Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:56 am

A debate forum isn't just about spouting off your opnion and waiting someone else to finish typing before you can have your say. It's not about being right or necessarily disproving someone's opinion with endless links of "facts" either.

And links; what use are they when nobody believes what's inside someone else's link?
Seems to me, after reading this forum for a long time, that nobody wants to listen to any other voice but their own and won't even consider changing their minds.

And if your face doesn't  fit forget it! Everything is dependent upon who says it, on this forum. I've seen it time and time again. You don't like a poster? Well they must be taking shit then! You don't like a newspaper? Story must be rubbish then! You don't believe in something? The other poster is deluded then!

I have a high post count but my reading count is higher still. I read a lot of threads and don't post in them. Sometimes it's because I have nothing to add or sometimes it's because I see there's no point: the two debaters are having trouble hearing each other let alone adding a third wheel to the mix.  

All I see every day are posters not listening. Not respecting someone else's opinion.

Know what you never read on here? "Oh ok, you seem to know a bit more about that than me so I'll bow to your knowledge"
Oh wait there is one person that says that: me.

I don't have a burning need to be right because I know that you can't change someone's opinion if they're stuck on repeat, and you can't get anyone else to think differently - perhaps we are all too set in our ways?
I don't have a burning need to be right because not all facts, are  facts forever. Most of them are subject to change and if you think about it, lots of those facts change on a daily, monthly or yearly basis.
I don't have a burning need to be right because in some issues, it's merely a matter of choice as to what we believe.

We need to listen to eachother and respect each other's opnions and stop dismissing people simply due to who they are.

Some people on here have their favourite posters, I understand that, but just because you disagree with a poster in one issue doesn't mean you can't listen to them on another.
And don't get me started in grudges!!

I know I'm not always taken seriously; I'm a silly hippy poster who thinks that the world is made of rainbows....but I really do try to treat everyone fairly and perhaps not everyone gets me......I'm hoping someone will step up and help me out here and say "Hey edds, I hear you"

It's very early and this post is a bit of a waffle.
Feel free to add your opinion. I'm listening X

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:06 am

Everybody says something you agree with sometimes. When that happens with someone I usually don't agree with, I try to make a point to say so. To me, that seems a good way to keep my relationship with them from becoming irrevocably toxic.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:10 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Everybody says something you agree with sometimes. When that happens with someone I usually don't agree with, I try to make a point to say so. To me, that seems a good way to keep my relationship with them from becoming irrevocably toxic.

Yes you do. And so do I.

I understand people get wound up by others but I think to keep blatently disregarding someone else due to their beliefs is just plain ignorant.

You have avoided a lot of the other points so perhaps I have simply just waffled a pile of poo.

I'm still hoping someone will catch my drift. I've floated  it out there.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:18 am

Idea

"You were given two ears (or eyes, when reading..) and one mouth for a reason."

Too true..
You learn a lot more through listening, and observing, than you ever will through talking (or writing..).


And, as for baseless and uninformed 'opinions' :

"Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one.."
Not all opinions are created equal, and unverified opinions aren't equivalent to facts !          sunny

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:29 am

Yep, and then that begs the question: what do you call an unverified opinion?
Most people seek their "facts" from a source of their choosing then make their opinion.

It all comes down again, to what facts people decided to believe in.
Two opposing articles can give "facts".

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:50 am



_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by nicko on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:32 am

I read all posts, but rarely post on them, unless some wankers criticising my country unfairly, [you know who you are].
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9321
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:33 am

eddie wrote:A debate forum isn't just about spouting off your opnion and waiting someone else to finish typing before you can have your say. It's not about being right or necessarily disproving someone's opinion with endless links of "facts" either.

And links; what use are they when nobody believes what's inside someone else's link?
Seems to me, after reading this forum for a long time, that nobody wants to listen to any other voice but their own and won't even consider changing their minds.

And if your face doesn't  fit forget it! Everything is dependent upon who says it, on this forum. I've seen it time and time again. You don't like a poster? Well they must be taking shit then! You don't like a newspaper? Story must be rubbish then! You don't believe in something? The other poster is deluded then!

I have a high post count but my reading count is higher still. I read a lot of threads and don't post in them. Sometimes it's because I have nothing to add or sometimes it's because I see there's no point: the two debaters are having trouble hearing each other let alone adding a third wheel to the mix.  

All I see every day are posters not listening. Not respecting someone else's opinion.

Know what you never read on here? "Oh ok, you seem to know a bit more about that than me so I'll bow to your knowledge"
Oh wait there is one person that says that: me.

I don't have a burning need to be right because I know that you can't change someone's opinion if they're stuck on repeat, and you can't get anyone else to think differently - perhaps we are all too set in our ways?
I don't have a burning need to be right because not all facts, are  facts forever. Most of them are subject to change and if you think about it, lots of those facts change on a daily, monthly or yearly basis.
I don't have a burning need to be right because in some issues, it's merely a matter of choice as to what we believe.

We need to listen to eachother and respect each other's opnions and stop dismissing people simply due to who they are.

Some people on here have their favourite posters, I understand that, but just because you disagree with a poster in one issue doesn't mean you can't listen to them on another.
And don't get me started in grudges!!

I know I'm not always taken seriously; I'm a silly hippy poster who thinks that the world is made of rainbows....but I really do try to treat everyone fairly and perhaps not everyone gets me......I'm hoping someone will step up and help me out here and say "Hey edds, I hear you"

It's very early and this post is a bit of a waffle.
Feel free to add your opinion. I'm listening X

Grudges. A word that describes what goes on here a lot.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7881
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:41 am

eddie wrote:Yep, and then that begs the question: what do you call an unverified opinion?
Most people seek their "facts" from a source of their choosing then make their opinion.

It all comes down again, to what facts people decided to believe in.
Two opposing articles can give "facts".

Laughing

ACTUALLY, it's the other way 'round, eddie...

WHEN an opinion is found to be based on factual observations, experience, reasoned arguments and deductions, a solid knowledge base and an understanding of the material, then it might eventually be verified as such, and with undeniable consistency and repeated observations it can be accepted as the "truth".

E.g.  Water is wet;  
ice is cold;  
people bleed when cut..

HOWEVER, when a ridiculous and obviously clueless opinion is given on a subject that the claimant is either ignorant about, or else they know better and for some reason want to hide or deflect from the truth, then such an opinion is easily considered to be fallacious, silly, mischievious, or even criminal.

E.g.  Someone claiming that climate change is a hoax, a lie, or doesn't exist;
Someone claiming that only men rape, and that most rapes are carried out by one ethnic group;
Someone claiming that Maggie Thatcher was Britain's greatest PM, and rescued it's economy;
Someone claiming that religious faith and mega-doses of vit. C cures cancer...            Arrow

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:47 am

avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7881
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:08 pm

eddie wrote:

Aint that the truth with some on here!

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2855
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:33 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:Yep, and then that begs the question: what do you call an unverified opinion?
Most people seek their "facts" from a source of their choosing then make their opinion.

It all comes down again, to what facts people decided to believe in.
Two opposing articles can give "facts".

Laughing

ACTUALLY, it's the other way 'round, eddie...

WHEN an opinion is found to be based on factual observations, experience, reasoned arguments and deductions, a solid knowledge base and an understanding of the material, then it might eventually be verified as such, and with undeniable consistency and repeated observations it can be accepted as the "truth".

E.g.  Water is wet;  
ice is cold;  
people bleed when cut..

HOWEVER, when a ridiculous and obviously clueless opinion is given on a subject that the claimant is either ignorant about, or else they know better and for some reason want to hide or deflect from the truth, then such an opinion is easily considered to be fallacious, silly, mischievious, or even criminal.

E.g.  Someone claiming that climate change is a hoax, a lie, or doesn't exist;
Someone claiming that only men rape, and that most rapes are carried out by one ethnic group;
Someone claiming that Maggie Thatcher was Britain's greatest PM, and rescued it's economy;
Someone claiming that religious faith and mega-doses of vit. C cures cancer...            Arrow


Yeah all your "eg"s are OPINIONS wolfie....that's where YOU are going wrong.


_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Major wrote:
eddie wrote:A debate forum isn't just about spouting off your opnion and waiting someone else to finish typing before you can have your say. It's not about being right or necessarily disproving someone's opinion with endless links of "facts" either.

And links; what use are they when nobody believes what's inside someone else's link?
Seems to me, after reading this forum for a long time, that nobody wants to listen to any other voice but their own and won't even consider changing their minds.

And if your face doesn't  fit forget it! Everything is dependent upon who says it, on this forum. I've seen it time and time again. You don't like a poster? Well they must be taking shit then! You don't like a newspaper? Story must be rubbish then! You don't believe in something? The other poster is deluded then!

I have a high post count but my reading count is higher still. I read a lot of threads and don't post in them. Sometimes it's because I have nothing to add or sometimes it's because I see there's no point: the two debaters are having trouble hearing each other let alone adding a third wheel to the mix.  

All I see every day are posters not listening. Not respecting someone else's opinion.

Know what you never read on here? "Oh ok, you seem to know a bit more about that than me so I'll bow to your knowledge"
Oh wait there is one person that says that: me.

I don't have a burning need to be right because I know that you can't change someone's opinion if they're stuck on repeat, and you can't get anyone else to think differently - perhaps we are all too set in our ways?
I don't have a burning need to be right because not all facts, are  facts forever. Most of them are subject to change and if you think about it, lots of those facts change on a daily, monthly or yearly basis.
I don't have a burning need to be right because in some issues, it's merely a matter of choice as to what we believe.

We need to listen to eachother and respect each other's opnions and stop dismissing people simply due to who they are.

Some people on here have their favourite posters, I understand that, but just because you disagree with a poster in one issue doesn't mean you can't listen to them on another.
And don't get me started in grudges!!

I know I'm not always taken seriously; I'm a silly hippy poster who thinks that the world is made of rainbows....but I really do try to treat everyone fairly and perhaps not everyone gets me......I'm hoping someone will step up and help me out here and say "Hey edds, I hear you"

It's very early and this post is a bit of a waffle.
Feel free to add your opinion. I'm listening X

Horse shit, eddie. lol! lol! lol!

Nah, jive assing.

Good post but the longer in the "tooth" we become the deeper we individually become entrenched in our beliefs so changing is less likely.

Most crap scribed, spouted about me are made up generalisations, assumptions by those I disagree with.
NO ONE KNOWS THE REAL ME AS NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THEE OR ANYONE ELSE.

There is such a thing as a forum persona.

Anyway, good post.
 


Good post from you too. That's true about the older we get.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Eilzel on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:53 am

Water being wet is an opinion, Eds?

Some facts don't change, that is one of them lol

Climate change is also a fact, observable on a regular basis.

Some facts are facts forever.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6163
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:04 am

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Laughing

ACTUALLY, it's the other way 'round, eddie...

WHEN an opinion is found to be based on factual observations, experience, reasoned arguments and deductions, a solid knowledge base and an understanding of the material, then it might eventually be verified as such, and with undeniable consistency and repeated observations it can be accepted as the "truth".

E.g.  Water is wet;  
ice is cold;  
people bleed when cut..

HOWEVER, when a ridiculous and obviously clueless opinion is given on a subject that the claimant is either ignorant about, or else they know better and for some reason want to hide or deflect from the truth, then such an opinion is easily considered to be fallacious, silly, mischievious, or even criminal.

E.g.  Someone claiming that climate change is a hoax, a lie, or doesn't exist;
Someone claiming that only men rape, and that most rapes are carried out by one ethnic group;
Someone claiming that Maggie Thatcher was Britain's greatest PM, and rescued it's economy;
Someone claiming that religious faith and mega-doses of vit. C cures cancer...            Arrow


Yeah all your "eg"s are OPINIONS wolfie....that's where YOU are going wrong.

pirat

I'M not wrong here, eddie...

(I'M the science trained one here at the moment, obviously not you..).

NOT my fault if you don't comprehend the difference between facts, fallacies, and opinions..
Facts are still facts, however you try to spin it.

tongue

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:48 am

Eilzel wrote:Water being wet is an opinion, Eds?

Some facts don't change, that is one of them lol

Climate change is also a fact, observable on a regular basis.

Some facts are facts forever.


I meant the bottom ones - the world "bottom" was left out of my post Les, obviously.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:50 am

Well there's nothing "scientific" about Maggie Thatcher and whether she was a good or bad pm and that's still an opinion ffs.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:31 am

eddie wrote:A debate forum isn't just about spouting off your opnion and waiting someone else to finish typing before you can have your say. It's not about being right or necessarily disproving someone's opinion with endless links of "facts" either.

And links; what use are they when nobody believes what's inside someone else's link?
Seems to me, after reading this forum for a long time, that nobody wants to listen to any other voice but their own and won't even consider changing their minds.

And if your face doesn't  fit forget it! Everything is dependent upon who says it, on this forum. I've seen it time and time again. You don't like a poster? Well they must be taking shit then! You don't like a newspaper? Story must be rubbish then! You don't believe in something? The other poster is deluded then!

I have a high post count but my reading count is higher still. I read a lot of threads and don't post in them. Sometimes it's because I have nothing to add or sometimes it's because I see there's no point: the two debaters are having trouble hearing each other let alone adding a third wheel to the mix.  

All I see every day are posters not listening. Not respecting someone else's opinion.

Know what you never read on here? "Oh ok, you seem to know a bit more about that than me so I'll bow to your knowledge"
Oh wait there is one person that says that: me.

I don't have a burning need to be right because I know that you can't change someone's opinion if they're stuck on repeat, and you can't get anyone else to think differently - perhaps we are all too set in our ways?
I don't have a burning need to be right because not all facts, are  facts forever. Most of them are subject to change and if you think about it, lots of those facts change on a daily, monthly or yearly basis.
I don't have a burning need to be right because in some issues, it's merely a matter of choice as to what we believe.

We need to listen to eachother and respect each other's opnions and stop dismissing people simply due to who they are.

Some people on here have their favourite posters, I understand that, but just because you disagree with a poster in one issue doesn't mean you can't listen to them on another.
And don't get me started in grudges!!

I know I'm not always taken seriously; I'm a silly hippy poster who thinks that the world is made of rainbows....but I really do try to treat everyone fairly and perhaps not everyone gets me......I'm hoping someone will step up and help me out here and say "Hey edds, I hear you"

It's very early and this post is a bit of a waffle.
Feel free to add your opinion. I'm listening X

You're such an idealist eddie. Laughing

Do you really think you're going to change the way people are on here by pointing all that out? You won't.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30383
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:37 am

Morning rags,

No I won't. I'm not trying to change anyone rags, I wouldn't want to, but it'd be nice to have hope that people will start listening to eachother.

It's the pre-judging of others that bugs me; "Oh he's a racist IMO so I won't even bother to take his posts about climate change seriously"

That's the kind of attitude that simply kills debate.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:40 am

eddie wrote:Morning rags,

No I won't. I'm not trying to change anyone rags, I wouldn't want to, but it'd be nice to have hope that people will start listening to eachother.

It's the pre-judging of others that bugs me; "Oh he's a racist IMO so I won't even bother to take his posts about climate change seriously"

That's the kind of attitude that simply kills debate.

You won't change that either. Some people on here think my views count for nothing because of my religious faith. In fact, I'm interested in science, particularly medical science, and I'm actually quite logical. I find some people on here illogical actually - generally the ones who claim to be interested in "facts" and who hold themselves up as experts on particular subjects.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30383
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:57 am

Well I'm not sure anyone takes me seriously about anything Razz  I assume it's cos they think I'm thick or a loon.

It will take a brave man to step forward and say "Yo edds. I hear ya bitch" Cool

Btw rags for what it's worth? I listen to you Wink

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 am

eddie wrote:Well I'm not sure anyone takes me seriously about anything Razz  I assume it's cos they think I'm thick or a loon.

It will take a brave man to step forward and say "Yo edds. I hear ya bitch" Cool

Btw rags for what it's worth? I listen to you Wink

Thank you eddie. I do take you seriously actually. As you know, I quite like conspiracy theories - mainly because I can usually contradict them Laughing , but I find them interesting, and I do have an open mind about that kind of thing.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30383
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:40 am

eddie wrote:
Well there's nothing "scientific" about Maggie Thatcher and whether she was  a good or bad pm and that's still an opinion ffs.

What a Face

WELL...
Actually..  Good ol' Maggie was a scientist, by qualification !

She studied Cemistry, and nuclear physics too, at university..                  Razz

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Eilzel on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:41 am

Climate change is not an opinion either, Eds Wink

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6163
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:06 am

The climate has always changed...


And we are now back to normal temperatures as seen before the recent cold period known as 'the mini ice age'.



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Eilzel wrote:Climate change is not an opinion either, Eds Wink

Not according to some scientists
Or Tommy lol

@rags thank you. At least someone does!

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Eilzel on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:21 pm

According to the vast majority of scientists. And tommy believes many funny things Wink

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6163
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:37 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Climate change is not an opinion either, Eds Wink

Not according to some scientists
Or Tommy lol

@rags thank you. At least someone does!

Rolling Eyes

Name those "some scientists", eddie...

And the mining and oil companies they work for..

sunny

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:
According to the vast majority of scientists. And tommy believes many funny things Wink


cheers

TOO true...

Tommy is the classic example of somebody who "..knows everything about nothing, and nothing about everything.."

AND, in this case, he definitely knows less than nothing about science and technology.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:47 pm

"...The Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun’s activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

Habibullo Abdussamatov, the head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, recently linked the attenuation of ice caps on Mars to fluctuations in the sun's output. Abdussamatov also blamed solar fluctuations for Earth’s current global warming trend. His initial comments were published online by National Geographic News.

“Man-made greenhouse warming has [made a] small contribution [to] the warming on Earth in recent years, but [it] cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance,” Abdussamatov told LiveScience in an email interview last week. “The considerable heating and cooling on the Earth and on Mars always will be practically parallel."..."



http://www.livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:"...The Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun’s activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

Habibullo Abdussamatov, the head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, recently linked the attenuation of ice caps on Mars to fluctuations in the sun's output. Abdussamatov also blamed solar fluctuations for Earth’s current global warming trend. His initial comments were published online by National Geographic News.

“Man-made greenhouse warming has [made a] small contribution [to] the warming on Earth in recent years, but [it] cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance,” Abdussamatov told LiveScience in an email interview last week. “The considerable heating and cooling on the Earth and on Mars always will be practically parallel."..."



http://www.livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html

You deleted this part:

Others argue that such claims are misleading and create the false impression that rapid global warming, as Earth is experiencing, is a natural phenomenon.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:59 pm



I didn't delete any part... I just posted the relevant bits...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Cool

LIKE I said earlier -- even when Tommy tries to quote from populist blog sites, he still mistepresents by selective cherry-picking..

AND even then, he still obviously doesn't actually understand anything that he posts on matters scientific !

sunny

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I didn't delete any part... I just posted the relevant bits...

So other scientists saying this guy is wrong are irrelevant? Why, because you don't agree?

Guess in your case the OP hits the nail on the head.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:12 pm

It's not just one scientist saying the same as this head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia is saying...


And what I posted is relevant to the thread and to dog shit breaths earlier claim that it is only a few scientists disputing the man made climate change theory and they all work for oil companies...


I have shown his bullshit claim to be bullshit!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:15 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:"...The Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun’s activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

Habibullo Abdussamatov, the head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, recently linked the attenuation of ice caps on Mars to fluctuations in the sun's output. Abdussamatov also blamed solar fluctuations for Earth’s current global warming trend. His initial comments were published online by National Geographic News.

“Man-made greenhouse warming has [made a] small contribution [to] the warming on Earth in recent years, but [it] cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance,” Abdussamatov told LiveScience in an email interview last week. “The considerable heating and cooling on the Earth and on Mars always will be practically parallel."..."
http://www.livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html

You deleted this part:

Others argue that such claims are misleading and create the false impression that rapid global warming, as Earth is experiencing, is a natural phenomenon.
See, in his mind that's not a fabrication/lie/deliberately fakery ...it's just what our Tommykins is and has perfected since ...well way back when I first caught him selectively posting his weak arsed biased 'homophobic' sections that he assumed bolstered his POV on that "Judge and his heinous remarks about gays adopting"! 
He was    3 times by my reading his requested links and twice {that I recall} by LF ...so no one here has been BEATEN the Supreme Member for trying to slide/selectively C & P/pull the wool over our eyes by fakery then Tommykins and yet he has taken to haranguing the entire community with his obnoxious/immature whining regarding photo's that have zero issue to the POV that he trying to make because IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD/GENRE OR THE TOPIC AT HAND!
 
So the worst offending 'FAKER' is now been allowed to become the community derailing squawker about 'Faked Photos' because he's got pats on the back & his immature ego about his requesting info that has NO BEARING ON THE REASON THE TOPIC IS BEING DISCUSSED. 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:24 pm

I posted the claim, the info about the scientist who made the claim and the direct quote of his claim... plus I posted the link.


I never deleted anything... the whole article is available for anyone to read...


What part of this is 'fabrication/lie/deliberate fakery'...!!!???



lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's not just one scientist saying the same as this head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia is saying...


And what I posted is relevant to the thread and to dog shit breaths earlier claim that it is only a few scientists disputing the man made climate change theory and they all work for oil companies...


I have shown his bullshit claim to be bullshit!



No, you really haven't. Over 97 percent of climate scientists assert that the evidence supports anthropogenic climate change.

Also, your article is nine years old.

Also, the same Russian scientist said the Earth would enter an Ice Age in 2014, so... http://iceagenow.info/ice-age-2014

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:30 pm




Dog shit breath claimed that all scientists who don't agree with man made climate change theory are working for oil companies.


I just proved him wrong.



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:


Dog shit breath claimed that all scientists who don't agree with man made climate change theory are working for oil companies.


I just proved him wrong.



He didn’t say they "all" do. But he's right, most of them do.

Hey, did we ever hear a peep from you on Exxon's own scientists saying global warming is man-made as early as the 70s? I don't seem to recall you saying anything, you didn't even post a very selectively edited nine year old article about a scientist who made a huge and utterly incorrect prediction, if I remember correctly.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Back to the OP. If I disagree with someone consistently, that doesn't mean I'm not listening.

But I have just as much of a right to my opinion as they do to theirs, and the same right to expression that they have.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Dog shit breath claimed that all scientists who don't agree with man made climate change theory are working for oil companies.

I just proved him wrong.
 Shocked  Be careful there, you'll ruin/tarnish your shiny brass image before your adoring flock; they seem to think you never call any member names: Sasquatch - Dog Shit Breath - 4evertwat - Specsaver - even when we're not involved in your mental melt downs! 

Don't go blowing your sainted image for them, the rest of us are quite aware of your vile methods! 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:54 pm


Posted relevant bits... not selectively edited.


And huge inaccurate prediction...?


What like this...?


https://www.sott.net/article/284858-Al-Gore-predicted-Arctic-would-be-ice-free-Ice-cap-now-covers-1-7million-square-kilometres-more-than-2-years-ago



lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:57 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Dog shit breath claimed that all scientists who don't agree with man made climate change theory are working for oil companies.

I just proved him wrong.
 Shocked  Be careful there, you'll ruin/tarnish your shiny brass image before your adoring flock; they seem to think you never call any member names: Sasquatch - Dog Shit Breath - 4evertwat - Specsaver - even when we're not involved in your mental melt downs! 

Don't go blowing your sainted image for them, the rest of us are quite aware of your vile methods! 



Listen... after all the constant abuse I get thrown at me by yourself and the troll fleakeeper, and with absolutely no action taken whatsoever by the admin on here... I think my little play on names every now and then is a very minor thing.

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Al Gore isn’t a scientist, Tommy.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:14 pm

The Wall Street Journal reported, “The assertion that 97% of scientists believe that climate change is a man-made, urgent problem is a fiction.”

When further review was done, it was discovered that a mere 1% of scientists believe human activity is causing most of the climate change...



http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20047
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Roy Spencer, seriously?!

http://www.desmogblog.com/roy-spencer

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody listen to anyone else?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum