2016 Most states allow religious exemptions from child abuse and neglect laws

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: 2016 Most states allow religious exemptions from child abuse and neglect laws

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Yes, indeed ...the shocking reality of that pendulum swing irony!
On one hand those morality Religious-Bible Thumpers will demand the right to do 'as God will for their own child/family medical needs - Pray Away The Illness' and on the other hand stand forefront and against the PP Clinics that support and help all of those lower income families and children {with all of their agencies beneficial assistance besides the abortion issue} as a 'SATAN' clinic and staffed with demonic minded from hell'. Evil or Very Mad  
Interesting Paradox to what the R-minded in America see as their religious rights and what others Rights are!  No

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Most states allow religious exemptions from child abuse and neglect laws

Post by sassy on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Good grief, that is utterly appalling!

The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:01 pm

sassy wrote:Good grief, that is utterly appalling!
I can't think of any one single medical case that stands out as vividly as the Terry Schiavo medical case has for me and my country! 

Perspective
Terri Schiavo — A Tragedy Compounded
Timothy E. Quill, M.D.
N Engl J Med 2005; 352:1630-1633 April 21, 2005 DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp058062
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp058062
When my nation was facing another developing apocalyptic financial avalanche that would have made '1929 BLACK TUESDAY - Wall Street Crash' look like a cake walk ...2 on going wars - recovery from 9-11 and our entire Congress called for an emergency session to discuss the "Terri Schiavo" case on a SUNDAY, no less! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:52 pm

I remember that!   Wasn't her husband abusive to her and because they were still married he had the final say?   That was truly awful and I so felt for her poor parents.

The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:52 am

What a Face

AS WITH the NRA,  favoured big businesses, and other select special interest groups...

Fundi'/Evangelical groups in the USA have political influence and imagined "rights", that are way out of proportion to their actual proportion of the population..

And, that allow their false "rights" and fantasy claims to all-too-often override both the common good, and the welfare of innocent, and often defenceless, children, disadvantaged, the marginalised; as well as communities, wildlife and the environment.        

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:10 am

Can you believe that Texas -- Texas -- doesn't have any?

Because I frankly cannot ...

I think the federal system needs to be updated. It was created in a time when the pace of change was much slower, and how could anyone have the foresight to factor in an accelerating pace of change?

Perhaps that would mean longer terms for the House of Representatives -- it seems ridiculous that they have to run for re-election every two years, that's making them pretty much always running for re-election and doesn't give them time to learn the job -- along with a more robust means for them being recalled.

Then you have the whole swampy area of states' rights -- what are they? There's a lot of disagreement, obviously. Then, some would say the founders intended that vagueness so that people could renegotiate the rules in order to adapt to changing times.

But I think the biggest problem in the U.S. right now is the conservative media industry headed by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. They are responsible for the phenomena of American neighbors who have completely different concepts of what's going on in the country at any given moment.

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:20 am

Didge wrote:Stop making excuses on the media Ben, this is laws that allow excemptions, which should never be the case.

You have had a Democrat President in power who has a great record domsetically, but this is an utterly failing on his part to resolve

Excuses on the media, where? I professed my genuine astonishment that the gang of religious psychopaths that runs Texas hasn't enacted any of these exceptions laws.

And you really seem to be deeply delusional about what power the president really has. The president can't just start unilaterally changing the rules all willy-nilly, without anybody else's input, like I do here on NewsFix.

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top