the criminal law is available to punish and deter acts of corruption by police officers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2654335/Corrupt-police-jailed-14-years-murder-Stephen-Lawrence.html

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Corrupt police will be jailed for up to 14 years under new laws brought in following investigation into racist murder of Stephen Lawrence

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:53 am

Major wrote:When will this crap end?

£millions upon millions of our money down the drain.

What crap?
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrupt police will be jailed for up to 14 years under new laws brought in following investigation into racist murder of Stephen Lawrence

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Major wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

What crap?    

The attempt at making Lawrence a innocent martyr.

Are you saying he was guilty of something? Apart from being black, that is!
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Re the op... police covering up and failing to actively prosecue the Pakistani Muslim child rape gangs should be prosecuted themselves too!!!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Re the op... police covering up and failing to actively prosecue the Pakistani Muslim child rape gangs should be prosecuted themselves too!!!

Don't forget care workers, politicians, religious leaders, and even when the police did act and get evidence and girls brave enough to speak out, the CPS threw out several cases citing unreliable witnesses.

Prosecute the police in this case and a huge can of worms will be opened....not that it shouldn't be.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Tommy

This
Isn't
About
Asian
Gangs
It's
About
Stephen
Lawrence

Ok?

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Major wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

What crap?    

The attempt at making Lawrence a innocent martyr.

You mean spirited old bastard. I really don't know how you can live with yourself with the comments you spew.

HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Re the op... police covering up and failing to actively prosecue the Pakistani Muslim child rape gangs should be prosecuted themselves too!!!

And the Council.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:24 pm

eddie wrote:Tommy

This
Isn't
About
Asian
Gangs
It's
About
Stephen
Lawrence

Ok?

I was just thinking that. Tommy went offtopic so fast with his what-about-ery shite.
Pathetic and ludicrous deflection tactics. lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Tommy does have a point though. If police are prosecuted for corruption and covering up in one case, there are other cases where they have deliberately stalled, covered up evidence and ignored vital information.

Like I said...a can of worms.

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Surprised

THE WAY that Tommy jumps to the defense of corrupt cops, crooked businesses and perverted Tory and UKIP pollies so quickly,  I wonder if he has,a few such despicable characters among his family and friends ???

Or, maybe that's simply the kind of lowlifes that he best identifies with..     Suspect

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:48 pm

You're a bit obsessed with Tommy aren't you. sleaze

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:33 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Surprised

THE WAY that Tommy jumps to the defense of corrupt cops, crooked businesses and perverted Tory and UKIP pollies so quickly,  I wonder if he has,a few such despicable characters among his family and friends ???

Or, maybe that's simply the kind of lowlifes that he best identifies with..     Suspect

That will do wolfie.....dont go down that road....family is NOT a target on here......

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:46 pm

This
Isn't
About
Asian
Gangs
It's
About
Stephen
Lawrence

Ok?

No... it's about new laws to prosecute corrupt police and subsequently those who are covering up other stuff and failing in doing their correct duty in acting against those who they should be...

Lawrence is just one possible example of where this police failing may be happening and worthy of prosecutions...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:25 am

When I am less drunk and less tired I will come back and turn off this rinse and repeat cycle that you're on.

Wow. That was easier than I thought to type. I rock at drunk typing Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:08 am

Syl wrote:

Don't forget care workers, politicians, religious leaders, and even when the police did act and get evidence and girls brave enough to speak out, the CPS threw out several cases citing unreliable witnesses.

Prosecute the police in this case and a huge can of worms will be opened....not that it shouldn't be.

It's worse than that...

A father found out where his daughter was being gang raped by these Pakistani Muslim scum... he went round there to rescue her... and police arrested HIM!!!

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2014/09/british-police-arrested-parents-for.html?m=1

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:30 am

This
Isn't
About
Asian
Gangs
It's
About
Stephen
Lawrence

Ok?

It's not actually, or it shouldn't be. I don't know why they need a new law - corrupt police officers are already prosecuted.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:35 am

I don't know why you constantly get away with your vile posts. Mad

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:53 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't know why you constantly get away with your vile posts. Mad

He hasn't. Vic warned him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top