Britain to build 13ft high wall in Calais to block refugees from entering the UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Britain to build 13ft high wall in Calais to block refugees from entering the UK

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:06 pm

The UK is going to build a 13ft wall in Calais to block refugees from crossing the channel, the Government has announced.

"People are still getting through," immigration minister Robert Goodwill told the Home Affairs Select Committee.

"We have done the fence, now we are doing the wall."

The 13ft high barrier will stretch for one kilometre along the dual carriageway approaching the port.

It is designed to stop refugees from climbing into lorries and other vehicles in an attempt to enter the UK.

Mr Goodwill also said: "The security that we are putting in at the port is being stepped up with better equipment.

"We are going to start building this big new wall very soon as part of the £17million package we are doing with the French."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/britain-build-13ft-wall-calais-jungle-block-refugee-migrant-entering-uk-a7229386.html

My first thought? Feel like we've gone back in time Neutral

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Britain to build 13ft high wall in Calais to block refugees from entering the UK

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:20 pm

We don't need a bloody wall... we need French authorities to police the area properly and for them to round up then process/remove the criminals causing the trouble!!!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Britain to build 13ft high wall in Calais to block refugees from entering the UK

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Look at what those diabolical geniuses went and invented!

- Cody Canada & the Departed
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:32 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Yes and all those poor and unfortunate desperate starving.refugees will be able to buy the ladders online with their smartphones and bank cards to be delivered straight to their locations...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Ah suck it up Tommy that was funny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:43 pm

I thought I heard somewhere that ladders were available in brick and mortar stores ... you might be able to even build one!

I hope they build it right next to a bunch of trees.

- Cody Canada & the Departed
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:46 pm

I reckon that ladder is photoshopped. It's causing a shadow leanage.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

We don't need a bloody wall... we need French authorities to police the area properly and for them to round up then process/remove the criminals causing the trouble!!!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:55 pm

You know... ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULES!!!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:19 am

Need at least a 45-foot wall, to defeat a 44-foot ladder.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:43 am

Could make a sock rope. Ben's got loads of socks.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 am

Silly idea, the wall should be much higher. I think the French police could do more but of course they want the immigrants to hike on lorries coming here.

About time the jungle was demolished and the immigrants deported. Thousands are Africans, mostly all men. Also when boats full of immigrants are rescued, they should be sent back to the country they boarded on.

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
magica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:02 am

The wall should be higher???? The shouldn't be a wall!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:06 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Yes and all those poor and unfortunate desperate starving.refugees will be able to buy the ladders online with their smartphones and bank cards to be delivered straight to their locations...

I have an old extension ladder out the back, that I might be willing to give to a worthwhile cause...

Razz

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:58 am

Err...wont they just walk a kilometre up the road where there is no wall?

Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:16 pm

eddie wrote:The wall should be higher???? The shouldn't be a wall!!

Yeah up into the clouds Smile Silly idea, as Syl says they will just walk up where the wall ends. It must be addressed by the government's. Walls, fences are hopeless
magica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:20 pm

magica wrote:Silly idea, the wall should be much higher. I think the French police could do more but of course they want the immigrants to hike on lorries coming  here.

About time the jungle was demolished and the immigrants deported. Thousands are Africans, mostly all men. Also when boats full of immigrants are rescued, they should be sent back to the country they boarded on.

I agree.

Africans should be sent back to the African union and middle easterns sent back to the Arab league to deal with...

Round them up and send them back... and keep doing it until they realise that turning up with a sob story does not get them a nice house and free money for life over here.

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top