Wherever You Stand, Read This.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Wherever You Stand, Read This.

Post by Original Quill on Wed 21 Sep - 19:56

Major wrote:The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States. He said, 'If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America!! It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'

After you read all he has to say, you have that empty feeling that one gets from hearing all adjectives, and no nouns. Not one substantive point does he raise, except that he doesn't like Hispanics. Language...culture...these are not bad things. Education, insularity...can all be incorporated, with pride and acceptance for our abundance.

Over the course of history, we've heard it all before...about the Irish...about the Italians...about the Puerto Ricans...about the blacks...and now about Mexicans. It's just xenophobia, plain and simple. It's not even proper nativism, for Native America was made up of Cherokees and Navahos, not English.

Lamm is a politician. Lamm is also a Republican. It's a safe bet that his real purpose is some sort of voter suppression. For, the actual fact in America today is that Hispanics are rapidly becoming the majority of the electorate...and they are overwhelmingly not Republican.

Republicans and conservatives are adverse to the whole idea of democracy. They are, after all, elitists and the privileged. They believe that they are entitled to live in the balcony of life, the rest of the riff-raff keep out of the way.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed 21 Sep - 19:59

Lot of that sounds like the agenda being followed...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Wed 21 Sep - 20:18

Major wrote:
I thunk I posted this but cannot find it.

There are several ways to trace your own threads including

- Look at your profile stats to see the list of threads you have done. Or
- Put the title in the search function "How to destroy America"
- Search a key name from the article eg "Lamm"
- Search any unusual words in the article eg Mexifornia

The possibilities are endless --
http://www.newsfixboard.com/t17915-former-colorado-governor-richard-d-lamm-gives-speech-on-how-to-destroy-america

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed 21 Sep - 23:59

Yeah, you did, Major. Time to lay off the drink if you can't hack it Smile

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu 22 Sep - 13:09

Major, I moved the thread to Social Issues section as this section was rather busy at the time with weird and wonderful threads by Blackie. I went with the idea that more people would see it in tha social issues section.

Jules has posted you the NF link, above.

Hope that's cleared it up.

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top