First in-ear language translator

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First in-ear language translator

Post by eddie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:36 pm

This is bloody brilliant

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First in-ear language translator

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Very cool. And with the work being done on making computerized voices sound more natural, it might someday not even be that jarring.

So much for three years of Spanish study Smile

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Very cool. And with the work being done on making computerized voices sound more natural, it might someday not even be that jarring.

So much for three years of Spanish study Smile

I did think that!

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:49 pm

PFFFT....I forsee a whole world of hurt comming from this...

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Hurt? Like, earache? scratch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Like, earache?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:53 pm

just how long, once this becomes commonly available, do you think it will take the leftist law mongers to consider it an aggravating condition to a complaint of racial hatred for not understanding them.

"what ...you DIDNT have one of these devices available...well thats disgusting...guilty as charged..." "and I DONT care that they cost £100 each"

not that th price is actually relevaent of course ...even if they were 50p the point is they will become yet another "imposition" and electronic hindrance to HAVE to cart around....

and....personally I HATE...with a passion.... "in ear" devices

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:57 pm

Or!!!!!

Imagine being able to chat to someone fluently whilst you're both speaking alien languages to eachother!
I think it's amazing!!

And pretty darn sexy too.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:03 pm

sheer and unadulterated idleness.... Rolling Eyes

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Lord Foul wrote:just how long, once this becomes commonly available, do you think it will take the leftist law mongers to consider it an aggravating condition to a complaint of racial hatred for not understanding them.

"what ...you DIDNT have one of these devices available...well thats disgusting...guilty as charged..." "and I DONT care that they cost £100 each"

not that th price is actually relevaent of course ...even if they were 50p the point is they will become yet another "imposition" and electronic hindrance to HAVE to cart around....

and....personally I HATE...with a passion.... "in ear" devices

You appear to suffer from a syndrome in which you can't contemplate even a cool new invention without subjecting it to the tortured prism of your conspiracy theory about the left. So how's that working out for you?

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Vic imagine meeting someone who only speaks Mandarin - a notoriously hard language to contemplate learning - and being able to chat to them with ease.

I cannot see anything wrong with that. There's simply no negative side to it!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:12 pm

the left is to blame....end of...

and...I HATE "in ear" devices... HATE EM>>>HATE EM>>HATE EM

got that....I HATE EM...horrid things.....

and...are you saying my thoughts on this are implausible

when you get called a racist for failing to understand your doctor?

wonder if the damn thing will cope with the 10 million or so accents and dialects?

and will it "auto detect"

or will you have to twiddle with it till it gets it right...that will be fun....not....

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:15 pm

You're just complaining about technical difficulties that haven't arisen yet and will be sorted, no doubt, anyway.

What have you got agaisnt earpieces? I love my music played right into my ears...though nothing beats a good loud musical real life pounding.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:18 pm

eddie wrote:You're just complaining about technical difficulties that haven't arisen yet and will be sorted, no doubt, anyway.

What have you got agaisnt earpieces? I love my music played right into my ears...though nothing beats a good loud musical real life pounding.

they constantly need readjusting, make your ear canal sore after a very short while, they are uncomfortable and generally irritate the hell out of me...

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
eddie wrote:You're just complaining about technical difficulties that haven't arisen yet and will be sorted, no doubt, anyway.

they constantly need readjusting, make your ear canal sore after a very short while, they are uncomfortable and generally irritate the hell out of me...

So your ear-holes are weird? Don't blame technology for that. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top