How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Major wrote:Assuming twaz impossible to get employment.

Would you sell drugs?

Would you steal?

I would not let my family starve, I would get food somehow.

So, you'd also migrate as a refugee then, to some more affluent country, if your kids were starving?
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8071
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:09 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Major wrote:Assuming twaz impossible to get employment.

Would you sell drugs?

Would you steal?

I would not let my family starve, I would get food somehow.

So, you'd also migrate as a refugee then, to some more affluent country, if your kids were starving?

Took the words right outta my mouth alien

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35782
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:12 pm

Major wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:



So, you'd also migrate as a refugee then, to some more affluent country, if your kids were starving?

Hey folkz, old major haz another storka. she luvz me, she luvz me not. lol! lol! lol! lol!

Where did I say that?

Cat got your tongue, you old bigot? Answer the question. Oh, wait, you can't. Hoist by your own petard.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8071
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by nicko on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:31 pm

I'd nip over the farm and bag a rabbit or two.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10047
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Major wrote:Do you not know you are supposed to discus the topic, NOT the author or call membuz offensive namez?

Now, if you apologize and give your own opinion or comment on the actual topic and not me then I will consider speaking to thee.

Whenever I give my opinion 'first', in most cases someone has a dig at me instead of  discussing topic.

You are norty.

You're a bigot. You know what that means, don't you. You're also homophobic. You are one of the most unsavoury posters here with your sectarian views.

You can 'dodge' my question all you like but you'll never answer it truthfully...because you can't.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8071
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:38 pm

Major wrote:Do you not know you are supposed to discus the topic, NOT the author or call membuz offensive namez?

Now, if you apologize and give your own opinion or comment on the actual topic and not me then I will consider speaking to thee.

Whenever I give my opinion 'first', in most cases someone has a dig at me instead of  discussing topic.

You are norty.

I'm on topic. The question was dealing with the lengths you say you'd go to to feed your children.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8071
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by Lord Foul on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:23 pm

what would I do...

hell I'd steal cheat, lie, sell drugs, women, indulge in any and all kinds of banditry

whatever it took.....

AS WOULD ANY OF YOU.....

which is why, we need a strong balanced and fair economy
AND
a strong social provision , which is tied to "belonging to that economy" i.e NO welfare for "outsiders, beyond the most dire minimum for the absolute minimum of time...

refugees aside (a different problem) any migrant here should understand they have 3 months to get a job..and NO "tax credits etc" for at least 5 years of CONTINUOUS employment. If they lose that job they have 3 months to find another or home ya go (this obviously would not apply to "high value migrants" who have been invited here for their particular skills)

BUT

the strong social provision is a MUST in order to avoid folks having to do just what this post is about.....

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9480
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:47 pm

It's hard to find s job in three months but that's a fair post

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35782
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:14 pm

I think LF you have rather strayed from the point.   You said you would do anything - so would you become a migrant if the economy of this country collapsed and you couldn't feed your family here?   Yes, I know you could shoot rabbits etc, but there might be a lot of people doing that, and what if it let to and internal war?  Would you get your family out to safety whether you had a job to go to or not?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by Lord Foul on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:31 pm

I'd make sure young family was safe (daughter and grandkids)...but I'd stay and fight.....

however...the assumption of internal war isnt part of the equation here...AND I did say refugees are a different matter to "immigrants"

If social conditions got THAT bad ...hell I'd likely be the one LEADING the war.....

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9480
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by Syl on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Major wrote:Assuming twaz impossible to get employment.

Would you sell drugs?

Would you steal?

I would not let my family starve, I would get food somehow.

No drugs.....maybe busk and sing, I don't think I could beg, I would possibly steal if I couldn't find employment anywhere.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16424
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Possibly steal? I'd definitely steal!

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35782
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by Lord Foul on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:18 pm

singing would work for me...in fact i'd likely be rich....folks would pay me to go away and shut up......

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9480
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by Syl on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Lord Foul wrote:singing would work for me...in fact i'd likely be rich....folks would pay me to go away and shut up......

Lol...your sorted then. Laughing

I think I would draw on my card making skills.....hand made cards still sell well, and I have a workroom full of stuff I never used up.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16424
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:06 am

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:singing would work for me...in fact i'd likely be rich....folks would pay me to go away and shut up......

Lol...your sorted then. Laughing

I think I would draw on my card making skills.....hand made cards still sell well, and I have a workroom full of stuff I never used up.

And I've still not seen them!
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8071
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:33 am

the simple answer to the OP is yes.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18516
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:46 am

I'd do whatever I could that wouldn't hurt others too gravely... If I had to steal, it would be from Walmart rather than from neighbors.

This question is how socialism came about, by the way, and if you think about who posted it, that really underscores the fact that socialism has some solid ideas.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by Syl on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:21 pm

If my kids were starving I might...otherwise definitely not.
Unless someone has been in dire straits these questions are hypothetical.
Like the one if you entered a burning building and you could only enter one door to save either your own faithful family pet or a strangers child, which one would you save?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16424
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by nicko on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:47 pm

I'D except the package, but send it by Amazon!!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10047
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How far Would You Go To Feed Your Family?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum