Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Didge on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:12 pm

People who choose to put on this uniform know their life may be at risk on any given day. A wife of a Dallas police officer penned this special letter that she wants the world to read...


"Every morning I walk into our closet and see these, my husband's police uniforms. Not many have these hanging next to their jeans and dress shirts. He didn't choose to wear these for the fame and fortune. He drives his old, hail-dented, hubcap-less, duct-taped, Mitsubishi to the police station every day so I can drive "his" newer truck. He hates coffee and writing tickets. He avoids donuts and cussing. There is no typical day at work. His office is his police car, his computer, inside it. Some days he comforts victims of sexual assault or rape. Some days he gets in high-speed chases to catch a guy who shot and killed a 9-month pregnant girl in the stomach. Some days he convinces suicidal persons to keep on living. Some days he enters the stench of trash-filled, bug-infested, drug dealer apartments to see 5 kids under the age of 6 running around. Some days he gets fire ant bites from diving into flash flood waters to save a family of 4 submerged in their vehicle. Some days he jumps fences in foot chases. Some days he responds to domestic disputes never sure if he might meet a gun to his face at the door. And some days he rides his police bike and enjoys the random acts of kindness shone to him and his police friends. He loves the kind words and paid-for lunches by random strangers in restaurants. He always tells me about them. He has a daughter who adores him and 2 sons who are so proud of him. He's called Poppa and Pa Jason by his 2 grandchildren. He loves his giant dog Nala. Sometimes I get mad at his clothes draped over the tub and his tote bag lying on the bathroom floor with his police gun inside. Long ago, when he worked deep nights, I would be awakened to the loud sound of Velcro being detached as he removed his bulletproof vest and I'd be annoyed. Today, I'm praying for those families not much unlike mine who wish they could hear that Velcro sound again."



Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1595/Wife-Of-A-Dallas-Police-Officer-Wrote-This-Letter-That-Everyone-Should-Read#zwKM7Q8bLO8clv02.99

_________________
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson,
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 pm

How sad. We must be careful not to tar all US police with the same brush.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32228
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:31 pm

eddie wrote:How sad. We must be careful not to tar all US police with the same brush.

Why would "we" do that? You might have, but I haven't.

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:How sad. We must be careful not to tar all US police with the same brush.

Why would "we" do that? You might have, but I haven't.

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.

The collective "we". As in, society. Like I need to explain it.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32228
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why would "we" do that? You might have, but I haven't.

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.

The collective "we". As in, society. Like I need to explain it.

You didn't want anyone speaking for you in another thread, so "we" don't need you to speak for "us".

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Ok. Next time I'm speaking about society in general, you may assume I am certainly not referring to you.

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32228
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:49 pm

eddie wrote:Ok. Next time I'm speaking about society in general, you may assume I am certainly not referring to you.

Or anyone else really. I doubt many people think that all police officers are out to kill black people.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:How sad. We must be careful not to tar all US police with the same brush.

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.

Good point. They could get shot. Wink

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.

Good point.  They could get shot. Wink

You think that white people sometimes get shot by the police?

Thank goodness you have some insight at last.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good point.  They could get shot. Wink

You think that white people sometimes get shot by the police?

Thank goodness you have some insight at last.

So true. I have to say that whenever these things happen, and the air clears, I reflect that behind the cop that kills a black man is a fundamentally disturbed mind. Then, superimposed on top, his values are Black = Bad and White = Good.

The substantial point is he is a fundamentally disturbed mind. His superimposed values could change in a heartbeat. The best way to avoid trouble is to avoid the people or places that are trouble. Calling the cops is always a risk.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You think that white people sometimes get shot by the police?

Thank goodness you have some insight at last.

So true.  I have to say that whenever these things happen, and the air clears, I reflect that behind the cop that kills a black man is a fundamentally disturbed mind.  Then, superimposed on top, his values are Black = Bad and White = Good.

The substantial point is he is a fundamentally disturbed mind.  His superimposed values could change in a heartbeat.  The best way to avoid trouble is to avoid the people or places that are trouble.  Calling the cops is always a risk.

That makes no sense. Sometimes the police shoot because the person they're confronting is a threat. Just because someone is black, that doesn't mean they're not a threat. There have been some cases where it's alleged that the black person was not a threat, but that doesn't mean it applies in every case. There have also been some cases where a white person got shot by the police when they were not considered a threat, right?

It's absurd to say that any cop who shoots a black guy has a disturbed mind, and that any cop who shoots a white guy is justified in doing so.

What if you can't avoid trouble? What if someone is breaking into your house? What if they're threatening you whilst you're out shopping? You think that people should just never call the police?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:That makes no sense. Sometimes the police shoot because the person they're confronting is a threat. Just because someone is black, that doesn't mean they're not a threat.

You are avoiding the issue.  Confronting a threat is not the circumstance we are discussing, is it?  The videos show it. We are talking about these police murders of black people.  Just because someone is black doesn’t mean they are a threat either.

If you want to talk about police murders of white people, start another thread.  Otherwise, it is tantamount to an admission by you that your purpose here is to blur the issue and detract from the discussion of these police murders of blacks.

Raggamuffin wrote:There have been some cases where it's alleged that the black person was not a threat, but that doesn't mean it applies in every case. There have also been some cases where a white person got shot by the police when they were not considered a threat, right?

Let’s stop circumventing, shall we?  Let’s focus on the specific problem, and not go off fishing for irrelevancies.  White cops are murdering black people.  That is the narrow boundary of our issue.  Start another thread if you want to talk about a different issue.

We have videos of incidents where (1) the black victim did nothing wrong; and (2) the white police officer murdered him.  We are not talking about justified shootings; nor are we talking about white victims.  Start another thread if you want to talk about those things.

Raggamuffin wrote:It's absurd to say that any cop who shoots a black guy has a disturbed mind, and that any cop who shoots a white guy is justified in doing so.

But a cop who shoots a black guy with no justification has a disturbed mind…and that’s what we are talking about.  Again, start another thread if you want to talk about justified shootings.  Here, the allegation is of wrongdoing…and the wrongdoing is the shooting someone without justification.  That takes a disturbed mind.

Raggamuffin wrote:What if you can't avoid trouble? What if someone is breaking into your house? What if they're threatening you whilst you're out shopping? You think that people should just never call the police?

Those are not situations that are analogous to a cop who shoots a black with no justification.  Again, start another thread if you want to change the subject.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Post splitting means you've lost the argument Quill. No doubt your post is nonsense anyway.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:That makes no sense. Sometimes the police shoot because the person they're confronting is a threat. Just because someone is black, that doesn't mean they're not a threat.

You are avoiding the issue.  Confronting a threat is not the circumstance we are discussing, is it?  The videos show it.  We are talking about these police murders of black people.  Just because someone is black doesn’t mean they are a threat either.

If you want to talk about police murders of white people, start another thread.  Otherwise, it is tantamount to an admission by you that your purpose here is to blur the issue and detract from the discussion of these police murders of blacks.

Raggamuffin wrote:There have been some cases where it's alleged that the black person was not a threat, but that doesn't mean it applies in every case. There have also been some cases where a white person got shot by the police when they were not considered a threat, right?

Let’s stop circumventing, shall we?  Let’s focus on the specific problem, and not go off fishing for irrelevancies.  White cops are murdering black people.  That is the narrow boundary of our issue.  Start another thread if you want to talk about a different issue.

We have videos of incidents where (1) the black victim did nothing wrong; and (2) the white police officer murdered him.  We are not talking about justified shootings; nor are we talking about white victims.  Start another thread if you want to talk about those things.

Raggamuffin wrote:It's absurd to say that any cop who shoots a black guy has a disturbed mind, and that any cop who shoots a white guy is justified in doing so.

But a cop who shoots a black guy with no justification has a disturbed mind…and that’s what we are talking about.  Again, start another thread if you want to talk about justified shootings.  Here, the allegation is of wrongdoing…and the wrongdoing is the shooting someone without justification.  That takes a disturbed mind.

Raggamuffin wrote:What if you can't avoid trouble? What if someone is breaking into your house? What if they're threatening you whilst you're out shopping? You think that people should just never call the police?

Those are not situations that are analogous to a cop who shoots a black with no justification.  Again, start another thread if you want to change the subject.

This thread is actually about the murder of white police officers, so you're out of line there.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Post splitting means you've lost the argument Quill. No doubt your post is nonsense anyway.

To the contrary, it means you have lost the argument. I'm not the one who is forcing the post splitting...you are. The fact that you have to change the subject--thus forcing a post split--is tacit admission that you no longer have any retort. In turn, that means you are out of answers, and have been bested.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You are avoiding the issue.  Confronting a threat is not the circumstance we are discussing, is it?  The videos show it.  We are talking about these police murders of black people.  Just because someone is black doesn’t mean they are a threat either.

If you want to talk about police murders of white people, start another thread.  Otherwise, it is tantamount to an admission by you that your purpose here is to blur the issue and detract from the discussion of these police murders of blacks.



Let’s stop circumventing, shall we?  Let’s focus on the specific problem, and not go off fishing for irrelevancies.  White cops are murdering black people.  That is the narrow boundary of our issue.  Start another thread if you want to talk about a different issue.

We have videos of incidents where (1) the black victim did nothing wrong; and (2) the white police officer murdered him.  We are not talking about justified shootings; nor are we talking about white victims.  Start another thread if you want to talk about those things.



But a cop who shoots a black guy with no justification has a disturbed mind…and that’s what we are talking about.  Again, start another thread if you want to talk about justified shootings.  Here, the allegation is of wrongdoing…and the wrongdoing is the shooting someone without justification.  That takes a disturbed mind.



Those are not situations that are analogous to a cop who shoots a black with no justification.  Again, start another thread if you want to change the subject.

This thread is actually about the murder of white police officers, so you're out of line there.

But you changed the subject.  You said...

Raggamuffin wrote:You think that white people sometimes get shot by the police?

Why do you think I mention it?  You brought up the matter of police officers who kill.


Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Post splitting means you've lost the argument Quill. No doubt your post is nonsense anyway.

To the contrary, it means you have lost the argument.  I'm not the one who is forcing the post splitting...you are.  The fact that you have to change the subject--thus forcing a post split--is tacit admission that you no longer have any retort.  In turn, that means you are out of answers, and have been bested.

You don't even know what this thread is about Quill. You changed the subject completely - read the OP again.

I don't make you split posts, you do it yourself. I'm not wasting time sorting your posts out in order to reply. Sort it yourself.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

This thread is actually about the murder of white police officers, so you're out of line there.

But you changed the subject.  Why do you think I mention it?  You brought up the matter of police officers who kill blacks.

You had the arrogance to tell me to start another thread when you were not even talking about the OP. Sort yourself out.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

To the contrary, it means you have lost the argument.  I'm not the one who is forcing the post splitting...you are.  The fact that you have to change the subject--thus forcing a post split--is tacit admission that you no longer have any retort.  In turn, that means you are out of answers, and have been bested.

You don't even know what this thread is about Quill. You changed the subject completely - read the OP again.

I don't make you split posts, you do it yourself. I'm not wasting time sorting your posts out in order to reply. Sort it yourself.

You changed the subject...

Raggamuffin wrote:You think that white people sometimes get shot by the police?

See? I merely picked up on your posts.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

But you changed the subject.  Why do you think I mention it?  You brought up the matter of police officers who kill blacks.

You had the arrogance to tell me to start another thread when you were not even talking about the OP. Sort yourself out.

You changed the subject from the OP.

Raggamuffin wrote:You think that white people sometimes get shot by the police?

It doesn't do any good to evade. There are your words.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You had the arrogance to tell me to start another thread when you were not even talking about the OP. Sort yourself out.

You changed the subject from the OP.

Raggamuffin wrote:You think that white people sometimes get shot by the police?

It doesn't do any good to evade.  There are your words.

So why did you then change the subject to being one about black people being shot by the police?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You changed the subject from the OP.



It doesn't do any good to evade.  There are your words.

So why did you then change the subject to being one about black people being shot by the police?

It was in response to your assertion that white people get disproportionately targeted by the police.  I disagreed, and took exception to that...and countered with how black people get shot in greater proportion.  So it was you that deviated from the wife of the policeman story.

You have a short memory.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Didge on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You think that white people sometimes get shot by the police?

Thank goodness you have some insight at last.

So true.  I have to say that whenever these things happen, and the air clears, I reflect that behind the cop that kills a black man is a fundamentally disturbed mind.  Then, superimposed on top, his values are Black = Bad and White = Good.

The substantial point is he is a fundamentally disturbed mind.  His superimposed values could change in a heartbeat.  The best way to avoid trouble is to avoid the people or places that are trouble.  Calling the cops is always a risk.

This is a fine example to prove my point that automatically where and only a black person is shot by the Police, outlandish assumptions form. It is always possible it has been down to racism, but to presume that every time this happens as you are doing is based on how a reputation continues to form a poor sterotype and prejudice. Which we see sadly happens to the Poilice, blacks with crime and Muslims with terrorism.
It does not even formulate that the black person shot, has been shot out of the simple reailty that some officers when facing a situation lose control to fear and sadly that person loses their life. It is such a dangerous claim to make that this only happens with blacks shot, which then leads to a further increase in the divide between the US people. What nobody ever asks is if or whether there is any history with each office involved of any racism. The reality of the problem is the gun laws itself, which makes facing an crime situation have the risks increase of an armed situatioin possible occur. If the risks go up, then the possibility of a fatality increases.

_________________
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson,
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:How sad. We must be careful not to tar all US police with the same brush.

Why would "we" do that? You might have, but I haven't.

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.

Of course this is the Real reason for so much dislike of police in poorer areas

as a 19 year old I tried to report being robbed
I was told "we aren't here to help people like you"
I am sure many of black men in the USA get told the same.

Police don’t protect people like me, They told me that
Although they do now,
I have first hand experience with the fucking Huge difference in police attitude IF you have money and if you don't.

Silly rich princess, that never really learned how the other side lives.
Police Teach people to hate, them they Teach kids to fear and hate them.
they teach people they are just as likely to fine or arrest you when you go to them for help.
people feel the way they do about them because that is the experience they have had with them

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16357
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:18 am

didge wrote:This is a fine example to prove my point that automatically where and only a black person is shot by the Police, outlandish assumptions form. It is always possible it has been down to racism, but to presume that every time this happens as you are doing is based on how a reputation continues to form a poor sterotype and prejudice. Which we see sadly happens to the Poilice, blacks with crime and Muslims with terrorism.

That’s a red herring.  No one is presuming it is racism.  The evidence is there.  The most wonderful thing ever was the invention of cell phone cameras and CCTV…because you can see what happened.  

There is no presumption to it.  No stereotype involved.  It's right there before your eyes.  There's no more 'two-sides-to-the-story.  The story is told, right there on the video.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:25 am

didge wrote:It does not even formulate that the black person shot, has been shot out of the simple reailty that some officers when facing a situation lose control to fear and sadly that person loses their life.

Admittedly, there are training issues. There are also recruiting issues. The bad cops need to be weeded out. But training and recruiting do not really change things.

We have to live with the fact that police will have a diminished stature in our society for decades to come. It’s in the cards. With a political race involving a bully like Trump, who uses divisive issues and language indiscriminately, how can we expect otherwise?

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:29 am

didge wrote:It is such a dangerous claim to make that this only happens with blacks shot, which then leads to a further increase in the divide between the US people. What nobody ever asks is if or whether there is any history with each office involved of any racism. The reality of the problem is the gun laws itself, which makes facing an crime situation have the risks increase of an armed situatioin possible occur. If the risks go up, then the possibility of a fatality increases.

Dealing with truth may be dangerous.  But is hiding from the truth any safer?  Nature gave us eyes for a reason.  I'd rather look and see what's coming, than hide my head and suffer the consequences anyway..

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Didge on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:46 am

Original Quill wrote:
didge wrote:This is a fine example to prove my point that automatically where and only a black person is shot by the Police, outlandish assumptions form. It is always possible it has been down to racism, but to presume that every time this happens as you are doing is based on how a reputation continues to form a poor sterotype and prejudice. Which we see sadly happens to the Poilice, blacks with crime and Muslims with terrorism.

That’s a red herring.  No one is presuming it is racism.  The evidence is there.  The most wonderful thing ever was the invention of cell phone cameras and CCTV…because you can see what happened.  

There is no presumption to it.  No stereotype involved.  It's right there before your eyes.  There's no more 'two-sides-to-the-story.  The story is told, right there on the video.

Yes you presumming racism, based simply on a black person being shot in the recent case when they discovered a gun, Fear took over and they acted out of fear causing an unlawful death. The sight of the gun caused that, as why had they simply not bothered to shoot him before taking hom down onto the ground?
You see this is why you are unable to think, its easy to assertain what has occured and how easily a gun can strike fear into people with terrible consequences.
Your presumpion along with others leads others to sterotype the Police.
Some blacks committing crimes leads racists to sterotype the Blacks
Same with Muslimsthat commit terrorism
So yes I suggest you watch the video again and tell me why they simple did not gun him down until after they discovered the gun.
As it simple to see fear and panic set in which can be assertained in the voice whern they shout gun


Last edited by Didge on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson,
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Didge on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:49 am

Original Quill wrote:
didge wrote:It does not even formulate that the black person shot, has been shot out of the simple reailty that some officers when facing a situation lose control to fear and sadly that person loses their life.

Admittedly, there are training issues.  There are also recruiting issues.  The bad cops need to be weeded out.  But training and recruiting do not really change things.

We have to live with the fact that police will have a diminished stature in our society for decades to come.  It’s in the cards.  With a political race involving a bully like Trump, who uses divisive issues and language indiscriminately, how can we expect otherwise?

You cannot train for fear or the actual reality of facing a gun in any situation, only in real life experince can you learn to deal with this.
Hence why Amercican law on the right to bear arms makes the reality of such situations happenning a sad reality, hence why you see many whites and Latinos shot as well, in which also there cases where they are unarmed also.
You also have the added situation because of the sterotypes each way with Blacks and the Police which can add an added fear to the situation, increasing the risk that fear will take control, not only for the Police but the black man fearing for his life, who could fire his weapon it works both ways

_________________
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson,
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Didge on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:51 am

Original Quill wrote:
didge wrote:It is such a dangerous claim to make that this only happens with blacks shot, which then leads to a further increase in the divide between the US people. What nobody ever asks is if or whether there is any history with each office involved of any racism. The reality of the problem is the gun laws itself, which makes facing an crime situation have the risks increase of an armed situatioin possible occur. If the risks go up, then the possibility of a fatality increases.

Dealing with truth may be dangerous.  But is hiding from the truth any safer?  Nature gave us eyes for a reason.  I'd rather look and see what's coming, than hide my head and suffer the consequences anyway..

Hiding what truth?
As I say you need to assertain if the cause was racism, which I doubt in the vast majority of the cases, it is not the case at all.
Its because of past known cases of racism by the Police that leads to the wrong presummed position whenever now a black person is shot and killed by the Police, which is why you fail to grasp how and why prejudice anmd sterotypes forms
The problem that is casuing this is the fact that people are allowed to carry guns, which even leads to a fear when someone is unarmed and shot

_________________
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson,
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:25 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why would "we" do that? You might have, but I haven't.

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.

Of course this is the Real reason for so much dislike of police in poorer areas

as a 19 year old I tried to report being robbed
I was told "we aren't here to help people like you"
I am sure many of black men in the USA get told the same.

Police don’t protect people like me, They told me that
Although they do now,
I have first hand experience with the fucking Huge difference in police attitude IF you have money and if you don't.

Silly rich princess, that never really learned how the other side lives.
Police Teach people to hate, them they Teach kids to fear and hate them.
they teach people they are just as likely to fine or arrest you when you go to them for help.
people feel the way they do about them because that is the experience they have had with them

Who's a silly rich princess? If only. Laughing

What do you mean - people like you?

I've also had less than satisfactory encounters with the police, which generally involved being told that they probably won't catch the person who kicked down my door/smashed up my car. On the other hand, I've had good experiences with them where they have made a lot of effort and tried their best to help. I guess all police officers are different. I also hear about the dangers they face because I know people in the police or are friends with a police officer.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:27 am

One of the best experiences I've had with the police was at a protest against hare coursing. They were on our side and they didn't tolerate the abuse from the animal abusers - they paid them a visit afterwards.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:19 am

Suspect

RAGG'S AND DODGER are both talking a load of ansolute shit on this thread...

WHERE ARE their claimed apologists for the police killings ?

HAVE TO WONDER if either actually knows any police officers, or victims of wrongful police actions, with the total crap that they spew forth on threads like this..

THEY seem to be constantly excusing all corrupt and bad actions by mad and bad cops who plainly shouldn't be in the job.

RAG'S in her attacks against others on here, claims tnat it's okay for police to freely kill anybody they don't like the looks of !!! Apparently it's one of the perks of wearing the uniform..

AS WITH her earlier claims that I don't know any "blacks" (and therefore, I should go out and do some ""research" into what "blacks" say and think !!!),  it seems obvious that Ragg's isn't bothering to think before writing some of her utter garbage these days..         Rolling Eyes

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4410
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:28 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

RAGG'S AND DODGER are both talking a load of ansolute shit on this thread...

WHERE ARE their claimed apologists for the police killings ?

HAVE TO WONDER if either actually knows any police officers, or victims of wrongful police actions, with the total crap that they spew forth on threads like this..

THEY seem to be constantly excusing all corrupt and bad actions by mad and bad cops who plainly shouldn't be in the job.

RAG'S in her attacks against others on here, claims tnat it's okay for police to freely kill anybody they don't like the looks of !!!         Apparently it's one of the perks of wearing the uniform..

AS WITH her earlier claims that I don't know any "blacks" (and therefore, I should go out and do some ""research" into what "blacks" say and think !!!),  it seems obvious that Ragg's isn't bothering to think before writing some of her utter garbage these days..         Rolling Eyes

Do you have to troll this forum spewing abuse all day long? Try using your brain - if you have one - and say something meaningful for a change. You have a nerve accusing me of attacking others after that moronic rant.

Can you link to where I said it's OK for the police to freely kill anybody they don't like the look of, and that it's a perk of the uniform?

No? I didn't think you could. Razz

I also didn't say you don't know any black people - another fabrication from you. You should do some research though - you'll find the internet is littered with black people talking about their "own kind".

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:36 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why would "we" do that? You might have, but I haven't.

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.


Of course this is the Real reason for so much dislike of police in poorer areas

as a 19 year old I tried to report being robbed
I was told "we aren't here to help people like you"
I am sure many of black men in the USA get told the same.

Police don’t protect people like me, They told me that
Although they do now,
I have first hand experience with the fucking Huge difference in police attitude IF you have money and if you don't.

Silly rich princess, that never really learned how the other side lives.
Police Teach people to hate, them they Teach kids to fear and hate them.
they teach people they are just as likely to fine or arrest you when you go to them for help.
people feel the way they do about them because that is the experience they have had with them


Arrow

I'VE HAD similar bad experiences with police over the years, though US and British police are reputedly worse in their attitudes; and then Russian, Mexican, Brazilian worse again; and then it's a downhill slide through second and third world countries...

There are still too many arrogant, lazy and/or bullying police officers scattered across police forces.
And, it should never be forgotten that both Police forces and Firefighting services were originally created to look after rich people's interests --  something that a few rich mongrels would like to re-instate, IF they get their way (i.e. "user pays"..).

AS FOR their claim to a dangerous line of work..
People should check the actual death and injury rates for various occupations, before being fed the lies like in the OP :
Most dangerous job:
DEEP sea fisherman  !
Sector :   Agriculture, fishing and forestry..
2nd :   Transport, warehousing, machinery operators..
3rd : worldwide, is mining and energy sector..
4th :  construction and building workers..[/b]

IF A police officer believes he/she has the right to kill anybody they don't like the looks of -- then just maybe they're simply not cut out for the job !?!         What a Face

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4410
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by sassy on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:32 am

blackie333 wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Arrow

I'VE HAD similar bad experiences with police over the years, though US and British police are reputedly worse in their attitudes; and then Russian, Mexican, Brazilian worse again; and then it's a downhill slide through second and third world countries...

There are still too many arrogant, lazy and/or bullying police officers scattered across police forces.
And, it should never be forgotten that both Police forces and Firefighting services were originally created to look after rich people's interests --  something that a few rich mongrels would like to re-instate, IF they get their way (i.e. "user pays"..).

AS FOR their claim to a dangerous line of work..
People should check the actual death and injury rates for various occupations, before being fed the lies like in the OP :
Most dangerous job:
DEEP sea fisherman  !
Sector :   Agriculture, fishing and forestry..
2nd :   Transport, warehousing, machinery operators..
3rd : worldwide, is mining and energy sector..
4th :  construction and building workers..[/b]

IF A police officer believes he/she has the right to kill anybody they don't like the looks of -- then just maybe they're simply not cut out for the job !?!         What a Face

It's no different over here either Wee willy (That's my new nickname for you) lol.
Being black isn't thought of as being bad any more but being a Romanian or Polish and scrounging off us and being treated better than us natives
definitely annoys most of us even though most of us don't say so.
It's live and let live but inside we are fuming at the system that puts illegal immigrants first Crying or Very sad



Well, perhaps you should get up off your arse and work like the Polish and Rumanians then Blacktie, then you might find the community likes you as much as it does them.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17451
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why would "we" do that? You might have, but I haven't.

I do hope that those who sympathise with Johnson or "understand" why he did it never need to call the police for protection. If they do, I hope their call is ignored.

Of course this is the Real reason for so much dislike of police in poorer areas

as a 19 year old I tried to report being robbed
I was told "we aren't here to help people like you"
I am sure many of black men in the USA get told the same.

Police don’t protect people like me, They told me that
Although they do now,
I have first hand experience with the fucking Huge difference in police attitude IF you have money and if you don't.

Silly rich princess, that never really learned how the other side lives.
Police Teach people to hate, them they Teach kids to fear and hate them.
they teach people they are just as likely to fine or arrest you when you go to them for help.
people feel the way they do about them because that is the experience they have had with them

Who's a silly rich princess? If only. Laughing

What do you mean - people like you?


I've also had less than satisfactory encounters with the police, which generally involved being told that they probably won't catch the person who kicked down my door/smashed up my car. On the other hand, I've had good experiences with them where they have made a lot of effort and tried their best to help. I guess all police officers are different. I also hear about the dangers they face because I know people in the police or are friends with a police officer.

a westie.. poor .. lower class Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

As i have said before, I got Lucky,
by what is easiest to explain as a scholarship to an awesome high school (a selective for the academically gifted)
that got me into uni and basically set me up for life,
since I am not a moron and took the opportunity with both hands  geek
And now have got a good paying career that i am really good at and really enjoy. (one of the few people with no real complaints to be honest)

But part of me will always be a westie.
And i can honestly critique myself and say
Negative experience as a child/young man, as well as the attitudes of adults that live in lower class areas in which i grew up(which they inevitably got the same way in a vicious cycle of distrust)means that i don't trust or like interacting with police, although now that i have money they are significantly nicer.

It must say something about me in the database since the 'respect' increases when they check my ID.  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  (not sure if i am just being paranoid)
But it once went from 'oi you' to 'Sir' although it would have confirmed the nice car i was driving was mine  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  
Pretty sure he thought it was stolen,
German cars are the best thing out of Europe, one of the first big 'luxury' items i bought myself when i first started getting a 'professional' paycheck  




And it is Fucktonnes worse for African Americans in poorer areas than anyone in Australia  pale

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16357
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:43 pm

didge wrote:Yes you presumming racism, based simply on a black person being shot in the recent case when they discovered a gun, Fear took over and they acted out of fear causing an unlawful death. The sight of the gun caused that, as why had they simply not bothered to shoot him before taking hom down onto the ground?

No.  No presumption.  Fact: one dead black man.  Fact: one angry white cop shooting a bullet into him.  Fact: a video clip that evidences there was no justification for the murder.

The law cannot delve into the inner reaches of emotions and intellectual activity of every actor in such a drama.  When I try a case, it’s with facts.  Again: Fact: one dead black man.  Fact: one angry white cop shooting a bullet into him.  Fact: a video that shows there was no justification for the murder.

When patterns emerge we speak of epidemics.  In the case of homicides, we speak of serial killings.  A pattern of white cops killing black men has emerged.  Fact: it is a pattern of serial killings.  Fact: we have an epidemic of white cops killing black men.

An epidemic of murders of black men by cops…Verdict: racism.  In the absence of an omniscient jury, that's how the trial of the facts comes out.

didge wrote:You see this is why you are unable to think, its easy to assertain what has occured and how easily a gun can strike fear into people with terrible consequences.
Your presumpion along with others leads others to sterotype the Police.

Since you change the subject, I gather you have abandoned your argument.  Nice chatting.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Didge on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:

No.  No presumption.  Fact: one dead black man.  Fact: one angry white cop shooting a bullet into him.  Fact: a video clip that evidences there was no justification for the murder.

The law cannot delve into the inner reaches of emotions and intellectual activity of every actor in such a drama.  When I try a case, it’s with facts.  Again: Fact: one dead black man.  Fact: one angry white cop shooting a bullet into him.  Fact: a video that shows there was no justification for the murder.

When patterns emerge we speak of epidemics.  In the case of homicides, we speak of serial killings.  A pattern of white cops killing black men has emerged.  Fact: it is a pattern of serial killings.  Fact: we have an epidemic of white cops killing black men.

An epidemic of murders of black men by cops…Verdict: racism.  In the absence of an omniscient jury, that's how the trial of the facts comes out.



Since you change the subject, I gather you have abandoned your argument.  Nice chatting.


Gibberish again where now you are arguing off guilt by association of different seperate cases, which renders you not ever having the ability to have sat on the bench.
The first point is you have not even looked at the video you have only seen that that the person who shot the gun is white, everything after this is then ruled by your emotions and not any rational thinking.
Now where as you look at this emotional not as an indivual case, but base of non conected cases that were found to be racist renders you unable to rationally look at this case.
Like I say those who claim to be against racist from the left judge this as racist themselves because they have racially been prejudiced against the shooter, the Policeman, as he is white.
Now I do not rule out that it could be racism, of which there is nothing to show anything yet that shows racism by the officers involved, but again the very fact you seem to think the converstion is over shows fear in the inavlidity of your argument.
The simple fact is can you rule out the officer paniced when he saw the gun?
The simple answer is no and the simple reality is you have zero ability to use empathic intelligence to place yourself in this position.
Does this make the shooting still unlawful?
Yes, because he shot the man on the ground, but the simple other factor is that at no other point did they, when they could of shot him, knowing he was armed already, which they had been called out to in the first place. When you watch the video the shooting happens very soon after he shouts gun. Panic sets in and the officer has lost control.
There is no difference to your argument than when a racist sees a white person killed by a black person and only sees the coulour of the black person being the cause of the crime.
That is why your reasoning is flawed as its emotional and not based on any rational thinking
The fact you class them as seriel killings shows you have not got the first clue about criminology, where again like I say you class unassociated crimes by individuals to be one group out to murder blacks, which really sums how emotionally poor you are debating

_________________
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson,
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:19 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No.  No presumption.  Fact: one dead black man.  Fact: one angry white cop shooting a bullet into him.  Fact: a video clip that evidences there was no justification for the murder.

The law cannot delve into the inner reaches of emotions and intellectual activity of every actor in such a drama.  When I try a case, it’s with facts.  Again: Fact: one dead black man.  Fact: one angry white cop shooting a bullet into him.  Fact: a video that shows there was no justification for the murder.

When patterns emerge we speak of epidemics.  In the case of homicides, we speak of serial killings.  A pattern of white cops killing black men has emerged.  Fact: it is a pattern of serial killings.  Fact: we have an epidemic of white cops killing black men.

An epidemic of murders of black men by cops…Verdict: racism.  In the absence of an omniscient jury, that's how the trial of the facts comes out.



Since you change the subject, I gather you have abandoned your argument.  Nice chatting.

Some of that maybe true but if faced with others pointing guns at you you'd shoot them first as well and you know you would.

Absolute bullshit.  I've been a law enforcement officer and seen the training so you don't lose it.  What you are describing is in fact panic mode...police officers who panic are weeded out of the force.  Remember the words of Brian Tracy: There are no more saber-toothed tigers, so don't panic...panic is a useless emotion.

blackie333 wrote:You cant not go into a self preservation mode if faced with idiots wanting to harm you. Crying or Very sad

What was done in Baton Rouge and Minneapolis had nothing to do with self preservation.  In each case, it was a calculated, calm execution.  There was no threat to the police officer.  They were just shooting fish in a barrel.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Didge on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:05 am

Original Quill wrote:
blackie333 wrote:

Some of that maybe true but if faced with others pointing guns at you you'd shoot them first as well and you know you would.

Absolute bullshit.  I've been a law enforcement officer and seen the training so you don't lose it.  What you are describing is in fact panic mode...police officers who panic are weeded out of the force.  Remember the words of Brian Tracy: There are no more saber-toothed tigers, so don't panic...panic is a useless emotion.

blackie333 wrote:You cant not go into a self preservation mode if faced with idiots wanting to harm you. Crying or Very sad

What was done in Baton Rouge and Minneapolis had nothing to do with self preservation.  In each case, it was a calculated, calm execution.  There was no threat to the police officer.  They were just shooting fish in a barrel.

So supposedlly a lawyer, a law enforcement officer and a judge, lol I smell something.
You cannot account as I said in any training how officers will act when faced with the prospect of a gun and its American laws on guns that make the risk of possible fatal shootings area a higher probability.
The reaily is when we see like the Islamic extremist murderer of homosexuals, rightly the aspect of availability of guns is made, but when the reality of guns vastly increases the chances of fatal shootings in encounters with the Police. Then the left going into meltdown, because they simply only want to cause further divide and hate in American by misleading and claiming any such event is down to racism when the victim is African American.
The problem is two fold here, the high level of crimes, which the US system clearly is at fault and the fact people can bear arms in public, just about the most dumbest cause of the loss of innocent life

_________________
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson,
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:59 pm

didge wrote:So supposedlly a lawyer, a law enforcement officer and a judge, lol I smell something.

Better than a paedo like you.  Hanging around courts is better that hanging around elementary schools.

didge wrote:You cannot account as I said in any training how officers will act when faced with the prospect of a gun and its American laws on guns that make the risk of possible fatal shootings area a higher probability.

Like I said, if your recruits are untrainable, then you have a problem with recruitment.  

You seem always to be an apologist for the status quo.  Civilized people have found ways of progressing.  If they were all like you they'd be in caves still.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:16 pm

Major wrote:Was he forced to do that job?

How about the worlds soldiers, warriors? are they any different?

If ya don't like the smell get out of the kitchen.
Can't knock your logic, Stormee! No

It's pretty cut & dried ...but that surely isn't what or why so many people chose the careers that they have and then find out that they just aren't happy or suited to be what they are getting paid to do ...yet feel STUCK because 'it's the job that keeps the lights on and the food on the table'
 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:14 pm

Major wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Better than a paedo like you.  Hanging around courts is better that hanging around elementary schools.



Like I said, if your recruits are untrainable, then you have a problem with recruitment.  

You seem always to be an apologist for the status quo.  Civilized people have found ways of progressing.  If they were all like you they'd be in caves still.

Making the reference of being a paedo to another poster is wholly wrong and offensive.

So is the comment about my background. As long as it's going to happen, it's going to happen.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wife Of A Dallas Police Officer Wrote This Letter That Everyone Should

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum