People just seem to be getting more violent

Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:32 pm

I've read several stories this morning about women attacking women and teens stabbing teens.  This is one such story; an apparently normal night between friends whereby it turns violent with one woman biting another woman.

What is going on in our society? Are we just becoming more and more aggressive?



Woman sentenced for biting a chunk out of young mum's cheek

23/09/2016

A woman who bit a chunk out of the cheek of a young mum has been sentenced.

Liverpool Crown Court heard that Claire McCluskey, 30, assaulted the woman at a house in Garstang Road in Southport in the early hours of Thursday 25 February.

McCluskey had been drinking with the woman and a few other friends at the house and the atmosphere had been friendly for most of the evening.

However, later the victim thought that McCluskey seemed to be drunk and suggested she leave, which McCluskey did.

But she returned shortly after and there was an argument between the two. McCluskey punched her and then bit a chunk of skin, estimated at around two inches by two inches, out of her cheek.

The woman was taken to Southport Hospital were the injury was dressed and she was referred to Whiston Hospital. Two days later a skin graft was done by taking tissues from her upper right arm and grafting this onto the injury.

Doctors estimated her recovery would take around nine months and the injury could leave her with permanent scarring. McCluskey later pleaded guilty to assault.

Geoffrey Fryar, Senior District Crown Prosecutor with Mersey-Cheshire Crown Prosecution Service said: "This was a vicious attack. The women had been enjoying a sociable drink earlier in the evening and its unclear why they started arguing.

"As a result of this assault, McCluskey has now been given a two year jail term, suspended for two years, ordered to pay £1,000 compensation and do 180 hours of unpaid community work.

"Her victim has been badly affected and is permanently scarred, despite the best efforts of surgeons.

"In a Victim Personal Statement, she told the court that she is reminded of the assault everytime she gets up in the morning and looks in the mirror."

http://www.cps.gov.uk/mersey-cheshire/cps_merseyside_cheshire_news/woman_sentenced_for_bitting_chunk_out_of_young_mum_s_cheek/

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38252
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:53 pm

There have been two cases lately of huge groups of schoolchildren having planned massed fights, using clubs and sticks and lumps of rock.   In one case the parents brought them to it!!!

Sometimes I wonder if the pollution in the air is changing the way we behave.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/20/up-to-100-schoolchildren-involved-in-mass-brawl-in-bexley/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:44 pm

I swear I am sure they're pumping shit into the air and turning people crazy. I think some parents also love the whole drama of it all.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38252
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by magica on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Its a violent world now Eddie. People cant discuss things without losing their tempers or hitting out. Im sure we are all heading for another war. Hate has taken over from love and care now.
magica
magica

Posts : 3041
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Jules on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Good parenting is everything. The rot started with the 'latchkey kids' generation. Some of those 'kids' have now become parents themselves.

_________________
Live Laugh Love
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3264
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Syl on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:06 pm

The punishment doesn't fit the crime...this woman is most probably scarred for life even after undergoing skin grafts and 9 months of hospital treatment, and she wont ever forget the trauma.
The attacker doesn't even get a prison sentence.

No respect, drink, drugs, parents who don't give a toss, absent fathers, no discipline = the element of todays society that act like feral animals.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:14 pm

I do agree that there is a generation of parents wandering the earth dragging their children up by the scruff of their necks, but this is a grown-arse woman doing this!
It makes you wonder what goes through these people's minds, did she decide that she was gonna take a chunk of human flesh before she hit the sack?

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38252
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Syl on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:20 pm

She is a grown woman, but chances are if you are dragged up and never taught respect and kindness the chances of you acting like a bloody savage are higher than if you were brought up properly.

Plus drink (people drink so much more nowadays) and drugs which are easily available, tend to dehumanise some people.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Syl wrote:She is a grown woman, but chances are if you are dragged up and never  taught respect and kindness the chances of you acting like a bloody savage are higher than if you were brought up properly.

Plus drink (people drink so much more nowadays) and drugs which are easily available, tend to dehumanise some people.

Drink can turn some people into absolute arseholes. I hate the type of people who get aggressive.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38252
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:33 pm

eddie wrote:I've read several stories this morning about women attacking women and teens stabbing teens.  This is one such story; an apparently normal night between friends whereby it turns violent with one woman biting another woman.

What is going on in our society? Are we just becoming more and more aggressive?



Woman sentenced for biting a chunk out of young mum's cheek

23/09/2016

A woman who bit a chunk out of the cheek of a young mum has been sentenced.

Liverpool Crown Court heard that Claire McCluskey, 30, assaulted the woman at a house in Garstang Road in Southport in the early hours of Thursday 25 February.

McCluskey had been drinking with the woman and a few other friends at the house and the atmosphere had been friendly for most of the evening.

However, later the victim thought that McCluskey seemed to be drunk and suggested she leave, which McCluskey did.

But she returned shortly after and there was an argument between the two. McCluskey punched her and then bit a chunk of skin, estimated at around two inches by two inches, out of her cheek.

The woman was taken to Southport Hospital were the injury was dressed and she was referred to Whiston Hospital. Two days later a skin graft was done by taking tissues from her upper right arm and grafting this onto the injury.

Doctors estimated her recovery would take around nine months and the injury could leave her with permanent scarring. McCluskey later pleaded guilty to assault.

Geoffrey Fryar, Senior District Crown Prosecutor with Mersey-Cheshire Crown Prosecution Service said: "This was a vicious attack. The women had been enjoying a sociable drink earlier in the evening and its unclear why they started arguing.

"As a result of this assault, McCluskey has now been given a two year jail term, suspended for two years, ordered to pay £1,000 compensation and do 180 hours of unpaid community work.

"Her victim has been badly affected and is permanently scarred, despite the best efforts of surgeons.

"In a Victim Personal Statement, she told the court that she is reminded of the assault everytime she gets up in the morning and looks in the mirror."

http://www.cps.gov.uk/mersey-cheshire/cps_merseyside_cheshire_news/woman_sentenced_for_bitting_chunk_out_of_young_mum_s_cheek/

She must have a big gob.

The sentence was too lenient - it shouldn't have been suspended.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33177
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:12 pm

She probably does have a bog gob and the yep, the sentence was too lenient.
She's the type that probably won't learn from it either.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38252
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Syl on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:13 pm

She might have learned from it if she had ben imprisoned and taken out of society for a few years.

One of the problems nowadays with people who don't follow societies boundaries is there is no discipline to make them do so.

Starting with kids spitting and swearing and showing no respect to teachers or parents, and advancing to acting like uncivilised morons when they get older.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Syl wrote:She might have learned from it if she had ben imprisoned and taken out of society for a few years.

One of the problems nowadays with people who don't follow societies boundaries is there is no discipline to make them do so.

Starting with kids spitting and swearing and showing no respect to teachers or parents, and advancing to acting like uncivilised morons when they get older.

We are back to where we always end up, when discussing idiotic adults: the parents.
It really does all begin at home, this is what governments should be focusing on when they make their many promises to deliver a better society.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38252
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:18 pm

This is nothing to do with children, it's to do with people getting drunk and excusing their behaviour. It's also about the courts being far too lenient.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33177
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Syl on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:She might have learned from it if she had ben imprisoned and taken out of society for a few years.

One of the problems nowadays with people who don't follow societies boundaries is there is no discipline to make them do so.

Starting with kids spitting and swearing and showing no respect to teachers or parents, and advancing to acting like uncivilised morons when they get older.

We are back to where we always end up, when discussing idiotic adults: the parents.
It really does all begin at home, this is what governments should be focusing on when they make their many promises to deliver a better society.

I agree. If you give a child a good, decent, loving base and lead by example....nothing is certain, but the chances are they will grow into good decent loving adults.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Syl on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:This is nothing to do with children, it's to do with people getting drunk and excusing their behaviour. It's also about the courts being far too lenient.

Well anyone can get drunk, but most people don't turn into bloody cannibals.
Unless someone is mentally unbalanced to begin with, the sort of behaviour this woman acted out is inside her....and that doesn't happen overnight.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:26 pm

eddie wrote:I swear I am sure they're pumping shit into the air and turning people crazy.  I think some parents also love the whole drama of it all.

What's going on is the breakdown of society and respect for authority. People behave this way because they can.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9607
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:36 pm

What's the answer? Prison doesn't seem to be a deterrent.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38252
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Victorismyhero on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:10 pm

more than a little due to all this idiocy about "human rights" and "equality"

lets dispose of a few myths shall wee, to see where it all goes wrong

first...you have certain inviolate/enduring/fundamental rights....BULLSHIT

the religiously inclined would claim their right to hold their religious beleifs to be "fundamental and inviolate"...err...nope....half the world says otherwise....

even the right to life and security of person is NOT fundamental...if it was the world in general would not be so bust denying that very right both to its own citizens and those of other nations


see....these so called rights are NOT rights at all. They are merely "concessions" granted to us by other citizens AND THEREFOR can be rescinded also. Clearly the thinking in America is a prime example of this ...given their propensity for state sponsored execution.

Secondly the "myth of equality". See again the woman in this debate (the assailant) would be considered "equal" to all the rest of us...even the best...BUT SHE ISNT......clearly she is EITHER seriously mentally ill, which given the description of her actions is unlikely (since it was apparantly triggered by alcohol..) OR she is some sort of "less than human" I hesitate to use the term becasue of its past associations, but untermench serves a good purpose. certainly this woman is NOT my equal, she is something that in fact I would scrape off my boots in disgust.......And these creatures are increasing in number. Poverty is NOT the cause, poverty does not preclude decency and reasonable behaviour, In point of fact it is known well enough that the most decent people IN GENERAL, PRE 1950-60 were the working class, and in point of fact THE most decent were the RURAL working class....so poverty cannot be the defining issue.

what should be done...


well, if YOU abrogate someones society given rights , it seems to me your own are liable to be reasonably curtailed,

such that if you maliciously injure an innocent person then you should be liable for monumental reparations....if you cant afford them then you should be liable to be enslaved by the offended person, or be sold into slavery by them until such time as your labour etc has paid for that debt. likewise if you steal from someone...

also ..consider this ...

IF this woman (the assailant ) applied to work for somewhere with vulnerable folks she would from now on fail the DBS (disclosure and barring services) check...

SO...if she has kids of her own...should they not be removed from her?????forthwith, clearly she is not a suitable person to have around children
AND following on from that should she not be forcibly sterilised
we do ourselves and any future children NO GOOD SERVICE allowing such dismal creatures to breed. SOME of these blood lines need terminating pronto.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil






_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10419
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

We are back to where we always end up, when discussing idiotic adults: the parents.
It really does all begin at home, this is what governments should be focusing on when they make their many promises to deliver a better society.

I agree. If you give a child a good, decent, loving  base and lead by example....nothing is certain, but the chances are they will grow into good decent loving adults.


Many do... but many others turn out to be right nasty bastard... while many who have grown up in shitty situations turn out to be thoroughly decent people...


However... this woman is completely to blame for her nasty violent behaviour/actions... and should have been sent to prison for the two years... no suspended sentence bullshit for that level of violence and injury inflicted on another person...!


Where is the justice when this twat is free to walk yhe streets as they did before and only had to do a few hours litter picking on a Saturday for a couple dozen days of the year...!?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22477
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Victorismyhero on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:16 pm

and talking of the effect of poverty, whilst somewhat trite it is also a trueism that

"you can take the scroat out of the slum. BUT, you cannot take the slum out of the scroat"

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10419
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by Victorismyhero on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:52 pm

Blimey....was that SO indigestible??????

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10419
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

People just seem to be getting more violent  Empty Re: People just seem to be getting more violent

Post by eddie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Waffle. Razz

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38252
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum